Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Squires on … the ultimate fantasy football stadium in 50 favourite bits 13:28 - Nov 21 with 2505 viewsTheChef

https://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2023/nov/21/david-squires-on-the-ul

Most excellent

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

David Squires on … the ultimate fantasy football stadium in 50 favourite bits on 15:22 - Nov 21 with 2360 viewsCateLeBonR

51. Peter Odemwingie in his car outside loftus road.
David Squires on … the ultimate fantasy football stadium in 50 favourite bits on 16:45 - Nov 21 with 2186 viewsPlanetHonneywood

52. Ronaldo the Bull walking around before Hereford United games.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

David Squires on … the ultimate fantasy football stadium in 50 favourite bits on 17:08 - Nov 21 with 2150 viewsMick_S

Are you the ambulance?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

David Squires on … the ultimate fantasy football stadium in 50 favourite bits on 23:54 - Nov 21 with 1930 viewsNewBee

Crikey, I'd forgotten about those Disabled Cars at Stamford Bridge:

Though googling shows it wadn't just disabled cars:

I wonder how much Chelsea would charge you to park your motor there these days? I reckon the bidding would start at £50k a game?
David Squires on … the ultimate fantasy football stadium in 50 favourite bits on 01:01 - Nov 22 with 1893 viewsSydneyRs

David Squires on … the ultimate fantasy football stadium in 50 favourite bits on 23:54 - Nov 21 by NewBee

Crikey, I'd forgotten about those Disabled Cars at Stamford Bridge:

Though googling shows it wadn't just disabled cars:

I wonder how much Chelsea would charge you to park your motor there these days? I reckon the bidding would start at £50k a game?

First of those photos is Celtic I think.
David Squires on … the ultimate fantasy football stadium in 50 favourite bits on 11:38 - Nov 22 with 1789 viewsrobith

Justice for Orient's Papa John's Dugout
David Squires on … the ultimate fantasy football stadium in 50 favourite bits on 13:03 - Nov 22 with 1695 viewsaston_hoop

Disappointing not to see our squirrel on the pitch!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

David Squires on … the ultimate fantasy football stadium in 50 favourite bits on 13:45 - Nov 22 with 1634 viewsR_from_afar

Good to see the Brechin hedge in there

It's a marvellous picture - thanks for sharing - so it's churlish to ask for more but the deluxe version could also include:
- The eagle owl which dropped in on one of the Finnish national team's home games
- The Land of Leather wall at East Stirling's old ground, Firs Park. It was the scourge of visiting goalkeepers because it was so close to one of the goals that it severely limited 'keepers' run-ups when they were taking goal kicks, resulting in many a spaffed kick.

I found more information about it online, here it is:
"But what visitors to Firs Park at this time would have remembered is the “Land of Leather” wall. The club had staved off financial disaster a few years previously by selling off the terrace behind the far goal. A huge concrete wall was placed where the terrace once stood and strikers had an extra incentive to hit the target as if you missed, the ball would bounce off the wall and anyone not paying attention would run the risk of being brained".

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

David Squires on … the ultimate fantasy football stadium in 50 favourite bits on 19:39 - Nov 22 with 1381 viewsenfieldargh

The Manor Ground Oxford Away bogs

Come to that

Plough Lanes away bogs window

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024