Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Lockyer 16:56 - Dec 16 with 3149 viewsCamberleyR

Collapsed again in the game at Bournemouth just months after his collapse at the play off final. Ref's now abandoned the game.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tom Lockyer on 17:07 - Dec 16 with 3055 viewsGus_iom

Good luck to him.
Tom Lockyer on 17:10 - Dec 16 with 3017 viewsted_hendrix

Tom Lockyer is 'alert and responsive' after the Luton captain was stretched off following extensive medical attention during Saturday's game at Bournemouth.

After a stoppage of around 25 minutes, the game was called off by referee Simon Hooper. Rob Edwards led his players in a walk around the pitch, applauding both sets of fans, with the Luton manager looking emotional as he did so.

A Bournemouth staff doctor confirmed the defender's condition, and Lockyer is on his way to hospital.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Tom Lockyer on 17:16 - Dec 16 with 2961 viewsderbyhoop

Let's hope he makes it through for the sake of him and his family.
But, as far as football is concerned, that's surely the end of any playing career.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tom Lockyer on 17:18 - Dec 16 with 2942 viewsmart_Goblin

Tom Lockyer on 17:16 - Dec 16 by derbyhoop

Let's hope he makes it through for the sake of him and his family.
But, as far as football is concerned, that's surely the end of any playing career.

Yeah I agree unfortunately.
That will be that .

All the very best to him and whatever is next in life
Tom Lockyer on 17:19 - Dec 16 with 2942 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Tom Lockyer on 17:10 - Dec 16 by ted_hendrix

Tom Lockyer is 'alert and responsive' after the Luton captain was stretched off following extensive medical attention during Saturday's game at Bournemouth.

After a stoppage of around 25 minutes, the game was called off by referee Simon Hooper. Rob Edwards led his players in a walk around the pitch, applauding both sets of fans, with the Luton manager looking emotional as he did so.

A Bournemouth staff doctor confirmed the defender's condition, and Lockyer is on his way to hospital.

First time I have ever seen a manager race on to the field to a player gone down fair play to Edwards he seemed shattered during the walk around afterwards.
Best wishes to Lockyer hope its ok but he might have to go into coaching or something this time
Tom Lockyer on 17:27 - Dec 16 with 2859 viewsHayesender

Hope he forgets about ever playing again. Go off with your family and enjoy the rest of your life Tom

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Tom Lockyer on 17:47 - Dec 16 with 2756 viewslassel

I get why he was so desperate to come back this summer after coming through the leagues with Luton, of course he wanted the chance to play in the PL, but absolutely someone needs to put an arm round him after this and convince him to walk away.
Tom Lockyer on 17:55 - Dec 16 with 2700 viewsbosh67

He's been a wonderful player and servant for Luton over the last 3+ years but he really needs to recover and retire. I am sure there is a lot he can still do in the game on the other side of the white line and in the media. But at 29 and now two heart collapses he has to concentrate on getting better and enjoying life with his family. All the very best to him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Lockyer on 20:49 - Dec 16 with 2280 viewsLandshark

Wasn't there a player recently who collapsed (maybe died) for the second time? Like they did it a while ago, started playing football again and the had the same issue happen? So yeah for the sake of the family Tom, call it a day.
Tom Lockyer on 21:26 - Dec 16 with 2179 viewsGloucs_R

Seems to be an awful lot of players having heart attacks these days...

I don't recall it every being this bad.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Tom Lockyer on 22:04 - Dec 16 with 2092 viewsDorse

Tom Lockyer on 21:26 - Dec 16 by Gloucs_R

That's because the fags and alcohol got them first.

(Crap) jokes aside, I hope this lad is alright. I feel for his family - must be awful to witness.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tom Lockyer on 22:15 - Dec 16 with 2052 viewsFDC

The computer chips we all cheerfully injected as part of the COVID vaccine was windows 10, and the latest Windows update has been a nightmare, my left arm has spasmed for weeks.
Tom Lockyer on 08:42 - Dec 17 with 1688 viewsLandshark

It has been happening for years, I guess you just hear about it more at the moment due to the instant news on Twitter.

People like to try and connect dots that aren't there. I had to avoid Twitter yesterday because I knew it would be full of people blaming the vaccine.

Have a look at the notable cases tab on the below link. This is just people who have died, there's plenty more that survived.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_cardiac_death_of_athletes
Tom Lockyer on 08:56 - Dec 17 with 1659 viewslassel

Nah it’s been pretty consistently 10–5 deaths per year for at least the last two decades.

Ultimately football is the most intense physically that it’s ever been. The level of testing has increased exponentially to try and catch as many players predisposed to heart issues, but sudden events and arrhythmia can happen anytime.
Tom Lockyer on 09:18 - Dec 17 with 1619 viewsnix

Tom Lockyer on 08:56 - Dec 17 by lassel

Nah it’s been pretty consistently 10–5 deaths per year for at least the last two decades.

Ultimately football is the most intense physically that it’s ever been. The level of testing has increased exponentially to try and catch as many players predisposed to heart issues, but sudden events and arrhythmia can happen anytime.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakgarnerpurkis/2022/10/11/liverpool-fcs-inconsiste

I think you've hit the nail on the head with the intensity argument. Particularly in the English game. If you think of, say, Lionel Messi, he tends to walk/jog around the pitch for much of the match and then do a few intense runs when required. But someone like Lyndon Dykes is constantly on the move defending or pressing even when we haven't got the ball.

It must be a strain on their bodies. Particularly when they get to later on in their 20s when they are slightly less able to deal with this level of exertion.
Tom Lockyer on 10:55 - Dec 17 with 1490 viewstraininvain

It’s amazing and perhaps a bit lucky that it’s now happened to Lockyer twice mid game with medical staff on hand to quickly help him. Could’ve been worse if it happened with no one around.

Watching match of the day and Rob Edwards looked absolutely distraught. It can’t have been easy for him to hold it all together. Fair play to him, all the players and supporters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024