Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie off 11:08 - Jun 5 with 25232 viewswesty

Apparently having a medical at Bristol City today. Talks of around £1m. I know he’s struggled but that is not a great amount. Hopefully have a % sell on clause just in case he finds some form.
Dickie off on 14:18 - Jun 5 with 3975 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dickie off on 14:11 - Jun 5 by Toast_R

Which version o Rob Dickie have Bristol City been watching?
Personally I think he's too slow and not bright enough to make up for his lack of speed with positional awareness. Had a good spell when the sun was shining but when it wasn't, he's been bloody awful.

I don’t rate the guy but playing devil’s advocate he’s always available, experienced but still young and has shown he can be very good at this level. If we were spending £1m on a player like that we’d probably be saying it’s a reasonable punt after he’s been in a poor team/defence.
Dickie off on 14:20 - Jun 5 with 3963 viewsHAYESBOY

Not helpful I know, but this goes back to letting Warburton go. Started the cycle of managers coming and going.
Dickie is a good player and 1m for him is a steal. But if he is not signing another deal then it is unfortunately the only thing we can do.
Final judgment on all of this is how the team shapes up and results on the pitch. Although not encouraged by the football we have played so far under Ainsworth.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Dickie off on 14:21 - Jun 5 with 3957 viewsEastR

Must admit when they played at ours I didn't leave thinking, you know what they could do with signing Rob Dickie to improve them at the back

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Dickie off on 14:25 - Jun 5 with 3926 viewsDorse

Remember when £1m sounded like a lot of money? We are such tarts.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dickie off on 14:31 - Jun 5 with 3869 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dickie off on 13:34 - Jun 5 by Match82

Agree in principle but when "temporary" is more than half a season, it becomes more than just supporting a player through a bad patch. He's been great for us at times but if we aren't going to be playing a system that suits him we may as well part ways, we can't afford another 20 games of the version of Rob Dickie we saw in the back half of the season. He parts with my best wishes though, hope he thrives on most suitable circumstances for him.

So 20 games of JCS it is then. If this happens I’ll eat my QPR beanie.
Dickie off on 14:34 - Jun 5 with 3850 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dickie off on 14:31 - Jun 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

If we’re lucky we’ll re-sign Balogun and maybe get 30 games between them.
Dickie off on 15:16 - Jun 5 with 3624 viewsbosh67

Our buying, contractual and selling policies must be reviewed. You don’t buy players for 2 million and sell them for 1… or nothing. You don’t demotivate players so they play poorly and don’t want to stay.

We had an offer for Dykes for 4 million. I can see him going for less than that. FFP doesn’t help because we have our pants taken down but bar Eze nothing our transfers have done in or out have taken us to another level. We seemingly just go backwards!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dickie off on 16:23 - Jun 5 with 3233 viewsRangersDave

Dickie off on 13:22 - Jun 5 by ozexile

That's been the million dollar question for a long time.

Or the 'half a mil a year' question!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

Dickie off on 16:27 - Jun 5 with 3195 viewsHayesender

Bristol City Dickie has an almost Ian Dury ring to it

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dickie off on 16:30 - Jun 5 with 3187 viewsLongRanger

Some say too slow, but he's not slower this season than last when he was valued at about £5m, it ultimately comes down to player confidence in himself and the club and I'd guess GA would have liked to keep him but if he doesn't want to sign another contract, we won't risk him leaving for nothing
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 16:32]
Dickie off on 16:33 - Jun 5 with 3172 viewsActonExile

The way i look at it is, what if this was the other way around?

If Brizzle had collapsed to 5th bottom and 3 wins in 25 would we be happy to buy one of their centre halves for a million quid, personally i doubt it.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Dickie off on 16:39 - Jun 5 with 3121 viewsMatch82

Dickie off on 14:31 - Jun 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

At his best Dickie is the best centre back we have. At his worst, I'd rather try Gubbins or someone else coming through . Never mentioned JCS, I don't think anyone believes he's playing a full season.
Dickie off on 16:55 - Jun 5 with 2979 viewsGloucs_R

Do you think another reason that he is departing is because he may perhaps be one of the highest earners?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dickie off on 17:01 - Jun 5 with 2941 viewsrobith

Dickie off on 16:55 - Jun 5 by Gloucs_R

Do you think another reason that he is departing is because he may perhaps be one of the highest earners?

