Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PG Tips 20:50 - Nov 13 with 9363 viewscharmr

Went to my usual local Indian grocery store to get the basics, tea and chocolate.

PG tips pyramid 240 in a new style and colour box and lo and behold they taste like shyte. Got hold of an old style box, no problem. Something has changed?

Also if I purchase the biggest Cadbury bar it tastes not great but ok. Get the smaller ones taste well dodgy. These are the imported bars not the ones made by Hersheys that you can also get here.

[Post edited 13 Nov 2023 20:52]
PG Tips on 22:17 - Nov 14 with 1523 viewsRangersDave

Beans with a touch of brown sauce seem to taste way better nowadays.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

PG Tips on 22:21 - Nov 14 with 1515 viewsJimmyR

PG Tips on 22:17 - Nov 14 by RangersDave

Beans with a touch of brown sauce seem to taste way better nowadays.

And a good few dashes of Worcestershire sauce too, maybe even a bit of hot sauce if ya feeling saucy…
PG Tips on 22:28 - Nov 14 with 1503 viewsfrancisbowles

We use Waitrose Essential. £2 for 160. Always made in a large pot and topped up after pouring the first two mugs. Get five mugs of consistent strength, decent tea. We usually have four pots a day.

Agree Cadburys is shite, apart from Picnic bars.

Coffee, I use Lavazza pods, the Delicioso brand (I think that's the name). One or two cups a day, drunk black.
PG Tips on 06:07 - Nov 15 with 1386 viewsPhildo

Another vote for Barry’s tea -I order it off Amazon.

I don’t mind the Yorkshire tea but p g tips is absolute muck.
PG Tips on 10:31 - Nov 15 with 1288 viewsrobith

PG Tips on 22:28 - Nov 14 by francisbowles

We use Waitrose Essential. £2 for 160. Always made in a large pot and topped up after pouring the first two mugs. Get five mugs of consistent strength, decent tea. We usually have four pots a day.

Coffee, I use Lavazza pods, the Delicioso brand (I think that's the name). One or two cups a day, drunk black.

Four pots a day Jeremy? That's insane

PG Tips on 11:11 - Nov 16 with 1123 viewsbaz_qpr

Little bit of an inside track on this, Unilever sold PG Tips its now part of Lipton which was sold off a year ago to private equity. Lipton are now advertising on their website "all new" PG Tips so I would imagine this means there has been a bit of a downgrade in quality to maintain price competitivness and increase margins
PG Tips on 11:35 - Nov 16 with 1089 viewsTheChef

PG Tips on 11:11 - Nov 16 by baz_qpr

Little bit of an inside track on this, Unilever sold PG Tips its now part of Lipton which was sold off a year ago to private equity. Lipton are now advertising on their website "all new" PG Tips so I would imagine this means there has been a bit of a downgrade in quality to maintain price competitivness and increase margins

Would explain it - Lipton is awful!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

PG Tips on 12:00 - Nov 16 with 1035 viewsPlanetHonneywood

PG Tips on 11:35 - Nov 16 by TheChef

Would explain it - Lipton is awful!

Lipton is the Latin word for piss.

Liptonpissius to be exact.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

PG Tips on 12:49 - Nov 16 with 956 viewsTheChef

I am also not convinced that Yorkshire Tea decaff is quite the same either...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

PG Tips on 13:10 - Nov 16 with 936 viewsR_from_afar

PG Tips on 22:28 - Nov 14 by francisbowles

Lavazza coffee is the business. If you drink instant coffee, try their Prontissimo Intenso, it has a strong but smooth, slightly smoky, slightly chocolately taste. Wonderful!

Another vote for Sainsbury's Red Label tea, it's excellent.

I have mentioned it before, but if you like herbal tea and are ever in Crete, try Karteraki's sarantadentri ("forty trees") herbal tea, it has a potent and multi-faceted taste.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

PG Tips on 15:35 - Nov 16 with 872 viewsCamberleyR

PG Tips on 13:10 - Nov 16 by R_from_afar

Lavazza coffee is the business. If you drink instant coffee, try their Prontissimo Intenso, it has a strong but smooth, slightly smoky, slightly chocolately taste. Wonderful!

Another vote for Sainsbury's Red Label tea, it's excellent.

I have mentioned it before, but if you like herbal tea and are ever in Crete, try Karteraki's sarantadentri ("forty trees") herbal tea, it has a potent and multi-faceted taste.

I noticed when in Sainsbury's earlier today there was a red label extra strong on the shelves which I'd never noticed before. Only £2 for 80 bags. Might give those a crack when I next need some.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

PG Tips on 10:32 - Nov 17 with 762 viewsJimmyR

This thread has inspired me to buy some loose tea (Barry's naturally)

So, a question for all of you out there with experience, from a loose tea virgin....

What sort of qualities are talking? One desert spoon per pot? As suggested, I'd like tea strong enough for a mouse to trot across
PG Tips on 10:46 - Nov 17 with 739 viewsCamberleyR

PG Tips on 10:32 - Nov 17 by JimmyR

So, a question for all of you out there with experience, from a loose tea virgin....

What sort of qualities are talking? One desert spoon per pot? As suggested, I'd like tea strong enough for a mouse to trot across

Dessert spoon?

One teaspoon per mug/cup and one for the pot is what I use and I think has always been the rule of thumb.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 10:49]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

PG Tips on 11:03 - Nov 17 with 714 viewsMetallica_Hoop

PG Tips on 10:32 - Nov 17 by JimmyR

I used to fill the metal basket to the top if you have one of those teapots.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024