Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "did he really play for us" thread 09:22 - Jul 2 with 10912 viewsHayesender

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohan_Ricketts?wprov=sfla1

I have absolutely no recollection of Rohan Ricketts ever playing for us!

Reckon there's probably quite a few over the last 20 odd years that have been just as forgetful

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The on 16:30 - Jul 3 with 1609 viewsDorse

The on 22:37 - Jul 2 by numptydumpty

Along similar trains of thought, what was your opinion of another fantastic fullback that identified as Benoit Assou Ekottu !!

In hindsight, and in the spirit of fairness, I would characterise his performance as less impressive than the time my 2 yr old son not only filled, but overflowed his potty with a stool that literally beggared belief, both in terms of sheer size and weight but also stench. Yes, this turd, equivalent in size to King Kong's finger, was of more value to the team and, bearing in mind I had to dispose of it, more amusement to me than his tenure as QPR's left back.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The "did he really play for us" thread on 16:33 - Jul 3 with 1579 viewsSheffieldHoop

Ugo Ukah, Egutu Oliseh, Marcin Kus.....A lot of others from that mad Paladini era, but these 3 actually went on to have OK careers after leaving us.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

The "did he really play for us" thread on 16:41 - Jul 3 with 1574 viewsMrSheen

Tom Hitchcock has the greatest blink-and-you-missed-it career, 7 minutes, one goal (OK, three-year contract as well). Only 30, solidly non-league. Has the honour of having played for Bedford Town and "Real Bedford", the latter owned by a Bitcoin podcaster who has promised to take them to the Premier League. Everything about them suggests he's a man to be taken seriously.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 16:42]
The "did he really play for us" thread on 18:36 - Jul 3 with 1496 viewsR_from_afar

The "did he really play for us" thread on 12:17 - Jul 3 by MrNITK

Generoso Rossi

Can’t remember what Holloway described his as. Lively as a cricket or grasshopper. Something like that.

I actually saw him play, away versus Cardiff. He had very glossy hair.

If I recall correctly, Holloway did at one stage describe him as the most unfit player he had ever come across.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The "did he really play for us" thread on 19:09 - Jul 3 with 1447 viewsDoudou87

Petter Vaagan Moen.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

The "did he really play for us" thread on 19:18 - Jul 3 with 1441 viewsHammersmithR

I actually played against Rohan Ricketts this season. He plays for some team called South London Vets or something. Was an AFA Semi Final. They had a few old pros. They also
Have also have Leroy Griffiths but he didn’t play.
The "did he really play for us" thread on 20:12 - Jul 3 with 1385 viewsdistortR

The "did he really play for us" thread on 13:04 - Jul 3 by PhilmyRs

Chris Woods? 1990s goalkeeper? Sure I saw him in a squad photo once, although not sure if he played a game.

n/m
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 20:13]
The "did he really play for us" thread on 22:13 - Jul 3 with 1294 viewsDorse

The "did he really play for us" thread on 20:12 - Jul 3 by distortR

n/m

Never heard of him. You win.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

The "did he really play for us" thread on 23:05 - Jul 3 with 1263 viewsDannyPaddox

The "did he really play for us" thread on 20:12 - Jul 3 by distortR

n/m

Nigel Muffsparrow?
(No subject) on 23:53 - Jul 3 with 1227 viewsnumptydumpty

The on 16:30 - Jul 3 by Dorse

In hindsight, and in the spirit of fairness, I would characterise his performance as less impressive than the time my 2 yr old son not only filled, but overflowed his potty with a stool that literally beggared belief, both in terms of sheer size and weight but also stench. Yes, this turd, equivalent in size to King Kong's finger, was of more value to the team and, bearing in mind I had to dispose of it, more amusement to me than his tenure as QPR's left back.

Sounds like a very proud father moment.

Beautiful memories to share with future grand kids !!!! 🤣
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 23:55]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The "did he really play for us" thread on 03:30 - Jul 4 with 1167 viewsFDC

Esteban Granero

Whole periods of QPR honestly feel like a fever dream.
The "did he really play for us" thread on 08:12 - Jul 4 with 1090 viewstoboboly

Carl Ikeme
Matt Hill
Gary Borrowdale
Liam Miller
Aaron Hughes

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The "did he really play for us" thread on 08:52 - Jul 4 with 1068 viewsBluce_Ree

Mark Hateley.

The man who terrorised Celtic for years. He came to us for a quarter of the Les Ferdinand sale money, f**ked about being shit and left.

