Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield 21:41 - Nov 29 with 11016 viewsterryb

There was I thinking we will go above them on Friday, & their bloody well winning at Sunderland! Wednesday drawing with Leicester as well.

Go above Millwall on Boxing Day?
Huddersfield on 21:42 - Nov 29 with 6868 viewsMarc

Sunderland knobheads
Huddersfield on 21:44 - Nov 29 with 6804 viewsted_hendrix

It's what we do not other teams.

No good relying on anybody else.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Huddersfield on 21:45 - Nov 29 with 6786 viewsrbee

Well done Huddersfield, we have to do the same on Friday night.

Generally The Championship is a pretty weak league so we shall have plenty of chances to pick up points.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 21:47]
Huddersfield on 21:46 - Nov 29 with 6773 viewsJames_Paddocks

Gap back to 6 points. That's a stinking result for us.
Huddersfield on 21:47 - Nov 29 with 6754 viewscolinallcars

Well, you know what they say - you can always find someone better off than yourself.
Huddersfield on 21:50 - Nov 29 with 6695 viewssdm19994

Thank f*** we won last night that’s all I’m saying
Huddersfield on 21:51 - Nov 29 with 6684 viewskensalriser

That's a massive piss all over our chips.

We'll just have to keep on improving and if we do, we'll reel someone in - no club in the bottom nine has more than five points from the last five games.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Huddersfield on 22:00 - Nov 29 with 6535 viewscolinallcars

Harold wilson supported Huddersfield.
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield on 22:03 - Nov 29 with 6501 viewsSK_hoops

None other than Jeff Hendrick got a 93rd minute equaliser against Leicester too.
Huddersfield on 22:11 - Nov 29 with 6413 viewsManinBlack

Leicester only had three efforts on target compared to Sheffield's seven so looks like they were below par. Sunderland had 27 shots to Huddersfield's nine but contrived to lose by wasting endless chances which they put away against us.
Huddersfield on 22:12 - Nov 29 with 6397 viewsOldPedro

Huddersfield on 22:11 - Nov 29 by ManinBlack

Leicester only had three efforts on target compared to Sheffield's seven so looks like they were below par. Sunderland had 27 shots to Huddersfield's nine but contrived to lose by wasting endless chances which they put away against us.

That sounds like us at home to Huddersfield last season

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Huddersfield on 22:17 - Nov 29 with 6344 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just got to keep winning matches. Preston is a free hit for me - it's the two home games and the Wednesday game that are vital. Get nine out of 12 points and we're laughing. Beat Plymouth and we close on them. Wayne Rooney's Birmingham will keep dropping towards us too. Even Millwall aren't too far away.
Huddersfield on 22:20 - Nov 29 with 6305 viewsstevec

Likely needing at least 1.25 points per game from hereon in, which is quite an ask considering our form over the last two seasons.
Huddersfield on 22:30 - Nov 29 with 6245 viewsNorthernr

We've got to win ten games. At least. Let's focus on that first, because despite the euphoria you won't accomplish that doing a lot of the stuff we saw last night. If we stick 30 more points on the board then the rest will take care of itself. Nothing was decided on November 29.
Huddersfield on 22:33 - Nov 29 with 6219 viewscolinallcars

Huddersfield on 22:30 - Nov 29 by Northernr

We've got to win ten games. At least. Let's focus on that first, because despite the euphoria you won't accomplish that doing a lot of the stuff we saw last night. If we stick 30 more points on the board then the rest will take care of itself. Nothing was decided on November 29.

