Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? 08:49 - Oct 29 with 5308 viewsHammersmithR

I’m not on Twitter etc. They’re forever posting all random bits. Would be good if the likes of Dunne, Dozzell, Colback etc. who have all let Ainsworth and the club down in recent weeks will at least publicly acknowledge some thanks towards Ainsworth.

I do think our players are just mentally weak and really couldn’t care about the club or the future. When you see players smiling with the opposition players straight after another defeat is galling. You can imagine what the likes of Alex Ferguson would have dealt with them back in the changing room.
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 08:57 - Oct 29 with 5214 viewscolinallcars

Indeed. Even if Neil or whoever gets these players to roll their sleeves up and pull us clear from the bottom, I don't think I could warm to them.
We need in the fullness of time to move as many on as possible.
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 08:58 - Oct 29 with 5215 viewsEsox_Lucius

I think you'll find Ainsworth let the players down with his awful tactics and playing people out of position. We were much better yesterday and I am of the opinion that it was because the players knew he was off and took it upon themselves to play to their strengths. Field is much better as an attacking CDM than he is as a CB.
I am sure the players will make all the right noises but I would be certain too that a number will be happy he is gone. Amit wants an arse kicking for bringing him to the club.

The grass is always greener.

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:01 - Oct 29 with 4734 viewsdaveB

Players have tried for him, they've followed his gameplan every week even yesterday down to 10 men could have just given up but they didn't.
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:15 - Oct 29 with 4656 viewsmart_Goblin

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:01 - Oct 29 by daveB

Players have tried for him, they've followed his gameplan every week even yesterday down to 10 men could have just given up but they didn't.

I saw no lack of effort like I think we did at times for Critchley and I think the players struggled to do want Ainsworth wanted ultimately, if they understood at all.

But some these players have struggled to do some if the simplest tasks on a football field in a very regular basis for nigh on 2 years now. Simple 10 yard passes to each other , tracking simple runners, making angles for other players etc etc etc.

Stuff that at this level a coach or manager shouldn’t have to coach.
They have to take a large portion of blame too
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:19 - Oct 29 with 4617 viewsR_from_afar

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:15 - Oct 29 by mart_Goblin

I saw no lack of effort like I think we did at times for Critchley and I think the players struggled to do want Ainsworth wanted ultimately, if they understood at all.

But some these players have struggled to do some if the simplest tasks on a football field in a very regular basis for nigh on 2 years now. Simple 10 yard passes to each other , tracking simple runners, making angles for other players etc etc etc.

You could add: "Avoiding getting themselves sent off and/or suspended" to your list.

Great post.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:24 - Oct 29 with 4580 viewsFDC

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:25 - Oct 29 with 4580 viewsbaz_qpr

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:15 - Oct 29 by mart_Goblin

That's because they have no coached pattern of play going forward, and are reliant on Mavericks and free play. A well drilled team has a handful of these plays in their pocket and they dont have to think to much about because they are executing it every day. We have had successive managers that have not coached attacking plays
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:26 - Oct 29 with 4566 viewsNortholt_Rs

This. Players have got off lightly with us fans for a long time…. It’s time the heat was turned on them rather than just blaming the manager each time.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:34 - Oct 29 with 4522 viewsloftupper

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:24 - Oct 29 by FDC

Irrespective of who said it, Isn't this pretty much spot on?

You have to have more than 'emptying the tank' and positive thinking.
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:55 - Oct 29 with 4386 viewsRangersw12

Yeah it's spot on but a player shouldn't be endorsing tweets like that and should be showing more respect to his employers

Richards seems an absolute wrong un and will hopefully be fcked off out of the club asap
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 15:09 - Oct 29 with 4257 viewsdaveB

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:55 - Oct 29 by Rangersw12

Yeah it's spot on but a player shouldn't be endorsing tweets like that and should be showing more respect to his employers

Richards seems an absolute wrong un and will hopefully be fcked off out of the club asap

I don't know, fans have said far worse about Ainsworth than liking a tweet saying he should go

I don't think he should be doing it but not overly bothered either
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 17:55 - Oct 29 with 3972 viewsmart_Goblin

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 14:25 - Oct 29 by baz_qpr

That's because they have no coached pattern of play going forward, and are reliant on Mavericks and free play. A well drilled team has a handful of these plays in their pocket and they dont have to think to much about because they are executing it every day. We have had successive managers that have not coached attacking plays

Yeah agreed. Was alluding to this in my first paragraph.

