Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! 18:53 - Nov 3 with 20321 viewssilky

Anybody connected to him know how's he's doing? In all the managers we've had this one feels so personal.
Absolutely the right decision to let him and Dobbo go regardless of what happens now but genuinely been thinking about how he must be feeling and the state of his mental health.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 08:34 - Nov 5 with 4552 viewsSK_hoops

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 23:44 - Nov 4 by Shev

Bloomfield is doing well with us, and was already a club legend as a player. We also gave him a contract extension this week, the timing of which might have been possibly designed to immediately shut down the idea of GA coming back and pulling the rug out from under Bloomfield.

We tend to be stable with managers - I believe we have had only 12 since 1989, and even with GA being ten years of that, it is still a pretty stable environment. Unless Blooms gets us relegated at some point, it is his job for the foreseeable.

Maybe years down the line we could see GA again, but I am a big believer in looking forward. GA remains an absolute Wycombe legend, despite how it went at QPR, and he will get applauded at Adams Park every time he visits for the rest of his life. I just don't think we need to go back to him as manager.

That's quite impressive, we've had 28 since 1989.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 13:07 - Nov 5 with 4391 viewsJohnMcCo

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 00:08 - Nov 4 by joe90

I have absolutely no sympathy for the people who have chosen to follow this QPR team away. If you can afford it then it’s crass to mention the economic crisis and if you can’t afford it and are getting yourself into debt then you really need to get your priorities right. It’s not loyalty, it’s stupidity, especially if you’ve gone to these away games expecting something different from this team.

If you’re going to travel away then you must be loyal to the nightmare of your choosing.

I do feel a bit sorry for Ainsworth. It’s easy to dismiss someone’s emotional well-being because they’re earning a lot of money. Yes, the football has been awful, but this squad of graft dodgers are the ones we should be pointing our fingers at. Tactics aside, they’ve put in so many bad performances that in any other job would had them performance managed out of the door!

I’m very interested to see how they respond to Cifuentes…

So you do feel a bit sorry for Ainsworth but you have absolutely no sympathy for those who have chosen to follow this team away??

That sounds very selectively sympathetic!

I feel sorry for everyone, I'm an empath. I feel more sorry for the fans though, we all have choices but I have more empathy with utter loyalty than I do with someone who just comes up short in his job.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 14:08 - Nov 5 with 4307 viewsNorthernr

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 22:41 - Nov 3 by PunteR

Cmon mate, you know how it feels when you get abuse online from a couple of QPR fans on the twitter thing or whatever. Imagine a world where every QPR fan wants you out and thinks you're shit at your job. .
You need the skin of a rhino if that didnt effect your mental health in some way.

I think you're being a bit harsh there but then i dont spend loads of money following the team all over the country.

He was out of his depth.
Did he take the job on for financial reasons? Im not sure he did. Obviously helps but i think he's a bit more principled than that. I could be wrong.

If i was in his red snake skinned shoes i would be mortified right now. We've had some absolute money grabbing c@nts at the club but he isnt one of them.

TBF I agree with you mate, good post and points.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 14:56 - Nov 5 with 4201 viewsjoe90

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 13:07 - Nov 5 by JohnMcCo

So you do feel a bit sorry for Ainsworth but you have absolutely no sympathy for those who have chosen to follow this team away??

That sounds very selectively sympathetic!

I feel sorry for everyone, I'm an empath. I feel more sorry for the fans though, we all have choices but I have more empathy with utter loyalty than I do with someone who just comes up short in his job.

That is correct, you’ve got the gist of my comment. But I think you’ve missed the point as I was responding to something specific.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 11:17 - Nov 6 with 3866 viewsqprninja

I see a few of the usual "well footballers/managers earn lots of money, what have they got to be down about?" comments. Which in itself is rather depressing.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 12:27 - Nov 6 with 3763 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Ainsworth experiment was a reflection of the 'populism' zeitgeist of the time; and like many examples, it did not end well and, let's be honest, only a few diehards thought it would end otherwise.

