Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396439 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:54 - Sep 1 with 4048 viewsTK1

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:47 - Sep 1 by CateLeBonR

The same has been said before after losing our better players and we in fact improved. Not saying that would happen now but selling Chair might open a number of doors to us. Like giving Willock a new contract on better terms, if that’s what we want to do or by tying some of our younger prospects down to a longer contract. Like Sinclair Armstrong and increasing his future value in the process.

I think we need to get away from this constant living in fear of relegation. We could keep Chair and get relegated anyway and how much would he be worth then?

Agree with this. The sky was falling in when Freeman left - Chair became his replacement, which didn't seem likely at the time. There's loads of creative 10s at the club who aren't wingers, midfielders or forwards just like Chair isn't. It'll create space for one of them.

Freeman is also a free agent available on a short contract if anybody called Gareth Ainsworth is really worried that Willock, Taylor-Richards or Kolli couldn't step into the role.

(Doesn't sound from Dave Mc on X that this is a real transfer anyway at the moment, but a good distraction from work).
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:04 - Sep 1 with 3927 viewsjohnhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:54 - Sep 1 by TK1

Agree with this. The sky was falling in when Freeman left - Chair became his replacement, which didn't seem likely at the time. There's loads of creative 10s at the club who aren't wingers, midfielders or forwards just like Chair isn't. It'll create space for one of them.

Freeman is also a free agent available on a short contract if anybody called Gareth Ainsworth is really worried that Willock, Taylor-Richards or Kolli couldn't step into the role.

(Doesn't sound from Dave Mc on X that this is a real transfer anyway at the moment, but a good distraction from work).

You really think that Taylor Richards could fill the hole that losing Chair would leave? Or Kolli, an eighteen year old who’s come on and run around a lot for half an hour in a couple of games and scored a couple of Worldies against Peterborough under 18 reserves?
The only one who might be able to compensate would be Willock playing like he did a year ago but I would be very ( pleasantly) surprised if we see that level of performance from him again.
I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.
The way that a lot of our Championship rivals are strengthening their playing resources in this window I already had the feeling that playing them with our present squad would be like going to a gunfight armed with a penknife. If we lose Chair you can swap the penknife for a stick of rhubarb.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:06 - Sep 1 with 3906 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Every single person here has known that there could be interest in Chair this transfer window. Every single person here also has known it'd likely come late in the window. Dave Mac has been reporting that all summer- literally. Where would he get that from other than agents or the club?

IF we receive an acceptable offer today (whatever that might be) there is absolutely no reason for the club to have not already lined up a replacement, whether than be another 10, a winger, a striker, a central midfielder or a full back. Preferably, two or three of the above. They could be free transfers, transfers or loans but they could already be in motion right this second. What are they doing otherwise? Sat around twiddling thumbs hoping the phone doesn't ring?

If QPR don't have at least one transfer already lined up that's contingent on Chair leaving today it verges on malpractice. You can add Willock and Field to that same list by the way. Chair leaving at 9 o'clock tonight or later and QPR not bolstering the squad in reaction would be ridiculous and I don't believe for one second it'd happen.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 13:07]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:26 - Sep 1 with 3711 viewsPhildo

Just checking on here every couple of hours to see what the purple dildo of fate has brought us.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 17:31]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:47 - Sep 1 with 3484 viewsspencer

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:04 - Sep 1 by johnhoop

You really think that Taylor Richards could fill the hole that losing Chair would leave? Or Kolli, an eighteen year old who’s come on and run around a lot for half an hour in a couple of games and scored a couple of Worldies against Peterborough under 18 reserves?
The only one who might be able to compensate would be Willock playing like he did a year ago but I would be very ( pleasantly) surprised if we see that level of performance from him again.
I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.
The way that a lot of our Championship rivals are strengthening their playing resources in this window I already had the feeling that playing them with our present squad would be like going to a gunfight armed with a penknife. If we lose Chair you can swap the penknife for a stick of rhubarb.