I remember two things about him, both from the Wimbledon FA Cup match.

1) Him scoring. Well more specifically him scoring and then cupping his ear at us despite already having been shit for every game.

2) Him failing to control a ball so badly that even he knew it was shit and his whole demeanour crumbled.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

The "did he really play for us" thread on 08:59 - Jul 4 with 1058 viewstoboboly

Antonio German
Josh Parker
Romone Rose
Wes Daly

The "did he really play for us" thread on 09:13 - Jul 4 with 1037 viewsdmm

Who he?

Double brownie points if you can say how many games he played for us.
The "did he really play for us" thread on 09:18 - Jul 4 with 1034 viewsR_from_afar

Antonio German.

A depressing story about his experiences:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49335642

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The "did he really play for us" thread on 09:39 - Jul 4 with 1016 viewsDannyPaddox

The "did he really play for us" thread on 09:13 - Jul 4 by dmm

Who he?

Double brownie points if you can say how many games he played for us.

Bruno Perrone? 100 games when I wasn’t paying attention?
The "did he really play for us" thread on 09:47 - Jul 4 with 1007 viewstoboboly

Bruno Andrade
Sampsa Timoska

The "did he really play for us" thread on 12:51 - Jul 4 with 929 viewsHayesender

We played Brentford in a pre-season friendly (remember those days?) probably around 94ish.

We had some Italian fella on trial, we even gave him his own song to the tune of the cornetto tune.

Apparently he did something to pish big Mac off, and was never seen again. What was his name?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The "did he really play for us" thread on 13:45 - Jul 4 with 889 viewsR_from_afar

Another player in the one appearance only club:

Coll Donaldson
[Post edited 5 Jul 2023 10:32]

The "did he really play for us" thread on 14:00 - Jul 4 with 875 viewsqueensparker

The "did he really play for us" thread on 12:51 - Jul 4 by Hayesender

We played Brentford in a pre-season friendly (remember those days?) probably around 94ish.

We had some Italian fella on trial, we even gave him his own song to the tune of the cornetto tune.

Apparently he did something to pish big Mac off, and was never seen again. What was his name?

Massimo Mauro it was. He looked good!

It was around the time we were also being linked with Baggio on the back pages of The Standard in peak James Richardson Football Italia era.

Great times.
The "did he really play for us" thread on 14:24 - Jul 4 with 845 viewsDavieQPR

Ossie Ardiles played 8 games for us.
The "did he really play for us" thread on 14:38 - Jul 4 with 821 viewsR_from_afar

Absolute dogtoffee, we should have signed the other member of the famous twosome instead:

The "did he really play for us" thread on 14:55 - Jul 4 with 792 viewsSydneyRs

The "did he really play for us" thread on 08:52 - Jul 4 by Bluce_Ree

Mark Hateley.

The man who terrorised Celtic for years. He came to us for a quarter of the Les Ferdinand sale money, f**ked about being shit and left.

I remember two things about him, both from the Wimbledon FA Cup match.

1) Him scoring. Well more specifically him scoring and then cupping his ear at us despite already having been shit for every game.

2) Him failing to control a ball so badly that even he knew it was shit and his whole demeanour crumbled.

Wasn't hard to terrorise Celtic in those days, they were skint and terrible while Rangers were throwing a lot of money about. Money it later turned out they didn't really have.
The on 15:03 - Jul 4 with 772 viewsSheffieldHoop

The "did he really play for us" thread on 09:18 - Jul 4 by R_from_afar

Antonio German.

A depressing story about his experiences:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49335642

How would we feel if Bright Osayi-Samuel comes out and says he left QPR because of racist abuse?

After all, he received that message that time after Norwich away (which it turned out came from somewhere in the middle east after some knobhead lost a bet, but still) so it's comparable to what German is saying in this piece.

The club says further down "He was also booed on occasion during matches in the stadium, but that was due to the perceived (from the fans' perspective) lack of effort from Antonio during matches in a period where the team was not playing very well."

Can't recall Damion Stewart or Zesh Rehman complaining of such problems over in Pahang. Seems unlikely to me that they would target German specifically for anything other than his lack of effort/performance, considering this club still has other black players on its roster even now. A few online comments crossed a line from a US/European cultural perspective (which isn't even the cultural landscape this incident occurred in, which I think is an important point to make, but the BBC doesn't) but to blame his failure in the Malaysian League on it is kind of ridiculous.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024