Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GA podcast interview post sacking 11:16 - Nov 10 with 10396 viewssdm1508

I know there was a thread recently about Ainsworth and if anyone knew how he was doing. He's been in a podcast since so thought some might want to have a quick listen. Seems ok
GA podcast interview post sacking on 19:19 - Nov 15 with 2202 viewsPlanetHonneywood

You just know we're going to be drawn against the club he moves to in the FA Cup QF!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

GA podcast interview post sacking on 20:18 - Nov 15 with 2100 viewsAntti_Heinola

GA podcast interview post sacking on 04:04 - Nov 13 by CLAREMAN1995

I think Marti has already sorted some stuff out bosh67 and that actually reflects even more badly on GA.
Getting clean sheets which were non existant under Gareth with exactly the same players show the power of change and maybe the new manager bounce finally can come to QPR.
Of course more worrying is the fact these players are willing to run through fire for Marti while they just added fuel to the fire under Ainsworth so its clear as day they quit on him.
Wrong manager at the wrong time just out of his dept so hopefully he bounces back but I suspect he will be struggling to get a new job anytime soon

said this before and i know it's not a view shared, but i don't think effort was the issue with any player (barring one or two, certainly not the ones he picked). Effort was not the issue under him.

Bare bones.

GA podcast interview post sacking on 15:40 - Nov 16 with 1823 viewsNewYorkRanger

I bumped into him in the pub last week and had a quick chat. He seemed upbeat, and said he'd already been approached about a couple of jobs but was going to take his time.
He seemed genuinely appreciative of the fan base and knows that everyone wanted him to succeed. Didn't think this season's results and performances would spoil his legacy as a player and was proud of 'keeping them up' last season.
Anyway, everyone says he is a really decent bloke and he certainly seemed it in person

Glory hunter, me

GA podcast interview post sacking on 18:05 - Nov 16 with 1694 viewsnumptydumpty

GA podcast interview post sacking on 15:40 - Nov 16 by NewYorkRanger

I bumped into him in the pub last week and had a quick chat. He seemed upbeat, and said he'd already been approached about a couple of jobs but was going to take his time.
He seemed genuinely appreciative of the fan base and knows that everyone wanted him to succeed. Didn't think this season's results and performances would spoil his legacy as a player and was proud of 'keeping them up' last season.
Anyway, everyone says he is a really decent bloke and he certainly seemed it in person

GA s reign was awful

Nothing at all really to be happy about, although was decent to remain in this League.

Should have gone then. He was limited but he achieved safety and could have left with his head held high then.

But this season has been excruciatingly dreadful.

The results not even at all lifted by half decent performances of which there were none.

I do appreciate after match interviews when you have been annhilated at home by Blackburn or walloped away in pre season friendly in Oxford are tough.

But this was one of his major failings. The interviews are inevitably going be watched by the players and the comments read. And this we are definitely good enough to come fourth bottom and the boys gave everything lines dont fool anyone and cant think such words would been motivating enough particularly with the squads we have had in place the last couple of seasons.

He had to go, He defintiely got left off lightly by many fans due to his previous affiliations with ourselves but unlike Les remained pretty well unscathed,

I think we can thank him for last seasons survival although fortuitous , ie Burnley win and Readings points deductions. Slightly fluky perhaps but the goal was achieved and also he was left with zero money to bring in new players and he did reasonably well all things considered with that, however if he has aspirations of coachin at ths level and above he really needs to adopt a more fluid style of attack and defence that appeals to the masses and creates entertainment because what Ainsworths team produce even if they win is dull in the extreme.

We probably made the correct appointment now and at least we did not drag on.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

GA podcast interview post sacking on 07:35 - Nov 17 with 1524 viewsPlanetHonneywood

GA podcast interview post sacking on 18:05 - Nov 16 by numptydumpty

GA s reign was awful

Nothing at all really to be happy about, although was decent to remain in this League.

Should have gone then. He was limited but he achieved safety and could have left with his head held high then.