But some of these players have been poor for a long time . You can do the basics right even if the set up is wrong . It’s the difference between fighting for the manager , the badge , the club, self pride ….and allowing another Coach to be chewed up and spat out
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 23:50 - Oct 29 with 3474 viewsBakes

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 23:57 - Oct 29 with 3474 viewsMatch82

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 15:09 - Oct 29 by daveB

I don't know, fans have said far worse about Ainsworth than liking a tweet saying he should go

Bit different though isnt it?

This is a member of the team, actively undermining his boss.
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 01:20 - Oct 30 with 3367 viewsjohnhoop

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 23:57 - Oct 29 by Match82

A “member of the team” who has contributed the square root of f all and been paid very handsomely for doing so.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 1:40]
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 01:20 - Oct 30 with 3372 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 04:21 - Oct 30 with 3287 viewsHoopsie

Said it with a very heavy heart Gareth's tenure had come to such a disappointing end

I think some of the players have had no respect for their manager, like Critchley, and furthermore, Gareth is formerly QPR during a very difficult time (league one) and I don't think the players appreciate this or understand the significance of the 2003-04 promotion from league one 20 years ago, unlike the fans.

Why should they?

Well, Richards, alleged a boyhood QPR fan, who admittedly was about 3 or 4 years old at that time, reacted to the tweeter post in such a disgraceful manner, but who would have at least knew about the legendary 03-04 team, surely should have some respect for his manager?

Well, the 03-04 team just recently had their 20 years reunion, I do wonder if he knew or actually bothered?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 09:42 - Oct 30 with 2818 viewsTeddRanger

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 23:57 - Oct 29 by Match82

Hopefully he'll be done for breach of contract and his time at QPR will be over. Would be best for player and club.

Doubt it'll happen, but you can hope!
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 09:44 - Oct 30 with 2783 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 15:09 - Oct 29 by daveB

Think the least you can expect from someone who's contributed nothing since he's been here is to be similarly invisible on social media.

Fair play to Bergovic.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 9:46]
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 10:00 - Oct 30 with 2636 viewsterryb

Of course it would have been far wiser for him not to have liked the tweet, but should a footballer react any different to any other employed person?

I suspect that there are many on here that have celebrated when there boss was dismissed. I certainly have & more than once!

Stupidity on the part of Richards? Probably.
Normal human reaction? Possibly
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 10:17 - Oct 30 with 2545 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 10:00 - Oct 30 by terryb

Of course it would have been far wiser for him not to have liked the tweet, but should a footballer react any different to any other employed person?

I suspect that there are many on here that have celebrated when there boss was dismissed. I certainly have & more than once!

He posted something negative about Critchley too. Maybe he should think about why managers haven't selected him, particularly considering he's hardly trying to break into the Milan side of the late 1980s/early 1990s.

And yes, we might think and say stuff about our bosses but posting it on social media wouldn't be the wisest move.
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 10:18 - Oct 30 with 2545 viewsHoopsie

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 10:00 - Oct 30 by terryb

I know right

However, people do get the sack from their employment due to their indiscretion on social media

Even if you hated your boss I think you should keep that away from the public domain

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 10:47 - Oct 30 with 2407 views1JD

A big part of the reason Richards hasn’t been able to contribute, is because like Willock, he has just not been picked. Yes, he was injured last season on and off; but this one he has been fit but not selected. Same goes for Willock. Taraabt would never have played under GA either. It’s a classic case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

These types of players need a manager that will recognise their strengths, not their weaknesses. Flair players are match winners. Something, shock, we haven’t been able to do. They haven’t been picked because they won’t run through brick walls. Something they’ve never done and never will. Just not that sort of player.

Which is exactly why Ainsworth wanted cloggers like Josh Scowen and Dominic Gape - a truly awful footballer who has found his level at league 2. And even that is a level too high.

