Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boycott 11:00 - Oct 22 with 9096 viewsandrew1302

The fans need to get heard. We aren't being. The only way to support the club in my view is to ensure the owners and management know we have had enough of this ineptitude. Ruben has to get to grips with the situation and stop being so nice . For me a boycott of the Leicester game would let everyone know what we think. Not what i would support usually but drastic times call for drastic action and at least i will feel like people know what we think. The alternative is to turn up , watch a drubbing and start booing. I don't think what we have going on is the players fault it is the management from top to bottom and booing isn't going to worry them as much as stands being empty as they will think we are booing the players. GA says he never reads forums so he is completely oblivious of the fans view and a boycott would show him .
Boycott on 11:11 - Oct 22 with 5734 viewsDejR_vu

Totally agree, but judging by most on here, won’t happen.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Boycott on 11:41 - Oct 22 with 5619 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I had been surprised how supportive the home fans have been this season, in terms of buying season and regular tickets. It was pretty clear watching them last season what a shitshow this would be and Saturday looks particularly ominous. For me, the fact that the chairman - supposedly in charge and the one who appointed Ainsworth - would rather play golf than turn up says it all. They deserve the strongest opprobrium but they're receiving tacit approval at the moment.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 11:42]
Boycott on 11:45 - Oct 22 with 5593 viewsRangersw12

Don't think a boycott works as they will just think it fans being fickle rather than a protest

Banners and chanting is more effective imo and shows them how we feel
Boycott on 11:45 - Oct 22 with 5594 viewsNed_Kennedys

Not supporting the team when they are struggling is a rubbish idea.
Fill your boots though.
Boycott on 11:50 - Oct 22 with 5562 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Boycott on 11:45 - Oct 22 by Ned_Kennedys

Fill your boots though.

The chairman can't even be arsed to turn up. Shouldn't he be supporting the team?
Boycott on 11:59 - Oct 22 with 5518 viewsRangersw12

Boycott on 11:50 - Oct 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

The chairman can't even be arsed to turn up. Shouldn't he be supporting the team?

I agree but this is our club not his so we we should turn up if we're able to
Boycott on 12:01 - Oct 22 with 5512 viewsLanhoop

Boycott on 11:50 - Oct 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

Chairmen come and go. We don't. Isn't that how it works?

Boycott's always seem to me to be like toddlers stamping their feet and having a tantrum.

Our players are a mix of not good enough or not playing at their best. Empty seats is hardly going to encourage them to improve. If we don't give a sh1t about turning up why would they?
Boycott on 12:25 - Oct 22 with 5406 viewsWatford_Ranger

I’ll be at Leicester, illogically optimistic for five minutes then grumbling and eventually leaving at 3-0 down as I do most weeks. This is rubbish but we’ve got through worse.
Login to get fewer ads

Boycott on 12:35 - Oct 22 with 5358 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Boycott on 11:45 - Oct 22 by Rangersw12

Don't think a boycott works as they will just think it fans being fickle rather than a protest

Banners and chanting is more effective imo and shows them how we feel

Yes, for me protest is a better idea than boycott provided the protest is done correctly and everyone is in.
Boycott on 12:38 - Oct 22 with 5331 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Boycott on 11:45 - Oct 22 by Ned_Kennedys

Fill your boots though.

It's this sort of attitude that the board is counting on, and will take advantage of by continuing to serve us slop.

The team has been struggling for over a year now with no sign of a plan from the board. The fans have turned up regardless but the team just hasn't responded to that support. There comes a time when you have to say enough is enough, and try something different.
Boycott on 12:38 - Oct 22 with 5335 viewsPeterHucker

What exactly are we protesting for though? What are the aims?
For the owners to sell the club?
That can't happen unless there's someone who wants to buy it.
Boycott on 12:39 - Oct 22 with 5333 viewsQPRConor2000

Maybe a walkout would work, and everyone chants we want our club back or something like that.
Boycott on 12:44 - Oct 22 with 5312 viewsNorthernr

Protest, boycott, fair enough, I completely get the anger.

What I have seen a couple of times though is either a hint, or on Twitter an outright statement, that fans who continue to attend are somehow complicit in what's going on, partly responsible for it, or encouraging more of it and, although I guess I would say this wouldn't I, that can fck all the way off.
Boycott on 13:10 - Oct 22 with 5189 viewsDejR_vu

There’ll never be a unified approach though. Boycott and others say they’re failing to support the team when they need it. Go and ‘boo’ and others will say it’s counter-productive. Demonstrate and others will criticise it as futile.

Most likely outcome is we get a decent crowd, humped, and people start walking out after 65 minutes so there’s barely anyone there by the final whistle (which a certain manager would also be critical of), and they’ll be few boos at the end, which some will criticise.

This will just carry on until it’s natural conclusion.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Boycott on 13:12 - Oct 22 with 5175 viewsNorthernr

Boycott on 13:10 - Oct 22 by DejR_vu

There’ll never be a unified approach though. Boycott and others say they’re failing to support the team when they need it. Go and ‘boo’ and others will say it’s counter-productive. Demonstrate and others will criticise it as futile.

Most likely outcome is we get a decent crowd, humped, and people start walking out after 65 minutes so there’s barely anyone there by the final whistle (which a certain manager would also be critical of), and they’ll be few boos at the end, which some will criticise.

