Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. 15:51 - Oct 3 with 4659 viewsSnipper

Non QPR, but still football related.

What’s your opinion about the disallowed Liverpool goal vs Tottenham last Saturday?

I’ve seen and heard loads about it, and it’s been a clusterfúck from the beginning.

I don’t for one minute think that the VAR & assistant VAR thought the goal had been given. Unless they’re absolute idiots, there’s no way that they didn’t know play had restarted with a Tottenham free kick halfway in their own half.

Liverpool have also handled it badly. They’ve stopped short of actually asking for the match to be replayed, but are asking for it if you read between the lines.

Of course, if the bloody linesman had kept his flag down in the first place, this wouldn’t have happened.

Saying all this, it’s actually funny that it’s happened to Liverpool.
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 15:54 - Oct 3 with 3169 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I didn't see it, but I'm 100% it was the correct decision to disallow a Liverpool goal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 15:56 - Oct 3 with 3151 viewsNorthernr

VAR was always going to be sht, and it is. Get rid of it.
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 15:56 - Oct 3 with 3148 viewsMedwayR

I think VAR presumed it had been given as that's the usual protocol. However, the check was very quick and not carried out in the usual way. I can't quite work out what's gone on but it's a massive f*ck up and means we'll never hear the end of it from Klopp & Liverpool fans.

The VAR check of the Brighton goal at the weekend was bizarre too, took a long time to check for offside even though the ball wasn't played forwards so the offside was irrelevant.

Part of me thinks they're trying to self-sabotage and make VAR so unreliable that we have to get rid of it.

Poll: Who’s better?

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:14 - Oct 3 with 3041 viewsRangers67

I have no problem with VAR as such , the problem is the idiots in the control room . As we have seen only to well these are the same people who week in week out make it their business to turn us over and all with the backing of the FA and the football league. Is anyone surprised it is a massive cock up. Why they do not allow ex players in for advice or why they rejected the VAR 3D offside system being used on the continent is beyond me..
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:16 - Oct 3 with 3027 viewsterryb

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 15:56 - Oct 3 by MedwayR

I think VAR presumed it had been given as that's the usual protocol. However, the check was very quick and not carried out in the usual way. I can't quite work out what's gone on but it's a massive f*ck up and means we'll never hear the end of it from Klopp & Liverpool fans.

The VAR check of the Brighton goal at the weekend was bizarre too, took a long time to check for offside even though the ball wasn't played forwards so the offside was irrelevant.

Part of me thinks they're trying to self-sabotage and make VAR so unreliable that we have to get rid of it.

You can be offside when the ball is played backwards.

If you're in front of the ball in an offside position & move towards the ball, that is offside whether the ball went backwards or not. I will try to demonstrate what I mean, but I'm not good at this!

EDIT Demonstration didn't work!

[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 16:40]
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:19 - Oct 3 with 3019 viewsNorthernr

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 15:56 - Oct 3 by MedwayR

There was one the other day, forgotten what game it was I was watching, where they spent a good 30 seconds drawing their little crayon lines on the wrong bit, only very belatedly realising they had to play the tape through a bit more. Got away with that one.
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:22 - Oct 3 with 3010 viewsterryb

I find it hard to believe that there is no communication between the match referee & the main VAR person.

At the very least, surely you would say "check completed, goal" or "check completed, offside". I would also expect the referee to have said "check the goal for offside, it has been disallowed on the pitch."
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:27 - Oct 3 with 2989 viewsMick_S

Sorry folks, I lost interest in all the tv analysing because its not Rangers. Very lazy, I know, but should the goal have stood?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:40 - Oct 3 with 2950 viewsJuzzie

It was a goal. The VAR people fcked up, again.

People/they have said that most are done right but 'most' is not good enough.
I thought it was meant to eradicate incorrect decisions.

Referee's got 'most' right.

So, if there's no difference to referee's getting 'most' right' and VAR getting 'most' right then bloody well ditch VAR and let's just go back to how it was until they can come up with something else that actually works properly.

[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 19:04]
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:46 - Oct 3 with 2899 viewsterryb

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:27 - Oct 3 by Mick_S

Sorry folks, I lost interest in all the tv analysing because its not Rangers. Very lazy, I know, but should the goal have stood?

Last night was a classic previewing Fulham against The Pensioners. 95% of the discussion was about the visitors!

Mind you, if Manchester United were playing Fulham, 100% would have been more likely!
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:47 - Oct 3 with 2884 viewsstevec

Apparently, Liverpool have requested the audio.

