Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad contracts 07:21 - Dec 18 with 14300 viewsGloucs_R

Out of contract in the summer...

Dunne
Field
Willock
Dozzell
Armstrong
Bergovic
Kakay
Albert
Kelmans
Archer
EDB
SDM
Drewe

Not sure if we have year options for any of those.

Field, Armstrong and EDB would be ones if offer contacts to. Possibly Dunne. Willock won't sign.

[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 8:55]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Squad contracts on 18:49 - Apr 11 with 3126 viewsderbyhoop

Field, Dykes and Kelman have all agreed extensions this season.
I'd like to see Dunne, EDB and Armstrong on longer term deals.
I can't see any way Willock will stay.
Rumours of interest in JCS is encouraging. Could we get a good price due to competition.
Cashing in on Chair before he goes into last year would make sense. 2 sales would fund replacements.
Begovic, Archer, Kakay, Drewe, Gubbins, Dozzell, Duke-McKenna can all go.
There's a fair number from Dev Squad who aren't going to make it. Time for QPR to be more ruthless.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Squad contracts on 18:51 - Apr 11 with 3115 viewsWatfordR

We really need to be thinking about the players who will suit the way MC wants to play.

FWIW, I think we only have the sort of players he'd want in defence, and assuming JCS will go, I'd imagine we'd only be looking at a like for like replacement. I think Dunne and Cannon would compete for RB, Fox and Larkeche at LB, and Cook would play at CB with a JCS replacement. I think Paal will probably move on.

In a 4-3-3 system, we have Field and Colback, but really need more mobility and physicality there. Probably another two bodies required, with maybe EDB as cover.

Assuming Frey and Armstrong stay, and Chair and Willock go, we need a proper striker, maybe two, and probably three number 10s.

Obviously a new keeper too, with Walsh and Mahoney out on loan to League 1 clubs hopefully.

So that would be money to come in from JCS, Paal, Chair and Dykes, another 7-8 going. I'd like to think that will generate about £15m, and with any luck that much again from Eze. That should give us enough money to assemble a decent squad that would hopefully be able to compete in the top half rather than the bottom half without us running into further FFP problems a few years down the road.
Squad contracts on 21:33 - Apr 11 with 2897 viewsfraserc

Pretty sure Kakay won't be around next season:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cifuentes-speaks-about-decision-to-snub-qpr-
Squad contracts on 21:47 - Apr 11 with 2863 viewsPdog

Will be interesting to see where most of these end up, (assuming we retain the ones discussed) Dozzell may somehow get a champ club taking a punt, but the rest i don't expect to see in the football league:

Dozzell, Kakay, Archer, SDM, Drewe
[Post edited 11 Apr 21:50]
Squad contracts on 22:43 - Apr 11 with 2727 viewsLblock

Willock may have something lined up or may nab someone in the summer.
If not I’d offer a 2 year deal heavily bonus incentivised on appearances, wins, goals, assists and include a release fee of say £4mill.
That way he has a deal, is encouraged to do really well and if he does then he benefits, the club benefits and he can leave for quite a low fee for a player who’d be performing well at the Championship level (please God)

I’m aware of the financial position by by Christ I’d be looking to build everything around Chair. The fella is quality and clearly loves being at the club. Him or Cook would be Captain for me.

Amazed people think Kakay should or could be kept. He turned down a loan deal last window dragging plans down (him and that wastrel Gitchards) so he’s hardly endeared himself to the powers that be in the club. He’s a gonner for sure and probably rightly so.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Squad contracts on 23:16 - Apr 11 with 2668 viewsNed_Kennedys

Squad contracts on 21:33 - Apr 11 by fraserc

Pretty sure Kakay won't be around next season:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cifuentes-speaks-about-decision-to-snub-qpr-

It’s great to see WLS doing decent QPR coverage again.
Squad contracts on 23:18 - Apr 11 with 2667 viewsNed_Kennedys

Squad contracts on 22:43 - Apr 11 by Lblock

Willock may have something lined up or may nab someone in the summer.
If not I’d offer a 2 year deal heavily bonus incentivised on appearances, wins, goals, assists and include a release fee of say £4mill.
That way he has a deal, is encouraged to do really well and if he does then he benefits, the club benefits and he can leave for quite a low fee for a player who’d be performing well at the Championship level (please God)

I’m aware of the financial position by by Christ I’d be looking to build everything around Chair. The fella is quality and clearly loves being at the club. Him or Cook would be Captain for me.

