Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who replaces... 08:37 - Aug 14 with 3267 viewsGloucs_R

Sinclair and Smyth is they get injured?

Uncle is nowhere near good enough anymore.
Dixon-Bonner... Still trying to work out what his best position is..
Kelman.... Doesn't look championship standard, yet.
Larkeche?
Richards....I wonder if watching Armstrong might give him some motivation...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Who replaces... on 09:30 - Aug 14 with 3165 viewsfrancisbowles

I think we all know that we need a rib and a striker as a minimum.
Who replaces... on 09:31 - Aug 14 with 3156 viewssparkey

I see bits of pieces of DIxon-Bonner which look good, such as his assist in pre-season - he could yet come good.

Uncs unfortunately past it and Richards looks half-arsed.

Depth is definitely a worry but hopefully will get a couple more in before the window shuts.

First XI keeps us up in this division comfortably, it is what replaces them is the issue.
Who replaces... on 09:35 - Aug 14 with 3133 viewssprocket

What kind of team will he put out against Norwich?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 9:35]
Who replaces... on 10:02 - Aug 14 with 3060 viewsLblock

Richards and motivation in the same sentence

How bizarre

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Who replaces... on 10:20 - Aug 14 with 2961 viewsdmm

Who replaces... on 09:30 - Aug 14 by francisbowles

I think we all know that we need a rib and a striker as a minimum.

Well, I suppose it is barbeque season.
Who replaces... on 17:28 - Aug 14 with 2695 viewsGloucs_R

Love to know why someone posted down 🤣

Who replaces... on 17:48 - Aug 14 with 2634 viewsfrancisbowles

Who replaces... on 17:28 - Aug 14 by Gloucs_R

If you click in between the arrows, on the -1, you can find out who someone was.
Who replaces... on 18:01 - Aug 14 with 2558 viewssimmo

Well I think Smyth could be a good option as the advanced striker, he has the pace and work rate, I'm not sure we'll see him play RWB if we get an actual full back to play there - likely on loan.

Other than that Kelman is an emergency 3rd, but we're looking at Jay Stansfield on loan apparently, which would be great. Other PL striker loans will def be looked at nearer the end of the month.

I think if we make a sale, we'll sign a CB, and then loan a RB and ST. Without moving anyone on for a fee, it'll probably just be a striker loan and we'll try and survive with Kakay/Gubbins until Dunne is back

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Who replaces... on 18:05 - Aug 14 with 2550 viewsEsox_Lucius

Who replaces... on 17:28 - Aug 14 by Gloucs_R

I was one. We have just had an encouraging win and there you are probing around for something negative. If you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing. Ring a bell?

The grass is always greener.

Who replaces... on 18:10 - Aug 14 with 2535 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Can we not talk this into existence, please. They're not injured, let's keep it that way.
Who replaces... on 19:35 - Aug 14 with 2435 viewsGloucs_R

Who replaces... on 18:05 - Aug 14 by Esox_Lucius

I was one. We have just had an encouraging win and there you are probing around for something negative. If you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing. Ring a bell?

Not sure what's negative about asking a "what if" scenario?

I'm really hoping ( as I've mentioned on numerous other threads) some of the fringe players step up this year.

Who replaces... on 19:40 - Aug 14 with 2426 viewsGloucs_R

Who replaces... on 18:01 - Aug 14 by simmo

Well I think Smyth could be a good option as the advanced striker, he has the pace and work rate, I'm not sure we'll see him play RWB if we get an actual full back to play there - likely on loan.

Other than that Kelman is an emergency 3rd, but we're looking at Jay Stansfield on loan apparently, which would be great. Other PL striker loans will def be looked at nearer the end of the month.

I think if we make a sale, we'll sign a CB, and then loan a RB and ST. Without moving anyone on for a fee, it'll probably just be a striker loan and we'll try and survive with Kakay/Gubbins until Dunne is back

Think we could find out against Norwich on Weds what the other options are like.

Wrap Sinclair and Smyth up in Cotton wool and 🤞 they last the season without any injuries.

The loan market, if we have enough money, will be very interesting this season.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 19:40]

Who replaces... on 05:12 - Aug 15 with 2091 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Who replaces... on 19:35 - Aug 14 by Gloucs_R

Not sure what's negative about asking a "what if" scenario?

I'm really hoping ( as I've mentioned on numerous other threads) some of the fringe players step up this year.

