Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell & Kakay 12:03 - May 11 with 13342 viewsCamberleyR

Have made the worst Championship XI of the season...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dozzell & Kakay on 10:29 - May 12 with 2712 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dozzell & Kakay on 18:54 - May 11 by HammersmithR

I think Kakay is absolutely garbage. Have seen enough of him to know he is not Championship quality. Dozzell is another powder puff of a player. Ipswich saw us coming with him. Not surprised theyā€™re in this list. If Kakay is our number one right back next season we will down the bottom for the whole season. Stealing a living from our club.

It's not your club.
And he's not stealing a living. What a horrible phrase.

Bare bones.

Dozzell & Kakay on 10:46 - May 12 with 2660 viewsPhilmyRs

I think people have been a bit sensitive to this list. There are similar things in other professions, I believe the film industry hands out awards to those that have appeared in a sh*t film? You just need to read theatre reviews, trip advisor reviews, food critic reviews to know people can be very harsh on others. Where Football is obviously different is that itā€™s the number one sport in the world, with millions watching and playing it, judging you all the time. You can bet thousands on a football match with so much money in the game, betting companies, Analysts, social media people all getting a living either directly or indirectly from football. Is it any surprise you get this sort of stuff? Sadly, players, to succeed, will need to have thick enough skin to take this sort of thing. There is a line that can be crossed, but surely a stats based list of the worst performing players isn't it?

Also, donā€™t think we can say that things are worse now than previous eras, feels very selective there. Do you not think if given the same social media tools similar things would have happened in years gone by? I remember some of the horrendous abuse aimed at players like Jason Lee and Luke Chadwick, just because of the way they looked, openly being mocked on mainstream TV. What weā€™re looking at here is a compiled list of players that were deemed to have performed poorly based on stats, not a ā€˜ugliest Championship 11ā€™ which of course is a lot more unnecessary and would understandably be very upsetting for a young player to read. Kakay doesnā€™t deserve to be on this list, Dozzel does, sure the players will get over it.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 10:47]
Dozzell & Kakay on 13:21 - May 12 with 2556 viewsMatch82

Dozzell & Kakay on 08:25 - May 12 by Lblock

Not looking for an internet spat neither.......

Physical abuse not mentioned so I'll set that aside.

Being tough mentally does not mean you are immune to mental abuse.
My point was I feel it's all too easy these days to suddenly throw your hands up and claim you're being picked on or people given too much slack. I say again -- if you enter an arena that is high pressure then deal with it and take the rewards; if you can't deal with it then leave and find less pressure elsewhere.
I've not advocated mental abuse anywhere.

I was pretty tough mentally (never physically!!) until a couple of years back. Now, as I get older and mellow, I'm nowhere near it and I will be leaving behind some pretty tough day to day challenges as soon as possible. I'll look back and say "blimey that career had me washed up in my early 50's but it was worth it for what it gave me (health willing)"

It's all relative though -- I have no idea how Bomb Disposal experts, surgeons, ATC's etc manage to do what they do; by Christ they must be mentally tough!!

Appreciate the considered response and wasnt suggesting that you personally condone any of those actions.

Like anything this is open to abuse, give people an inch and some people will take a mile. I just feel for the kids that may not be mentally tough but dreamed of being a footballer all their lives. Imagine getting to the point where you've put in a decade of hard work and training and you actually have the talent to make it as a professional, five minutes after stepping out onto the pitch you realize your dream job actually involves not only the opposition but a chunk of people who are meant to be your "supporters" giving you pelters on the pitch and then spending the whole week reading about all your flaws. Must be heart breaking. I wouldn't personally give up my dream job for that but it certainly takes the shine off.

I'm also probably living in a "wouldn't it be nice if everyone was nice" bubble.
Dozzell & Kakay on 14:02 - May 12 with 2444 viewsSheffieldHoop

Dozzell & Kakay on 10:29 - May 12 by Antti_Heinola

It's not your club.

Surely you work with at least 1 person who you think, to some degree, is "stealing a living" - Strikes me that every workplace has at least 1.

If not, can I have the number of your recruitment manager? They sound amazing.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:08 - May 12 with 2466 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell... yeh, leave that one there for now.

Kakay seems to get a lot of column/message board inches for somebody who is, and will surely only ever be, our reserve right back. But then I don't mind him as much as some.
Dozzell & Kakay on 14:24 - May 12 with 2439 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:02 - May 12 by SheffieldHoop

Surely you work with at least 1 person who you think, to some degree, is "stealing a living" - Strikes me that every workplace has at least 1.

If not, can I have the number of your recruitment manager? They sound amazing.

'Stealing a living?' - not really. Some people not brilliant, some people a bit slow etc etc. But 'stealing a living' implies doing absolutely nothing at all, and doing that nothing slyly to fool people. Ossie Kakay trains every day, works hard by all accounts, does stuff in local community, plays when selected. How the fk is that 'stealing' anything? I get accused of being a bit high-minded on here (fairly) but the idea of someone who's never met Ossie, doesn't know him, accusing him of that seems the height of arrogance and ignorance simultaneously to me.