The results not even at all lifted by half decent performances of which there were none.

I do appreciate after match interviews when you have been annhilated at home by Blackburn or walloped away in pre season friendly in Oxford are tough.

But this was one of his major failings. The interviews are inevitably going be watched by the players and the comments read. And this we are definitely good enough to come fourth bottom and the boys gave everything lines dont fool anyone and cant think such words would been motivating enough particularly with the squads we have had in place the last couple of seasons.

He had to go, He defintiely got left off lightly by many fans due to his previous affiliations with ourselves but unlike Les remained pretty well unscathed,

I think we can thank him for last seasons survival although fortuitous , ie Burnley win and Readings points deductions. Slightly fluky perhaps but the goal was achieved and also he was left with zero money to bring in new players and he did reasonably well all things considered with that, however if he has aspirations of coachin at ths level and above he really needs to adopt a more fluid style of attack and defence that appeals to the masses and creates entertainment because what Ainsworths team produce even if they win is dull in the extreme.

Totally agree, although I think QPR should have pulled the plug earlier, and at the very latest, after Blackburn at home. That said, maybe they had Marti on speed dial and he indicated he wouldn't leave until the season was all but over where he was.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

GA podcast interview post sacking on 08:12 - Nov 17 with 1465 viewsLoftgirl

GA podcast interview post sacking on 19:19 - Nov 15 by PlanetHonneywood

You just know we're going to be drawn against the club he moves to in the FA Cup QF!

"QF"? What's on of those?
GA podcast interview post sacking on 08:15 - Nov 17 with 1461 viewsloftus77

GA s reign was awful

Good points - but let's lay this urban myth to rest once and for all. We did not, repeat not, stay up on account of Reading's points deduction. The beneficiaries of that were Cardiff who finished 21st. We'd have been safe regardless in 20th.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 8:18]
GA podcast interview post sacking on 08:40 - Nov 17 with 1424 viewsslmrstid

GA podcast interview post sacking on 08:15 - Nov 17 by loftus77

Good points - but let's lay this urban myth to rest once and for all. We did not, repeat not, stay up on account of Reading's points deduction. The beneficiaries of that were Cardiff who finished 21st. We'd have been safe regardless in 20th.

This is probably an urban myth thats going to roll on for years now, a bit like Warnock getting us promoted on a team of free transfers.
Login to get fewer ads

GA podcast interview post sacking on 09:10 - Nov 17 with 1384 viewsdaveB

GA podcast interview post sacking on 08:15 - Nov 17 by loftus77

without the points deduction I think reading would have stayed up comfortably, getting dropped into the relegation mix killed them and they never recovered
GA podcast interview post sacking on 09:11 - Nov 17 with 1381 viewsdaveB

GA podcast interview post sacking on 07:35 - Nov 17 by PlanetHonneywood

Totally agree, although I think QPR should have pulled the plug earlier, and at the very latest, after Blackburn at home. That said, maybe they had Marti on speed dial and he indicated he wouldn't leave until the season was all but over where he was.

They made the call to sack him after Blackburn but Marti said he was going to see the season out in Sweden so they decided to hold on until after Rotherham, but the Huddersfield defeat speeded that process up
GA podcast interview post sacking on 09:31 - Nov 17 with 1343 viewsPhilmyRs

GA s reign was awful

Agree with most of this. One point I'd challenge is the view that keeping us in the league was a credible achievement and we should thank him for it. Last season, in my mind we should never have been relegated. The fact it came to be so close I do hold the Manager partly responsible. Had we gone down a different route with our recruitment process at the time, I think we would have fared considerably better.

The major frustration with the GA appointment is that I don't ever remember a fanbase being so worried and also thinking it likely, that things would end up exactly as they ended up - a very likeable former player that had shown he can galvanise a lower league team to punch above their weight via a direct style of play would then be found out and seriously struggle with a club like us.

