Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Walsh loan 15:49 - Dec 7 with 3290 viewsflynnbo

R's keeper Joe Walsh has joined Accrington Stanley on an emergency loan.
Let's hope life will be good.
Joe Walsh loan on 17:23 - Dec 7 with 3138 viewsRangersDave

He will enjoy the milk up there, and he wont say 'who are they' either.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Joe Walsh loan on 17:26 - Dec 7 with 3122 viewsBoston

Joe Walsh loan on 17:23 - Dec 7 by RangersDave

It's a rocky mountain way up to Accrington.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Joe Walsh loan on 23:11 - Jan 3 with 2553 viewsaston_hoop

Clean sheet at the weekend and team of the week in League Two as they keep extending his loan. Joe Gubbins also starting for them at the moment

For comparison, Seny Dieng had his first loan from us in the National League South at Whitehawk when he was over a year older than Walsh is now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Joe Walsh loan on 23:14 - Jan 3 with 2527 viewsWatford_Ranger

Joe Walsh loan on 23:11 - Jan 3 by aston_hoop

Clean sheet at the weekend and team of the week in League Two as they keep extending his loan. Joe Gubbins also starting for them at the moment

For comparison, Seny Dieng had his first loan from us in the National League South at Whitehawk when he was over a year older than Walsh is now.

Forgot about Gubbins. Watford away feels a long, long time ago.
Joe Walsh loan on 23:26 - Jan 3 with 2447 viewsDannyPaddox

Joe Walsh loan on 23:14 - Jan 3 by Watford_Ranger

Forgot about Gubbins. Watford away feels a long, long time ago.

A long long time ago …
The day the Haa-ka died
Joe Walsh loan on 11:47 - Jan 18 with 1854 viewsaston_hoop

Back at QPR now, I suppose Matteo Salamon on the bench the last couple of games is a hint that Archer is injured or off. Anyway, all the reviews from Accie sound very positive about how Joe Walsh got on

Joe Walsh loan on 11:49 - Jan 18 with 1836 viewsQPRConor2000

Joe Walsh loan on 11:47 - Jan 18 by aston_hoop

Back at QPR now, I suppose Matteo Salamon on the bench the last couple of games is a hint that Archer is injured or off. Anyway, all the reviews from Accie sound very positive about how Joe Walsh got on

Yeah he seems to have done well for them.
Joe Walsh loan on 11:52 - Jan 18 with 1820 viewsGaryBannister86

Joe Walsh loan on 11:49 - Jan 18 by QPRConor2000

Yeah he seems to have done well for them.

Excellent. Interesting we haven't let him stay.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Walsh loan on 11:56 - Jan 18 with 1784 viewsQPRConor2000

Joe Walsh loan on 11:52 - Jan 18 by GaryBannister86

Excellent. Interesting we haven't let him stay.

It definitely is interesting, maybe Marti wants to have a look at him as a long term option.

I wouldn't be shocked if this means Archer is going, Walsh is probably on cheaper wages than Archer, so Archer going would actually free wages up for us to maybe get a short term deal in.
[Post edited 18 Jan 11:58]
Joe Walsh loan on 11:58 - Jan 18 with 1778 viewsaston_hoop

Joe Walsh loan on 11:56 - Jan 18 by QPRConor2000

It definitely is interesting, maybe Marti wants to have a look at him as a long term option.

I wouldn't be shocked if this means Archer is going, Walsh is probably on cheaper wages than Archer, so Archer going would actually free wages up for us to maybe get a short term deal in.
[Post edited 18 Jan 11:58]

Thats what I'd do. Two decent young keepers competing for the number 1 spot. We'll be in League 1 and both should be ready to step up to that level for us

Joe Walsh loan on 12:00 - Jan 18 with 1755 viewsQPRConor2000

Joe Walsh loan on 11:58 - Jan 18 by aston_hoop

Thats what I'd do. Two decent young keepers competing for the number 1 spot. We'll be in League 1 and both should be ready to step up to that level for us

Id do the same as well, both are young keepers and probably would suit Marti's style of play over a 36 year old Begovic longer term.

I wonder where this leaves Archer now.
[Post edited 18 Jan 12:20]
Joe Walsh loan on 12:21 - Jan 18 with 1634 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Joe Walsh loan on 11:47 - Jan 18 by aston_hoop

If he's done that well there, it might yet earn him QPR player of the year.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Joe Walsh loan on 13:27 - Jan 18 with 1435 viewsdmm

It will be interesting to see if Walsh or Mahoney can grab the no 1 jersey in the future. There probably isn't much between them. I'm not sure if they'll be ready to step up next season but they should be able to cover whoever is keeper in 24-25.
Joe Walsh loan on 13:31 - Jan 18 with 1419 viewsGloucs_R

Joe Walsh loan on 13:27 - Jan 18 by dmm

It will be interesting to see if Walsh or Mahoney can grab the no 1 jersey in the future. There probably isn't much between them. I'm not sure if they'll be ready to step up next season but they should be able to cover whoever is keeper in 24-25.

If we are in League 1 I would certainly expect them to be challenging for the Jersey next season.

Mahoney sounds like he has more experience than Walsh at this stage. However I've always felt that Mahoney was quite small for a keeper but Wikipedia says he's 6'1 🫤

He's had pretty mixed reviews at Swindon Town. A good shot stopper but doesn't command his area was a general consensus.

If we wanted to genuinely compete and get promoted in League One next season I would suspect we would need a first choice keeper

Poll: Are we staying up?

Joe Walsh loan on 14:42 - Jan 18 with 1280 viewsderbyhoop

At the end of the season I would expect Walsh, Mahoney and Salamon to be competing for #1 spot. Let Begovic and Archer go. Esp if we are heading for L1
[Post edited 18 Jan 14:50]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Joe Walsh loan on 14:50 - Jan 18 with 1243 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Joe Walsh loan on 17:23 - Dec 7 by RangersDave

Exxxxaactly
Joe Walsh loan on 14:57 - Jan 18 with 1230 viewsQPRConor2000

Interestingly all our keepers, including Walsh and Mahoney's contracts are up in the summer

Important to note if we do go down, your only allowed 22 player squads in L1 compared to the 25 your allowed in the Championship , but under 21s dont count.

I think both Walsh and Mahoney would have to be registered, given both would be over 21, so my feeling is that we may be forced to choose which one to keep and one to release.

I would imagine Marti will want a more senior first choice if Begovic does indeed leave this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024