America chose and may still ignore the reality and elect Trump for a second go. The UK chose a buffoon in Boris Johnson, until even the most blind party member called time on Bojo's incredible luck run out, and sent him packing. The Philippines chose Duterte whose policy of kill everyone associated with drugs, merely whetted the Filipinos appetite to recall son of Ferdinand Marcos for a reminder of the good old days of rampant corruption.

QPR chose Gareth Ainsworth.

A bloody great honest, guts and glory player for us, but whom no one wanted back in charge of the circus because we all doubted he had the nouse for the job, and that it would only end up souring our memory of him. Like when he was a player - prepared to play on with a broken leg - Gaz gave it all that he had, which might not have been much, but I can't think of another manager who so wanted to succeed, and not just for him, but for QPR. His few wins saw that cloud that hung over him lift to reveal a sunny and infectious smile.

Despite our reservations, we all wanted him to do well; his enthusiasm was infectious. But only QPR could have bothched up his departure, and whether it was a case of having to wait a little while for Marti, Gaz should have been put out of his misery weeks ago.

I am sure he'll bounce back somewhere, but his limit has been established, and so if he really wants to return to management, then it's lower league and no doubt he can polish up another Wycombe somewhere. Good luck to him, QPR's problems were not all of his making, far from it!

I hope he knows that despite it all: he's still a legend in W12!
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 13:02]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 16:25 - Nov 6 with 3552 viewsNortholt_Rs

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 12:27 - Nov 6 by PlanetHonneywood

The Ainsworth experiment was a reflection of the 'populism' zeitgeist of the time; and like many examples, it did not end well and, let's be honest, only a few diehards thought it would end otherwise.

America chose and may still ignore the reality and elect Trump for a second go. The UK chose a buffoon in Boris Johnson, until even the most blind party member called time on Bojo's incredible luck run out, and sent him packing. The Philippines chose Duterte whose policy of kill everyone associated with drugs, merely whetted the Filipinos appetite to recall son of Ferdinand Marcos for a reminder of the good old days of rampant corruption.

QPR chose Gareth Ainsworth.

A bloody great honest, guts and glory player for us, but whom no one wanted back in charge of the circus because we all doubted he had the nouse for the job, and that it would only end up souring our memory of him. Like when he was a player - prepared to play on with a broken leg - Gaz gave it all that he had, which might not have been much, but I can't think of another manager who so wanted to succeed, and not just for him, but for QPR. His few wins saw that cloud that hung over him lift to reveal a sunny and infectious smile.

Despite our reservations, we all wanted him to do well; his enthusiasm was infectious. But only QPR could have bothched up his departure, and whether it was a case of having to wait a little while for Marti, Gaz should have been put out of his misery weeks ago.

I am sure he'll bounce back somewhere, but his limit has been established, and so if he really wants to return to management, then it's lower league and no doubt he can polish up another Wycombe somewhere. Good luck to him, QPR's problems were not all of his making, far from it!

I hope he knows that despite it all: he's still a legend in W12!
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 13:02]

I will always have the memory of Burnley away!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 02:03 - Apr 28 with 2535 viewssilky

Penny for his thoughts! 😬

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 02:53 - Apr 28 with 2417 viewsSydneyRs

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 02:03 - Apr 28 by silky

Despite everything I'm sure he's happy for us. He's that type of guy.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 06:21 - Apr 28 with 2200 viewsLblock

I’ve never dug GA out and never will

Rather focus on his part in the huge dose of luck that kept us up last season
As noted above I’m sure he’s happy for the club and he’ll also point to things like the signing of Cook, Colback etc plus his “gradual loading” approach to pre season as positives.

However Gareth wasn’t right for the job, that’s clear to see. A shame but true. I’m also sure he’d be honest enough to acknowledge the amazing job Saint Martí and his team have done.
GA has his place in the game and I wish him the very best.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 06:28 - Apr 28 with 2193 viewsnumptydumpty

Sky use Mackie mainly but also Charlie and Ainsworth so you could hear his opinions.

He has done a few gigs around here. And according to an old boy around here he still plays local league football.

I didn't pester him but he often seen in a certain cafeteria with his good lady wife.

A south American beauty. The lads got it tough

Am sure he is relaxing out of the limelight. Moneywise am sure he is set for life. Punditry, music and still playing football keeps him busy and seems to have a decent family life perhaps.