Yes it was. I decided to go up the pub.
Huddersfield on 22:36 - Nov 29 with 6189 viewsted_hendrix

It's In our hands nobody else's, we've been bloody awful on and off the pitch for way too long.
We are In one hell of a mess, last nights result good as It was Is now history.
The only small thing in our favour is the amount of games we have left.
Everyone at the club now has to step up a gear and each and every day at work put 100% more effort Into what Is required to keep us In this league.
By winning tonight Huddersfield haven't relegated Us, It's a crap result I'll concede that but the only team that can relegate us Is us.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Huddersfield on 23:03 - Nov 29 with 6067 viewsactonman

Yeah annoying as it is that hudds won , it’s ourselfs and the teams above hudds we have to focus on , need to make that mini league ainsworth was so focused on more than the current 4 at the bottom and thankfully there’s enough games to do that
Huddersfield on 23:07 - Nov 29 with 6033 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Huddersfield on 22:30 - Nov 29 by Northernr

Dykes scores that chance to make it 2-0 and the game is probably over. Yes, we weren't perfect last night but we had 19 shots, nine on target and scored four goals. Our substitutions helped win the match - when did that last happen? Even Warbs was pretty crap with those. I just think with this manager, we are going to be positive and that will more often than not give us a better chance of getting three points.
Huddersfield on 23:20 - Nov 29 with 5971 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Huddersfield on 22:36 - Nov 29 by ted_hendrix

It's In our hands nobody else's, we've been bloody awful on and off the pitch for way too long.
We are In one hell of a mess, last nights result good as It was Is now history.
The only small thing in our favour is the amount of games we have left.
Everyone at the club now has to step up a gear and each and every day at work put 100% more effort Into what Is required to keep us In this league.
By winning tonight Huddersfield haven't relegated Us, It's a crap result I'll concede that but the only team that can relegate us Is us.

If I was at the club I'd print that and paste it to the wall where I could see it every day.

Simple, positive, no nonsense.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Huddersfield on 23:32 - Nov 29 with 5938 viewsHooping_Mad

Huddersfield on 22:03 - Nov 29 by SK_hoops

None other than Jeff Hendrick got a 93rd minute equaliser against Leicester too.

He's the gift that keeps on giving, on the plus side we probably have the naming rights on his soul.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Huddersfield on 00:06 - Nov 30 with 5837 viewsSydneyRs

Tempting to be negative here but we could easily have been 9 points adrift and under GA it would be double digits and no way back. Long, long way to go this season. Plenty of time to work on closing the gap.

We've got a few goals, Dykes has got a couple, Willock has one, we're playing much better, scored at the loft end, won at home, come from behind to win and are creating chances now. A lot of boxes ticked/bad runs ended despite not being a brilliant performance. We also have a manager who is constantly looking at how he can impact a game albeit with our limited resources.
Huddersfield on 00:11 - Nov 30 with 5813 viewsstainrods_elbow

Huddersfield on 22:17 - Nov 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

Just got to keep winning matches. Preston is a free hit for me - it's the two home games and the Wednesday game that are vital. Get nine out of 12 points and we're laughing. Beat Plymouth and we close on them. Wayne Rooney's Birmingham will keep dropping towards us too. Even Millwall aren't too far away.

Preston a 'free hit - are you Harry Redknapp? We need to win there, or at least draw, and then follow up it up at least 4 points from our next two home games, plus a win at Wednesday. I want 8-10 points from that little lot, then we'll talk.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Huddersfield on 02:01 - Nov 30 with 5677 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Not an ideal result if you merely focus on 4th from bottom, but what it has done is bunch up the table and provide a bigger target to aim at. There's only 4 points separating Huddersfield in 21st and Norwich in 14th.

As others have alluded to, it's about what we do from here on in. There are plenty of points to play for. Get back to work, back up last night's result, build momentum, and aim to move up the table rather than sneak 21st.
Huddersfield on 08:08 - Nov 30 with 5340 viewsknocker

Need to beat Preston or looking at Saturdays fixtures we could easily be 9 points adrift. And that won't help with team confidence.
Huddersfield on 09:28 - Nov 30 with 5136 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Well it doesn't help but only we can get ourselves out of this mess. Tuesday was a start.
In December we have 4 of the top 8 and 3 of the bottom 6 to play. We pretty much need to average 1.5 points a game to be entirely safe, probably less to scrape it.
If we can get 10/11 points from those 7, that's a good return.
Caveat being if 9 points come against the lower teams, it will feel like its worth more. Rangers of previous years would lose to Weds, Millwall and Plymouth and beat the others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024