Bare bones.

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:44 - May 12 with 2385 viewsSheffieldHoop

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:24 - May 12 by Antti_Heinola

'Stealing a living?' - not really. Some people not brilliant, some people a bit slow etc etc. But 'stealing a living' implies doing absolutely nothing at all, and doing that nothing slyly to fool people. Ossie Kakay trains every day, works hard by all accounts, does stuff in local community, plays when selected. How the fk is that 'stealing' anything? I get accused of being a bit high-minded on here (fairly) but the idea of someone who's never met Ossie, doesn't know him, accusing him of that seems the height of arrogance and ignorance simultaneously to me.

But in order to steal a living you must first go out and steal it - So "Stealing a living" does not equal "Doing nothing at all"

For me, anybody under-delivering is to some extent "stealing a living" as they are not delivering the work/results that they are being paid to deliver.

Quite a few current QPR players can fairly be described as stealing a living. But I agree Ozzy isn't one of them.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:49 - May 12 with 2415 viewsLordPork

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:26 - May 11 by Wegerles_Stairs

I'm surprised Dozzell can even make a worst XI. How can they tell?????

"Very funny Mr Jones, very funny"
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:52 - May 12 with 2402 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:08 - May 12 by Northernr

Dozzell... yeh, leave that one there for now.

Kakay seems to get a lot of column/message board inches for somebody who is, and will surely only ever be, our reserve right back. But then I don't mind him as much as some.

Heā€™s a perfectly ok squad player if heā€™s happy to have that role on the wages that role commands. Donā€™t get the hate for him.

Iā€™m probably completely wrong but I still think he could be coached to play on the right of a back three should we play that way given the chronic lack of pace in the defence for years.
Dozzell & Kakay on 14:54 - May 12 with 2395 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:52 - May 12 by Watford_Ranger

Heā€™s a perfectly ok squad player if heā€™s happy to have that role on the wages that role commands. Donā€™t get the hate for him.

Iā€™m probably completely wrong but I still think he could be coached to play on the right of a back three should we play that way given the chronic lack of pace in the defence for years.

I've thought he looked quite good there in the past when used, but his defence has been so dire when used this season I'm not sure any more.

Anyway, like you say, cheap squad player who, unlike the Owens/Shodipo types, is at least good enough to step in there for 10-15 games a season which is fine (unless he's actually on big money in which case not fine at all).
Dozzell & Kakay on 14:59 - May 12 with 2365 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:54 - May 12 by Northernr

I've thought he looked quite good there in the past when used, but his defence has been so dire when used this season I'm not sure any more.

Anyway, like you say, cheap squad player who, unlike the Owens/Shodipo types, is at least good enough to step in there for 10-15 games a season which is fine (unless he's actually on big money in which case not fine at all).

He lives in a pretty modest flat round the corner from me so unless heā€™s prudently saving his dough I doubt it.
Dozzell & Kakay on 18:59 - May 12 with 2122 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dozzell & Kakay on 15:39 - May 11 by baz_qpr

These are based on the Whoscored average ratings which in turn are based on their stats. Tackles, pass completion, interceptions, headers won etc.

They are quite detailed.

I think we will probably see Chair and Field in the best team based on the same ratings.

Appreciate its perception but Kakay and Dozzell were regularly scoring the lowest marks in the team on this and other rating systems

Enough said.

I have nothing against Dozzell and was hoping he would kick on this season, but his contribution in the games he has played has been negligible. Apart from having a decent left foot, I struggle to see any other attribute he possesses.

As for the verbal abuse, it obviously wonā€™t do him or anyone else any favours whatsoever. We have our right to criticise and praise in equal measure, but there is a line that should not be crossed.
Dozzell & Kakay on 19:09 - May 12 with 2102 viewsjoe90

Apparently this is Andre Dozzell. My theory is he died in Germany and the club hired an actor to replace him. Internet conspiracy 101ā€¦or have I actually uncovered a dark story?

Edit: In sick twist of irony even a video of Dozzell wonā€™t play.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 16:36]
Dozzell & Kakay on 19:27 - May 12 with 2086 viewsjoe90

I have been critical of Dozzell due to his complete lack of impact. Mangers insist on playing him, is that because they see something we donā€™t or they donā€™t have any other choice?

I donā€™t want to be too harsh about him but when he came on during the Bristol game his performance embodied the hopelessness and disappointment of this season.

**Controversial Opinion Alert** I actually think Kakay is much improved and looks okay going forward. Definitely not a graft dodger and could massively improve with good coaching.

I donā€™t think either of them were the problem this season.
Dozzell & Kakay on 15:45 - May 14 with 1828 viewsSuperhoops2808

Apparently Patrick Bamford receiving death threats after missing penalty yesterday via online methods

I suppose there are people within this thread that feel that's acceptable 'poor him and perhaps he should try to be better' or 'water of a ducks back to him' or 'snowflakes'.

