Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie off 11:08 - Jun 5 with 25227 viewswesty

Apparently having a medical at Bristol City today. Talks of around £1m. I know he’s struggled but that is not a great amount. Hopefully have a % sell on clause just in case he finds some form.
Dickie off on 12:33 - Jun 5 with 3167 viewsAntti_Heinola

Looked the perfect signing, the classic 'this is who we should be buying' and for once it actually worked out after a brief ropey start.
A huge shame, and says a lot that it's Bristol snapping him up.
Think a new start will do him good though.

Bare bones.

Dickie off on 12:35 - Jun 5 with 3154 viewsQPROslo

Probably no coincidence that Dickie was good enough under Warburton and improved again at the death last season under Gareth, but was below par under Beale who clearly thought we needed better, and Critchley.
Dickie off on 12:37 - Jun 5 with 3112 viewsJules4367

Two opposite thoughts and we can each pick one which suits our temperament.

Dickie , back to goal, simply hoofing the ball into the upper tier of the South Africa Road stand and...Dickie at Burnley heading off the line and blocking the shot on goal.

As much as I felt was a significant contributor to our fall he was also responsible for our success in staying up.

That said, the two plusses (as massive to the club as they are) cannot be relied upon and were 'moments in time' whereas his confidence and control NEED to be relied upon to avoid us being in the same position (or worse) again.

As such if I had to say that he would or would not be different next season at Loftus Road, my head says he wouldn't suddenly change and it is probably better for his confidence to have a new start and for that reason I wish him well but am not saddened by his departure.

You ALL know that he will, most probably, return and hit one that bulges the back of our net and, if he does and it helps his confidence, then good luck to him !
Dickie off on 12:46 - Jun 5 with 3040 viewssupahoopsa

I think this is a mistake and we should persevere with Rob. Unfortunately this tells me more about the direction the team is going in, no more playing our fromthe back, more hoooooof

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Dickie off on 12:52 - Jun 5 with 2989 viewsngbqpr

With the caveat that this is a huge over-simplification...Dickie and Barbet both looked like imperious mentality monsters in a back 3; in a back 4, not so much.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dickie off on 12:53 - Jun 5 with 2988 viewsLoyalitat

Dickie off on 12:46 - Jun 5 by supahoopsa

I think this is a mistake and we should persevere with Rob. Unfortunately this tells me more about the direction the team is going in, no more playing our fromthe back, more hoooooof

Worryingly true I suspect.
Dickie off on 12:56 - Jun 5 with 2945 viewsNorthernr

Given the contract situation, how he's been playing, how we've been playing, Championship market etc, we're probably getting all we can price wise at this point. Absolutely nuts how far he and we have fallen since August 2021.

My fear is the line in Dave Mc's piece about "doesn't fit with the style of play". I'm deeply concerned that we're going to do the very QPR thing of going balls deep on Gareth Ainsworth's style, once again do what manager wants manager gets, overhaul our whole team in that style, then sack Ainsworth in November and hire Ajax Youth Coach 3.2 to explain the 4-box-2 formation to Josh Scowen.
Dickie off on 13:01 - Jun 5 with 2875 viewskensalriser

I'd put money on Gaz being gone by Christmas, the only thing stopping me is I'd consider it to be in poor taste.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Dickie off on 13:01 - Jun 5 with 2873 viewsGloucs_R

Dickie off on 12:56 - Jun 5 by Northernr

Given the contract situation, how he's been playing, how we've been playing, Championship market etc, we're probably getting all we can price wise at this point. Absolutely nuts how far he and we have fallen since August 2021.

My fear is the line in Dave Mc's piece about "doesn't fit with the style of play". I'm deeply concerned that we're going to do the very QPR thing of going balls deep on Gareth Ainsworth's style, once again do what manager wants manager gets, overhaul our whole team in that style, then sack Ainsworth in November and hire Ajax Youth Coach 3.2 to explain the 4-box-2 formation to Josh Scowen.

Are we going to be any different to Stoke, Preston and the majority of other lower half teams?. Very few teams in a championship play tippy tappy football.

I think most of us believe that Dickie played better in a back three. I'm hopeful that this is what that statement means.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dickie off on 13:08 - Jun 5 with 2807 viewsrobith

Dickie off on 12:46 - Jun 5 by supahoopsa

And get nothing for him in a year?
Dickie off on 13:17 - Jun 5 with 2719 viewsRangersw12

Dickie off on 12:56 - Jun 5 by Northernr

If that's the route we're going then what's the point of having a DOF !?
Dickie off on 13:18 - Jun 5 with 2714 viewsDejR_vu

He showed under Warburton what a good player he is capable of being but, as usual, the club messed up. 'Development' club buys a lower league player, perseveres through a shaky start, makes him better, then destroy his confidence, makes him worse and sells him at a loss.

The only consistency at the club is in how pretty much everything turns to cr@p. It's not just a coincidence or bad luck the club is in such a state. It's never going to change until we get people in who know what they're doing. If we don't, we'll just find lots of other ways of ballsing up.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Dickie off on 13:19 - Jun 5 with 2706 viewsrobith

In 2 minds.