An Amit itch he needed to scratch or whatever, I suspect that ludicrous decision is why he's no longer Chairman. Live by the sword...
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 10:01]
GA podcast interview post sacking on 15:22 - Nov 18 with 1135 viewsstainrods_elbow

GA podcast interview post sacking on 09:31 - Nov 17 by PhilmyRs

Agree with most of this. One point I'd challenge is the view that keeping us in the league was a credible achievement and we should thank him for it. Last season, in my mind we should never have been relegated. The fact it came to be so close I do hold the Manager partly responsible. Had we gone down a different route with our recruitment process at the time, I think we would have fared considerably better.

The major frustration with the GA appointment is that I don't ever remember a fanbase being so worried and also thinking it likely, that things would end up exactly as they ended up - a very likeable former player that had shown he can galvanise a lower league team to punch above their weight via a direct style of play would then be found out and seriously struggle with a club like us.

An Amit itch he needed to scratch or whatever, I suspect that ludicrous decision is why he's no longer Chairman. Live by the sword...
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 10:01]

Even though he's renamed a stand after himself on our behalf - the narcissistic tw*t!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

GA podcast interview post sacking on 15:30 - Nov 18 with 1130 viewssdm1508

GA podcast interview post sacking on 22:24 - Nov 10 by Hoopsie

We had a thread about Ainsworth’s mental health, which was a concern having seen him looked so battered when he left QPR compared to 8 months ago when he was at the “top of the world” when he first arrived at the club

Delighted to report he is looking better, a bit more refreshed and certainly healthy (probably doing some fitness and exercising as he said this is his way of coping with stress)

All good words for QPR, remembered fondly of his time here as a player and definitely was disappointed as much as the fans that things didn’t work out for him as manager for the club, wishes the club all the best as he is also a fan

Interesting that he explained the way it worked for him at Wycombe, the culture that was instilled at the club and the family they have had, when everyone has the back of everyone including the manager being picked up by players sometimes when things were down and how he had “generals” that protect this culture in the form of senior players and even young players, and players of different backgrounds (for eg different ethnicity) backing each other. Dobbo is with him from the beginning of his managerial career and is completely the opposite to his positive and enthusiastic extrovert self, being more of an introvert and thinker, a check on him when they needed to discuss issues like getting a player to come in, whether he was any good or suited the club. Definitely the things he managed at Wycombe cannot be easily replicated in another club due to the number of years he has had at Wycombe to develop the culture and get the buy in from everyone at the club including owners and the fans. Am sure this is how he would have wanted at QPR and also the thing that he will continue to build on if he so manage another club in the future.

Also, with a couple of rejections from his early playing career, when starting out at Blackburn and also at Preston, when he was told he wouldn’t make it as a pro player, he said to never give up and continue work hard at what you wanted to achieve, and pointed out that in 4-5 years (actually 6 years on when first released by Preston) from his early years setback he was a premier league player, Wimbledon paid 2 million pound to Port Vale for his service

He is still Port Vale’s most expensive player, 500k paid to Lincoln in 1997 and also the player with the highest transfer fee received (2 mil from Wimbledon) in 1998.

Something tells me he wouldn’t so easily give up on players like Willock and Richards, just a feeling

Credited John Beck as the one of the most important person (if not most) that influenced his career both as a player (mental side) and manager (culture)

Top guy, wish him well for his future endeavours
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 3:31]

The very reason I posted the original message. He looked battered and supporters asked how he was doing. The pod seems to answer that. Slight surprised by some comments about another pile on or enough has been said already. A simple thread that shows he seems to be ok which is good. Sometimes feel that some people live completely angry all the time and read things totally differently to how intended
GA podcast interview post sacking on 19:51 - Mar 29 with 469 viewswilliamwill009

Really insightful to hear from Ainsworth in that podcast, gives a lot of perspective. Speaking of which, for anyone diving into the financial side of sports teams, especially students tackling sports management or accounting, there's this site https://domyhomework123.com/accounting that can be a real game-changer. They've got experts who can simplify all those complex accounting concepts, which might be helpful for anyone looking into the economics behind team management and decisions. Worth a look for sure!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024