Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer embargo 19:17 - Jul 26 with 6477 viewsterryb

There are so many threads about Reading FC, that I wasn't sure whether to piggy back on to one or start anew!

it is being reported that Reading have just been handed a new transfer embargo for non payment to HMRC. How long till the next points deduction?

I'm sure the owners had no problem in passing the EFL fit & proper test!

Transfer embargo on 23:09 - Jul 26 with 4740 viewsted_hendrix

Here you go.
From the Reading Chronicle;
Reading FC hit with transfer embargo for late HMRC payment
8 hrs ago.
Reading have been placed under an immediate transfer embargo for failing to pay HMRC on time again, the Reading Chronicle understands.
Due to pay a bill last week, the club are yet to pay the 'significant' amount and have been placed under an embargo.
This comes less than a month after the club were served a winding-up petition for the same issue.
Set for a date in court on August 7 for the last bill, which was eventually paid, it remains to be seen how this update will impact the hearing.
EFL charges remain outstanding against the club and owner, Dai Yongge, for late payment of staff wages.

New boss Ruben Selles had hoped for 10 new signings and despite making additions last week, it looks like incomings could be slowed by the fresh embargo.
There is less than a fortnight until the start of the new League One campaign.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Transfer embargo on 07:36 - Jul 27 with 4572 viewsthompsonridd

Great decision by Wing!! 😂 😂
Transfer embargo on 07:47 - Jul 27 with 4542 viewsdistortR

I believe the EFL sanctioned Charlie Savage's move to Reading for an undisclosed fee last week?
Transfer embargo on 08:00 - Jul 27 with 4483 viewsgazza1

Wing's decision to move to Reading is only about money, nothing else but money. He knew the Club were having financial issues and have been for some time but was not intelligent enough to understand what he was getting into.....fuk him!!!
Transfer embargo on 11:16 - Jul 27 with 4302 viewsSAPilgrim

According to Tim Dellor on twitter (BBC sport reporter). De-registration of signed players is a danger for Reading. So, errr… might we see someone coming sheepishly up to the front office and asking if there’s still space on the bus?
Transfer embargo on 11:17 - Jul 27 with 4297 viewsSAPilgrim

Transfer embargo on 23:09 - Jul 26 by ted_hendrix

Here you go.
From the Reading Chronicle;
Reading FC hit with transfer embargo for late HMRC payment
8 hrs ago.
Reading have been placed under an immediate transfer embargo for failing to pay HMRC on time again, the Reading Chronicle understands.
Due to pay a bill last week, the club are yet to pay the 'significant' amount and have been placed under an embargo.
This comes less than a month after the club were served a winding-up petition for the same issue.
Set for a date in court on August 7 for the last bill, which was eventually paid, it remains to be seen how this update will impact the hearing.
EFL charges remain outstanding against the club and owner, Dai Yongge, for late payment of staff wages.

New boss Ruben Selles had hoped for 10 new signings and despite making additions last week, it looks like incomings could be slowed by the fresh embargo.
There is less than a fortnight until the start of the new League One campaign.

Fat finger downvoted ted, sorry.
Transfer embargo on 11:29 - Jul 27 with 4242 viewsfrancisbowles

Transfer embargo on 08:00 - Jul 27 by gazza1

Wing's decision to move to Reading is only about money, nothing else but money. He knew the Club were having financial issues and have been for some time but was not intelligent enough to understand what he was getting into.....fuk him!!!

Have you heard that from someone ITK, Gazza.
Transfer embargo on 13:05 - Jul 27 with 3979 viewsbosh67

I believe Reading offered him 3 years we offered him 2. So length of contract I believe was the main factor.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer embargo on 13:42 - Jul 27 with 3841 viewsJuzzie

Transfer embargo on 13:05 - Jul 27 by bosh67

I believe Reading offered him 3 years we offered him 2. So length of contract I believe was the main factor.

which does equate to more guaranteed money. His next contract may not be as good so why lose out on a years difference.
Transfer embargo on 13:48 - Jul 27 with 3808 viewsgazza1

Transfer embargo on 11:29 - Jul 27 by francisbowles

Have you heard that from someone ITK, Gazza.