Amazed people think Kakay should or could be kept. He turned down a loan deal last window dragging plans down (him and that wastrel Gitchards) so he’s hardly endeared himself to the powers that be in the club. He’s a gonner for sure and probably rightly so.

We’ve played most of the season to ‘build everything around Chair’: it doesn’t work and our attacking stats show that.
Squad contracts on 23:29 - Apr 11 with 2636 viewsParkRoyalR

Squad contracts on 23:18 - Apr 11 by Ned_Kennedys

We’ve played most of the season to ‘build everything around Chair’: it doesn’t work and our attacking stats show that.

Chairs stats were abysmal until the return of Willock and were inflated last season by Willock taking simple passes and scoring superb goals.

How can you build a team around a player who needs 4 or 5 touches before even considering a pass?

Been removed from corners after years of failing to beat the first man, Andersen takes over and we immediately start scoring from corners after years of despairing we ever would with Chair taking them.

If we are ever to realise his potential we have to drop him deeper like Barry Bannan to see if he can get his head up, see the early pass and actually play it, as we all know his short & long range passing is excellent.
Login to get fewer ads

Squad contracts on 09:29 - Apr 12 with 2443 viewsTheChef

Squad contracts on 23:18 - Apr 11 by Ned_Kennedys

Hate to say it, but our results really improved that time he was away at AFCON.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Squad contracts on 09:39 - Apr 12 with 2393 viewsdaveB

Squad contracts on 09:29 - Apr 12 by TheChef

Hate to say it, but our results really improved that time he was away at AFCON.

The results were pretty good before he went away as well, was just after that incredible 2021 where we would have won the league if it was in a Calendar year
Squad contracts on 09:49 - Apr 12 with 2345 viewsellersliehoop

Squad contracts on 23:29 - Apr 11 by ParkRoyalR

Chairs stats were abysmal until the return of Willock and were inflated last season by Willock taking simple passes and scoring superb goals.

How can you build a team around a player who needs 4 or 5 touches before even considering a pass?

Been removed from corners after years of failing to beat the first man, Andersen takes over and we immediately start scoring from corners after years of despairing we ever would with Chair taking them.

If we are ever to realise his potential we have to drop him deeper like Barry Bannan to see if he can get his head up, see the early pass and actually play it, as we all know his short & long range passing is excellent.

When Willock replaced Chair on Tuesday evening he as far more effective. Willock is far better playing on the left but he gets played on the right as Chair is always on the left. We're not getting the best of Willock on the right
Squad contracts on 10:28 - Apr 12 with 2281 viewsGloucs_R

I think what's really exciting will be the unexpected signings over the summer.

None of us could have predicted Andersen or Frey.

Squad contracts on 13:28 - Apr 12 with 2053 viewsLblock

Agree with this BUT... maybe not deeper but for me more central.

I still find it unbelievable our own fans cannot see just how talented Ilas is.
Maybe we'll appreciate him when he goes.

Squad contracts on 15:43 - Apr 12 with 1902 viewskensalriser

Granted Chair has his limitations, but it would be easier to take you more seriously if you weren't repeatedly shilling a properly limited player in Lyndon Dykes.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Squad contracts on 10:03 - Apr 14 with 1579 viewsGloucs_R

Is Asmir out of contract in the summer?

Squad contracts on 10:57 - Apr 14 with 1497 viewsdmm

Squad contracts on 10:03 - Apr 14 by Gloucs_R

Is Asmir out of contract in the summer?

Yes
Squad contracts on 12:27 - Apr 14 with 1406 viewsgazza1

It is unbelievable that posters want to give Chair negitive vibs........stats eh - I look at games and look at Chair (not stats), he puts the fear into opponents, they double up on him, he works going back, he works tirelessly through 90 minutes (more than most), he is a big assett to the team.

