Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Square it Tommy 11:31 - Nov 24 with 5331 viewsTheChef

I know we all go on about it like it was some mythical virtual open goal that would have won us the play off final - but does anyone have any video evidence of it?

I've looked at the various highlights clips on YouTube, but none of them include it.

Did it ever actually exist??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Square it Tommy on 08:20 - Nov 25 with 672 viewsFDC

Fwiw I watched it in The Lescar in Sheffield (one for Clive) with a load of non QPR mates and they all screamed "why did he go near post?!" at me, so not just a QPR distorted memory

Edit I would love to see a replay tho
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 8:21]
Square it Tommy on 08:21 - Nov 25 with 667 viewsTW_R

Square it Tommy on 13:47 - Nov 24 by Antti_Heinola

In a minority of one, but I had no problem with him shooting from there. I think most players would have done the same (especially most players at that level). Was a shame, but, you know, in the grand scheme of things not the worst decision a QPR player has ever made.

Even Williams said he should have passed it.

https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/22043101.williams-passed-thomson/
Square it Tommy on 09:22 - Nov 25 with 618 viewsAntti_Heinola

Square it Tommy on 08:21 - Nov 25 by TW_R

Even Williams said he should have passed it.

https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/22043101.williams-passed-thomson/

Well of course he does, he missed!
And he should have done.
What i said was i didn’t really blame him and most league one players would have done the same after a run like that.

Bare bones.

Square it Tommy on 10:26 - Nov 25 with 574 viewsRsinWales

I was looking down on it, high up in the stand with a great view. My only thought as he got towards the area was 'which one of the two is he going to pass to' as they were both in great positions. It hadn't entered my consciousness that he might choose to shoot.

The fact that the shot was so poor made it so much worse.

Definitely not an urban myth. It's burned into my brain.
Square it Tommy on 12:24 - Nov 25 with 523 viewsnix

I was there looking along the line and I certainly said cross it and I think we were all saying it. I bet he wakes up sweating about it!
Square it Tommy on 12:54 - Nov 25 with 493 viewsthame_hoops

Square it Tommy on 02:37 - Nov 25 by charmr

That FA Cup game away at Cardiff top of my list for intimidation levels and pure hatred pouring down at you. That and Leeds away FA Cup for most hostile.

Stoke away when Taggert and Bircham had that ruck in 04/05ish was pretty bad after the game. Stoke fans throwing stuff into the away fans as you exit, they had the higher ground. I remember load of kids crying and women terrified.
Square it Tommy on 14:53 - Nov 25 with 432 viewsdavman

Clarke Carlisle told me that the players were told that winning that play-off could have bankrupt the club due to the bonuses they had agreed to pay that season. He is convinced that the club needed to stay down.

No idea how true, but it came directly from Clarke...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024