No mate, just what I would have thought why he went to Reading instead of us - what other reason would you choose Reading ahead of us with all the issues they have playing a lesser standard too.....Bosh recons he was offered a 3 year contract which, in effect, is money. Sadly, that is what many people base their decisions on nowadays.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 13:49]
Transfer embargo on 13:55 - Jul 27 with 3765 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Transfer embargo on 13:05 - Jul 27 by bosh67

Why on earth would you sign for a League One side rather than a Championship side? What a loser.
Transfer embargo on 14:29 - Jul 27 with 3646 viewsfrancisbowles

Transfer embargo on 13:48 - Jul 27 by gazza1

No mate, just what I would have thought why he went to Reading instead of us - what other reason would you choose Reading ahead of us with all the issues they have playing a lesser standard too.....Bosh recons he was offered a 3 year contract which, in effect, is money. Sadly, that is what many people base their decisions on nowadays.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 13:49]

I thought it might be us, trying to prioritise spending the little we have in our budget on other positions, like central defenders and right back before signing a midfielder.
Transfer embargo on 14:59 - Jul 27 with 3538 viewsDavieQPR

They got a Wing now they just need a Prayer.
Transfer embargo on 16:02 - Jul 27 with 3467 viewsWatfordR

Don't know if all this is the reason that it appears that their pre season has all been played by their U21s? Has anyone that they have signed actually played a game for them yet?
Transfer embargo on 16:19 - Jul 27 with 3416 viewswesty

Transfer embargo on 07:47 - Jul 27 by distortR

I believe the EFL sanctioned Charlie Savage's move to Reading for an undisclosed fee last week?

I may be wrong but for some reason I think they can still sign free transfers. Which is ridiculous as they still have to pay the contracts of the additional players. Or not as may be the case
Transfer embargo on 16:19 - Jul 27 with 3415 viewswesty

Here here. 👍
Transfer embargo on 20:11 - Jul 27 with 3167 viewsRangersw12

Seems no offer was ever made for Wing
Transfer embargo on 21:49 - Jul 27 with 3039 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer embargo on 20:11 - Jul 27 by Rangersw12

All that is fine and understood. However if we don’t sign a central midfielder of some sort we are going to seriously short in there!

If Field gets injured or suspended we’re looking at what? Dozzell and Pedder, with who on the bench?

Surely we’ll bring in some type of midfielder just to bolster the numbers?!
Transfer embargo on 22:17 - Jul 27 with 2978 viewsNorthernr

Transfer embargo on 20:11 - Jul 27 by Rangersw12

This is the thing isn't it, if you never actually put a piece of paper down in front of a player you can legitimately claim you never offered a contract to him.

I do think there's a degree of social media at work here. There are five or six kids trying to gain clout with their social account by pretending they know stuff, one even asking people to pay him for exclusive access now. All of it is stuff gleaned from message boards, rumour sites, actual journalists, and rebadged as their own ITK info. Within that arm's race they try and outdo each other - Wing already agreed his deal, Wing already did his medical, Wing will fly out to join the team in Austria. When it turns out to be bolox... well, go and find those Tweets now. Matey boy who wants subscriptions has quietly deleted his.

There were obviously discussions with Wing and his representatives about coming here. Whether they were preliminary discussions, detailed, advanced, whatever, we'll never know. QPR are now wanting it known that they basically never progressed it, and were never really in for him. Maybe they didn't, and weren't. But like when we had people on here believing Beale never spoke to Wolves... come on now.
Transfer embargo on 22:21 - Jul 27 with 2961 viewsNorthernr

Transfer embargo on 21:49 - Jul 27 by Hunterhoop

All that is fine and understood. However if we don’t sign a central midfielder of some sort we are going to seriously short in there!

If Field gets injured or suspended we’re looking at what? Dozzell and Pedder, with who on the bench?

Surely we’ll bring in some type of midfielder just to bolster the numbers?!