This will just carry on until it’s natural conclusion.

Two guys in front of us at full time yesterday enthusiastically applauded the players off and were giving it "you R's". Each to their own I guess. I think that's mental, somebody else thinks me going yesterday makes me complicit. Like you say, very difficult to get a consensus on something like a boycott.
Boycott on 13:17 - Oct 22 with 5136 viewsRs_Holy

Boycott on 13:12 - Oct 22 by Northernr

Two guys in front of us at full time yesterday enthusiastically applauded the players off and were giving it "you R's". Each to their own I guess. I think that's mental, somebody else thinks me going yesterday makes me complicit. Like you say, very difficult to get a consensus on something like a boycott.

QPR1st talked about stuff like this years ago but the trouble is everyone wants to do something different.
Boycott on 13:17 - Oct 22 with 5133 viewsflynnbo

Loud tutting and a vigorous shaking of the head is what's required.
Boycott on 13:21 - Oct 22 with 5112 viewsgazza1

Do you not think that all of the clubs hierarchy, the coaches, the players, etc actually know that 99.9% of supporters are not pleased with events that are currently happening??

What good do you think a boycott would do?? And likewise what harm & negativity would it do??

Loose our 'paymasters' and we are in the world of unknowns. We need to be as supportive as we can and if not keep stum.
Boycott on 13:25 - Oct 22 with 5087 viewsNed_Kennedys

Boycott on 12:38 - Oct 22 by Benny_the_Ball

It's this sort of attitude that the board is counting on, and will take advantage of by continuing to serve us slop.

The team has been struggling for over a year now with no sign of a plan from the board. The fans have turned up regardless but the team just hasn't responded to that support. There comes a time when you have to say enough is enough, and try something different.

What ‘sort of attitude’ is suggesting a struggling team needs support then?
You honestly think the owners see a reasonable attendance at Loftus Road and take that as a sign the fanbase are happy?
Someone said Ainsworth doesn’t read social media so would have no idea about the angry mood of supporters: this is rubbish as all large organisations have employees whose job it is to deal with social media and there will be regular reports and meetings about it with management.
Boycott on 13:34 - Oct 22 with 5042 viewsted_hendrix

No one will ever agree on a boycott.

In all honesty when your team Is having a bad time of it It's then that you need to support them more than ever.

But sadly times and attitudes have changed, how many times can you keep jumping In your car or on an expensive train to watch basically the same players make the godforsaken same mistakes week after week and all the time the Manager responsible for the players Is telling any fool who'll listen to the Idiot a complete load of mumbling gobbledegook?

My attitude at the moment Is the club can go and fck themselves, the biggest thing for me Is GA still being here at the back end of a two week break when the hierarchy sat on their hands and done nothing, and as far as I can tell nor did Ainsworth or our players.

WBA and Leicester are gonna have It easy and you know It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Boycott on 14:00 - Oct 22 with 4966 viewsRanger_Things

Fill the ground to capacity, stand facing away from the pitch, bounce and sing “Kevin Gallen’s magic”, “Bobby Zamora” and other songs about old players for 90 minutes. That should just about keep everyone happy.
Boycott on 14:15 - Oct 22 with 4915 viewsOldPedro

Boycott on 13:12 - Oct 22 by Northernr

I did notice yesterday at the end, that very few clapped GA when he clapped the away support while some others hurled abuse at him.

Some of the players including Rayan Kolli, came closer to clap the fans and they seemed to get more fans applauding them. Kolli then gave his shirt to a young fan.

I did clap the few players who came close to the away end as I thought some of them deserved it for their efforts. Overall, it seems to me that the set up / formation is our biggest issue, rather than lack of effort from the players.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Boycott on 14:51 - Oct 22 with 4785 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Boycotts you save for owners selling the ground or renaming us Red Bull White City. Wimbledon and Scunthorpe kind of stuff.

Boycotting because your team is shit is petulant and entitled in my opinion. Support should be unconditional for everything short of existential threat.

Calling fans who attend also a shithouse move.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 15:22]
Boycott on 14:57 - Oct 22 with 4763 viewsWatford_Ranger

Boycott on 14:15 - Oct 22 by OldPedro

I did notice yesterday at the end, that very few clapped GA when he clapped the away support while some others hurled abuse at him.

Some of the players including Rayan Kolli, came closer to clap the fans and they seemed to get more fans applauding them. Kolli then gave his shirt to a young fan.

I did clap the few players who came close to the away end as I thought some of them deserved it for their efforts. Overall, it seems to me that the set up / formation is our biggest issue, rather than lack of effort from the players.

I’ve not been going away as much since moving south but for a while did maybe 16-20 aways a season depending on how good/crap we were. Always find the away support overall to be very fair post-match when it’s the hardcore 800 or so and almost always kind on the inexperienced players. The managers and senior players get the brunt of it when things are really going to sht.

Never understood those who schlep hundreds of miles to some awful dross town to see us lose meekly and then clap the players off as enthusiastically as when we’ve ground out a result but they’ve paid their money and time.
Boycott on 15:28 - Oct 22 with 4656 viewsLowerloftLad

It won't change the fact this side is crap.

I'm more surprised people still believe we are "better than this" or that the players we brought in are improvements.

The rest of the league has improved over time and we have been caught out.

This side is going down and that's a fact.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 15:29]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024