Stick of Rhubarb !! , think you may need to re think that, Rhubarb is not cheap these days.

I agree . Have no idea who sanctioned the Taylor Richards deal, but they need a talking to
We are already heaping a lot of pressure on Sinclair Armstrong , Kolli looks a great prospect but we need to give the poor lad time.

If Chair were to depart and we had no replacement lined up , I feel questions should be asked .

I don't think Chair will go... but that's just based on me being a dreamer ..
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:54 - Sep 1 with 3401 viewsjohnhoop

Nothing to do with Rangers but the 12 month loan deal that Brighton have just secured from Barcelona for Ansu Fati could be a nightmare for commentators.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:00 - Sep 1 with 3320 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:54 - Sep 1 by johnhoop

Nothing to do with Rangers but the 12 month loan deal that Brighton have just secured from Barcelona for Ansu Fati could be a nightmare for commentators.

Those cnts have just drawn Ajax, Marseille and Athens in the Europa League as well.
I mean, can you imagine? I remember watching them play Scunthorpe (and lose) in the Third Division. I remember beating them at a chuffing athletics stadium. And now look at them. Amsterdam, Marseille and Athens. Fckk off will ya. Look forward to their round of 16 clash away to Jennifer Lawrence's Hot Tub. Bstrds.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:06 - Sep 1 with 3270 viewsCamberleyR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:47 - Sep 1 by spencer

Stick of Rhubarb !! , think you may need to re think that, Rhubarb is not cheap these days.

I agree . Have no idea who sanctioned the Taylor Richards deal, but they need a talking to
We are already heaping a lot of pressure on Sinclair Armstrong , Kolli looks a great prospect but we need to give the poor lad time.

If Chair were to depart and we had no replacement lined up , I feel questions should be asked .

I don't think Chair will go... but that's just based on me being a dreamer ..

If Chair goes and we get a decent fee, for a possible replacement I would be looking at Wimbledon's Ali Al-Hamadi. He's had a slow start so far this season but second half of last season was on fire for them with 10 in 19 for an ultimately relegated team. He also won their POTY award despite being there less than half a season.

Ainsworth also knows all about him as he signed him for Wycombe from Swansea.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:06 - Sep 1 with 3264 viewsconnell10

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:52 - Sep 1 by Northernr

I hope this turns out better than that Covid thread you started that time

Blimey mate so do I!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:11 - Sep 1 with 3179 viewstraininvain

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:00 - Sep 1 by Northernr

Those cnts have just drawn Ajax, Marseille and Athens in the Europa League as well.
I mean, can you imagine? I remember watching them play Scunthorpe (and lose) in the Third Division. I remember beating them at a chuffing athletics stadium. And now look at them. Amsterdam, Marseille and Athens. Fckk off will ya. Look forward to their round of 16 clash away to Jennifer Lawrence's Hot Tub. Bstrds.

Brighton season ticket holder at work is walking around with a permanent sh1t eating grin on his face. Couldn’t have picked three better European away trips.

He was there when they nearly got relegated out of the football league so fair play but it’s difficult to watch in the context what’s happening to our club.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:14 - Sep 1 with 3139 viewsAntti_Heinola

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:06 - Sep 1 by Padulas_Shampoo

Every single person here has known that there could be interest in Chair this transfer window. Every single person here also has known it'd likely come late in the window. Dave Mac has been reporting that all summer- literally. Where would he get that from other than agents or the club?

IF we receive an acceptable offer today (whatever that might be) there is absolutely no reason for the club to have not already lined up a replacement, whether than be another 10, a winger, a striker, a central midfielder or a full back. Preferably, two or three of the above. They could be free transfers, transfers or loans but they could already be in motion right this second. What are they doing otherwise? Sat around twiddling thumbs hoping the phone doesn't ring?