I would say yes his mental health suffered during his time with us. Let's face it,he was a terrible manager here and some of his methods were questionable.

But he has obviously still got a lot to keep him busy and he is settled with his life.

Being a fan of QPR, and a reasonable man, sure he could now reason the job was beyond him but sure he secretly pleased another has taken the club into calmer waters.

The stress is over for Gareth. He tried and failed here but he gave it a go and that's that.

Good luck to the man. He is fine, I am sure.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 07:27 - Apr 28 with 2032 viewsstevec

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 06:21 - Apr 28 by Lblock

I’ve never dug GA out and never will

Rather focus on his part in the huge dose of luck that kept us up last season
As noted above I’m sure he’s happy for the club and he’ll also point to things like the signing of Cook, Colback etc plus his “gradual loading” approach to pre season as positives.

However Gareth wasn’t right for the job, that’s clear to see. A shame but true. I’m also sure he’d be honest enough to acknowledge the amazing job Saint Martí and his team have done.
GA has his place in the game and I wish him the very best.

Forgot he’d signed Cook and Colback, there’s an argument then, that GA kept us up this season!

Maybe that should be his role in football. Forget DOF and all that gumph, hire GA to sift through all the undesirables, make their tenancy a living hell, see them out the door and replenish with the ‘right types’. Marti calls the shots on all things football related.

Have to thank GA for seeing off the excrement mascerading as footballers and undermining the culture overseeing it. Off the pitch, you did us proud.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 07:57 - Apr 28 with 1912 viewssilky

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 06:28 - Apr 28 by numptydumpty

Sky use Mackie mainly but also Charlie and Ainsworth so you could hear his opinions.

He has done a few gigs around here. And according to an old boy around here he still plays local league football.

I didn't pester him but he often seen in a certain cafeteria with his good lady wife.

A south American beauty. The lads got it tough

Am sure he is relaxing out of the limelight. Moneywise am sure he is set for life. Punditry, music and still playing football keeps him busy and seems to have a decent family life perhaps.

I would say yes his mental health suffered during his time with us. Let's face it,he was a terrible manager here and some of his methods were questionable.

But he has obviously still got a lot to keep him busy and he is settled with his life.

Being a fan of QPR, and a reasonable man, sure he could now reason the job was beyond him but sure he secretly pleased another has taken the club into calmer waters.

The stress is over for Gareth. He tried and failed here but he gave it a go and that's that.

Good luck to the man. He is fine, I am sure.

Glad to hear all of that. Thanks for sharing.👍

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 08:07 - Apr 28 with 1876 viewsdmm

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 07:27 - Apr 28 by stevec

Forgot he’d signed Cook and Colback, there’s an argument then, that GA kept us up this season!

Maybe that should be his role in football. Forget DOF and all that gumph, hire GA to sift through all the undesirables, make their tenancy a living hell, see them out the door and replenish with the ‘right types’. Marti calls the shots on all things football related.

Have to thank GA for seeing off the excrement mascerading as footballers and undermining the culture overseeing it. Off the pitch, you did us proud.

I'm not too sure who you refer to as "...seeing off the excrement...".

I could understand it if you meant Leon Balogun and Niko Hamalainen, who were turds for different reasons. But did you mean any of Seny Dieng, Stefan Johansen, Rob Dickie, Olamide Shodipo, Conor Masterson, Charlie Owens, Ody Alfa, and Luke Amos. Yes, some weren't very good but shit? Really?
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 08:14 - Apr 28 with 1808 viewsGaryBannister86

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 08:07 - Apr 28 by dmm

I'm not too sure who you refer to as "...seeing off the excrement...".

I could understand it if you meant Leon Balogun and Niko Hamalainen, who were turds for different reasons. But did you mean any of Seny Dieng, Stefan Johansen, Rob Dickie, Olamide Shodipo, Conor Masterson, Charlie Owens, Ody Alfa, and Luke Amos. Yes, some weren't very good but shit? Really?

Exactly, what a load of rubbish. Giving him credit for signing Cook considering we'd been after him, and nearly signed him, a few years ago is a bit of a stretch too.

