Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This year's team photo 17:12 - Sep 27 with 8542 viewsNorthernr

Sans our most expensive summer signing

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/september/27/gallery-2324-team-photo/

This post has been edited by an administrator
This year's team photo on 10:35 - Sep 29 with 1013 viewsnumptydumpty

This year's team photo on 07:38 - Sep 29 by Northernr

The Dele Alli thing just gnaws away at me with this, because lots of Souness type pundits were queueing up to kick that lad, and then lo and behold it turns out he's been sexually abused as a kid among many many other things and I bet they wish they'd kept their gobs shut. We don't know what's going on behind closed doors. There may be all sorts of issues here, so it's better to tread carefully with comments rather than look like a dick further down the line if details emerge or worse.

That said, I didn't think it was a particularly clever thing for somebody who's supposed to be struggling to cope with grief to fill his Instagram with pictures of him and his mates pising about in some ridiculously high end West End boutique have a fcking whale of a time, trying and buying clothes that cost as much as my car, on a Saturday afternoon when he was meant to be playing for the team that pays him that money away at Middlesbrough. I notice with interest that somebody somewhere has got hold of him and told him to take that sht down as well - just two pics of him playing for Brighton reserves on there now.

Grief's a terrible thing, and we deal with it terribly in this country. When my dad went the counsellors, Macmillan nurses and my school got in my mum's ear about the importance of "normality". Clive needs normality, he needs routine. The fcking school had a vested interest because it was a shthole at the bottom of its league tables and they wanted my Year 9 SAT results (vital stuff) to help them out. Taking a miserable and bereaved little boy, and forcing him back somewhere that he was miserable int he first place. I needed taking out. Just call it, in March, take me out of school, fck the SATs, we'll start again in September, maybe in a new school. Because I was bereft, there was nothing left of me. I needed taking on a long holiday, not putting back in there. IT's made me angry, bitter, and with real issues around authority and people telling me what to do, even now 20 years later.

So part of me thinks if that is what's happening here, and they've just taken him out of the line of fire because he can't cope with it, then I've got a lot of empathy with that. But, on the other hand, not being required to do any work while pulling in thousands a week is not a luxury that's afforded to any of the rest of us in grief in this country. They didn't even give me the week off between the death and the bloody funeral. I've also got pretty low tolerance for people using death and grief as an excuse for their own failings.

In the end, like I say, we've no real idea what's going on here, other than the way we structured that deal means we've spent money we don't have on a player this manager wouldn't have signed in a billion years.

Yes my girlfriend s ex partner died at 36 but girlfriends daughter was home schooled for a year so maybe thats improving a little. Awful situation though Clive. Totally get that.

Mental health can cause people no end of troubles and they will react strangely at times and at times though be completely incapacitated ie hardly able.to leave their beds

Worked in and around it for many years

Was working for a mental health employer liason service twenty years ago and had a guy with bipolar who was too ill to work.

Was on £100k a year working for Microsoft and Microsoft back then were.very unusual in that they provided him to be on three quarters pay.

He was off sick for two years on £75k both years and then left at the end of those two years. I don't think he worked again though.

There should be law that after period people on same SSP that others are on. Potentially first few months at reasonable cost in accordance to salary but the.rules and what he gets paid and for the visibility of the job, he will get people slating online, which can understand.

The rules around sick pay should be normalised so whatever profession or whoever you work for and whatever salary that it kicks in to SSP at some point.

Madness of the football world

But I personally cannot demonise the player. It makes his mental health even more challenging. But it's the system as it is currently.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 10:39]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

This year's team photo on 16:29 - Sep 29 with 771 viewsWelsh_Ranger

This year's team photo on 05:22 - Sep 28 by priceyparkrangers

It’s clear from the Richard Dobson interview that this guy has no intention of getting himself right.

He’s stealing 15k a week from our club and you want him wrapped in cotton wool.

What did Dobbo say in the interview?
This year's team photo on 10:15 - Sep 30 with 524 viewssilverbirch

This year's team photo on 10:35 - Sep 29 by numptydumpty

Yes my girlfriend s ex partner died at 36 but girlfriends daughter was home schooled for a year so maybe thats improving a little. Awful situation though Clive. Totally get that.

Mental health can cause people no end of troubles and they will react strangely at times and at times though be completely incapacitated ie hardly able.to leave their beds

Worked in and around it for many years

Was working for a mental health employer liason service twenty years ago and had a guy with bipolar who was too ill to work.

Was on £100k a year working for Microsoft and Microsoft back then were.very unusual in that they provided him to be on three quarters pay.

He was off sick for two years on £75k both years and then left at the end of those two years. I don't think he worked again though.

There should be law that after period people on same SSP that others are on. Potentially first few months at reasonable cost in accordance to salary but the.rules and what he gets paid and for the visibility of the job, he will get people slating online, which can understand.

The rules around sick pay should be normalised so whatever profession or whoever you work for and whatever salary that it kicks in to SSP at some point.

Madness of the football world

But I personally cannot demonise the player. It makes his mental health even more challenging. But it's the system as it is currently.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 10:39]

So, you think companies should be prevented from looking after their sick employees?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024