Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rowett 19:17 - Oct 25 with 8542 viewsGloucs_R

Being linked on Twitter to us...

Really not sure if his style is what we need. Quite defensively focused isn't he?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 22:02]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rowett on 19:32 - Oct 25 with 6035 viewsRanger_1969

Wouldn't object to that - has a decent track record at championship level. We're clearly struggling to score goals, so maybe start by making us harder to score against? Gotta start somewhere....
Rowett on 19:32 - Oct 25 with 6030 viewsjeffranger

He said he was taking a break from football & to spend more time with his family, so I think that rumour is BS
Rowett on 19:36 - Oct 25 with 5995 viewsCamberleyR

After conceding two goals per game in Ainsworth's tenure, I'd say it's just what we need.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rowett on 20:18 - Oct 25 with 5776 viewsWokingR

Rowett on 19:32 - Oct 25 by jeffranger

He said he was taking a break from football & to spend more time with his family, so I think that rumour is BS

Perhaps he has had 2 weeks at home with his Mrs and is ready to get back to work.
Rowett on 20:21 - Oct 25 with 5756 viewsNorthernr

He is, at least, a grown up. QPR could do with a few of those atm.
Rowett on 20:23 - Oct 25 with 5729 viewsOakR

If true, I'd say it shows our board have done a less than minimal search and gone for a name people know.

We need someone in who understands how to run the football side of things, can have the authority to direct any change, put the right structures in place and then appoint. That doesn't mean a quick appointment (if we make one).

An interim boss would be fine whilst we sort ourselves out, but we can't be handing out another 3-4 year contract on a whim.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Rowett on 20:24 - Oct 25 with 5725 viewsAntti_Heinola

Good manager, but no thanks. Not a fit for us.

Bare bones.

Rowett on 20:25 - Oct 25 with 5715 viewskensalriser

Rowett on 19:36 - Oct 25 by CamberleyR

After conceding two goals per game in Ainsworth's tenure, I'd say it's just what we need.

Is it really only two?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Rowett on 20:30 - Oct 25 with 5683 viewsTK1

Rowett on 20:25 - Oct 25 by kensalriser

Is it really only two?

Really decent manager and good fit for this squad. Would be a massive upgrade, obviously. Not sure he'd come though, probably fancies six months doing some Sky easy money chit-chat and getting fixed up next summer. We (Les) tried to get him before so that may be where this trail leads from.
Rowett on 20:35 - Oct 25 with 5625 viewssilverbirch

Rowett on 19:32 - Oct 25 by jeffranger

I bring my family to QPR.
Rowett (n/t) on 20:40 - Oct 25 with 5583 viewsPaddyhoops

Rowett on 20:43 - Oct 25 with 5532 viewsPaddyhoops

Rowett on 20:25 - Oct 25 by kensalriser

Is it really only two?

Which means we have to score three to win a game which we haven’t done for a year. What a shit show.
I still can’t get my head around how GA still has the job.
Rowett on 21:29 - Oct 25 with 5276 viewsLordPork

Those with longer memories may recall his potential involvement with us some 8-10 years ago.

At the time he was on the rise, since?....well the experience will have done him good I hope.

I've taken a view that the current manager is untenable, I just hope the Board think likewise. Despite his best efforts Ainsworth, and more importantly perhaps his backroom team, have failed to organise the squad in any meaningful way. By that I mean get them to play in any kind of attractive, professional way. ( with the best will in the world, anyone attending the Huddersfield / Blackburn games must be true, real supporters) What we've seen in recent months has been woefully poor. Behind all the "stuff" going on the pitch and the performances, underneath it all there's a squad there capable of so much more.

That surely must be the guiding principle of the Board making a change, are we really this bad, or are we capable of better, I think we are. Is Rowett the person capable enough of making a change of our trajectory? Possibly.
Rowett on 23:05 - Oct 25 with 4860 viewsManinBlack

Rowett on 20:35 - Oct 25 by silverbirch

I think his family are still residing in the Midlands so the question is would he want another job in London or does he hold out for another job closer to home?
Rowett on 05:10 - Oct 26 with 4615 viewskitkev

as far back as our game against norwich, he stated he has been away from family for to long

i cant see him managing away frome home again.

a club closer to midlands will be he's next port of call
Rowett on 06:55 - Oct 26 with 4516 viewsNorthernr

Yes but we shouldn't wish that on others should we? It's not a race to the bottom.
Rowett on 07:27 - Oct 26 with 4444 viewskingsburyR

Cruel cruel bastard

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Rowett on 07:30 - Oct 26 with 4431 viewskingsburyR

Would Luke Williams of Notts County be mental enough to come over?

Can he bring his entire squad with him?

I'm done with the Warnocks and Rowetts of the world.

Whats Alan "Curbs" Curbishley doing these days...or David O'Leary?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Rowett on 08:44 - Oct 26 with 4231 viewsSydneyRs

Rowett is not exactly missed by Millwall fans from what I've seen. Just lazy twitter talk because he happens to not be in a job at present.
Rowett on 10:02 - Oct 26 with 4064 viewsQPunkR

I mean, are we bringing him in to play at the back?

QPR - "shit but local"

Rowett on 10:12 - Oct 26 with 4011 viewsTheChef

Rowett on 20:21 - Oct 25 by Northernr

He is, at least, a grown up. QPR could do with a few of those atm.

Championship experience, sets his teams up well, might actually sort out our bunch of chancers.

I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rowett on 10:39 - Oct 26 with 3931 viewsderbyhoop

You cruel bstard.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rowett on 11:33 - Oct 26 with 3757 viewsaston_hoop

Millwall fan I know said part of wanting to spend more time with his family was a plan to move back to the Midlands. He has already burnt through a few of the jobs he'd have been good for up there though. But I don't think it'll be now

One thing at least, QPR's owners will have heard of him as he's been on our shortlists before!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Rowett on 11:33 - Oct 26 with 3756 viewsQPRConor2000

Rowett for me is far too defensively minded.

We need someone who can get the best out of Chair etc.

For me I feel like we need Warnock till the EOS, and then wait until the summer to make a permanent appointment.

It would be better to wait until the summer, especially as our FFP situation would improve next summer and the fact that we have 14 players out of contract means there is scope for a major rebuild as well.
Rowett on 11:36 - Oct 26 with 3731 viewsRangersw12

Rowett on 11:33 - Oct 26 by QPRConor2000

Rowett for me is far too defensively minded.

We need someone who can get the best out of Chair etc.

For me I feel like we need Warnock till the EOS, and then wait until the summer to make a permanent appointment.

It would be better to wait until the summer, especially as our FFP situation would improve next summer and the fact that we have 14 players out of contract means there is scope for a major rebuild as well.

Problem is we've already spend some of next season's budget on high earners like Cook and Colback
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024