Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396443 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:02 - Sep 1 with 3411 viewsCamberleyR

As I posted on another thread recently, Chair and Hamer have had almost identical goals/assists stats over the last three seasons. Hamer went for a fee believed to be £15 million so if Chair goes, his fee has got to be an eight figure one. Anything less and we'll have had our pants pulled down again IMO.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 10:14]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:03 - Sep 1 with 3403 viewsBlue_Castello

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:35 - Sep 1 by dmm

From Leicester's perspective, they will be desperate to bounce back up at the first time of asking and would easily be able to afford a few extra £m in pursuit of that goal.

Yes, we're a motivated seller but they are just as motivated as a buyer.

Exactly they have sold Maddison for £40 million and Barnes for reportedly £39 million and I remember they paid Spuds £10 million for Winks but I'm sure their transfer dealings are showing a considerable surplus without spending ages googling their deals.
They can afford to pay the true market value but nobody ever offers there best price at the outset, as Mr Honney rightly says they have far more options and could quite easily just walk away from the deal, that's the tricky bit.....
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:20 - Sep 1 with 3288 viewsHAYESBOY

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:03 - Sep 1 by Blue_Castello

Exactly they have sold Maddison for £40 million and Barnes for reportedly £39 million and I remember they paid Spuds £10 million for Winks but I'm sure their transfer dealings are showing a considerable surplus without spending ages googling their deals.
They can afford to pay the true market value but nobody ever offers there best price at the outset, as Mr Honney rightly says they have far more options and could quite easily just walk away from the deal, that's the tricky bit.....

Castange to Fulham as well now.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:22 - Sep 1 with 3271 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:02 - Sep 1 by CamberleyR

As I posted on another thread recently, Chair and Hamer have had almost identical goals/assists stats over the last three seasons. Hamer went for a fee believed to be £15 million so if Chair goes, his fee has got to be an eight figure one. Anything less and we'll have had our pants pulled down again IMO.

Was saying on the Boro podcast last night I've always been mystified into the lack of interest in Chair as all the trendy analytics numbers he scores brilliantly in, top ten in the division, while playing in a crap side. The only thing I can think is that all of his goals are outside the box, he's poor in the penalty area, and the xG evangelists don't like that at all because they say it won't sustain (which, of course, with Willock, and Adam Reach before him, it didn't).
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:26 - Sep 1 with 3219 viewsrbee

Plus he lacks a yard of pace and can slow the game down.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:29 - Sep 1 with 3186 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:26 - Sep 1 by rbee

Plus he lacks a yard of pace and can slow the game down.

Call it "pausa" and that becomes a positive mate.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:31 - Sep 1 with 3147 viewsrbee

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:29 - Sep 1 by Northernr

Call it "pausa" and that becomes a positive mate.

Perfect!

All gone quiet on the Eze front.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:34 - Sep 1 with 3094 viewsLblock

People at our club couldn’t negotiate their way out of a room with one doorway

I’d be saying £10mill now or £12.5mill in Jan
If he goes it’ll considerably weaken us and basically if not replaced confirms relegation

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:42 - Sep 1 with 3003 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

What do you mean pants pulled down again? Who's pulled our pants down over transfer fees recently?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:53 - Sep 1 with 2888 viewsqprcmob

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:34 - Sep 1 by Lblock

People at our club couldn’t negotiate their way out of a room with one doorway

I’d be saying £10mill now or £12.5mill in Jan
If he goes it’ll considerably weaken us and basically if not replaced confirms relegation

Maybe not if we can get the lesser spotted Taylor 'dodo bird' Richards to step up and earn his corn
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:55 - Sep 1 with 2877 viewsrbee

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:42 - Sep 1 by Padulas_Shampoo

What do you mean pants pulled down again? Who's pulled our pants down over transfer fees recently?

Dickie and especially Dieng were sold for very reasonable prices but I view those deals as us wanting some cash in quickly.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:04 - Sep 1 with 2766 viewsTK1

£6 million or £8 million - whatever, we have to sell him if there's a real bid (and not just a Reach hack on twitter who has a hit or miss strike rate - basically just gets agent or buying club tips and punts them out).

Have to sell Chair. Not just for the money, although also for money. But above all for what it says to players, agents. It's fundamental for the club.

Eze, Dieng and now possibly Chair came to the club too old for academy football. QPR developed them into first team regulars, top Championship players. They signed extension deals in good faith and then we sold them upwards.

It says to players, sign that extension. We won't stand in your way next year. It says to young talent, come to QPR - look at Eze, Dieng, Chair, Manning, BOS...you'll prosper. And it says to Kolli, Armstrong - sign that extension next summer and in two or three years you'll be playing in the Premier League if you work hard.

It's fundamental. It's the model. And it's actually working a decade in, just as Ramsey and LF said it would in that time. In every position other than number 9, QPR are growing professional footballers some of whom are leaving the club for millions of pounds. There'll be two or three in that 18s squad with a chance.

Every player on the bus going to Boro, every player at the training ground, every QPR coach, the board - they will all be absolutely delighted if Chair leaves for £6 million quid. It means they are at the right the club and the club is moving forwards.

If they can squeeze another million or two out of them, amazing. It's not the most important thing. Kolli will step up, and they'll get players in. Chair joining at 19 for nothing and leaving at 25 for £6million is exactly how it's meant to work.

