Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396431 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:53 - Jun 2 with 5203 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:31 - Jun 2 by Dorse

Latest bullshit from the72.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/06/01/3-ilias-chair-replacements-qpr-should-keep-in-min

Does anyone know what the rules are for EU players these days coming and playing in the championship?

Brentford and Norwich both had success at bringing in European players by suspect that ship has now sailed.

We on the other hand were absolutely abysmal at signing decent players from abroad or was it that they were decent players but we just made them abysmal??
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 11:37]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:57 - Jun 2 with 5182 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:53 - Jun 2 by Gloucs_R

Does anyone know what the rules are for EU players these days coming and playing in the championship?

Brentford and Norwich both had success at bringing in European players by suspect that ship has now sailed.

We on the other hand were absolutely abysmal at signing decent players from abroad or was it that they were decent players but we just made them abysmal??

I don't pretend to understand much about it but t's now done on a points system, based on strength of leagues, strength of national teams and things like that. It's meant that some markets that had proved quite productive for EFL teams, like Poland and Denmark, are now much tougher. But it's also opened up markets elsewhere in the world that were previously difficult, particularly in Latin America. We've been scouting in Colombia, for instance.

Here's the official line...

Post Brexit, clubs will not be able to sign players freely from the EU. Players from EU countries who want to play in the Premier League or EFL will be required to gain a GBE, like all other overseas players without the right to work in the UK.

The GBE will operate a points-based system, where points are scored for senior and talented young players based on:
- Senior and youth international appearances
- Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in, league position and progression in continental competition
- Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes

Players accumulating the requisite amount of points will earn a GBE automatically, while players just below the threshold may be considered for a GBE by an Exceptions Panel.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:58 - Jun 2 with 5169 viewsAndybrat

Apparently Dykes refusing to sign a new contract, no surprise there
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:00 - Jun 2 with 5123 viewsstevec

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:58 - Jun 2 by Andybrat

Can I file this under the good news section?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:35 - Jun 2 with 4987 viewsswisscottage

To be fair at least he's not messed the club around a la BOS.

We should be able to get a couple of million for him.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:53 - Jun 2 with 4857 viewsSakura

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:53 - Jun 2 by Gloucs_R

1.2 million people migrated to the UK last year so I find it astonishing that we can have any trouble signing a professional footballer to a league as well funded as ours

I suppose though the government interest in; shipping in cheap labour to drive down the wages of the working class or to prop up house prices etc etc arent helped by this so I suppose it is bizarrely difficult to get a professional footballer in now
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:06 - Jun 2 with 4807 viewsQPROslo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:59 - Jun 1 by LazyFan

That fake account, I would guess, was set up by a PA employed by an agent who wants to drum up interest in their player. I bet you could even hire a company to do that for you so you can have total deniability and no IP tracking.

Even though we know it's all tosh about posh, but the agent can go back to the player and say to them...

"look keep me as your agent, I am about to get you that massive move. Have you not seen the web is buzzing with the news, it all over dik-dok!"

And stupid footballer believes it of course, as they want to believe it is true.

The thing about Rumours is that most of the time they ain't true and it's fake smoke which is why they are called rumours. Sometimes they even do this to put you off the real move and bump up the price to the real club who is in for the player.

One thing QPR did well with the Eze transfer is when WBA came in last min with the full monies (no add-ons) we still said no, as we knew Eze was set by then on Palace and we wanted to set the president for future transfers.
"Don't muck about or you will miss your chance and he will be sold elsewhere as we did with Eze".

QPR will ensure anyone who comes in for our players will be told that to their agents to then tell the buying club.
The Eze transfer is still giving in that way too.

Rumours? Fake news? I read on here before I think, that it was Newcastle who came in with the late improved offer for Eze?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:38 - Jun 2 with 4686 viewsslmrstid

When is Ched Evans' bus going to arrive? Been waiting about 15 years now!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 11:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:40 - Jun 2 with 4676 viewsGloucs_R

I'm looking forward to the outrage on Twitter from those, who for the past 3 years, have absolutely slated him.....

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:50 - Jun 2 with 4645 viewsThird_Division_South

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:57 - Jun 2 by Northernr

I don't pretend to understand much about it but t's now done on a points system, based on strength of leagues, strength of national teams and things like that. It's meant that some markets that had proved quite productive for EFL teams, like Poland and Denmark, are now much tougher. But it's also opened up markets elsewhere in the world that were previously difficult, particularly in Latin America. We've been scouting in Colombia, for instance.

Here's the official line...

Post Brexit, clubs will not be able to sign players freely from the EU. Players from EU countries who want to play in the Premier League or EFL will be required to gain a GBE, like all other overseas players without the right to work in the UK.

