Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt 11:06 - Aug 15 with 3215 viewsstantheman10

The Irish guy that Sinclair Armstrong gave his shirt to after the Cardiff game got in touch with Sinclair and asked him if he wanted it back as he had scored his first league goal in it. This was Sinclairs reply to him ' Keep it! I don't just give my jersey to people for no reason. I'll remember my fist QPR goal forever, but seeing the reaction you had to getting my jersey made my afternoon. It's all good Mr. Finnegan, God bless you'.
It looks like we could well have found ourselves a proper humble, respectful footballer.
If he could go any higher in my estimation he's certainly achieved.
Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 11:07 - Aug 15 with 3187 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beat that for class.

Thanks for posting, stan.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 11:10 - Aug 15 with 3144 viewsSnipper

I saw that on the Irish Rs facebook page.

Respect to them both.
Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 11:10 - Aug 15 with 3138 viewsstantheman10

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 11:07 - Aug 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Beat that for class.

Thanks for posting, stan.

It came from Mr. Finnegans post on the Irish R's Facebook page
Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 11:18 - Aug 15 with 3059 viewssparkey

We have a gem
Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 11:26 - Aug 15 with 2979 viewsHayesender

Lovely fella is Declan, and so it seems is young Sinclair

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 11:26 - Aug 15 with 2980 viewsRs_Holy

the very first picture I saw of Sinclair was this one...

My first thought was ... 'he looks like a bit of a bellend'...

Not for the first time in my life I was utterly wrong... Really looking forward to seeing him play on Saturday.
Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 11:37 - Aug 15 with 2916 viewsNorthernr

Fair play to Declan for making that offer as well. I did have the thought that Sinclair might regret not keeping hold of it once he'd calmed down. Good people all round.
Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 11:56 - Aug 15 with 2815 viewswombat

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 11:37 - Aug 15 by Northernr

Fair play to Declan for making that offer as well. I did have the thought that Sinclair might regret not keeping hold of it once he'd calmed down. Good people all round.

do we take the risk of giving him a new deal now just in case he starts banging them in this season ?#

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 12:37 - Aug 15 with 2545 viewsQPROslo

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 11:56 - Aug 15 by wombat

do we take the risk of giving him a new deal now just in case he starts banging them in this season ?#

Definitely for me. He made a big step up Saturday. If he continues like that for a few games it will get noticed.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 13:26]
Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 13:08 - Aug 15 with 2394 viewsMedwayR

I presume once we've moved some on bringing in some cash and the transfer window closes we might be looking at new contracts for a few including Armstrong.

Poll: Who’s better?

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 13:19 - Aug 15 with 2311 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 13:08 - Aug 15 by MedwayR

I presume once we've moved some on bringing in some cash and the transfer window closes we might be looking at new contracts for a few including Armstrong.

It'll be too late then. He'll have scored two dozen goals by then.

And we'll be out of shirts.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 13:21 - Aug 15 with 2302 viewsslmrstid

Not to be a spoilsport but don't the teams usually change their shirts at half time anyway? So his first half shirt would still be in his/QPR's possession somewhere and it was the second half one given away?

They certainly used to get through 2 shirts per match anyway, I remember doing a stadium tour long ago that had them all hooked up in the dressing rooms.

May not be like that anymore, and lovely gesture from Sinclair anyway. Just a thought that it may not all be lost for him!
Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 14:06 - Aug 15 with 2146 viewsRs_Holy

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 13:21 - Aug 15 by slmrstid

Not to be a spoilsport but don't the teams usually change their shirts at half time anyway? So his first half shirt would still be in his/QPR's possession somewhere and it was the second half one given away?

They certainly used to get through 2 shirts per match anyway, I remember doing a stadium tour long ago that had them all hooked up in the dressing rooms.

May not be like that anymore, and lovely gesture from Sinclair anyway. Just a thought that it may not all be lost for him!

that's over £100 worth of shirt... no wonder the club is skint!
Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 14:20 - Aug 15 with 2074 viewsHunterhoop

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 14:06 - Aug 15 by Rs_Holy

that's over £100 worth of shirt... no wonder the club is skint!

I imagine they cost about £5 to actually manufacture at absolute tops, probably less. Then the maker has his margin, then the club make theirs.
Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 14:47 - Aug 15 with 1944 viewsLongsufferingR

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 14:20 - Aug 15 by Hunterhoop

I imagine they cost about £5 to actually manufacture at absolute tops, probably less. Then the maker has his margin, then the club make theirs.

I'm pretty sure the players get charged by the club for any shirts they give away.
Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 16:30 - Aug 15 with 1680 viewsA40Bosh

Update on Sinclairs matchday shirt on 11:26 - Aug 15 by Rs_Holy

the very first picture I saw of Sinclair was this one...

My first thought was ... 'he looks like a bit of a bellend'...

Not for the first time in my life I was utterly wrong... Really looking forward to seeing him play on Saturday.

First time I saw him in the flesh was at Wealdstone friendly ahead of last season. My Fulham mate was laughing at him after a couple of minutes and said "Christ, he is going to kill someone before the end of the game". I had to point out that he was only just turned 19 a few weeks back and I would say he is still "raw". Will be sending my mate the clip of his assist for Paal's goal, as he has come a long way since that Wealdstone friendly.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024