On the one hand it's a massive shame, less than we could've gotten a year ago, sad to see it all go wrong

On the other, mentally he needs a change and tbh next season is gonna be hard again and he doesn't seem up to the fire. We need a few more players who can wash off a bad showing rather than let it rot them for months. I think it's probably for the best he goes
Dickie off on 13:22 - Jun 5 with 2679 viewsozexile

Dickie off on 13:17 - Jun 5 by Rangersw12

That's been the million dollar question for a long time.
Dickie off on 13:23 - Jun 5 with 2672 views89_50

It's a shame how things panned out, but we've sort of snookered ourselves in letting his contract get into the final year.

It's easy to say with hindsight (even more so given how last season went), but if we're supposed to be operating a model of sign, polish and sell-on, then we needed to move Dickie on last summer, assuming any rumoured interest was genuine.

We're holding onto players a little too long and getting into situations where they need to be sold for relative peanuts for risk of getting nothing a year later.

I think he'll be missed to a degree. He looks like he desperately needs a fresh start and an arm around him, and Pearson will definitely give him that.
Dickie off on 13:24 - Jun 5 with 2653 viewsNorthantsHoop

Let's face it none of them covered themselves in glory, we should cut Gareth some slack and see what happens. To be honest it is a bonus we actually stayed in the Championship as we were awful with the set of players we had from November onwards. Rob Dickie looked out of sorts for quite a while now this move will be good for him and we get some money, but nowhere near his value of a couple of years ago.
Dickie off on 13:27 - Jun 5 with 2632 viewsSK_hoops

Sorry state of affairs when 'never feigned injury' is highlighted as one of his strong points.
Dickie off on 13:34 - Jun 5 with 2548 viewsQPunkR

Dickie off on 11:21 - Jun 5 by OldPedro

Good luck to him - looked a good player at times. Obviously had a nightmare for most of last season but he still made himself available game after game and didn't cry off with a minor injury.

I fervently prayed most weeks that he would cry off with a minor injury in the end :(

QPR - "shit but local"

Dickie off on 13:34 - Jun 5 with 2548 viewsMatch82

Dickie off on 12:00 - Jun 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Confidence can be a temporary thing. We as a fanbase have a habit of of dismissing players based on small sections of their careers. Dickie was great, especially during the covid period.

Barbet had the same problem when he kept giving pens away. Dykes pretty much two or three times a season.

When Barbet left you’d have thought Maldini had slipped through our fingers and Dykes is pretty much responsible for our safety.

Circumstance obviously plays a part but I’m very nervous about possible heading into the season with JCS looking down the barrel of a 50 game season.

Agree in principle but when "temporary" is more than half a season, it becomes more than just supporting a player through a bad patch. He's been great for us at times but if we aren't going to be playing a system that suits him we may as well part ways, we can't afford another 20 games of the version of Rob Dickie we saw in the back half of the season. He parts with my best wishes though, hope he thrives on most suitable circumstances for him.
Dickie off on 13:42 - Jun 5 with 2482 viewsstevec

Good luck to Rob Dickie, hope he does well.

Feel sorry for the fella, with the right backs/right sided players he’s been lumbered with at this club it’s a wonder he didn’t have a nervous breakdown. Not surprised his form collapsed in the end.
Dickie off on 13:44 - Jun 5 with 2477 viewsDraytonR

We don't appear to have had many clubs banging the door down for him , a while back we had one or two premier league teams sniffing around him , I think I read £4 million being mentioned ? But now he's off to Brizzle where he undoubtedly have a great 1st season and the wheels will come off again . Never been his biggest fan, but good luck to him .
Dickie off on 13:55 - Jun 5 with 2387 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dickie off on 13:01 - Jun 5 by Gloucs_R

Are we going to be any different to Stoke, Preston and the majority of other lower half teams?. Very few teams in a championship play tippy tappy football.

I think most of us believe that Dickie played better in a back three. I'm hopeful that this is what that statement means.

Very few teams play out and out hoof ball either.

Bare bones.

Dickie off on 14:05 - Jun 5 with 2320 viewsNorthernr

Dickie off on 13:17 - Jun 5 by Rangersw12

You tell me.

Only at QPR would the solution to the chaos caused by letting a manager sign loads of his boys one summer be letting another manager sign loads of his boys the next summer.
Dickie off on 14:11 - Jun 5 with 2278 viewsToast_R

Which version o Rob Dickie have Bristol City been watching?
Personally I think he's too slow and not bright enough to make up for his lack of speed with positional awareness. Had a good spell when the sun was shining but when it wasn't, he's been bloody awful.
Dickie off on 14:16 - Jun 5 with 2243 viewsGloucs_R

Dickie off on 13:55 - Jun 5 by Antti_Heinola

Very few teams play out and out hoof ball either.

I'm really hopeful that this is not how we are going to play next season.

Ainsworth and Dobby are smart, intelligent people. Surely they know that they will not get away with long ball at Rangers.

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024