Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four Year Plan 10:59 - Oct 4 with 1660 viewsTheChef

Sky have been reshowing it this week, caught some of it the other night.

The stars really aligned for us in that Championship season; arguably mainly because Flav and Bern took a step back, allowing Bhatia and Saksena to let Warnock get on with the job (Warnock arguably wouldn't have let them interfere anyway!).

Probably the biggest sliding doors moment is Briatore refusing to sell his majority shareholding to Bhatia (Mittal). Sold to Fernandes instead

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Four Year Plan on 11:08 - Oct 4 with 1625 viewsJuzzie

I still love the way it's sold that the Four Year Plan was to get back in the Prem.

I distinctly remember when Briatore first came on the pitch with microphone in hand, he announced it was a 4 year plan to get us into the Champions League, which was met with much laughter.
Four Year Plan on 11:08 - Oct 4 with 1625 viewsTomS

I watched it last night once again for the first time in a while. I picked up from that phone call that Briatore wouldn't sell 17% of his shares to the Mittal family, which would have given them 50%.

I can understand why Bernie and Flavio sold out when they had the opportunity. They finally realised that the only way to make a small fortune from owning a football club is to start off with a large fortune.
Four Year Plan on 11:12 - Oct 4 with 1606 viewsTheChef

Four Year Plan on 11:08 - Oct 4 by TomS

I watched it last night once again for the first time in a while. I picked up from that phone call that Briatore wouldn't sell 17% of his shares to the Mittal family, which would have given them 50%.

I can understand why Bernie and Flavio sold out when they had the opportunity. They finally realised that the only way to make a small fortune from owning a football club is to start off with a large fortune.

Question is why though?

Or was he just holding out for a better offer, and then TF came along?

Four Year Plan on 11:13 - Oct 4 with 1600 viewsbosh67

One of the things I remember is Ephraim being the only person to stand up for the team when Briatore was having a go at them, or something like that. He was absolutely bang on but really no one from the team actually backed him up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Four Year Plan on 11:16 - Oct 4 with 1589 viewsTheChef

Four Year Plan on 11:13 - Oct 4 by bosh67

One of the things I remember is Ephraim being the only person to stand up for the team when Briatore was having a go at them, or something like that. He was absolutely bang on but really no one from the team actually backed him up.

Dressing room was at a really low ebb at that point - think just after Paul Hart left?

Probably similar to last season's dressing room!

Four Year Plan on 20:05 - Oct 4 with 1235 viewsJuzzie

Four Year Plan on 11:13 - Oct 4 by bosh67

n/m
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 20:31]
Four Year Plan on 20:30 - Oct 4 with 1185 viewsJuzzie

Four Year Plan on 11:12 - Oct 4 by TheChef

Question is why though?

Or was he just holding out for a better offer, and then TF came along?

Personally I think he’s a vindictive cnt and just didn’t want to sell to the Mittals, especially as they may have done a better job than him and us fans never warmed to him.
For a guy who made a success in the retail business where it’s generally considered the customer is always right, he clearly didn’t have a clue about football fans being the customer.

[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 20:33]
Four Year Plan on 20:37 - Oct 4 with 1153 viewsstevec

Four Year Plan on 11:08 - Oct 4 by Juzzie

I still love the way it's sold that the Four Year Plan was to get back in the Prem.

I distinctly remember when Briatore first came on the pitch with microphone in hand, he announced it was a 4 year plan to get us into the Champions League, which was met with much laughter.

We’re presently in the 9th year of a 10 year plan to get back into League One.
Login to get fewer ads

Four Year Plan on 21:59 - Oct 4 with 1078 viewspaulhoop2

Four Year Plan on 11:16 - Oct 4 by TheChef

Dressing room was at a really low ebb at that point - think just after Paul Hart left?

Probably similar to last season's dressing room!

Paul hart

Now there’s a name to make Clive kick off lol

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Four Year Plan on 22:47 - Oct 4 with 1012 viewsjohnhoop

It’s pretty sad watching the Four Year Plan now because at the time it felt like it had a happy ending but in hindsight we now know it was the beginning of a sh-tshow which has us heading inexorably towards League One.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 22:50]
Four Year Plan on 22:49 - Oct 4 with 988 viewsA40Bosh

Four Year Plan on 22:47 - Oct 4 by johnhoop

It’s pretty sad watching the Four Year Plan now because at the time it felt like it had a happy ending but in hindsight we now know it was the beginning of a sh-tshow which has us heading inexorably towards League One.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 22:50]

I recorded it last night and watched the first half hour - but then got annoyed by Flav and how he made out that knew more than anyone else and was delighted he was proven right with his love of Gavin Mahon - turned it off.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024