Then look at 5 goal LD, our main strike force in some (PRR) eyes and never stops complaining that he doesn't get the service. Dykes gets the ball played up to him and on most occasions he cannot keep it or use it so we are back on the defensive again, he wins a poor percentage of headers, he fails to get in good attacking position generally throughout the match, he rarely sprints to shut defenders down. But you know what I see & read, he good at defending corners!!! - fantastic!!! He is the major reason we are in the bottom half of the table.
Squad contracts on 07:43 - Apr 27 with 1054 viewsGloucs_R

I reckon that are going to be sweeping changes this season with a number of first team squad leaving but also huge changes in the development squad. Already seen that Deon is off.

Dunne needs a new contract now, plus Sinclair.

For the first time in a long time I can see some bids coming in for the likes of JCS and possibly chair depending on the court case.

Dykes we need to move on. Works hard but hasn't got that strikers instinct.

It's going to be another big summer of transfers.

Squad contracts on 07:49 - Apr 27 with 1021 viewsSpaceman_P

I personally would like Chair to stay - he annoys me at times with his greediness and basically having the one move up his sleeve. But the bloke loves QPR, you can tell he really loves this team and being here.

That said, I am looking forward to seeing what kind of players we bring in.

We need a Striker who can pop them away for fun.

I'd be interested to know how Frey can improve with full fitness, I think he's a good player and could be good.... Dunno what went wrong with him??
Squad contracts on 10:04 - Apr 29 with 723 viewsPdog

Love a good clean out.

And a great time for it; fresh season, new(ish) manager / new ideas, and dare i say it slight momentum. Lets go for it.. (all within reasonable budget constraints of course)
[Post edited 29 Apr 10:05]
Squad contracts on 10:16 - Apr 29 with 669 viewsDavieQPR

Chair won't go anywhere. What team would pay good money for a player they could lose for a season. JCS still has to prove he can stay injury free for more than 3/4 of the season to attract any serious bids.
Armstrong has not improved this season
Squad contracts on 10:22 - Apr 29 with 633 viewsdaveB

I hope we are ruthless this summer.
Of the out of contract ones I'd keep Dunne and Armstrong possibly Dixon-Bonner but other than that release the rest and re build this squad
Squad contracts on 10:40 - Apr 29 with 554 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Squad contracts on 10:22 - Apr 29 by daveB

I hope we are ruthless this summer.
Of the out of contract ones I'd keep Dunne and Armstrong possibly Dixon-Bonner but other than that release the rest and re build this squad

For me the most impressive thing about Marti is that he is ruthless, as shown by him getting rid of both Kakay and Dozzell. He recognised that neither of them is up to the required standard and jettisoned them. That augurs well for the summer.
Squad contracts on 10:49 - Apr 29 with 479 viewsPdog

Squad contracts on 10:40 - Apr 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

For me the most impressive thing about Marti is that he is ruthless, as shown by him getting rid of both Kakay and Dozzell. He recognised that neither of them is up to the required standard and jettisoned them. That augurs well for the summer.

Agree, excited to see what can now be built with the pressure eased and some room for new players / trying new things. Playing with freedom is when the real magic can happen.
Squad contracts on 11:00 - Apr 29 with 412 viewsLblock

Squad contracts on 10:16 - Apr 29 by DavieQPR

Chair won't go anywhere. What team would pay good money for a player they could lose for a season. JCS still has to prove he can stay injury free for more than 3/4 of the season to attract any serious bids.
Armstrong has not improved this season

Disagree on Armstrong.

He has definitely improved - he's showing a bit more hold up and lay off and also a bit more of when and where to run.
That is decent coaching starting to come through.

He's got bundles to do and I am fairly sure he'd agree.
Needs to work on the petulance, his shooting is still wayward and a lot of that is down to youthful over exuberance IMHO and he also needs work on aerial ability.
That will come and when it does this lad will be worth £5mill minimum in the modern game.

I'd be looking at a new 2 to 3 year deal for him as he's showed enough for me to feel he remains a very decent prospect.

Love to see him and Kolli up front in a years time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024