Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396450 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:13 - Jun 2 with 4874 viewsLowerloftLad

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:31 - Jun 2 by TW_R

Be careful what you wish for!

I for one don't mind as we are getting money for a bunch of player's who quite frankly after last season I don't really want to see play for QPR again anyway.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:18 - Jun 2 with 4834 viewsderbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:11 - Jun 2 by Third_Division_South

Bristol City in discussions about signing Rob Dickie according to Football insider site.

Didn't see that coming.
I can see us accepting a reasonable offer. 1-1.5m?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:28 - Jun 2 with 4777 viewsTonto

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-ready-to-sell-dickie-and-others-could-go

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:45 - Jun 2 with 4668 viewsbosh67

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:18 - Jun 2 by derbyhoop

Didn't see that coming.

We will make a loss on him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:22 - Jun 2 with 4504 viewsnumptydumpty

Can see Dickie leaving

Was definitely one of the boo boys favourites this season and yes up until last few games he was way below what he can be, he still turned up each week and particularly in Burnley away game was absolutely key in that result being achieved.

Not surprised if he left as I doubt he would wish to stay after the abuse he got from fans.

Dykes too, another one that turned up every week apart from when seriously unwell and still got pelters himself. He was not that bad to be fair, always put in a shift, and again would blame the move being wished for, because unfair treatment from fans.

Both Dickie and Dykes been decent servants for our club.

Again it's a case with both, be careful what you wish for.

Let's see who in as replacements.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 20:23]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:26 - Jun 2 with 4493 viewswesty

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:40 - Jun 2 by Gloucs_R

Apparently it's not scouting players but we've been talking to the cartels about selling wraps during match days. The thinking behind this is that if we are all as high as a kite we won't notice how poor the football is.

Apparently Big Mick ( Tom Davis) from The Curse is negotiating with the cartels as we speak
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:16 - Jun 2 with 4239 viewsdavman

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:22 - Jun 2 by numptydumpty

Can see Dickie leaving

Was definitely one of the boo boys favourites this season and yes up until last few games he was way below what he can be, he still turned up each week and particularly in Burnley away game was absolutely key in that result being achieved.

Not surprised if he left as I doubt he would wish to stay after the abuse he got from fans.

Dykes too, another one that turned up every week apart from when seriously unwell and still got pelters himself. He was not that bad to be fair, always put in a shift, and again would blame the move being wished for, because unfair treatment from fans.

The last sentence is the key one. Don't care how many of them leave as long as we get decent replacements. Watching Gubbins, Drewe, Niko, Kelman, Dozzell, Adomah and Johansen will be utterly soul destroying next season,

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:42 - Jun 2 with 4099 viewsVancouverHoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:16 - Jun 2 by davman

The last sentence is the key one. Don't care how many of them leave as long as we get decent replacements. Watching Gubbins, Drewe, Niko, Kelman, Dozzell, Adomah and Johansen will be utterly soul destroying next season,

Niko's gone hasn't he?
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:11 - Jun 2 with 3966 viewsQPRConor2000

No, he is under contract until next year, but suspect he will be gone too.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:35 - Jun 2 with 3887 viewsbosh67

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:16 - Jun 2 by davman

A bit unfair on Drewe and Gubbins.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:43 - Jun 2 with 3846 viewsDorse

Didn't see that coming.

Bristol based journos are talking about £1.8m. Seemed low at first till I realised he's in the final year of his contract (extensions notwithstanding)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:02 - Jun 2 with 3779 viewsvanrrrr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:35 - Jun 2 by bosh67

A bit unfair on Drewe and Gubbins.

Not seen Gubbins but watching Drewe a couple of times last year, not Championship standard by miles and not that young either- one to move on I think
Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:45 - Jun 2 with 3692 viewsNorthernr

Didn't see that coming.

I have mentioned a time or two that we’re tight on the FFP and if it’s not tied down it’ll be sold or released. But also, you know, optimism.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:49 - Jun 3 with 3417 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:11 - Jun 2 by QPRConor2000

No, he is under contract until next year, but suspect he will be gone too.

I suspect he'll turn up on our preseason tour.

Genuinely.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:50 - Jun 3 with 3416 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:02 - Jun 2 by vanrrrr

Not seen Gubbins but watching Drewe a couple of times last year, not Championship standard by miles and not that young either- one to move on I think

Agreed. Non league level. Harsh but true.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:54 - Jun 3 with 3411 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:45 - Jun 2 by Northernr

I have mentioned a time or two that we’re tight on the FFP and if it’s not tied down it’ll be sold or released. But also, you know, optimism.

Realistically..

Dieng
Chair
Willock
Dickie
Dykes
All likely to go?
Field too if a decent offer comes in.

Plus...
Martin gets a new contract
Niko find his way back into the preseason squad
Albert given a number at the age of 76
Cant wait for the season to get started 🙄

We're going to be a proper ragtag squad next year.
Doesn't look like Les or Hoos are going anywhere either.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:02 - Jun 3 with 3401 viewsdistortR

It's all coming together to fall apart, isn't it?
A swell of negativity about our finances, lack of vision, lack of youth prospects, disunity (fall-out's between players and between fans and players and, I imagine, manager(s) and players) and the spectre of GA's brand of football hovering over it all like a miasma. Better players reaching the end of their contracts and with reduced value after last seasons shit-show. And, why would anyone with a bit about them want to stay?
The Germans probably have the perfect compounded word for what we are experiencing. Kaput would no doubt feature somewhere.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:26 - Jun 3 with 3340 viewsdmm

Just read Hoos on the new EFL TV deal which comes into effect from the 24/25 season and is a 50% increase over the existing deal. https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/hoos-discusses-tv-deal-benefits/

This will be a boost to the club's income and managing the FFP threshold and hopefully means we have a bit more headroom for stuff like transfers. We're certainly going to need it for the squad rebuild.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:57 - Jun 3 with 3111 viewsozexile

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:26 - Jun 3 by dmm

Just read Hoos on the new EFL TV deal which comes into effect from the 24/25 season and is a 50% increase over the existing deal. https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/hoos-discusses-tv-deal-benefits/

This will be a boost to the club's income and managing the FFP threshold and hopefully means we have a bit more headroom for stuff like transfers. We're certainly going to need it for the squad rebuild.

