Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 396480 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:45 - Jun 3 with 5724 viewsHunterhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:40 - Jun 3 by Sakura

Come on, be serious. you must see the difference between players in the last year of their contract going and "anything not tied down"

Using the example of Field. There is zero chance of him leaving unless it's a serious offer (which I can't see happening) because we have him for another year beyond this and the financial position isn't anywhere as close to what you suggest

Your use of the phrase “tight” around FFP but not referencing the actual number is part of the reason for the exaggerated negativity.

Just keep that context in mind. We need to make around £5m in savings assuming Eze plays for England next month. It's actually probably less than that for reasons explained already. You don’t dispute that

And Chair being sold this summer alone will likely clear the balance comfortably and then next year we have the 20/21 blow out removed from the figures and a big bump in sky money as well

I literally said in my earlier post, Chair, Willock, Dieng and possibly Dykes would be gone. I also thought Dickie would sign a new contract but since he isn't no surprise at all he is being sold. For financial as well as the team spirit reasons Ainsworth has such an emphasis on. Someone he isn't here beyond next season just won't care as much

Also for those sitting in C Club Dickie leaving is a bonus as you won't have to duck from his balls he tried to play up the line this year again. So there’s another positive for you

It’s at least 6m just to meet FFP, not 5m, as we went around the houses and SimonD proved. And that is IF we get £4m for Eze playing for England, which is conjecture. It’s a 10m improvement we need to see this season. Hopefully the TV money will help. Either way I doubt any wiggle room will be spent. It’ll be banked for the future rolling 3 year periods.

It’s doable but it involves selling several players. I don’t think Clive is wrong, he’s just using a little hyperbole with his words to make sure the message lands so expectations are managed (which is what the Board should be doing).

We can still be positive, but the positivity should be grounded in reality.

I think we’ll see some investment in the squad the following season to this next one. Some big contracts expire, and if we’ve made FFP this season, we’ll see the 24m loss of Warburton’s last season drop out, which will give us space. This coming season is the toughest one. Hoping we get good money for Chair/Willock.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:52 - Jun 3 with 5677 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:45 - Jun 3 by Hunterhoop

It’s at least 6m just to meet FFP, not 5m, as we went around the houses and SimonD proved. And that is IF we get £4m for Eze playing for England, which is conjecture. It’s a 10m improvement we need to see this season. Hopefully the TV money will help. Either way I doubt any wiggle room will be spent. It’ll be banked for the future rolling 3 year periods.

It’s doable but it involves selling several players. I don’t think Clive is wrong, he’s just using a little hyperbole with his words to make sure the message lands so expectations are managed (which is what the Board should be doing).

I think we’ll see some investment in the squad the following season to this next one. Some big contracts expire, and if we’ve made FFP this season, we’ll see the 24m loss of Warburton’s last season drop out, which will give us space. This coming season is the toughest one. Hoping we get good money for Chair/Willock.

Another problem is the £4m Eze sale season drops out of the three year cycle before the Warburton overspend season does. We'll have the bad without the offset. Need a big sale like that at least once every three seasons and we haven't had it.

Additionally, I'm seeing a lot of "last year of his contract" stuff around. Every player we've signed under this Ferdinand/Hoos regime has had an extra year option on the club's side. I'd be amazed if Dickie and Dykes don't have the same but we tend to only find that out for sure late on.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:58 - Jun 3 with 5643 viewstraininvain

Interesting that a Championship club with an experienced manager want to sign Dickie. He was very poor last season but we can only assume that Pearson thinks it was a drop in form that can be rectified under good management.

It also suggests that perhaps the view in the wider football world is that we’re a bit of a basket case of a club and not to judge last season’s individual player performances too harshly. If so I suspect we’ll also get interest/bidding on the likes of Chair, Dykes, Dieng etc.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:25 - Jun 3 with 5537 viewsAndybrat

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:58 - Jun 3 by traininvain

Interesting that a Championship club with an experienced manager want to sign Dickie. He was very poor last season but we can only assume that Pearson thinks it was a drop in form that can be rectified under good management.

It also suggests that perhaps the view in the wider football world is that we’re a bit of a basket case of a club and not to judge last season’s individual player performances too harshly. If so I suspect we’ll also get interest/bidding on the likes of Chair, Dykes, Dieng etc.

