Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396368 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:18 - Jun 1 with 7042 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:04 - Jun 1 by BklynRanger

I dunno, iStock days he's a senior businessman so he must know a thing or two! Blokes like that don't do failure.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:23 - Jun 1 with 7010 viewsBklynRanger

Jim Kilts is a good man, got a lot of time for him
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:27 - Jun 1 with 7001 viewsbosh67

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:43 - Jun 1 by Northernr

I will never, ever understand the mentality of people who do that. How small must your dick have to be?

A Clarke-Harris signing smells of massive financial hardship and goal drought to me. Remember these are the guys we got Washington from.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:01 - Jun 1 with 6145 viewsHanwellHoopster

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:27 - Jun 1 by bosh67

A Clarke-Harris signing smells of massive financial hardship and goal drought to me. Remember these are the guys we got Washington from.

Dreadful take. Us spending the type of money we'd need to spend to get Clarke-Harris would be the opposite of financial hardship. And you think us getting one dud from Peterborough means we shouldn't sign anyone else from them? Given they also produced Toney, Gayle and Assombalonga I'm not sure we should be blaming them. If we rule out signings from every club we've ever had a dud from there aren't many ponds we can fish in anymore.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:11 - Jun 1 with 6050 viewsLowerloftLad

A quick look at Clarke-Harris goal's and stats and it's a bit harsh to be putting him the same player bracket as Connor Washington.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 16:12]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:54 - Jun 1 with 5781 viewsThird_Division_South

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:11 - Jun 1 by LowerloftLad

A quick look at Clarke-Harris goal's and stats and it's a bit harsh to be putting him the same player bracket as Connor Washington.

Clarke-Harris will be waaaay out of our price range. Posh always get top dollar for their players.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:55 - Jun 1 with 5756 viewsHayesender

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:11 - Jun 1 by LowerloftLad

I'd still like to know who actually scouted Washington and decided he was worth spunking a large part of the Charlie Austin money on.

Allegedly he was so bad in training, other players couldn't believe we'd signed him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:11 - Jun 1 with 5704 viewsThird_Division_South

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:55 - Jun 1 by Hayesender

I'd still like to know who actually scouted Washington and decided he was worth spunking a large part of the Charlie Austin money on.

Allegedly he was so bad in training, other players couldn't believe we'd signed him

Wasn’t it JF Stickelback because he’d scored two goals against his Burton team?
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:42 - Jun 1 with 5573 viewsQPR_Jim

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:01 - Jun 1 by HanwellHoopster

Dreadful take. Us spending the type of money we'd need to spend to get Clarke-Harris would be the opposite of financial hardship. And you think us getting one dud from Peterborough means we shouldn't sign anyone else from them? Given they also produced Toney, Gayle and Assombalonga I'm not sure we should be blaming them. If we rule out signings from every club we've ever had a dud from there aren't many ponds we can fish in anymore.

Peterborough are shrewd, so if they want to sell him then I guess they either have someone in the pipeline they need to get playing or have a player in mind to sign.

Clarke-Harris is 29 soon, so I imagine that they want to sell him while his stock is high and before he gets to 30. So we could invest a big chunk of our budget on him with no sell on potential.

I'd be looking to see if we can pick up a 22-26year old striker on the cheap rather than him tbh.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:16 - Jun 1 with 5241 viewsAntti_Heinola

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:55 - Jun 1 by Hayesender

He didn't work out, and was hugely overpriced due to a purple patch at the start of that season (Mike sheron syndrome), but come on. Let's not act like he was a non-league player. The idea he was 'so bad in training' is just silly. Especially with that squad. A bit pot and kettle.

Also, weird there's an ongoing debate about this Posh striker when we seemed to establish further up that it's a made up rumour?

Bare bones.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:32 - Jun 1 with 5184 viewsDWQPR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:42 - Jun 1 by QPR_Jim

Peterborough are shrewd, so if they want to sell him then I guess they either have someone in the pipeline they need to get playing or have a player in mind to sign.

Clarke-Harris is 29 soon, so I imagine that they want to sell him while his stock is high and before he gets to 30. So we could invest a big chunk of our budget on him with no sell on potential.

I'd be looking to see if we can pick up a 22-26year old striker on the cheap rather than him tbh.

Shouldn’t we just recruit Barry Fry. To be fair he does have an eye for a forward.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:33 - Jun 1 with 5173 viewsHayesender

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:16 - Jun 1 by Antti_Heinola

He didn't work out, and was hugely overpriced due to a purple patch at the start of that season (Mike sheron syndrome), but come on. Let's not act like he was a non-league player. The idea he was 'so bad in training' is just silly. Especially with that squad. A bit pot and kettle.

Also, weird there's an ongoing debate about this Posh striker when we seemed to establish further up that it's a made up rumour?

Washington would struggle in non league.

