Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haircut question 21:33 - Nov 23 with 2236 viewsGloryHunter

Fellow hoops - purveyors of wisdom in all matters - please enlighten me on a small matter of male grooming. I had a haircut today and the barber asked me - as he always does - if I want my neck tapered or straight cut (what I think maybe used to be called a Boston?)
I replied - as I always do - that I really don't care, because I won't be looking at it.
So does it matter, and will people be looking at me and laughing behind my back (literally) because I have chosen the wrong option?
Haircut question on 21:44 - Nov 23 with 2183 viewscolinallcars

I don't have as much hair as I used to but seem to remember the shaped part at the back of your bonce was known as a DA ( duck's arse ).
Haircut question on 22:16 - Nov 23 with 2118 viewsR_from_afar

I'm hardly a picture of sartorial elegance and there's more chance of me playing for QPR than there is me getting a modelling contract, but whenever I have been asked, I have opted for tapered. I think it's a bit neater.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Haircut question on 22:33 - Nov 23 with 2082 viewscolinallcars

Haircut question on 22:16 - Nov 23 by R_from_afar

I'm hardly a picture of sartorial elegance and there's more chance of me playing for QPR than there is me getting a modelling contract, but whenever I have been asked, I have opted for tapered. I think it's a bit neater.

We're looking for a striker…..
Haircut question on 23:09 - Nov 23 with 2024 viewsnumptydumpty

I always ask for tapered and know the difference between that and straight cut.

Randomly though they always give me a straight cut.

I never say otherwise and I think they do the opposite of what I ask for, for their own amusement, thinking he is getting on a bit, he won't notice the difference.

One thing i do know though both cuts are now old fashioned as younger chaps seem to have their hair shaved at the back much higher up the head.

Short back and sides from the next generation up !!!!

Not sure of the terms for current generation though...
[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 23:11]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Haircut question on 23:34 - Nov 23 with 1985 viewsjoe90

Haircut question on 23:09 - Nov 23 by numptydumpty

I always ask for tapered and know the difference between that and straight cut.

Randomly though they always give me a straight cut.

I never say otherwise and I think they do the opposite of what I ask for, for their own amusement, thinking he is getting on a bit, he won't notice the difference.

One thing i do know though both cuts are now old fashioned as younger chaps seem to have their hair shaved at the back much higher up the head.

Short back and sides from the next generation up !!!!

Not sure of the terms for current generation though...
[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 23:11]

I think what you’re referring to is called a ‘skin fade’, which comes in low, medium or high depending on your preference.
Haircut question on 23:41 - Nov 23 with 1972 viewsqprxtc

I always get asked natural or straight. I say natural , but have no idea what happens then until he shows me a mirror.

Going to a barber is like handing someone your bollocks and saying take care of these gits and them proceeding to turn you into a c unt.
Haircut question on 00:12 - Nov 24 with 1937 viewsBoston

Straight cut.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Haircut question on 02:54 - Nov 24 with 1880 viewsHAYESBOY

The Barbers I go to ask, natural or straight?
Natural is tapered, which is what i go for. Basically keep to the hairline not straight is what I was told it means.
As you say though, never look after its been cut.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Haircut question on 07:47 - Nov 24 with 1770 viewsngbqpr

Seconded.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Haircut question on 09:04 - Nov 24 with 1683 viewsR_from_afar

Haircut question on 22:33 - Nov 23 by colinallcars

We're looking for a striker…..

It's lovely that you have faith in me, but these days, I move more slowly than the continents

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Haircut question on 09:08 - Nov 24 with 1679 viewsTheChef

Going for the straight option gives you a better chance of having Lego hair like Nakhi Wells.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Haircut question on 09:18 - Nov 24 with 1654 viewsStanisgod

Mine just says, eyebrows and ear hair sir ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Haircut question on 09:29 - Nov 24 with 1634 viewsrobith

Taper looks better and grows out nicer for my hair personally. If you're always keeping it about the same cut and quite short a straight finish is fine. No right or wrong just what you like

I always go in with a big idea of what I want, but then worry I'll sound massive time so invariably just get the same cut - mid fade down to a one on the sides, messy top
Haircut question on 18:49 - Nov 24 with 1420 viewsDorse

Haircut question on 09:18 - Nov 24 by Stanisgod

Back, sack and crack, surely?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Haircut question on 18:55 - Nov 24 with 1412 viewsDiscodroids

Stop pissing about lads. dump yourself in the barbers chair and ask for an Anthony Andrews Danger UXB cut. Job Done.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Haircut question on 18:58 - Nov 24 with 1405 viewsaston_hoop

I've gone full Gino Padula, none of this haircut nonsense

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Haircut question on 19:46 - Nov 24 with 1370 viewsNoDiddley

Every barber where I am in Essex is Turkish, so it’s a nod & what he does to you🤷
Haircut question on 20:05 - Nov 24 with 1347 viewsSpaceman_P

Tapered usually looks good, its sort of a gradient down, so the bottom of the neckline is a bit shorter.

I live in Spain and miss my old UK barber, I wish that here in Spain they knew how to cut hair, I look like a proper c**t since I moved here.

If you can find a good barber, stick with him. In the UK, I had my guy for almost 15 years and the bloke has been cutting hair since the 60s, even continued to cut mine after retirement he wanted to continue cutting his favourite customers hair.

Now I live in Spain and have been through at least 20 different barbers until I found one who don't make me look like a total nob-end.

stay away from modern barbers too, they're usually useless.
Haircut question on 20:08 - Nov 24 with 1341 viewsflynnbo

Ear hair burning taper?
Haircut question on 20:11 - Nov 24 with 1338 viewsDiscodroids

Haircut question on 19:46 - Nov 24 by NoDiddley

Every barber where I am in Essex is Turkish, so it’s a nod & what he does to you🤷

Had me barnet done in Leigh on sea yesterday at a new gaff. It's Literally the top of my road. I've swerved it all this time because the blokes in there are dressed in houndstooth waistcoats and 18 button fly pantaloons made from Donegal weave.

I've finally given 'Del boys' in leigh the elbow after 7 years. last haircut i had in there i looked like phil oakey circa 1981 . in the end i was going in there for the social aspect rather than a decent haircut.

Anyway at this new barbers, this flashing hip young blade was giving me a skin fade and a number 8 on top when he stepped back from the chair, then stepped back again a couple of meters..

He was gaining perspective on the back of my head/Fade with his thumb up like Turner did when he added that splash of red paint on a buoy in his picture of Dutch ships in a storm, ‘Helvoetsluys’. What a craftsman. These young lads are serious when it comes to Hair.

Best haircut i've had for years. I dropped him off a 4 pack of superbock today as thanks.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2023 21:00]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Haircut question on 10:13 - Nov 25 with 1192 viewsloftboy

Haircut question on 09:18 - Nov 24 by Stanisgod

Same here, he’s a Turk so uses the flame method on my ears.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024