Agree, which makes last season even more frustrating ( if possible). I am another mad positive person hoping that GA knows players the others didn’t as he was always fishing in a different pond. Taylor Richards becomes even more important, hope he has been taught how to tie his laces. Thinking proven league 1 players have to be better than puppy farm boys. Listened to Open all Rs podcast last night, survival seems to best outcome next season. Just have this funny feeling though we may hit the heights of mid table. Is Lewis Wing any good?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:33 - Jun 3 with 5328 viewsSakura

£10m savings needed comes down to £6m due to Eze add ons we can agree on (any appearance and goal requirements have no doubt been triggered now- he was their top scorer ffs with 10 goals after getting 5 last year so they must have been by now)

Simon D said he wasn’t counting the Dieng and Chair world cup money. So that brings it down to £5.5m. Even if we take a very pessimistic approach that the manager swap process was a break even and then again suggest they haven’t reduced the wage bill at all from our Warburton blow out season. Again seems unlikely. Then we can all agree we are talking about £5.5m of savings needed (in a worst case scenario and its probably in fact lower than that)

It obviously isn’t based in any sort of reality to say that we need to sell anything that isn’t tied down to a £5.5m savings. As seems now certain; Dieng, Chair, Willock, Dykes, and Dickie are all leaving this summer. Chair will get us passed that £5.5m on his own and the rest combined will also as well. (Probably around £4m of wages a year between those 5 as well at a low estimate- so as long as replacements are cheaper thats further savings there if needed- although fees mean they prob wont need to be lower wage replacements)

So it just so obviously isn’t true that players who are here with a contract beyond this coming season we wont be pressured into accepting stupidly low money for. Because when you look at the actual numbers.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 12:46]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:43 - Jun 3 with 5292 viewsSakura

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:52 - Jun 3 by Northernr

Another problem is the £4m Eze sale season drops out of the three year cycle before the Warburton overspend season does. We'll have the bad without the offset. Need a big sale like that at least once every three seasons and we haven't had it.

Additionally, I'm seeing a lot of "last year of his contract" stuff around. Every player we've signed under this Ferdinand/Hoos regime has had an extra year option on the club's side. I'd be amazed if Dickie and Dykes don't have the same but we tend to only find that out for sure late on.

Not at all sure what you mean here.

How can that possibly be true that the £4m of Eze add ons will drop out before the Warburton blow out does? The Eze upfront fee came in the Covid affected year 20/21 where we lost £4.1m are you suggesting that we also triggered the £4m of add ons in that season and it has already been paid? That doesn’t seem right at all if so as it wouldn’t have been automatically accounted for as like the England appearance it isn’t guaranteed.

So least part of that £4m add ons is going to arrive this month if he plays Eze England. Are you saying any goals and appearances triggers were met in his first season and have already been paid? Otherwise it makes no sense and even if it was we know it wasnt the full £4m due to the England cap part.

As for the last year of contract part. West London Sport have been public about us having that for Willock and triggered and coming up end of this coming season having that option for Dunne and Field. But no suggestion Dickie or Dykes have that. If they had seems strange that West London Sport would report it for some and not the others. Again seems you are talking the most negative viewpoint automatically despite alternative evidence
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:00 - Jun 3 with 5229 viewsQPROslo

Is there anything to suggest TV income will help this upcoming 23/24 season? Likely we'll be on TV less unless unexpectedly we do better than early last season. The new deal which Hoos says will increase revenues to the EFL by 50% doesn't come until the season after 24/25 unfortunately.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:02 - Jun 3 with 5219 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:43 - Jun 3 by Sakura

How can that possibly be true that the £4m of Eze add ons will drop out before the Warburton blow out does? The Eze upfront fee came in the Covid affected year 20/21 where we lost £4.1m are you suggesting that we also triggered the £4m of add ons in that season and it has already been paid? That doesn’t seem right at all if so as it wouldn’t have been automatically accounted for as like the England appearance it isn’t guaranteed.

So least part of that £4m add ons is going to arrive this month if he plays Eze England. Are you saying any goals and appearances triggers were met in his first season and have already been paid? Otherwise it makes no sense and even if it was we know it wasnt the full £4m due to the England cap part.

