Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396424 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:09 - Aug 11 with 5610 viewsEastR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:38 - Aug 11 by Hayesender

Yep, i think a few of our wasters are about to get some serious rockets up their backsides

The Ghost is in for a serious rollicking from Messrs Cook and Colback if he doesn't track back

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:09 - Aug 11 with 5388 viewsCamberleyR

I don't want to up the pedantryometer but Dave Webb wasn't that old when he signed for us, he was only 28. Looked older mind.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:14 - Aug 11 with 5358 viewsCamberleyR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:55 - Aug 11 by francisbowles

I'm certainly not going to knock Webb & McClintock, Clint Hill, Ryan Nelson or Steve Cook.

The problem is though that when they are 'done', we don't have anyone to replace them. Webb and McClintock aged, the team went into decline. Sexton decided he'd had enough and was leaving to be first team coach, under a manager (Bertie Mee?), at Arsenal. Albeit that didn't happen and he ended up as manager of Man U.

Terry Neill was Arsenal manager at that time. Don Howe filled that role a few months later.

Saw it on a recent Big Match Revisited from the 77/78 season a couple of weeks ago when Arsenal were the featured game and Brian Moore said in commentary that Don Howe had just been installed as their first team coach/assistant to Terry Neill.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 12:15]

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:07 - Aug 11 with 5198 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:14 - Aug 11 by CamberleyR

Terry Neill was Arsenal manager at that time. Don Howe filled that role a few months later.

Saw it on a recent Big Match Revisited from the 77/78 season a couple of weeks ago when Arsenal were the featured game and Brian Moore said in commentary that Don Howe had just been installed as their first team coach/assistant to Terry Neill.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 12:15]

Thanks Camberley. I couldn't remember whether Mee had retired by then. Was Howe the coach under Mee when they did the double in 71? If so did he leave to be manager at WBA and then go back when sacked?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:29 - Aug 11 with 5081 viewsterryb

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:07 - Aug 11 by francisbowles

Thanks Camberley. I couldn't remember whether Mee had retired by then. Was Howe the coach under Mee when they did the double in 71? If so did he leave to be manager at WBA and then go back when sacked?

Howe was certainly the coach in '71 & became manager of West Brom.

After leaving/dismissed he became coach at Leeds, then manager at Galatasaray before rejoining Arsenal.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:31 - Aug 11 with 5058 viewsCamberleyR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:07 - Aug 11 by francisbowles

Yes, he was the first team coach of the double team in '71 then managed West Brom for a couple of seasons. I think he was Jimmy Armfield's number 2 at Leeds for a spell before going back to Arsenal.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:39 - Aug 11 with 4982 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks Terry and Camberley.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:05 - Aug 11 with 4870 viewsSuffolk

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:21 - Aug 11 by johnhoop

Might have put us slightly over the top on FFP as well.

Sorry! I meant to thumbs up 👍
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:40 - Aug 11 with 4593 viewsDieByYourSide

Cov's Gustavo Hamer to Sheffield United for £15m. Half...maybe even a third of that gets them Ilias Chair as a replacement, surely?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 15:40]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:56 - Aug 11 with 4510 viewsaston_hoop

Mac Bonne announced at Gillingham. Sales of Jaffa Cakes on the rise around the region

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:36 - Aug 11 with 4358 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:40 - Aug 11 by DieByYourSide

Cov's Gustavo Hamer to Sheffield United for £15m. Half...maybe even a third of that gets them Ilias Chair as a replacement, surely?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 15:40]

Chair is a proven, quality Championship player who is under contract until 2025 so I'd expect a tidy sum for him.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:40 - Aug 11 with 4357 viewsWatford_Ranger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:56 - Aug 11 by aston_hoop

Mac Bonne announced at Gillingham. Sales of Jaffa Cakes on the rise around the region

Sincerely expect him to feel it’s beneath him and be at Ebbsfleet or somewhere this time next year.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:28 - Aug 11 with 4093 viewsHoopsie

Looking at Burnley v Man City, I think they seriously need some defensive reinforcements

Field to them for 5 million?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:31 - Aug 14 with 3500 viewsDorse

Eenin' Staaanit linking us with Stansfield from Fulham on loan. Seem to remember his name coming up before but can't find it, so apologies if this is a Spackman.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-jay-stansfield-fulham-transfer-new

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:39 - Aug 14 with 3443 viewsCateLeBonR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:31 - Aug 14 by Dorse

Eenin' Staaanit linking us with Stansfield from Fulham on loan. Seem to remember his name coming up before but can't find it, so apologies if this is a Spackman.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-jay-stansfield-fulham-transfer-new

iee, iee, iee don’t mind the sound of that.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:09 - Aug 14 with 3292 viewsdmm

Standsfield has been mooted before and there was a positive feeling about him. Appears to be a player who'd cover for Dykes.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:40 - Aug 14 with 3036 viewsbosh67

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:09 - Aug 14 by dmm

Standsfield has been mooted before and there was a positive feeling about him. Appears to be a player who'd cover for Dykes.

Just seen that. Good season for Exeter but like Armstrong, he's only 20. But would be a useful addition perhaps on loan.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:03 - Aug 14 with 2952 viewsDavieQPR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:53 - Aug 11 by Hunterhoop

Tony Bloom is a very very clever man.

Anyone remember when John Bloom the washing machine millionaire tried a couple of times to buy us?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:14 - Aug 14 with 2867 viewsflynnbo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:03 - Aug 14 by DavieQPR

Anyone remember when John Bloom the washing machine millionaire tried a couple of times to buy us?

Was there much truth in it or was it just spin?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:25 - Aug 14 with 2817 viewsLongsufferingR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:14 - Aug 14 by flynnbo

A few people got in a lather about it but we weren't prepared to be hung out to dry.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:51 - Aug 14 with 2655 viewsQPRSteve

It was thought to be part of a money laundering scheme.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:09 - Aug 14 with 2575 viewsterryb

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:14 - Aug 14 by flynnbo

I think he was a director of the club prior to Jim Gregory taking over.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:54 - Aug 14 with 2367 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:51 - Aug 14 by QPRSteve

It was thought to be part of a money laundering scheme.

Can’t you put a positive spin on it?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:06 - Aug 14 with 2311 viewsQPRSteve

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:54 - Aug 14 by Lblock

Can’t you put a positive spin on it?

I'm rinsing my hands of it,
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:36 - Aug 14 with 2154 viewsEastR

He didn't front load his bid enough and got drummed out of the process

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024