Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) 15:23 - Jun 9 with 2033 viewstoboboly

Has just been appointed as Hornchurch manager?!!!!

I have to admit that has been a surprise, they must be paying a decent wedge to get him from a league coaching/managing role to the Isthmian Premier (level 7).

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 15:53 - Jun 9 with 1946 viewsJuzzie

Always the type of player you'd like in your team but hate to play against, always seemed to give us a hard game.

Fair play to him for starting at a sensible level rather than going in ego-first at the highest level possible.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2023 15:54]
Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 15:59 - Jun 9 with 1901 viewstoboboly

Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 15:53 - Jun 9 by Juzzie

Always the type of player you'd like in your team but hate to play against, always seemed to give us a hard game.

Fair play to him for starting at a sensible level rather than going in ego-first at the highest level possible.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2023 15:54]

He was Cardiff's manager between October 2021 and September 2022

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Morison

Hence my surprise at him dropping down so far.

Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 16:06 - Jun 9 with 1880 viewsterryb

Any idea who is footing the bill at Hornchurch?

They very nearly went bust 20ish years ago when they were spending more than Conference clubs were. Once bitten, twice shy! It wouldn't appear so!
Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 16:18 - Jun 9 with 1838 viewstoboboly

Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 16:06 - Jun 9 by terryb

They very nearly went bust 20ish years ago when they were spending more than Conference clubs were. Once bitten, twice shy! It wouldn't appear so!

Not sure, they must be spending a fair bit as have lost in the play-offs twice in the last two seasons and have won the FA Trophy.

Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 16:39 - Jun 9 with 1778 viewswesty

Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 16:06 - Jun 9 by terryb

Amazes me some of the money thrown around in non league. Literally some budgets are ridiculous.
Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 17:00 - Jun 9 with 1725 viewsterryb

Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 16:39 - Jun 9 by westy

Amazes me some of the money thrown around in non league. Literally some budgets are ridiculous.

30 years ago the team I was brought up to love had a first team squad of approx 20 & all were reported to be on a minimum of Β£300 per week. At least 4 of them travelled from the Welsh valleys to Buckinghamshire twice a week!

It is incredible that for 18 months, Chesham United were one of the top 5 spenders in non league. They were also one of the best 5 teams in that period as well! It paid off in that the Isthmian League was won, but there was no money to pay for ground improvements for promotion to The Conference & the owners company went bust shortly afterwards.

The creditors were incredibly patient & agreed to be repaid in small amounts over time. 20 years later Chesham United celebrated being free from debt!

At the same time, there near neighbours (those who can't be named) were the top side in the country & spending more than most League 1 (equivalent) clubs were. They won The Conference & The FA Trophy, & 30 years later they are still an EFL club. The Wrexham way of buying promotion is nothing new!

To be fair, I'd take the 18 months of glory everytime over the mediocrity of before & afterwards. But, then, it wasn't my money being spent!
[Post edited 9 Jun 2023 17:05]
Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 17:13 - Jun 9 with 1694 viewsWatford_Ranger

Fair play to him. Don’t know if he needs the money or just wants to prove himself but that’s a tough gig. Much more respect for him doing that than ex-players who think they’re doing clubs a favour managing at a high level without earning their stripes.
Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 17:33 - Jun 9 with 1630 viewsDorse

Does he want Hamalainen?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 17:54 - Jun 9 with 1564 viewswesty

Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 17:00 - Jun 9 by terryb

30 years ago the team I was brought up to love had a first team squad of approx 20 & all were reported to be on a minimum of Β£300 per week. At least 4 of them travelled from the Welsh valleys to Buckinghamshire twice a week!

It is incredible that for 18 months, Chesham United were one of the top 5 spenders in non league. They were also one of the best 5 teams in that period as well! It paid off in that the Isthmian League was won, but there was no money to pay for ground improvements for promotion to The Conference & the owners company went bust shortly afterwards.

The creditors were incredibly patient & agreed to be repaid in small amounts over time. 20 years later Chesham United celebrated being free from debt!

At the same time, there near neighbours (those who can't be named) were the top side in the country & spending more than most League 1 (equivalent) clubs were. They won The Conference & The FA Trophy, & 30 years later they are still an EFL club. The Wrexham way of buying promotion is nothing new!

To be fair, I'd take the 18 months of glory everytime over the mediocrity of before & afterwards. But, then, it wasn't my money being spent!
[Post edited 9 Jun 2023 17:05]

I remember Chesham spending big back then. Canvey Island were another one. Huge wage bill got to the conference then Jeff King pulled his money and that was it. They had players leaving lg1 to go and play for Canvey for Β£1200 a week in the early 90’s. That was in the isthmian lg 1 or 2. Ridiculous at the time.
Doesn’t always work out. I’ve heard of lots of low level non league clubs throwing around Β£7 & Β£8k a week and languishing in mid table.
Chertsey were another club who early 90’s were spending huge sums to try and win the FA Vase.
Ironically 30 yrs later with a way smaller budget, playing lower league football with no ex pros they won it.
Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 18:04 - Jun 9 with 1532 viewsJuzzie

Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 15:59 - Jun 9 by toboboly

He was Cardiff's manager between October 2021 and September 2022

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Morison

Hence my surprise at him dropping down so far.

Oh!
Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 19:01 - Jun 9 with 1430 viewsLblock

His dad is a QS / Commercial Manager and one of the old school, there is no better school

Decent family

I wish him well

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Steve Morison (Millwall/Cardiff one) on 19:02 - Jun 9 with 1427 viewsaston_hoop

Have a feeling he rubbed a few people up the wrong way at Cardiff, bit of a bully. Something went sour there anyway, not sure if this has put the wider football world off considering him.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024