Won't do us much good if we're out of the championship.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:22 - Jun 3 with 3002 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:22 - Jun 2 by numptydumpty

Can see Dickie leaving

Never understood why Dickie was so highly rated, he he zero pace, not aggressive enough and quiet as a church mouse, so I'd grab £1.8m for him. Has looked like a rabbit in the headlights for the past 18 months. I'm a bit old school when it comes to centre backs though, win the ball and take the man as well.

Dykes not so sure about. Certainly splits opinion on here.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:34 - Jun 3 with 2944 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Rather ironic that a development club like us ( ) are selling Dickie to an actual development club. Be interesting to see what happens to him when he's working with some proper coaches.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:36 - Jun 3 with 2947 viewsterryb

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:22 - Jun 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Never understood why Dickie was so highly rated, he he zero pace, not aggressive enough and quiet as a church mouse, so I'd grab £1.8m for him. Has looked like a rabbit in the headlights for the past 18 months. I'm a bit old school when it comes to centre backs though, win the ball and take the man as well.

Dykes not so sure about. Certainly splits opinion on here.

He has been highly rated because he scored in three games running at the start of his time with Rangers.

I would say that he looked a good defender for us at first, but never to the level that we would receive multi millions for.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:40 - Jun 3 with 2933 viewsSakura

Come on, be serious. you must see the difference between players in the last year of their contract going and "anything not tied down"

Using the example of Field. There is zero chance of him leaving unless it's a serious offer (which I can't see happening) because we have him for another year beyond this and the financial position isn't anywhere as close to what you suggest

Your use of the phrase “tight” around FFP but not referencing the actual number is part of the reason for the exaggerated negativity.

Just keep that context in mind. We need to make around £5m in savings assuming Eze plays for England next month. It's actually probably less than that for reasons explained already. You don’t dispute that

And Chair being sold this summer alone will likely clear the balance comfortably and then next year we have the 20/21 blow out removed from the figures and a big bump in sky money as well

I literally said in my earlier post, Chair, Willock, Dieng and possibly Dykes would be gone. I also thought Dickie would sign a new contract but since he isn't no surprise at all he is being sold. For financial as well as the team spirit reasons Ainsworth has such an emphasis on. Someone he isn't here beyond next season just won't care as much

Also for those sitting in C Club Dickie leaving is a bonus as you won't have to duck from his balls he tried to play up the line this year again. So there’s another positive for you
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:42 - Jun 3 with 2930 viewsterryb

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:45 - Jun 2 by bosh67

We will make a loss on him.

Overall yes, but it would be a profit in next years accounts as his asset value would have decreased by 75% (three out of four year contract completed).
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:41 - Jun 3 with 2740 viewsQPR_Jim

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:40 - Jun 3 by Sakura

Come on, be serious. you must see the difference between players in the last year of their contract going and "anything not tied down"

Using the example of Field. There is zero chance of him leaving unless it's a serious offer (which I can't see happening) because we have him for another year beyond this and the financial position isn't anywhere as close to what you suggest

Your use of the phrase “tight” around FFP but not referencing the actual number is part of the reason for the exaggerated negativity.

Just keep that context in mind. We need to make around £5m in savings assuming Eze plays for England next month. It's actually probably less than that for reasons explained already. You don’t dispute that

And Chair being sold this summer alone will likely clear the balance comfortably and then next year we have the 20/21 blow out removed from the figures and a big bump in sky money as well

I literally said in my earlier post, Chair, Willock, Dieng and possibly Dykes would be gone. I also thought Dickie would sign a new contract but since he isn't no surprise at all he is being sold. For financial as well as the team spirit reasons Ainsworth has such an emphasis on. Someone he isn't here beyond next season just won't care as much

Also for those sitting in C Club Dickie leaving is a bonus as you won't have to duck from his balls he tried to play up the line this year again. So there’s another positive for you

"assuming Eze plays for England next month" - Didn't Charlie Austin get called up and end up sitting on the bench for the games and not getting a cap? If I was forecasting for QPRs finances I'd put that at 70% probable. I don't know how much the cap will trigger but I wouldn't be expecting it to be more than £1m.

The players you've listed as being sold to solve our problems, I'm not sure if there's much money in those markets. They've all gone down in value this season with the exception of Chair but even he's not interesting premier league clubs. Willock has been poor since returning and has a recurring injury on his record, who's going to take a punt on him, nobody unless he's cheap. I get the impression that he has high wage expectations so I don't think anyone will come in for him. Chair great stats but probably only good enough for top championship club, they're not going to have massive budget to put a big transfer fee in and unlikely to be enough clubs interested to drive the price up. Dieng, concedes a lot each season so may not be attractive so won't start a bidding war either. Dyke's striker that doesn't score, same issue as Dieng.

You look at the playoff teams and I don't see any of those players getting into either team. Having said that, both those squads were put together on small budgets so it gives me hope that if we do manage to sell some players and have a small amount to invest we should be able to pick up some decent signings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024