Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396382 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:46 - Aug 9 with 4512 viewsHoopstar

Put it in the same file as Colback. Ordinarily would be negative towards this type of signing but boy do we need someone like him there. Hope he can keep fit and teach our sorry lot how to defend.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:34 - Aug 9 with 4230 viewsQPR_Hibs

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:41 - Aug 9 by aston_hoop

Danny Batth linked now. As long as you're an experienced and basic centre back, you're linked! To be fair, a lot of Sunderland fans are not sure why they're letting him go other than that they've signed a bunch of kids in his position!

We should have put an offer in a couple of months ago. That way we could have got an early Batth.

I'll get me coat....

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:57 - Aug 10 with 3911 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:00 - Aug 9 by Rangersw12

Yay another over the hill prem player on a 2 year deal

Joke of a club

It's your remark that's a joke!

You don't seem to be able to grasp that we desperately need him, with our injuries and after conceding nine in our last two games, and he's not leaving his lucrative Forest deal without an incentive from us. We can't afford much this season, hence he wants two years.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:12 - Aug 10 with 3837 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:57 - Aug 10 by francisbowles

You don't seem to be able to grasp that we desperately need him, with our injuries and after conceding nine in our last two games, and he's not leaving his lucrative Forest deal without an incentive from us. We can't afford much this season, hence he wants two years.

I'd spin that back at you and say we don't desperately need "him" but we do desperately need reinforcements in that position and others.

The club is a joke -- our weaknesses have been clear to see for donkeys yet here we are signing golden oldies a week into the season.

That aside....... if Cook and Colback have 25% of the input and influence Hill and Derry had then fair fackin play.

We'll see.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:19 - Aug 10 with 3781 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:12 - Aug 10 by Lblock

I'd spin that back at you and say we don't desperately need "him" but we do desperately need reinforcements in that position and others.

The club is a joke -- our weaknesses have been clear to see for donkeys yet here we are signing golden oldies a week into the season.

That aside....... if Cook and Colback have 25% of the input and influence Hill and Derry had then fair fackin play.

We'll see.

Yes, I can see your points and largely agree, but if not 'him' then who?

We've been trying to get someone in this position for quite a few weeks and only managed to attract Fox. It's not easy and we have to adapt to our current circumstances.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:26 - Aug 10 with 3734 viewsRBlock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:21 - Aug 9 by traininvain

Which website?

You mean there's more than one?!
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:29 - Aug 10 with 3693 viewsBloatarr

Some people would complain if we bought Messi.
"Too old, legs are gone, no resale value, What about bringing the youngsters through, he's only here for the money"

We are where we are, we need what we need, a team is about a mix and balance of different skills and experience. Too many whiners, trying to be right about the club being a bit rubbish at the moment. You always here how much the fans can help the team and GA is being incredibly confident and upbeat to get the team working as one, and we're watching and telling them they are all sh*t.

Anyway, I still love QPR, the stories my dad told me of him supporting QPR at White City (it was crap apparently, stands miles from the pitch), getting showered with rust if the ball hit the roof of the stand, or listen on the radio as Wolves capitulated against Liverpool. Ok not great at the moment, but it just makes the good times even better.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:29 - Aug 10 with 3685 viewsRangersw12

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:57 - Aug 10 by francisbowles

Because in 12 months time we won't want him but will be saddled with his expensive wages i.e like we were with Johansen

Ainsworth has been managing in the lower leagues for 10 years yet all he seems to be signing is Prem players where are these lower league players he said he knew about ? What are the recruitment team doing ?

I fully understand the situation but overloading our squad with over 30s on two year deals isn't the way forward.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:48 - Aug 10 with 3607 viewsAndybrat

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:29 - Aug 10 by Rangersw12

Because in 12 months time we won't want him but will be saddled with his expensive wages i.e like we were with Johansen

Ainsworth has been managing in the lower leagues for 10 years yet all he seems to be signing is Prem players where are these lower league players he said he knew about ? What are the recruitment team doing ?

I fully understand the situation but overloading our squad with over 30s on two year deals isn't the way forward.

Mind you if Maguire is worth £30M at 30 this feels like not the worst deal. We are where we are he is what we need. My mate Belchers would rather we just blood the youngsters and if we go down so be it. There has to be a half way house. Our strength is further up the field, to make them blossom we need the solidity at the back.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:57 - Aug 10 with 3532 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:29 - Aug 10 by Rangersw12

No one is saying it's perfect or the way forward. Fact is we've been trying for several weeks to sign a centre back, young and/or experienced and we haven't, apart from Fox, managed it.

We can't go on losing by four every week. It won't fix itself, confidence will sink lower and it will get worse.

We have to take immediate remedial action that we can afford. We have to keep the costs down this season, hence the two year contracts.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:22 - Aug 11 with 2934 viewsToast_R

Caicedo going to Liverpool for £111M. Brighton possibly the best run club ever.