Having been with Gareth last week for our interview when he was talking about "two or three in" for the opening day, and then been there again today for a forum with the fan sites when he's talking about one, leftfield, 32-33 year old, I suspect what has happened is they thought they were going to get a sale done, and haven't. And as I've said all summer, we need significant outward sales, for significant money, before we can pay anything for anybody. Wycombe want 400k for Forino, we can't do it. They'd like another CB, a CM, a RB and they'll do a forward on loan at the end of the window from what's left of the Premier League pickings to cover Dykes. That's best case scenario. But we desperately need a big money sale.
Transfer embargo on 09:09 - Jul 28 with 2611 viewsgazza1

Transfer embargo on 22:21 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Having been with Gareth last week for our interview when he was talking about "two or three in" for the opening day, and then been there again today for a forum with the fan sites when he's talking about one, leftfield, 32-33 year old, I suspect what has happened is they thought they were going to get a sale done, and haven't. And as I've said all summer, we need significant outward sales, for significant money, before we can pay anything for anybody. Wycombe want 400k for Forino, we can't do it. They'd like another CB, a CM, a RB and they'll do a forward on loan at the end of the window from what's left of the Premier League pickings to cover Dykes. That's best case scenario. But we desperately need a big money sale.

It sure isn't good.......

I do find it rather difficult to understand why GA has signed two left sided defenders though when we need players, as Hunter has said, in CM (Key imho). Both of whom may start on the bench!!!....we must sign 'starters'.

If we do not sign a couple more this coming week then we will be in serious trouble before the season even starts.
Transfer embargo on 09:14 - Jul 28 with 2610 viewsNorthernr

Transfer embargo on 09:09 - Jul 28 by gazza1

It sure isn't good.......

I do find it rather difficult to understand why GA has signed two left sided defenders though when we need players, as Hunter has said, in CM (Key imho). Both of whom may start on the bench!!!....we must sign 'starters'.

If we do not sign a couple more this coming week then we will be in serious trouble before the season even starts.

Well as I said in the Morgan Fox piece, ideally Fox would be a right sided centre back. He'll be playing centre back. Larkeche will either be covering Paal, or they'll push Paal into midfield and he'll start.

We definitely needed at least one centre back. You'd lost Dickie and Balogun, JCS is injured again, when Dunne went down at Wimbledon we were staring down the barrel of starting at Watford with Woodman and Gubbins at centre back.

Fox is basically a left back masquerading as a centre back, and like you say having signed Larkeche signing another left sided defender isn't ideal. But he's experienced, his availability is good, there's no transfer fee and the wages are within our miniscule budget, so they've done it.
Transfer embargo on 09:28 - Jul 28 with 2547 viewsgazza1

Transfer embargo on 09:14 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Well as I said in the Morgan Fox piece, ideally Fox would be a right sided centre back. He'll be playing centre back. Larkeche will either be covering Paal, or they'll push Paal into midfield and he'll start.

We definitely needed at least one centre back. You'd lost Dickie and Balogun, JCS is injured again, when Dunne went down at Wimbledon we were staring down the barrel of starting at Watford with Woodman and Gubbins at centre back.

Fox is basically a left back masquerading as a centre back, and like you say having signed Larkeche signing another left sided defender isn't ideal. But he's experienced, his availability is good, there's no transfer fee and the wages are within our miniscule budget, so they've done it.

I get it Norf .......GA got a mountain to climb. if we don't start the season well i dread to think. What I have seen, and not been to any games just watched some on-line, it has been 'proper average'.

I know it is said, by many, that PSF results doesn't matter, and they are not the end of the world, but from a player viewpoint wins and performances give players confidence and without confidence (which is replaced with fear) players find it most difficult to play at their best. Sadly, the players cannot be too confident at this time.
Transfer embargo on 09:49 - Jul 28 with 2509 viewsCateLeBonR

Transfer embargo on 09:28 - Jul 28 by gazza1

I get it Norf .......GA got a mountain to climb. if we don't start the season well i dread to think. What I have seen, and not been to any games just watched some on-line, it has been 'proper average'.

I know it is said, by many, that PSF results doesn't matter, and they are not the end of the world, but from a player viewpoint wins and performances give players confidence and without confidence (which is replaced with fear) players find it most difficult to play at their best. Sadly, the players cannot be too confident at this time.

PSF so far. Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 1. Looks like promotion form to me ;)
Transfer embargo on 10:40 - Jul 28 with 2426 viewsgazza1

Transfer embargo on 09:49 - Jul 28 by CateLeBonR

PSF so far. Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 1. Looks like promotion form to me ;)

Yea I k now what you mean!!!!

One championship level match and one proper well beaten defeat!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024