(I will miss him though: lovely lad, good player)
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:13 - Sep 1 with 2639 viewsQPRConor2000

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:04 - Sep 1 by TK1

£6 million or £8 million - whatever, we have to sell him if there's a real bid (and not just a Reach hack on twitter who has a hit or miss strike rate - basically just gets agent or buying club tips and punts them out).

Have to sell Chair. Not just for the money, although also for money. But above all for what it says to players, agents. It's fundamental for the club.

Eze, Dieng and now possibly Chair came to the club too old for academy football. QPR developed them into first team regulars, top Championship players. They signed extension deals in good faith and then we sold them upwards.

It says to players, sign that extension. We won't stand in your way next year. It says to young talent, come to QPR - look at Eze, Dieng, Chair, Manning, BOS...you'll prosper. And it says to Kolli, Armstrong - sign that extension next summer and in two or three years you'll be playing in the Premier League if you work hard.

It's fundamental. It's the model. And it's actually working a decade in, just as Ramsey and LF said it would in that time. In every position other than number 9, QPR are growing professional footballers some of whom are leaving the club for millions of pounds. There'll be two or three in that 18s squad with a chance.

Every player on the bus going to Boro, every player at the training ground, every QPR coach, the board - they will all be absolutely delighted if Chair leaves for £6 million quid. It means they are at the right the club and the club is moving forwards.

If they can squeeze another million or two out of them, amazing. It's not the most important thing. Kolli will step up, and they'll get players in. Chair joining at 19 for nothing and leaving at 25 for £6million is exactly how it's meant to work.

I would be pushing for £10m personally.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:15 - Sep 1 with 2594 viewsTK1

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:13 - Sep 1 by QPRConor2000

Gosh, I wonder if the board have thought of that?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:16 - Sep 1 with 2589 viewsjohnhoop

Whether we get £6million or £10 million it will be too late to replace him and we will have nothing to link the defensive midfield of Field and Colback with the strikers.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:17 - Sep 1 with 2574 viewsQPRConor2000

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:15 - Sep 1 by TK1

Gosh, I wonder if the board have thought of that?

Knowing our board they would accept £1.5m plus a 5 year supply of Mars Bars.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:20 - Sep 1 with 2543 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:04 - Sep 1 by TK1

This. And as you say IF this is even legit. Can't see anything else anywhere bar that one post on Twitter. Suspect it's absolute twaddle personally.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:35 - Sep 1 with 2401 viewsderbyhoop

If we have to sell Chair in the last few hours of the transfer window, we'll struggle to get a replacement. For that reason alone, I'd be wanting an 8 figure bid. For £6m, Leicester can Foxtrot Oscar.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:36 - Sep 1 with 2380 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:35 - Sep 1 by derbyhoop

If we have to sell Chair in the last few hours of the transfer window, we'll struggle to get a replacement. For that reason alone, I'd be wanting an 8 figure bid. For £6m, Leicester can Foxtrot Oscar.

However, playing devil's advocate and I'm absolutely not saying this is the case but... if we bust FFP without the £6m but we don't with it, then they'll sell for £6m if that's what's on the table.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:42 - Sep 1 with 2290 viewsdavman

It doesn't matter how much we "push" for. They (and everyone else) know that we are desperate for cash, so why not aim low?

Bottom line remains, as always the FFP calculations. If we are £5m short of meeting the target and there is £6m on the table, "hard balling" for £10m might not be worthwhile. That is the black and white of it as far as I can see. If we NEED £5m and its £6m or NOTHING, not sure that there is a choice.

Market economy - something is only worth a figure if someone is willing to pay that figure.

This is the mess we have got ourselves into and it is an utter shambles, but that is the reality of our position...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:04 - Sep 1 with 2098 viewsBrianWilson

Chair would be an absolute steal at 6 mil IMO. Think we would be in big trouble without him....bigger trouble that is

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:27 - Sep 1 with 1878 viewsTK1

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:16 - Sep 1 by johnhoop

Whether we get £6million or £10 million it will be too late to replace him and we will have nothing to link the defensive midfield of Field and Colback with the strikers.

Well, they'll have Willock and Taylor-Richards who are both those exact players you describe, plus they have Dozzell who is much nearer an attacking mid than the holding mid he was played as last season and the first weeks of this, then they have Kolli coming through, Bala in the 18s...

You can argue about whether those players are good enough (Willock definitely is - he's more decisive and unplayable than Chair when fit, but he's not fit), that's a separate argument. But I reckon the link play number 8/10 is the one position QPR are well stocked in. It's not like Dykes being sold.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:47 - Sep 1 with 1745 viewsCateLeBonR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:04 - Sep 1 by BrianWilson

Chair would be an absolute steal at 6 mil IMO. Think we would be in big trouble without him....bigger trouble that is

The same has been said before after losing our better players and we in fact improved. Not saying that would happen now but selling Chair might open a number of doors to us. Like giving Willock a new contract on better terms, if that’s what we want to do or by tying some of our younger prospects down to a longer contract. Like Sinclair Armstrong and increasing his future value in the process.

I think we need to get away from this constant living in fear of relegation. We could keep Chair and get relegated anyway and how much would he be worth then?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:50 - Sep 1 with 1713 viewsconnell10

Chair will remain seated.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:52 - Sep 1 with 1692 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:50 - Sep 1 by connell10

Chair will remain seated.

I hope this turns out better than that Covid thread you started that time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024