Remember duking it out with them for the free transfer of that nut job Leon Knight a mere 20 years ago.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:35 - Aug 11 with 2876 viewsJamesB1979

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:22 - Aug 11 by Toast_R

Remember duking it out with them for the free transfer of that nut job Leon Knight a mere 20 years ago.

Made that rowlands goal all the more sweet
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:31 - Aug 11 with 2711 viewsted_hendrix

Caicedo going to Liverpool for £111M.

Dear me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:53 - Aug 11 with 2593 viewsHunterhoop

Tony Bloom is a very very clever man.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:53 - Aug 11 with 2589 viewsEastR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:31 - Aug 11 by ted_hendrix

Dear me.

They bought him for £4m 2 years ago and didn't play him until just over a year ago.

And for any FF enthusiasts out there he's a £5m midfielder

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:54 - Aug 11 with 2585 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:53 - Aug 11 by Hunterhoop

Tony Bloom is a very very clever man.

He must have such a lovely chuckle into his first glass of wine of the day. Every day.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:58 - Aug 11 with 2557 viewsHunterhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:54 - Aug 11 by Northernr

He must have such a lovely chuckle into his first glass of wine of the day. Every day.

He has big balls too. The bloke puts 500k single bets on horses down. Horses he owns. And he has an army of very intelligent data analysts on 6 figures who he poached from the banking sector to operate his this betting syndicate he has. He has better data people that the bookies.

I love the story of a few years back how the money he won on Penhill (his own horse) went into purchasing Glen Murray, who helped get them out of the Champ…
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:02 - Aug 11 with 2512 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:58 - Aug 11 by Hunterhoop

He has big balls too. The bloke puts 500k single bets on horses down. Horses he owns. And he has an army of very intelligent data analysts on 6 figures who he poached from the banking sector to operate his this betting syndicate he has. He has better data people that the bookies.

I love the story of a few years back how the money he won on Penhill (his own horse) went into purchasing Glen Murray, who helped get them out of the Champ…

Used to see hi on his lap top in the Oak Tree Cafe next to The Griffin in Whetstone a lot. Me sitting there eating eggs, him sitting there presumably making another couple of million.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:07 - Aug 11 with 2452 viewsdaveB

Brighton's recruitment has been incredible, hope they don't go same way as Southampton who everyone was nicking players off a few years back
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:10 - Aug 11 with 2425 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:31 - Aug 11 by ted_hendrix

Dear me.

I know.

Technically we've not missed out, as he's nowhere near our age range.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:21 - Aug 11 with 2341 viewsjohnhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:10 - Aug 11 by PlanetHonneywood

I know.

Technically we've not missed out, as he's nowhere near our age range.

Might have put us slightly over the top on FFP as well.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:24 - Aug 11 with 2304 viewsstevec

Think anybody who’d witnessed the positives Webb and McLintock brought to a very good team wouldn’t be slagging off the need for a handful of over thirties.

In the present, we need serious professionals to properly flush out who’s got it and who hasn’t amongst the younger players.

If Willock and Richards still don’t step up, it’ll reveal their nature to the football world. If Armstrong and Kakay don’t improve with these players alongside, we’ll know for certain these players standing in the game. If JCS is too fond of the treatment table, this’ll be the proof.

It’s cards on the table time, I’m looking forward to it.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:33 - Aug 11 with 2226 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:21 - Aug 11 by johnhoop

Might have put us slightly over the top on FFP as well.

Actually, that's a good point. I think Clive wrote a few months vack that we might need to be sensible. I might be wrong, though.

Also, that's a lot of wedge for a bloke who's going to play second violin to Dozzell.

Again, more astute work from QPR in the transfer market.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:38 - Aug 11 with 2188 viewsHayesender

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:24 - Aug 11 by stevec

Think anybody who’d witnessed the positives Webb and McLintock brought to a very good team wouldn’t be slagging off the need for a handful of over thirties.

In the present, we need serious professionals to properly flush out who’s got it and who hasn’t amongst the younger players.

If Willock and Richards still don’t step up, it’ll reveal their nature to the football world. If Armstrong and Kakay don’t improve with these players alongside, we’ll know for certain these players standing in the game. If JCS is too fond of the treatment table, this’ll be the proof.

Yep, i think a few of our wasters are about to get some serious rockets up their backsides

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:55 - Aug 11 with 2107 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:24 - Aug 11 by stevec

I'm certainly not going to knock Webb & McClintock, Clint Hill, Ryan Nelson or Steve Cook.

The problem is though that when they are 'done', we don't have anyone to replace them. Webb and McClintock aged, the team went into decline. Sexton decided he'd had enough and was leaving to be first team coach, under a manager (Bertie Mee?), at Arsenal. Albeit that didn't happen and he ended up as manager of Man U.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024