‘Do you reckon it’s offside?’
‘Nah, but I hate those Scouse cnts, let’s say it is anyway’
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:50 - Oct 3 with 2883 viewsMick_S

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:47 - Oct 3 by stevec

Apparently, Liverpool have requested the audio.

‘Do you reckon it’s offside?’
‘Nah, but I hate those Scouse cnts, let’s say it is anyway’

I live near Stockley Park, Steve. Surprised I haven’t seen you on the way to work 😂

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 17:00 - Oct 3 with 2866 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:14 - Oct 3 by Rangers67

I have no problem with VAR as such , the problem is the idiots in the control room . As we have seen only to well these are the same people who week in week out make it their business to turn us over and all with the backing of the FA and the football league. Is anyone surprised it is a massive cock up. Why they do not allow ex players in for advice or why they rejected the VAR 3D offside system being used on the continent is beyond me..

This!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 17:39 - Oct 3 with 2764 viewsManinBlack

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:46 - Oct 3 by terryb

Last night was a classic previewing Fulham against The Pensioners. 95% of the discussion was about the visitors!

Mind you, if Manchester United were playing Fulham, 100% would have been more likely!

I think that was always going to be the case with Lampard as a studio guest and his Chelsea connection.
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 17:39 - Oct 3 with 2763 viewsdaveB

The biggest problem with VAR is the people using it
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 17:46 - Oct 3 with 2740 viewsjoe90

Obviously this is the most outrageous VAR mistake ever, it's Liverpool, everything means more. Just listen to Schwarzenegger...

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 17:46 - Oct 3 with 2737 viewsAntti_Heinola

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 16:14 - Oct 3 by Rangers67

Ex-players?
You mean the ones that turn up on talksport or the like?
You get 2 pundits on TV and they can't agree with each other on things like the Jones red card. Chucking them in that cauldron would be like just chucking petrol... on the... cauldron. *metaphor completed*

Bare bones.

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 17:46 - Oct 3 with 2731 viewsHayesender

Whinging whining mickey mousers. Maybe Wolves should get a replay for last seasons Cup game when they had a perfectly good goal disallowed at Anfield?

Fck it, shall we'll go right back and have some of the shocking decisions we had against us at Anfield in the 80's and 90's overturned

Horrible club, horrible fans, horrible manager. Fck em

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 17:51 - Oct 3 with 2724 viewsAntti_Heinola

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 17:46 - Oct 3 by Hayesender

Whinging whining mickey mousers. Maybe Wolves should get a replay for last seasons Cup game when they had a perfectly good goal disallowed at Anfield?

Fck it, shall we'll go right back and have some of the shocking decisions we had against us at Anfield in the 80's and 90's overturned

Klopp is one of the nastiest pieces of work I've ever seen in football. An absolute, Grade A pr!ck. Ask him slightly the wrong thing and he goes mental. Sorry if you don't like the questions mate, but that's your job - the reason you're paid millions of pounds is because everyone watches this league on the telly. So have some grace in defeat and a bit more class in victory, or go manage in a league no one watches where you can just talk to a fawning in-house journalist.

Bare bones.

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 18:30 - Oct 3 with 2633 viewspaulparker

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 17:46 - Oct 3 by Hayesender

Totally this
Hate Sniverpool with a passion

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 18:33 - Oct 3 with 2624 viewspaulparker

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 17:51 - Oct 3 by Antti_Heinola

Klopp is one of the nastiest pieces of work I've ever seen in football. An absolute, Grade A pr!ck. Ask him slightly the wrong thing and he goes mental. Sorry if you don't like the questions mate, but that's your job - the reason you're paid millions of pounds is because everyone watches this league on the telly. So have some grace in defeat and a bit more class in victory, or go manage in a league no one watches where you can just talk to a fawning in-house journalist.

You can also add that inane grinning he does when a lower ranked team has the audacity to score against his world beaters

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 18:37 - Oct 3 with 2609 viewsPaddyhoops

The guy had one job? It was rank incompetence.
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 18:42 - Oct 3 with 2595 viewsaston_hoop

The audio is dreadful, properly shows up the whole process. If you're going to have these processes, how can they end up with this?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 18:45 - Oct 3 with 2584 viewsRangersw12

Don't understand why they don't have the automatic 3D offside thing they had in the World Cup
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 18:50 - Oct 3 with 2575 viewsNorthernr

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 18:42 - Oct 3 by aston_hoop

The audio is dreadful, properly shows up the whole process. If you're going to have these processes, how can they end up with this?

That audio is absolutely hilarious. I mean we all knew standards were in the bin but my God.

The only one who sounds anyway vaguely competent is the boy in charge of rolling the replays in.

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024