Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR seek new investors 13:50 - Jul 28 with 15727 viewsflynnbo

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/london-football-club-queens-park-rangers-is-courting
QPR seek new investors on 14:00 - Jul 28 with 9248 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hmmm......this could mean anything. But I feel uneasy.

Thanks for the info, flynnbo. It's as well that we know.

edit - spell check!
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 14:00]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR seek new investors on 14:02 - Jul 28 with 9224 viewsMedwayR

Lee Hoos has always been very clear about the club being open to new investment, this piece is telling us nothing new except that perhaps our owners are being more proactive because they feel there may be an opportunity.

Poll: Who’s better?

QPR seek new investors on 14:13 - Jul 28 with 9157 viewsderbyhoop

Although we've made big inro

*** Posted before I'd ****
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 14:16]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR seek new investors on 14:14 - Jul 28 with 9149 viewsderbyhoop

Although we've made big into the FFP status, even our wealthy owners can't continue to fund us to the tune of 1.5m per month.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR seek new investors on 14:17 - Jul 28 with 9094 viewsRangersw12

I question any investors motive considering we're miles away from promotion and hamstrung by FFP
QPR seek new investors on 14:41 - Jul 28 with 8967 viewsBlue_Castello

Sorry downvoted by mistook, fat fingers on phone
QPR seek new investors on 15:02 - Jul 28 with 8818 viewsQPRConor2000

I wonder if this is a sign that the current ownership are considering selling up?
QPR seek new investors on 15:25 - Jul 28 with 8711 viewsdmm

As I posted in the Fernandes thread, I assume this is to fill the empty chair at the table left by him. We've not been informed as to who bought his shares. Can they simply be held waiting for a buyer?
Login to get fewer ads

QPR seek new investors on 15:26 - Jul 28 with 8682 viewsWegerles_Stairs

QPR seek new investors on 14:17 - Jul 28 by Rangersw12

I question any investors motive considering we're miles away from promotion and hamstrung by FFP

Why would investors bother buying a non-league club like Wrexham though? We are (currently) one promotion away from the biggest league in the world and we're located in one of the major capital cities in the world. Just because our current owners have failed with their strategies, it doesn't mean others can't capitalise on the opportunities.

We're in a world where pre-season friendlies between Brentford, Brighton and Fulham are being held in the US to great fanfare, while we can't buy a £400k defender from Wycombe. Please someone buy us.
QPR seek new investors on 15:44 - Jul 28 with 8600 viewsNorthantsHoop

You can see the strategy developing now the club have completed the new training facility, which for me has been a major step forward for QPR.
QPR seek new investors on 15:49 - Jul 28 with 8551 viewsMick_S

QPR seek new investors on 15:44 - Jul 28 by NorthantsHoop

You can see the strategy developing now the club have completed the new training facility, which for me has been a major step forward for QPR.

Yep. I think The times are a changing at Rangers.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

QPR seek new investors on 15:50 - Jul 28 with 8541 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

QPR seek new investors on 15:44 - Jul 28 by NorthantsHoop

Agree. Bungle gone, state of the trading facility completed. Next step new investors for ground move?
As pointed out by Mr Wegerle we are, despite our current predicament an attractive investment opportunity, especially with the training ground and that we still own our ground. For that we can be grateful for Fernandes for, namely not doing a Derby to us.
QPR seek new investors on 16:26 - Jul 28 with 8378 viewscolinallcars

As Gilbert & Sullivan are so popular on here :

The shares are a penny
And ever so many
Are taken by Rothschild and Baring
And just as a few
Are allotted to you
You awake with a shudder despairing

Yeah, I've 'ad a few.
QPR seek new investors on 16:45 - Jul 28 with 8253 viewsterryb

Our American investor, Richard Reilly, owns 14% of the shares.

Does he have the financial clout to buy the controlling interest? Or would he need partners to do so? That, of course, is if he wanted to be in charge!
QPR seek new investors on 16:58 - Jul 28 with 8169 viewsBostonR

QPR seek new investors on 16:45 - Jul 28 by terryb

Our American investor, Richard Reilly, owns 14% of the shares.

Does he have the financial clout to buy the controlling interest? Or would he need partners to do so? That, of course, is if he wanted to be in charge!

It's FFP that is hampering us, not the owners who have enormously deep pockets. The owners are continuing to pay the penalty for mis-handling the club as well as keeping it afloat to the tune of £2M a month.
In my view they are long-term investors who are looking for like-minded individual or groups to join the Board. I would wager that if a new site was magically found for a new stadium Ruben would fund that - no problem. If FFP restrictions were lifted Ruben would fund transfers.
To me, this sounds like a clever move to find like-minded investors who are interested in a central London, Championship club who are a step away from the PL. Would not be surprised if there are a number of interested parties but I would guess that Ruben and Amit will be very careful who they talk to. What price that it will be a Saudi based interest?
All of this is exciting news off the field. Gareth just has to keep the team in the Championship.
QPR seek new investors on 18:31 - Jul 28 with 7869 viewsArty

QPR seek new investors on 16:58 - Jul 28 by BostonR

It's FFP that is hampering us, not the owners who have enormously deep pockets. The owners are continuing to pay the penalty for mis-handling the club as well as keeping it afloat to the tune of £2M a month.
In my view they are long-term investors who are looking for like-minded individual or groups to join the Board. I would wager that if a new site was magically found for a new stadium Ruben would fund that - no problem. If FFP restrictions were lifted Ruben would fund transfers.
To me, this sounds like a clever move to find like-minded investors who are interested in a central London, Championship club who are a step away from the PL. Would not be surprised if there are a number of interested parties but I would guess that Ruben and Amit will be very careful who they talk to. What price that it will be a Saudi based interest?
All of this is exciting news off the field. Gareth just has to keep the team in the Championship.