If QPR don't have at least one transfer already lined up that's contingent on Chair leaving today it verges on malpractice. You can add Willock and Field to that same list by the way. Chair leaving at 9 o'clock tonight or later and QPR not bolstering the squad in reaction would be ridiculous and I don't believe for one second it'd happen.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 13:07]

This is a great post, but i do think it’s another case of fans believing transfers are a bit easier than the reality.
What do you mean by ‘lined up’? In what world would a club agree to some sort of arrangement that may or may not happen depending on something else happening and then be happy enough to just sign it all off at 8pm on transfer deadline day? Are we supposed to have agreed personal trends with this player? What about a medical? Why wouldn’t a club, having noted you’re about to sell your most loveable player, suddenly decide to just double the price? I don’t doubt the club have targets, but equally if Chair went at any point now, it would be incredible if they managed to land a replacement in this sort of time frame. That’s my gut feeling. Equally, the club could have been in ongoing discussions with leicester for a few days and be engaging in similar discussions of their own elsewhere. Maybe that’s a more lol likely scenario? Maybe most of this post is nonsense, sorry Gino 😂

Bare bones.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:30 - Sep 1 with 2976 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:14 - Sep 1 by Antti_Heinola

This is a great post, but i do think it’s another case of fans believing transfers are a bit easier than the reality.
What do you mean by ‘lined up’? In what world would a club agree to some sort of arrangement that may or may not happen depending on something else happening and then be happy enough to just sign it all off at 8pm on transfer deadline day? Are we supposed to have agreed personal trends with this player? What about a medical? Why wouldn’t a club, having noted you’re about to sell your most loveable player, suddenly decide to just double the price? I don’t doubt the club have targets, but equally if Chair went at any point now, it would be incredible if they managed to land a replacement in this sort of time frame. That’s my gut feeling. Equally, the club could have been in ongoing discussions with leicester for a few days and be engaging in similar discussions of their own elsewhere. Maybe that’s a more lol likely scenario? Maybe most of this post is nonsense, sorry Gino 😂

I’m confused. Is it a great post or nonsense?

To answer your question… I don’t believe any transfer gets done in a number of minute or hours. I’d imagine they all take days at a minimum, which is the precise reason for my sentiment. I think we’ll have plenty of forewarn if any of our players are likely to leave so wheels should already be in motion with reactive deals.

You often hear of clubs agreeing to sell players but completion is dependent on a replacement being signed. If they’re waiting until Chair has signed a contract somewhere else this evening before picking the phone up and making enquiries they only have themselves to blame.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:37 - Sep 1 with 2893 viewsCateLeBonR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:14 - Sep 1 by Antti_Heinola

It’s a bit like ‘the chain’ when buying selling property. You’ve got the people selling the place that you want to move into. You’ve got the people selling their place who’s going to move into your place. You’ve got all the people beyond that. Everyone’s got their own legal advice and estate agent. If one person’s solicitor has a glass of wine too many at lunch or one persons removal van gets a flat tyre then everybody’s fcked.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:40 - Sep 1 with 2837 viewsDannyPaddox

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:26 - Sep 1 by Phildo

Just checking on here every couple of hours to see what the purple dildo of fate has brought us.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 17:31]

I’ll never now see the suffix .pdf and not think of this 😆
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:41 - Sep 1 with 2834 viewsHAYESBOY

We'll always have Matthew Rose............

Smells like a trout farm in here

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:43 - Sep 1 with 2810 viewspeterlund_dk

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:40 - Sep 1 by DannyPaddox

I’ll never now see the suffix .pdf and not think of this 😆

Usually you're more into jpeg'ing.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:45 - Sep 1 with 2766 viewsBrianWilson

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:47 - Sep 1 by CateLeBonR

The same has been said before after losing our better players and we in fact improved. Not saying that would happen now but selling Chair might open a number of doors to us. Like giving Willock a new contract on better terms, if that’s what we want to do or by tying some of our younger prospects down to a longer contract. Like Sinclair Armstrong and increasing his future value in the process.