The GBE will operate a points-based system, where points are scored for senior and talented young players based on:
- Senior and youth international appearances
- Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in, league position and progression in continental competition
- Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes

Players accumulating the requisite amount of points will earn a GBE automatically, while players just below the threshold may be considered for a GBE by an Exceptions Panel.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Interesting this Colombian scouting. It was done before Ainsworths appointment so presumably any players signed will be the DOF and analyst’s pick rather than GA.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:57 - Jun 2 with 4611 viewsngbqpr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:38 - Jun 2 by slmrstid

Stuck in traffic behind Baggio's retro Fiat 500.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:02 - Jun 2 with 4583 viewsLanhoop

I think that was from Football League World which guarantees it's a load of guff.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:06 - Jun 2 with 4559 viewsR_from_afar

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:00 - Jun 2 by stevec

Can I file this under the good news section?

Is that because you want to increase your chances of getting a game up front for us, Steve?

I might have this wrong but with Lowe and Roberts only on loan and Martin on a short term contract, Dykes leaves us with one striker, one who has never scored for us, Armstrong.

That's not even toothless.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:40 - Jun 2 with 4406 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:50 - Jun 2 by Third_Division_South

Interesting this Colombian scouting. It was done before Ainsworths appointment so presumably any players signed will be the DOF and analyst’s pick rather than GA.

Apparently it's not scouting players but we've been talking to the cartels about selling wraps during match days. The thinking behind this is that if we are all as high as a kite we won't notice how poor the football is.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:10 - Jun 2 with 4241 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:40 - Jun 2 by Gloucs_R

Apparently it's not scouting players but we've been talking to the cartels about selling wraps during match days. The thinking behind this is that if we are all as high as a kite we won't notice how poor the football is.

Not a bad way to increase tickets sales though
Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:29 - Jun 2 with 3821 viewsderbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:53 - Jun 2 by Sakura

1.2 million people migrated to the UK last year so I find it astonishing that we can have any trouble signing a professional footballer to a league as well funded as ours

I suppose though the government interest in; shipping in cheap labour to drive down the wages of the working class or to prop up house prices etc etc arent helped by this so I suppose it is bizarrely difficult to get a professional footballer in now

It's not exactly a profession with acute labour shortages, is it?

Given the GBE rules I was surprised Ken Paal qualified.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:32 - Jun 2 with 3631 viewsSakura

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:29 - Jun 2 by derbyhoop

It's not exactly a profession with acute labour shortages, is it?

Given the GBE rules I was surprised Ken Paal qualified.

That 1.2 million aren't all moving here to cover acute labour shortages either

Maybe we should just game the system as well. Get the player we are scouting who doesn't have enough points to get his missus to sign up for a London uni and then he can come with her

No need to worry about "acute labour" shortages lol

If we want to extend the contract just get her to do a PHD
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:11 - Jun 2 with 3491 viewsThird_Division_South

Bristol City in discussions about signing Rob Dickie according to Football insider site.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:26 - Jun 2 with 3439 viewsjtuck

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:11 - Jun 2 by Third_Division_South

Bristol City in discussions about signing Rob Dickie according to Football insider site.

From that report on Dickie...

'He failed to score or assist for the side, but played a total of 3,211 minutes across the season and was a standout performer in a QPR defence that has largely struggled'.

Dickie as standout performer...yeah, standing out in all the wrong ways!

LAranger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:31 - Jun 2 with 3406 viewsGloucs_R

Some serious changes taking place if all of these players leave....

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:33 - Jun 2 with 3398 viewsArcticHoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:02 - Jun 2 by Lanhoop

I think that was from Football League World which guarantees it's a load of guff.

They also claim that Bristol C has made offer for Dickie
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:33 - Jun 2 with 3395 viewsjeffranger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:26 - Jun 2 by jtuck

From that report on Dickie...

'He failed to score or assist for the side, but played a total of 3,211 minutes across the season and was a standout performer in a QPR defence that has largely struggled'.

Dickie as standout performer...yeah, standing out in all the wrong ways!

He only performed in last 3/4 the rest he was bang average
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:35 - Jun 2 with 3384 viewsArcticHoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:33 - Jun 2 by ArcticHoop

They also claim that Bristol C has made offer for Dickie

sorry did not saw that there are few post agout that alreadt
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:41 - Jun 2 with 3340 viewsDannyPaddox

The QPR first XI used to have flair innuendo all over the pitch. Now we’ll just be left with the image of Dickie embedded in Bristols

… defence.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:31 - Jun 2 with 3094 viewsTW_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:38 - Jun 2 by slmrstid

Be careful what you wish for!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024