As for the last year of contract part. West London Sport have been public about us having that for Willock and triggered and coming up end of this coming season having that option for Dunne and Field. But no suggestion Dickie or Dykes have that. If they had seems strange that West London Sport would report it for some and not the others. Again seems you are talking the most negative viewpoint automatically despite alternative evidence

I'm determined not to get into this with you. You have your very set viewpoint and won't be swayed so there's little point. You're accusing others of operating without figures while you present facts, you were presented with the figures by Simon Dorset, you admitted you hadn't even read it and then dismissed it anyway. We'll only find out whether you're right or not in time so again little point in trading blow for blow for months on end.

But I will clarify when you, as ever, misrepresent what I've said so on that...

1 - I'm not talking about the £4m Eze add ons. Though, incidentally, all of your calculations are based around these already being paid, which we don't know. There might be a payment for Palace qualifying for Europe which they haven't done, a payment for them finishing in the top half which they haven't done, a payment for an England cap which he hasn't got but might be about to. There's a lot of ifs, buts, unknowns and maybes which you're just taking as a guaranteed payment and saying "we can all agree on it", well no we can't actually.

But, anyway, I'm talking about the season where we declared a £4m loss, because of the Eze sale, winding out of the 3 year reporting period before the Warburton excess season does. So for a while we'll have the £24m loss on the books, without the good £4m loss season to negate it. This is where and why it gets tight, until the £24m loss rolls out itself, and without another significant sale which again we haven't had yet. Hunter has explained well why this next 18 months becomes really difficult because of that. Eze sale gave us loads of headroom, but that's rolling out. Warburton excess season chewed into a lot of headroom, that stays on a year longer. = Tight.

2 - Surely me saying "those players might well have an extra year option in their deal", based on every other contract Hoos and Ferdinand have done since they've been running the show, is me taking a positive viewpoint based on evidence, not the other way around? If they have got a year option that's a good, positive thing that I'm suggesting, and it's based on every other contract this exec team have done. Might be wrong, I'll try and find out next time I'm in shouting distance, but it's me being optimistic despite your tired narrative that I'm some sort of doom monger who just enjoys revelling around in the idea that the football club I love is in for some tricky times.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:04 - Jun 3 with 5202 viewsLazyFan

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:52 - Jun 3 by Northernr

I think we went through contracts before and someone said they were tracking these and Dykes does not have the +1 option. He's defo in his last year with no option. He needs to be sold and fast before it all goes BoS again.

Also on Eze, I think after the Florien Balogan situation Southgate will play Eze from the bench just to cap him and avoid any criticism. As he's called him into the squad and then if he did not play him and he went on to play for Nigeria instead then the press would be attacking Southgate and Southgate likes to play it safe with the media skanks. Expect a 10 min appearance once England have locked up one of the matches. Malta I would say on the 16th as North Macs could be tricky as Italy found out.

There is a big chance we will get that Eze add-on money. Fingers crossed.

I would sell Dickie, he's not quick enough and with Wildthing he won't be allowed to come out of defence and play it and he does not score from corners enough and Dunne is a better player. If we can get £1.5m for a player in the last year of his contract we should do it.

We can buy another defender for £750K from the lower leagues and then have £750k left over for cutting that bill. This will give us two CB and the new glass man JCS as backup, along with Kakay as 4th backup should as we expect he signs a new contract.

We need to sort out a 1st choice RB and the usual mythical CF pronto, along with replacing what we are about to sell off, of course.

zzzzzzzzzz

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:13 - Jun 3 with 5157 viewsstevec

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:00 - Jun 3 by QPROslo

Is there anything to suggest TV income will help this upcoming 23/24 season? Likely we'll be on TV less unless unexpectedly we do better than early last season. The new deal which Hoos says will increase revenues to the EFL by 50% doesn't come until the season after 24/25 unfortunately.

Correct. That is one of the reasons, if we are running as financially tight as it sounds, we might have been better dropping a division this season rather than next.

The way it’s set up, FFP wouldn’t be the problem any more if we were in League One. Likewise, FFP not a problem in the Premier. It’s only a problem floundering about in the Championship.