For context, I wrote the following passage when GA was appointed. I had forewarned that he would not play flair players. It’s not really about their attitude. It’s far more about Ainsworth as a manager, what types of player he likes, and the type of player he doesn’t.

“Having watched Wycombe for several years as my local club (often when not at Rangers) here is some real insight into Gareth Ainsworth and what to expect.

GA is;
- always “proud of the players” win, lose or draw- you’ll quickly recognise the trend, and become infuriated with the lack of depth.
- reluctant to play flair players and prefers “workers” instead. Fun fact: Mehmeti was actually benched multiple times, after good performances. Until it became impossible not to play him regularly.
- Prefers to sit back and protect a lead, rather than kill teams off; chooses to protect a lead at 1-0 (where the inevitable happens…) rather than go for the kill of 2-0, 3-0 (ala Warburtons positive kill the game off approach).
- Loves “2 cloggers” in the middle. Sometimes 3.
- Is very direct in approach play, stubborn, lacks tactical nous, and is a motivator rather than a modern day coach.

On the plus side, his teams give their all.

Summary; if you think this sounds extremely like Ian Holloway - you’d be right. He’s an absolute carbon copy.”

The bit about going 1-0 up of course never happened, because we never went ahead, but swap that with the similar risk averse attitude of setting up not to lose, rather than setting up to win. Holloway said he did the exact same thing in the recent reunion and apologised to the squad because of it, and how he would do it completely different if he could go back.

Like Ainsworth, he said he was more scared about the opposition but should have been more focused on his own team, and how to take the game to the opponent and set up to win games.
Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 11:18 - Oct 30 with 2269 viewsslmrstid

Any acknowledgment from any of our hopeless players towards Ainsworth? on 10:47 - Oct 30 by 1JD

A big part of the reason Richards hasn’t been able to contribute, is because like Willock, he has just not been picked. Yes, he was injured last season on and off; but this one he has been fit but not selected. Same goes for Willock. Taraabt would never have played under GA either. It’s a classic case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

These types of players need a manager that will recognise their strengths, not their weaknesses. Flair players are match winners. Something, shock, we haven’t been able to do. They haven’t been picked because they won’t run through brick walls. Something they’ve never done and never will. Just not that sort of player.

Which is exactly why Ainsworth wanted cloggers like Josh Scowen and Dominic Gape - a truly awful footballer who has found his level at league 2. And even that is a level too high.

For context, I wrote the following passage when GA was appointed. I had forewarned that he would not play flair players. It’s not really about their attitude. It’s far more about Ainsworth as a manager, what types of player he likes, and the type of player he doesn’t.

“Having watched Wycombe for several years as my local club (often when not at Rangers) here is some real insight into Gareth Ainsworth and what to expect.

GA is;
- always “proud of the players” win, lose or draw- you’ll quickly recognise the trend, and become infuriated with the lack of depth.
- reluctant to play flair players and prefers “workers” instead. Fun fact: Mehmeti was actually benched multiple times, after good performances. Until it became impossible not to play him regularly.
- Prefers to sit back and protect a lead, rather than kill teams off; chooses to protect a lead at 1-0 (where the inevitable happens…) rather than go for the kill of 2-0, 3-0 (ala Warburtons positive kill the game off approach).
- Loves “2 cloggers” in the middle. Sometimes 3.
- Is very direct in approach play, stubborn, lacks tactical nous, and is a motivator rather than a modern day coach.

On the plus side, his teams give their all.

Summary; if you think this sounds extremely like Ian Holloway - you’d be right. He’s an absolute carbon copy.”

The bit about going 1-0 up of course never happened, because we never went ahead, but swap that with the similar risk averse attitude of setting up not to lose, rather than setting up to win. Holloway said he did the exact same thing in the recent reunion and apologised to the squad because of it, and how he would do it completely different if he could go back.

Like Ainsworth, he said he was more scared about the opposition but should have been more focused on his own team, and how to take the game to the opponent and set up to win games.

Taylor Richards has never shown anything to suggest he has any ability to be a flair winning match player whatsoever.

Taylor Swift would be a better bet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024