Spot on
QPR seek new investors on 18:45 - Jul 28 with 7813 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I think u have summed it up perfectly.
Any new investment cant be used for the team, FFP, so I can only assume it is for major off the field investment. There must be some people with serious money who would be interested.

I am sitting in the garden with my son, drinking a Moretti, and suddenly it seems all is good with the world. U Rs!

Now keep usup Garef.
QPR seek new investors on 18:47 - Jul 28 with 7800 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's an encouraging slant, Boston, and a cheerful one.

I don't know enough to comment, but I hope you're right.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR seek new investors on 18:49 - Jul 28 with 7796 viewsSimonJames

QPR seek new investors on 15:26 - Jul 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

Why would investors bother buying a non-league club like Wrexham though? We are (currently) one promotion away from the biggest league in the world and we're located in one of the major capital cities in the world. Just because our current owners have failed with their strategies, it doesn't mean others can't capitalise on the opportunities.

We're in a world where pre-season friendlies between Brentford, Brighton and Fulham are being held in the US to great fanfare, while we can't buy a £400k defender from Wycombe. Please someone buy us.

But they probably made a bucket load of money from the tie up with The Disney Channel

100% of people who drink water will die.

QPR seek new investors on 19:01 - Jul 28 with 7734 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

QPR seek new investors on 18:49 - Jul 28 by SimonJames

But they probably made a bucket load of money from the tie up with The Disney Channel

Booooooooooooooooooooooo.
QPR seek new investors on 19:36 - Jul 28 with 7572 viewssilverbirch

Surely, the only way a new owner helps is by bringing in new revenue, a Netflix series would be good, or maybe they own a club in Greece that will by our players for millions. They might fund a new ground but will that make enough difference? Would the club benefit from conference centre income or the like? We’d still only have 15,000 fans.
QPR seek new investors on 19:37 - Jul 28 with 7565 viewsdannyblue

QPR seek new investors on 15:50 - Jul 28 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Agree. Bungle gone, state of the trading facility completed. Next step new investors for ground move?
As pointed out by Mr Wegerle we are, despite our current predicament an attractive investment opportunity, especially with the training ground and that we still own our ground. For that we can be grateful for Fernandes for, namely not doing a Derby to us.

On the training ground though...how much of this is hype?

I listened to that Morgan Fox interview posted here, and he seemed to suggest it was comparable to Stoke's and as good as any in the Championship.

I know our owners have spent a lot on it (thank you), and it's definitely a step forward, but in our desperation for good news as a club we might be over-egging it's quality a bit?
QPR seek new investors on 19:59 - Jul 28 with 7482 viewsBostonR

QPR seek new investors on 19:36 - Jul 28 by silverbirch

Surely, the only way a new owner helps is by bringing in new revenue, a Netflix series would be good, or maybe they own a club in Greece that will by our players for millions. They might fund a new ground but will that make enough difference? Would the club benefit from conference centre income or the like? We’d still only have 15,000 fans.

Seeking a new investor/s is not just about the money. Can they bring some new innovations and ideas and do they have an insight into what the football landscape might look like in 10yrs time? We all know the riches on tap in the PL, if you get there and stay there. We know-we’ve done it albeit really badly.
Serious investors have capital, contacts, are risk adverse and in it for the long term, just like Ruben and Amit. They are looking for help in sharing their infrastructure proposals for the club.
This next chapter is about the infrastructure of the club not the playing side although we need Gareth to deliver.
QPR seek new investors on 20:26 - Jul 28 with 7402 viewsThGrimRanger

I reckon they want out and who'd blame them. They've given it a go for a number of years and it's a very expensive and thankless task.

Get the right people running your club and it can be a great ride for an investor - look at Luton, Fulham, Brentford etc

Choose the wrong people (and fail to remedy the issue) and you end up like us.

TheGrimRanger

QPR seek new investors on 21:59 - Jul 28 with 7143 viewsBostonR

QPR seek new investors on 20:26 - Jul 28 by ThGrimRanger

I reckon they want out and who'd blame them. They've given it a go for a number of years and it's a very expensive and thankless task.

Get the right people running your club and it can be a great ride for an investor - look at Luton, Fulham, Brentford etc

Choose the wrong people (and fail to remedy the issue) and you end up like us.

I accept your point but apart from the Fulham owner the current owners of Luton and Brentford do not have access to the sort of capital Ruben and Amit can acquire. Benham has wealth estimated at £250M. Ruben now oversees a multi £BN empire.
Absolutely agree that really poor stewardship around on the field matters have been woeful to say the least.
Selling is an option but in my view Ruben and Amit have always been in it for the long-term, hence the on-going funding of £2M per month. I was fortunate to watch our great 70’s team and fans were locked out of LR that season. The club has a brilliant fan base. I’m sure Ruben and Amit can see what’s possible.
If you step back at look it pragmatically there is nothing much the Board can do do affect the football side as FFP restricts that. Their focus is now on the infrastructure and on-boarding some additional investors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024