Even the Peterborough chairman was laughing at us

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:58 - Jun 1 with 5093 viewsLordPork

Ditto the Chairman of Hayes ( wasn't it, jumpers for goalposts ?} when we bought Lee Charles.......

I well remember being in The Loft and we needed a goal to win/draw in the last 2 or 3 mins

ball came over at his feet, just fall on it, fart at it, sneeze at it, anything

he missed it totally, his leg swinging wildly like it had become unhinged, a bit like me.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:18 - Jun 1 with 4762 viewsderbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:33 - Jun 1 by Hayesender

Harsh on Washington.
Played and scored for Rotherham this last season, so to claim he was non-League standard is OTT.
Clarke-Harris has a year left on his contract, which is why Peterborough are prepared to listen to offers. But, if we can afford him, I'll be the next PM.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:23 - Jun 1 with 4732 viewsNorthernr

A fav stat from the end of terms - Tyler Roberts, career goal average of about 1 in 8; Conor Washington, 1 in 4.5.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:55 - Jun 1 with 4609 viewsbosh67

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:01 - Jun 1 by HanwellHoopster

Actually my main point is that I doubt we can afford him. The goal drought line was more tongue in cheek. Anyone who thinks we can afford Clarke-Harris (fee or wages) is kidding themselves.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:03 - Jun 1 with 4563 viewsBklynRanger

Is the cooking thing a meth reference?

If so we need a couple of Mike Ehrmantrauts in the team next season - Sean Derry types.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:06 - Jun 1 with 4546 viewsCiderwithRsie

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:54 - Jun 1 by MedwayR

I might set up a fake account just to see if I can get the Baggio rumours going again.

Surely out of contract and available on a free by now.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:09 - Jun 1 with 4533 viewskensalriser

And yet he made 37 appearances last season in the Championship playing for a team who'll still be there next season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:19 - Jun 1 with 4278 viewsenfieldargh

THe entire POsh squad has been transfr listed

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:59 - Jun 1 with 4199 viewsLazyFan

That fake account, I would guess, was set up by a PA employed by an agent who wants to drum up interest in their player. I bet you could even hire a company to do that for you so you can have total deniability and no IP tracking.

Even though we know it's all tosh about posh, but the agent can go back to the player and say to them...

"look keep me as your agent, I am about to get you that massive move. Have you not seen the web is buzzing with the news, it all over dik-dok!"

And stupid footballer believes it of course, as they want to believe it is true.

The thing about Rumours is that most of the time they ain't true and it's fake smoke which is why they are called rumours. Sometimes they even do this to put you off the real move and bump up the price to the real club who is in for the player.

One thing QPR did well with the Eze transfer is when WBA came in last min with the full monies (no add-ons) we still said no, as we knew Eze was set by then on Palace and we wanted to set the president for future transfers.
"Don't muck about or you will miss your chance and he will be sold elsewhere as we did with Eze".

QPR will ensure anyone who comes in for our players will be told that to their agents to then tell the buying club.
The Eze transfer is still giving in that way too.

zzzzzzzzzz

Summer Transfer Rumours on 00:52 - Jun 2 with 4126 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:19 - Jun 1 by enfieldargh

THe entire POsh squad has been transfr listed

We should move in for Jack Taylor is he is on the list .Called up to ROI squad for their hot weather training camp .
Summer Transfer Rumours on 02:43 - Jun 2 with 4048 viewsbob566

Summer Transfer Rumours on 00:52 - Jun 2 by CLAREMAN1995

We should move in for Jack Taylor is he is on the list .Called up to ROI squad for their hot weather training camp .

Mason Melia. Irish u17 striker. Could be the next Evan ferguson
Summer Transfer Rumours on 02:48 - Jun 2 with 4045 viewsJordanFoster

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:30 - May 31 by R_from_afar

"So Gaz sold him to a team in the league below in January and now wants to sign him for a championship team?"

It does sound a bit strange but WWFC were the first senior team he played for and he joined at the age of 19. He came through the Swansea - and Tranmere - academies.

He got 10 in 20 for Wimbledon last season and is now a full international for Iraq.

If you can stomach the wobbly fan filmed footage, here are said 10 goals. He looks like a decent finisher but who knows if he can cut it at Championship level.

This is an interesting one. The move to Wimbledon was quite specific to give him 6-months at that level and then be able to jump back up.

The rep is a good guy, very thorough and wants the best for his clients, he’s only young too. He got his foot in the door of the industry thanks to… drumroll…. Neil Banfield whilst at QPR. They’re family friends. The move to Wimbledon wasn’t particularly favoured by Ainsworth at the time, he wanted to make it a loan but the personal relationship between the agent and Ainsworth swung it.

No idea if it will happen though…
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 2:52]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:31 - Jun 2 with 3605 viewsDorse

Latest bullshit from the72.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/06/01/3-ilias-chair-replacements-qpr-should-keep-in-min

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024