I am interested to know at what point this becomes unacceptable??
Dozzell & Kakay on 17:45 - May 14 with 1670 viewsLblock

Dozzell & Kakay on 15:45 - May 14 by Superhoops2808

Apparently Patrick Bamford receiving death threats after missing penalty yesterday via online methods

I suppose there are people within this thread that feel that's acceptable 'poor him and perhaps he should try to be better' or 'water of a ducks back to him' or 'snowflakes'.

Sanctimonious Button Pressed!!!

Now hereā€™s the thingā€¦.. ā€œon lineā€ā€¦. Iā€™ve never owned an on line device that hasnā€™t got an off button.
Other filters exist ā€“ why even on this very medium thereā€™s an ignore function

Hope that helps

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dozzell & Kakay on 19:37 - May 14 with 1572 viewsHammersmithR

Dozzell & Kakay on 10:29 - May 12 by Antti_Heinola

It's not your club.

I used the phrase ā€˜ourā€™ club which it is. He is stealing a living. He must be on 5k a week at least. He is garbage. He won the lottery with Hammalainen when Les gave them a 4 year contract. Look at his record for us when he has started a game. You can count our victories on 1 hand. He has 1 year left on his contract. He is pony and if he is earning over 250k a year from us he is stealing a living. When he gets released next summer never in a million years will he ever be at the Championship level in his life again. Iā€™m sure heā€™s a nice bloke, but heā€™s not good enough for our level of football.
Dozzell & Kakay on 19:42 - May 14 with 1554 viewsBushRanger82

And the rest of our lot, didn't?

Dozzell & Kakay on 19:46 - May 14 with 1542 viewsBoston

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:24 - May 12 by Antti_Heinola

That's how the abuse goes at Loftus Rd, from Aussie to Ossie. They'll get over it or go down under it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dozzell & Kakay on 08:55 - May 15 with 1367 viewsNortholt_Rs

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:06 - May 11 by stevec

Thatā€™ll probably be the DOFs summer wish list.

Well, heā€™s been involved with 3 out of the 11 are alreadyā€¦.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Dozzell & Kakay on 08:57 - May 15 with 1350 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dozzell & Kakay on 19:37 - May 14 by HammersmithR

I used the phrase ā€˜ourā€™ club which it is. He is stealing a living. He must be on 5k a week at least. He is garbage. He won the lottery with Hammalainen when Les gave them a 4 year contract. Look at his record for us when he has started a game. You can count our victories on 1 hand. He has 1 year left on his contract. He is pony and if he is earning over 250k a year from us he is stealing a living. When he gets released next summer never in a million years will he ever be at the Championship level in his life again. Iā€™m sure heā€™s a nice bloke, but heā€™s not good enough for our level of football.

I'm not sure...
Stealing implies something dishonest to my ears.
Kakay's no Cafu but he's a good pro who is completely honest.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dozzell & Kakay on 09:33 - May 15 with 1273 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dozzell & Kakay on 17:45 - May 14 by Lblock

Sanctimonious Button Pressed!!!

Now hereā€™s the thingā€¦.. ā€œon lineā€ā€¦. Iā€™ve never owned an on line device that hasnā€™t got an off button.
Other filters exist ā€“ why even on this very medium thereā€™s an ignore function

Hope that helps

So at which point does abuse become unacceptable?

The grass is always greener.

Dozzell & Kakay on 09:35 - May 15 with 1272 viewsJamesB1979

Dozzell & Kakay on 15:45 - May 14 by Superhoops2808

I think saying someone ā€œis a shit playerā€ is a bit different to threatening to kill them.

Kakay does look good at times but heā€™s going to be 26 going into next season. At times, I think, yeah heā€™s doing well and then he falls asleep at a set piece for example. Good example being Sheffield at home, who knows what would have happened if weā€™d held on to that win.
Dozzell & Kakay on 09:52 - May 15 with 1218 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dozzell & Kakay on 09:35 - May 15 by JamesB1979

I think saying someone ā€œis a shit playerā€ is a bit different to threatening to kill them.

Kakay does look good at times but heā€™s going to be 26 going into next season. At times, I think, yeah heā€™s doing well and then he falls asleep at a set piece for example. Good example being Sheffield at home, who knows what would have happened if weā€™d held on to that win.

NONE of the professional players at QPR are shit players. As for Kakay, he is a better player than Warren Neill ever was and he managed to hold down a place in a TV side. Perhaps instead of building up dossier on mistakes made by players to be used as evidence against them in future, you could go to games, support OUR players and abuse the opponents? It works well for me.

The grass is always greener.

Dozzell & Kakay on 09:55 - May 15 with 1200 viewsJamesB1979

Dozzell & Kakay on 09:52 - May 15 by Esox_Lucius

NONE of the professional players at QPR are shit players. As for Kakay, he is a better player than Warren Neill ever was and he managed to hold down a place in a TV side. Perhaps instead of building up dossier on mistakes made by players to be used as evidence against them in future, you could go to games, support OUR players and abuse the opponents? It works well for me.

I didnā€™t say I said he was a shit player or abused any of our players. My point was that some people do think heā€™s shit and think thatā€™s completely different to the Bamford stuff.

I donā€™t think Kakay is a good enough defender. Donā€™t think ā€œheā€™s shitā€.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024