And that's he's asked to leave, as a club you're left with what you can get at that stage
Dickie off on 17:48 - Jun 5 with 2735 viewsGroveR

Dickie off on 14:21 - Jun 5 by EastR

Must admit when they played at ours I didn't leave thinking, you know what they could do with signing Rob Dickie to improve them at the back

This is my concern. Brizzle have gone 180 degrees from signings like Nikki-Nakki-Noo-Nah to younger players who'll improve them and turn a profit. What are they seeing we're not?
Dickie off on 18:31 - Jun 5 with 2537 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

So to clarify.....
We let Barbet leave for nothing last season. Keep Dickie as he is the future, who we maybe could have sold for £2m +.
We sign Balogun and JCS as Beale wanted them.

We now have no Barbet, Balogun or Dickie, but still have JCS. Sh!t show, and Ferdinand is still there.
Dickie off on 19:02 - Jun 5 with 2385 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dickie off on 12:46 - Jun 5 by supahoopsa

I think this is a mistake and we should persevere with Rob. Unfortunately this tells me more about the direction the team is going in, no more playing our fromthe back, more hoooooof

Our ability to play out from the back disappeared long ago. Our attempts at doing so was farcical for most of last season. If you haven’t got the players to bring it out from the back, or the midfield capable of receiving it without immediately conceding possession, what is the point?

If playing more “direct” means no faffing at the back like rank amateurs and reduces our goals against column to less than 50, I’m all for it.
Dickie off on 19:17 - Jun 5 with 2281 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dickie off on 19:02 - Jun 5 by Burnleyhoop

Our ability to play out from the back disappeared long ago. Our attempts at doing so was farcical for most of last season. If you haven’t got the players to bring it out from the back, or the midfield capable of receiving it without immediately conceding possession, what is the point?

If playing more “direct” means no faffing at the back like rank amateurs and reduces our goals against column to less than 50, I’m all for it.

Agree. Too much emphasis these days being put on ball playing defenders when realistically most would be delighted with another Alan Macdonald.
Dickie off on 19:31 - Jun 5 with 2193 viewsBerkoRanger

And agree with the last two posters. As I said elsewhere, Man City's first goal was rather excellent.
Dickie off on 19:40 - Jun 5 with 2128 viewsBoston

Dickie off on 16:30 - Jun 5 by LongRanger

Some say too slow, but he's not slower this season than last when he was valued at about £5m, it ultimately comes down to player confidence in himself and the club and I'd guess GA would have liked to keep him but if he doesn't want to sign another contract, we won't risk him leaving for nothing
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 16:32]

Some do say he's slow, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out he had half a dozen O-Levels.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dickie off on 19:50 - Jun 5 with 2093 viewsPunteR

Am i right in thinking that Bristol have been pretty shrewd in their recruitment , bringing through players and selling on at a profit recently.?
I think he'll probably go on and find his form again. Good luck to him. Real shame it never worked out here (we seem to say that a lot at this club). As others alluded to his form and appearances seem to drop when Beale came in.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dickie off on 20:00 - Jun 5 with 2038 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rob-dickie-bristol-city-050623/
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 20:00]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dickie off on 20:00 - Jun 5 with 2039 viewsloftboy

Just had the text from QPR

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dickie off on 20:02 - Jun 5 with 2022 viewsjeffranger

Dickie off on 20:00 - Jun 5 by loftboy

Just had the text from QPR

Yes same here
Dickie off on 20:03 - Jun 5 with 2001 viewsPunteR

Dickie off on 20:00 - Jun 5 by aston_hoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rob-dickie-bristol-city-050623/
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 20:00]

27.? I thought he was younger than that. Good move for him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024