There’s little hope rebuilding this season at this level, a greater chance of dropping down and missing out on the increased TV income of 24/25. And if the Championship gets a revised FFP module alongside the TV income increase, relegation this season would cause quite a gulf between the two middle divisions.

Hopefully Les has got a new trick up his sleeve.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:18 - Jun 3 with 5146 viewsSimonD

According to Wikipedia, Eze has made 85 league appearances for Palace and scored 15 goals. I seriously doubt that, along with his potential England debut, is going to realise all £4m of the transfer add-ons. I’d expect an England cap to trigger some payment, and maybe 100 appearances to trigger some more, but would not expect those two combined to be more than half.

This was not an oversight in my article as has been suggested because it is all pure conjecture and an England cap looked miles away at that time.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:34 - Jun 3 with 5067 viewsAntti_Heinola

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:18 - Jun 3 by SimonD

According to Wikipedia, Eze has made 85 league appearances for Palace and scored 15 goals. I seriously doubt that, along with his potential England debut, is going to realise all £4m of the transfer add-ons. I’d expect an England cap to trigger some payment, and maybe 100 appearances to trigger some more, but would not expect those two combined to be more than half.

This was not an oversight in my article as has been suggested because it is all pure conjecture and an England cap looked miles away at that time.

Eh?
An England cap has been inevitable for years mate. It hasn’t been miles away since he’s debut

Bare bones.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:00 - Jun 3 with 4925 viewsQPR_Jim

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:34 - Jun 3 by Antti_Heinola

Eh?
An England cap has been inevitable for years mate. It hasn’t been miles away since he’s debut

Simon wrote that article when Viera was manager of Crystal Palace and Eze was glued to the bench, so I think it's fair to say that the England cap was miles away. He was certainly further away (in march 2023) from getting a cap than he was when he got injured when he was on the cusp of a call up.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:40 - Jun 3 with 4429 viewsAntti_Heinola

Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:00 - Jun 3 by QPR_Jim

Simon wrote that article when Viera was manager of Crystal Palace and Eze was glued to the bench, so I think it's fair to say that the England cap was miles away. He was certainly further away (in march 2023) from getting a cap than he was when he got injured when he was on the cusp of a call up.

Nope.

Bare bones.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:41 - Jun 3 with 4425 viewshantssi

Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:33 - Jun 3 by Sakura

£10m savings needed comes down to £6m due to Eze add ons we can agree on (any appearance and goal requirements have no doubt been triggered now- he was their top scorer ffs with 10 goals after getting 5 last year so they must have been by now)

Simon D said he wasn’t counting the Dieng and Chair world cup money. So that brings it down to £5.5m. Even if we take a very pessimistic approach that the manager swap process was a break even and then again suggest they haven’t reduced the wage bill at all from our Warburton blow out season. Again seems unlikely. Then we can all agree we are talking about £5.5m of savings needed (in a worst case scenario and its probably in fact lower than that)

It obviously isn’t based in any sort of reality to say that we need to sell anything that isn’t tied down to a £5.5m savings. As seems now certain; Dieng, Chair, Willock, Dykes, and Dickie are all leaving this summer. Chair will get us passed that £5.5m on his own and the rest combined will also as well. (Probably around £4m of wages a year between those 5 as well at a low estimate- so as long as replacements are cheaper thats further savings there if needed- although fees mean they prob wont need to be lower wage replacements)

So it just so obviously isn’t true that players who are here with a contract beyond this coming season we wont be pressured into accepting stupidly low money for. Because when you look at the actual numbers.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 12:46]

Doubt very much we’ll get that much for Chair.
He’s played in a team that’s JUST avoided relegation and prices have dropped dramatically for teams like us!
Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:07 - Jun 3 with 4225 viewsDorse

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:41 - Jun 3 by hantssi

He’s played in a team that’s JUST avoided relegation and prices have dropped dramatically for teams like us!