It's the hypothetical scenario itself that's negative. Why not contemplate 'what if' they score 20 goals between them this season instead?
Who replaces... on 06:22 - Aug 15 with 2056 viewsGloucs_R

Who replaces... on 05:12 - Aug 15 by Benny_the_Ball

It's the hypothetical scenario itself that's negative. Why not contemplate 'what if' they score 20 goals between them this season instead?

Supporting Rangers for over 40 years has made me slightly pessimistic 😉

Who replaces... on 08:06 - Aug 15 with 1964 viewsDejR_vu

Who replaces... on 09:35 - Aug 14 by sprocket

What kind of team will he put out against Norwich?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 9:35]

If there was ever a season we can’t afford injuries, it’s this one. He should put the 23’s, or whatever we’re calling them now, out.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Who replaces... on 08:21 - Aug 15 with 1944 viewsGloucs_R

Who replaces... on 08:06 - Aug 15 by DejR_vu

If there was ever a season we can’t afford injuries, it’s this one. He should put the 23’s, or whatever we’re calling them now, out.

Fitness and fringe.....

Don't risk anyone we don't have to.

Who replaces... on 08:41 - Aug 15 with 1921 viewshubble

Who replaces... on 18:05 - Aug 14 by Esox_Lucius

Are people really so fragile that a very reasonable question is downvoted on the basis of what is basically a form of superstition: 'don't say anything negative and mox the vibes'? Come on.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Who replaces... on 09:00 - Aug 15 with 1882 viewsEsox_Lucius

Who replaces... on 08:41 - Aug 15 by hubble

Are people really so fragile that a very reasonable question is downvoted on the basis of what is basically a form of superstition: 'don't say anything negative and mox the vibes'? Come on.

Nothing to do with fragility, you have known me long enough to know better than that, all to do with commenting on a mind set. As was pointed out, why not speculate on whether our strikers will all hit double figures this season?
It's the relentless criticism during a bad spell that irks me, from people who couldn't even kick a ball mostly. An example the other day was a comment that all our players are shit, a wild hyperbolic that isn't even remotely true.
"What would happen if the sub structure under the ground collapsed and we were forced to play elsewhere?"
"Does Rayan Kolli look like he could be the next Hoops superstar?"
Both speculative themes, one is designed to shine a ray of hope.

The grass is always greener.

Who replaces... on 09:10 - Aug 15 with 1847 viewsStanFan

I think the OP asks a perfectly reasonable question. Actually an important one that GA needs to be thinking about. We saw on Saturday that they couldn't last 90 minutes and we know that they have both been injury-prone. And most of all we saw that we missed them badly when they went off.
Who replaces... on 09:19 - Aug 15 with 1793 viewsWatford_Ranger

I guess Kakay could be shifted to that sort of hybrid RWB role if we have enough centre-halves. To keep Armstrong fit he probably can’t do every match but you could play Smyth there as a different sort of outlet. I expect we’ll get some sort of forward on loan.

But yeah just keep fingers crossed we don’t need to find out.
Who replaces... on 10:18 - Aug 15 with 1725 viewsfrancisbowles

I don't think it was a negative post. It was a bit more like stating the obvious. We are short at rb and striker. We know it, GA and Dobbo know it, Lee Hoos has been told and we are looking for a few bob to try and get a couple in.
Who replaces... on 16:41 - Aug 15 with 1535 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Who replaces... on 10:18 - Aug 15 by francisbowles

I don't think it was a negative post. It was a bit more like stating the obvious. We are short at rb and striker. We know it, GA and Dobbo know it, Lee Hoos has been told and we are looking for a few bob to try and get a couple in.

We're short everywhere. You could ask the same hypothetical question for half the squad.

I'd understand asking who replaces Chair and Willock if they leave. That would be a more pertinent question.
Who replaces... on 16:44 - Aug 15 with 1519 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Who replaces... on 06:22 - Aug 15 by Gloucs_R

Supporting Rangers for over 40 years has made me slightly pessimistic 😉

Understandable. Stick with it as who replaces you if you leave? Loyal support is at a premium in the modern era.
Who replaces... on 18:04 - Aug 15 with 1396 viewsGloucs_R

Who replaces... on 16:44 - Aug 15 by Benny_the_Ball

Understandable. Stick with it as who replaces you if you leave? Loyal support is at a premium in the modern era.

Harder to keep my lads interested these days after the last few seasons.

Rugby has a large pull in this part of the world.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024