Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to phone Chelsea.... 13:58 - Jul 30 with 4844 viewsGloucs_R

Hear me out....

Let's be brutally honest, we've got no money and the B squad are a long way off the first team.

We need at least 5 players, who can walk into the first team.... The bar is low!

Is it worth saying to one of the Prem teams... Give us 3/4 of your elite B / Academy squad and we'll play them every week.

Yes, we can't pay them so we'd need to offer game time instead.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:03 - Jul 30 with 4163 viewsNorthernr

Devil's advocate... how'd that go for us last season?
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:09 - Jul 30 with 4123 viewsGloucs_R

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:03 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Devil's advocate... how'd that go for us last season?

I know BUT...

We're desperate...

I'm not convinced we picked the best loans out there.

4 players from the same club may (may!!) have that bond already in place.

How does the loan market work these days? Do feeder teams still exist?

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:10 - Jul 30 with 4120 viewsDannyPaddox

Doing this is one of the (many) reasons we are where we are now.
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:12 - Jul 30 with 4112 viewsGloucs_R

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:10 - Jul 30 by DannyPaddox

Doing this is one of the (many) reasons we are where we are now.

And if we wasn't absolutely desperate and having to put players who wouldn't get into the Gloucester City team into our squad, I wouldn't be mentioning it mate. Sad times 😟

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:14 - Jul 30 with 4096 viewsNorthernr

I do agree with you that in our current state the loan market is going to have to play a role somewhere.
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:20 - Jul 30 with 4037 viewsDannyPaddox

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:12 - Jul 30 by Gloucs_R

And if we wasn't absolutely desperate and having to put players who wouldn't get into the Gloucester City team into our squad, I wouldn't be mentioning it mate. Sad times 😟

I get the reasoning and we are desperate with a capital D-cup so maybe a couple of lads from the same reserves who know each other is worth trying but if we’re going to football hell we’re going to football hell let’s not turn into Chelscum’s feeder club on the way.
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:24 - Jul 30 with 4012 viewsGloucs_R

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:20 - Jul 30 by DannyPaddox

I get the reasoning and we are desperate with a capital D-cup so maybe a couple of lads from the same reserves who know each other is worth trying but if we’re going to football hell we’re going to football hell let’s not turn into Chelscum’s feeder club on the way.

Id settle for Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Utd.... 😁

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:25 - Jul 30 with 4002 viewsPunteR

Chelsea would give us their worse injury prone players with gambling habits they could dig out of their vast squad .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:40 - Jul 30 with 3936 viewsGloucs_R

For the record... Chelsea was just my clickbait headliner 😉😁

I've been taking tips from the Twitterarti...

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:49 - Jul 30 with 3858 viewsgazza1

After yesterday's debacle we have to use the loan market but we need to sign hungry young professionals that want to play football in difficult circumstances.....they need to understand and we do not need any more LB's!!!

We need a striker, CM and CB .....we need more but that would be a good start.
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:50 - Jul 30 with 3858 viewsterryb

I believe there is a limit of how many players you can loan from one club, so that would stop the idea of multiple loans from C*****a etc.
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:52 - Jul 30 with 3850 viewsNortholt_Rs

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:24 - Jul 30 by Gloucs_R

Brentford?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:56 - Jul 30 with 3819 viewsjoe90

Glasgow Rangers? We have trustworthy connections up there…
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 15:11 - Jul 30 with 3760 viewsGloucs_R

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:52 - Jul 30 by Northolt_Rs

Brentford?

Joking aside, I bet they've got a few decent players in their B squad..

No, not Beckham before anyone mentions him!!
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 15:12]

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 15:15 - Jul 30 with 3736 viewsDejR_vu

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:24 - Jul 30 by Gloucs_R

With this lot in charge, they’d phone Brentford.

Edit: great minds Northolt 😏
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 15:16]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 15:30 - Jul 30 with 3669 viewsdistortR

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:52 - Jul 30 by Northolt_Rs

Brentford?

Ouch.
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 15:30 - Jul 30 with 3672 viewsChurchie

At least Aaran Drewe had some experience and Gareth liked him. What's happened to him?
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 15:33 - Jul 30 with 3635 viewsQPRSteve

We need to look non-league and find another Stuart Wardley. One of the worst players I've ever seen in the hoops but scored 14 goals in a season for us.
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 16:00 - Jul 30 with 3503 viewswesty

Ridiculous how we haven’t got a link into these clubs already.
West Ham u18 manager is Kevin Keen son of the late great Mike Keen so I’m sure would be interested in helping to strikie up a partnership where it works for both parties. U23 manager Steve Potts has just seen his 19 y/o son leave for Wycombe Wanderers on a year long loan. These are the sorts of players we should be looking for and aiding in their natural progression whilst helping our plight too. Cannot believe we are not being more proactive in this market with so many prem clubs nearby.
Instead waiting until no more offers for the dregs to think they are coming to our rescue. We need hungry talent looking to progress their careers not has been journeymen who are on a final pay check. Players who are able and willing to self motivate and look forward to going into work everyday.
We’ve got this amazing training facility, time to put that into good use and benefit.
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 18:24 - Jul 30 with 3130 viewsderbyhoop

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:14 - Jul 30 by Northernr

I do agree with you that in our current state the loan market is going to have to play a role somewhere.

A significant role?
I'd be surprised if nobody has put out feelers. We will have to wait until PL teams have named their squads. Half the clubs in PL are too busy, ATM, playing lucrative friendlies in far flung destinations.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 09:46 - Jul 31 with 2830 viewsA40Bosh

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 18:24 - Jul 30 by derbyhoop

A significant role?
I'd be surprised if nobody has put out feelers. We will have to wait until PL teams have named their squads. Half the clubs in PL are too busy, ATM, playing lucrative friendlies in far flung destinations.

and that's the truth.

Posters come on here every hear complaining that we leave it until transfer deadline day to do any proper business. Well at least GA has tried to start the process a bit earlier, but the dribble of players coming through the door so far point to how strapped we are.

Someone pointed out above that there were better loans available last year, there may have been better players out there being sent out on loan, but they would not have been 'available' to us.

What now worries me is that any budget that might have been squirreled away on a freebie or two on low wages or a couple of loans without loan fees, will now have to be diverted on to a senior, experienced championship CB if it looks like Jimmy Dunne could be out for even 3-4 weeks.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 13:21 - Jul 31 with 2649 viewsthemodfather

like many seasons before, we will need loanees, some may do a job others enjoy the holiday from their home club. unless we get serious investment asap, we need to source bargains or loans . who'd be a DOF lol!
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:21 - Jul 31 with 2512 viewsBklynRanger

I was expecting to add to a healthy number of down votes for this post!

I think that would have been the case in normal times, but the fact that there aren't any at all shows depressed everyone is about the current state of things.
Time to phone Chelsea.... on 14:54 - Jul 31 with 2446 viewsDorse

The only reason to ever phone Chelsea is to prank call them. Put on a dodgy accent and say you're interested in buying the place.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Time to phone Chelsea.... on 18:59 - Aug 1 with 2144 viewsdaveB

I thought loans were the problem last year? Now they are the solution?
Blimey
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024