We'll get £9.50, in real money, a token for a free Chinese burn and 15% off midweek appointments at Dr Phineas O'Grady's Back, Sack 'n' Crack Emporium.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:52 - Jun 3 with 4092 viewsCateLeBonR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:41 - Jun 3 by hantssi

"Teams like us"

You mean Millwall basically.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:54 - Jun 3 with 3853 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I have to admire your optimistic posts, but I think you're in for a shock come September. Every player is up for sale as we are a busted flush for the next 18 months. There is a big fat ZERO money to spend.

The best outcome next season is to finish 4th bottom so we get the additional TV money the season after, but I wouldn't put my house on us achieving it.
We are up that creek and we definitely dont have any paddles.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:22 - Jun 3 with 3771 viewsLblock

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:02 - Jun 3 by Northernr

I'm determined not to get into this with you. You have your very set viewpoint and won't be swayed so there's little point. You're accusing others of operating without figures while you present facts, you were presented with the figures by Simon Dorset, you admitted you hadn't even read it and then dismissed it anyway. We'll only find out whether you're right or not in time so again little point in trading blow for blow for months on end.

But I will clarify when you, as ever, misrepresent what I've said so on that...

1 - I'm not talking about the £4m Eze add ons. Though, incidentally, all of your calculations are based around these already being paid, which we don't know. There might be a payment for Palace qualifying for Europe which they haven't done, a payment for them finishing in the top half which they haven't done, a payment for an England cap which he hasn't got but might be about to. There's a lot of ifs, buts, unknowns and maybes which you're just taking as a guaranteed payment and saying "we can all agree on it", well no we can't actually.

But, anyway, I'm talking about the season where we declared a £4m loss, because of the Eze sale, winding out of the 3 year reporting period before the Warburton excess season does. So for a while we'll have the £24m loss on the books, without the good £4m loss season to negate it. This is where and why it gets tight, until the £24m loss rolls out itself, and without another significant sale which again we haven't had yet. Hunter has explained well why this next 18 months becomes really difficult because of that. Eze sale gave us loads of headroom, but that's rolling out. Warburton excess season chewed into a lot of headroom, that stays on a year longer. = Tight.

2 - Surely me saying "those players might well have an extra year option in their deal", based on every other contract Hoos and Ferdinand have done since they've been running the show, is me taking a positive viewpoint based on evidence, not the other way around? If they have got a year option that's a good, positive thing that I'm suggesting, and it's based on every other contract this exec team have done. Might be wrong, I'll try and find out next time I'm in shouting distance, but it's me being optimistic despite your tired narrative that I'm some sort of doom monger who just enjoys revelling around in the idea that the football club I love is in for some tricky times.

Well put and cracks the nut with a 9lb sledgehammer

This poster makes noise then doesn't answer once it's set out clinically

Basically put........ we're fooked

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:46 - Jun 3 with 3685 viewsQPRConor2000

weve got to remember that the owners put 2m in a month to keep the club afloat, so we need to ether cut the wage bill by 2 million a month or rely off player sales to break even or be in profit.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:50 - Jun 3 with 3669 viewsCateLeBonR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:46 - Jun 3 by QPRConor2000

weve got to remember that the owners put 2m in a month to keep the club afloat, so we need to ether cut the wage bill by 2 million a month or rely off player sales to break even or be in profit.

Agreed but I think we need to grow our income more than cut costs at this point. Apparently our income will increase quite soon with the new sky deal. As long as we don’t spunk it all on crap players again we should be alright.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:43 - Jun 3 with 3468 viewsderbyhoop

What on earth makes you think we stand to gain £4m from Eze add ons. If its half that, I'd be surprised.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:15 - Jun 4 with 2832 viewsMaggsinho

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:43 - Jun 3 by derbyhoop

What on earth makes you think we stand to gain £4m from Eze add ons. If its half that, I'd be surprised.

We’re due 20% of any fee Palace get aren’t we?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:45 - Jun 4 with 2747 viewsderbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:15 - Jun 4 by Maggsinho

We’re due 20% of any fee Palace get aren’t we?

IF Palace sell him on?
For a profit?

We may be entitled to some money if he gets an England cap. I haven't got access to the details but I'd be surprised if it were > £1m

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:05 - Jun 4 with 2677 viewsDorse

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-ready-to-sell-dickie-and-others-could-go

WLS: 'Dickie was unhappy at Rangers last season...'

Yeah, him and about 15000 R's every week.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024