You may love him for running around a lot in league one, but that doesn't change my opinion that he was one of the worst managers I've seen down the Rangers in all my 49 years, Paul Hart included.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 09:30 - Apr 28 with 1478 viewsNortholt_Rs

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 08:14 - Apr 28 by GaryBannister86

Exactly, what a load of rubbish. Giving him credit for signing Cook considering we'd been after him, and nearly signed him, a few years ago is a bit of a stretch too.

You may love him for running around a lot in league one, but that doesn't change my opinion that he was one of the worst managers I've seen down the Rangers in all my 49 years, Paul Hart included.

We would have been relegated under Ainsworth. No ifs, no buts. He was a disastrous appointment by Bhatia.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 10:26 - Apr 28 with 1292 viewsconnell10

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 09:30 - Apr 28 by Northolt_Rs

We would have been relegated under Ainsworth. No ifs, no buts. He was a disastrous appointment by Bhatia.

Agree, great bloke but wasn't the right appointment. I blame who ever hired him. But now we move on.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 10:36 - Apr 28 with 1229 viewspaulparker

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 08:14 - Apr 28 by GaryBannister86

“Running around in league one “. He did a hell of a lot more than that for QPR
Like LBLOCK I won’t dig him out as he wanted the job and probably deserved a go at it but I don’t think the players were having him , maybe if he had the funds we would of seen a lot more players from league one and 2 come here and it would have been interesting to see his team instead of the drek left over from previous regimes
Id like to say good luck to the fella and he will always get a clap from me

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 10:54 - Apr 28 with 1175 viewsGaryBannister86

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 10:36 - Apr 28 by paulparker

“Running around in league one “. He did a hell of a lot more than that for QPR
Like LBLOCK I won’t dig him out as he wanted the job and probably deserved a go at it but I don’t think the players were having him , maybe if he had the funds we would of seen a lot more players from league one and 2 come here and it would have been interesting to see his team instead of the drek left over from previous regimes
Id like to say good luck to the fella and he will always get a clap from me

I'm being deliberately obtuse because he was of course a decent player. Never got the legend stuff but apparently even being as an amazing player like Les doesn't get you a free pass when it comes to the off-field contributions, so why should Ainsworth get it for what was a truly terrible job?
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 10:55 - Apr 28 with 1170 viewsMrSheen

Gareth was doomed when he wasn’t able to break up the Warburton/Beale possession football squad and replace it with athletic youngsters like Luton (or Rotherham!) more suited to his preferred style. And if that was never going be possible for financial and contractual reasons, he should never have been offered the job in the first place. Good luck to him, he tried his best but failed.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 11:14 - Apr 28 with 1088 viewsRangersw12

Worst manager in my life time but as we've now stayed up I can now forget about his tenure and go back to remembering him fondly as a player .
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 11:54 - Apr 28 with 958 viewsHanwellHoopster

I have zero doubt that Gareth would have been as delighted as any of us to see us secure safety - and that speaks to his first rate character.

We built a squad over successive seasons and managers designed to play a certain style of football, and then hired a manager who had a track record of only ever playing a polar opposite style. In my book it's very harsh - bordering on silly - to blame the manager for that not working out.

As much as Cifuentes has been superb, and I'll be the first to contribute to the statute fund, any manager with a style more compatible to our squad was going to see a significant improvement in results. (In my opinion Marti is so good that he's delivered above and beyond that "reversion to mean", for the avoidance of doubt.)
[Post edited 28 Apr 11:55]
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 12:20 - Apr 28 with 883 viewsthame_hoops

For a while, I thought he would head back to Wycombe, but they turned the corner and were pretty impressive for the second half of the season
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 12:23 - Apr 28 with 872 viewsvanrrrr

GA was on here the other week - sounds like he is ready to jump back in . Talks a fair bit about his time here as manager .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hr41hg?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mo
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 13:26 - Apr 28 with 761 viewsLazyFan

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 11:14 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

Worst manager in my life time but as we've now stayed up I can now forget about his tenure and go back to remembering him fondly as a player .

I think you have forgetten the worst manager.

Paul Hart.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024