I think we need to get away from this constant living in fear of relegation. We could keep Chair and get relegated anyway and how much would he be worth then?

Yeah, I think Taylor Richards could fit the bill but the problem is he would need to be treated almost like Adel with people covering for him defensively. We have to find a way to get something out of him with a 3 year deal.

I think Chair will improve and be worth more in the future. Sell on clause is important.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:46 - Sep 1 with 2743 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:37 - Sep 1 by CateLeBonR

It’s a bit like ‘the chain’ when buying selling property. You’ve got the people selling the place that you want to move into. You’ve got the people selling their place who’s going to move into your place. You’ve got all the people beyond that. Everyone’s got their own legal advice and estate agent. If one person’s solicitor has a glass of wine too many at lunch or one persons removal van gets a flat tyre then everybody’s fcked.

Exactly this.

Apparently Ten Haag and United are livid that Maguire didn’t go to West Ham as it’s held up other deals.
These deals are all well in motion before this pathetic day which I think Sky helped dream up to keep the meejah masses entertained. Much like ATC around bush airspace….. once one lands lots of others then have a pathway to land.

Then you have clubs fishing in the pond where we are swimming.
Zero interest to a spotty Korean kid so hardly any coverage but same principle sort of applies I reckon.

I’ll never understand how they can allow this transfer window nonsense to occur a month into the season and/or on the Eve of a round of fixtures

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:46 - Sep 1 with 2737 viewsQPRConor2000

Couple of transfer links going around.

Josh Knight - Did agree a £300k deal earlier in the window but deal collapsed, possible we go back in for him, can play in a number of positions across the defence.

Jamal Lowe - Was linked, deal agreed to go to Swansea on a short term loan until January.

Chris Martin - could return.

Terrence Kongolo - would be an interesting option, but we are already stacked with options in this area.

Can only sign unless we sell first, which atm isnt looking likely.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:47 - Sep 1 with 2718 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:11 - Sep 1 by traininvain

Brighton season ticket holder at work is walking around with a permanent sh1t eating grin on his face. Couldn’t have picked three better European away trips.

He was there when they nearly got relegated out of the football league so fair play but it’s difficult to watch in the context what’s happening to our club.

Its impossible to be angry at Brighton right now IMO they have captured magic in a bottle for the last couple of years .The hottest manager in years (Potter ) bailed to go destroy his rep at Chelsea yet they are playing better and more sucessfully right now under De Zerbi .
The 5 or 6 players they sold at stunning prices are easily replaced and will generate serious money when they are sold .
They are lovely to watch and easy to cheer for right now .However after watching their ass kicking from West Ham last weekend they might not find it as easy to stay in the top 6 this time around
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:50 - Sep 1 with 2664 viewsMonkey_Roots

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:50 - Sep 1 by connell10

Chair will remain seated.

You missed off the letter 'd'.

Chair will remain sedated, and will therefore be unable to say 'yes' to any deal.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:54 - Sep 1 with 2599 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:46 - Sep 1 by QPRConor2000

Couple of transfer links going around.

Josh Knight - Did agree a £300k deal earlier in the window but deal collapsed, possible we go back in for him, can play in a number of positions across the defence.

Jamal Lowe - Was linked, deal agreed to go to Swansea on a short term loan until January.

Chris Martin - could return.

Terrence Kongolo - would be an interesting option, but we are already stacked with options in this area.

Can only sign unless we sell first, which atm isnt looking likely.

Given the way that Knight deal collapsed last time if he still wants to come here then fair fcks he's more of the forgiving type than me.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:58 - Sep 1 with 2541 viewsCateLeBonR

Think we’re all turning into fccking Bluce cnnting Ree!
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:08 - Sep 1 with 2059 viewsbosh67

To be honest I think I’d be happy with a point away to Jennifer Lawrence’s hot tub.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:22 - Sep 1 with 1927 viewsQPRConor2000

Leicester out the race for Chair.

Leeds are looking at him apparently.

Two clubs looking at Willock.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024