Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slippery Forest slope 19:13 - Dec 19 with 4472 viewsflynnbo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67757915
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 19:22]
Slippery Forest slope on 21:13 - Dec 19 with 4161 viewseastside_r

Just needed a few more players!
Slippery Forest slope on 21:13 - Dec 19 with 4161 viewsNorthernr

A club that's been doing nonsense things for a long time. Basically got away with it by the play-off final being given to a fat referee as a retirement present, and five or six Forest fans working in long read publications being allowed by their editors to go to work for a wnk every day.
Slippery Forest slope on 21:22 - Dec 19 with 4108 viewspadstow

And just look who the DoF is at Forest. Hint: it's Beal's mate who was the DoF at Glasgow Rangers! Is there still time for him to make a phone call? Is the ink dry on that Sunderland contact? 😄
Slippery Forest slope on 22:08 - Dec 19 with 3964 viewsBklynRanger

Always considered himself a Forest boy, hardest decision of his career in the end couldn't turn it down, wants to thank the Mackem people who have been exceptional throughout.
Slippery Forest slope on 22:45 - Dec 19 with 3854 viewsted_hendrix

Football Is Insane It really Is, It's only a matter of time before Shirley becomes Nottingham Forest's Manager/Manageress.
If your wondering who Shirley Is well she's Shaun's older Sister, If your wondering who Shaun Is Shaun from Shaun The Sheep.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Slippery Forest slope on 09:27 - Dec 20 with 3450 viewsswitchingcode

Slippery Forest slope on 21:13 - Dec 19 by Northernr

A club that's been doing nonsense things for a long time. Basically got away with it by the play-off final being given to a fat referee as a retirement present, and five or six Forest fans working in long read publications being allowed by their editors to go to work for a wnk every day.

Very strange how the media love Cooper and remind us of what a remarkable job he done at Forrest taking them from the bottom of the championship to the PL.If they looked more closely at this journey it’s not that impressive especially with the amount of players they parked up and blew other teams out of the water with the money they spent.They continued this in the PL spending over 150 mill on players.
Slippery Forest slope on 09:42 - Dec 20 with 3404 viewsNorthernr

Slippery Forest slope on 09:27 - Dec 20 by switchingcode

Very strange how the media love Cooper and remind us of what a remarkable job he done at Forrest taking them from the bottom of the championship to the PL.If they looked more closely at this journey it’s not that impressive especially with the amount of players they parked up and blew other teams out of the water with the money they spent.They continued this in the PL spending over 150 mill on players.

The media coverage of Forest, specifically but not exclusively from The Athletic, is journalistically abysmal.

They've signed 43 players since they were promoted 18 months ago, and are now one win in 13 and at risk of relegation. They signed JohnJo Shelvey last January on ÂŁ75,000 a week, immediately fell out with him, and he's now on loan in Turkey with Forest picking up 90% of his wage. They signed O'Brien from Huddersfield in their first summer, and by January he wasn't even in the 25 man squad. I was watching them the other day, against Everton, and fcking Divock Origi came on from the bench. It was like an episode of This is Your Life. They sign players they're never ever going to have any use for - Josh Bowler - and just park them or loan them out.

They hired the CEO from Barnsley, he lasted nine months. They've now got the DOF from Rangers (Beale's mate) in. But the chairman's son is also there making decisions and pulling strings. They've got almost as any execs as they have footballers, and they've got a lot of footballers.

The frequently do deals with Olympiakos with undisclosed fees and loans and what not to shadify their FFP situation.

At any other club in the country, The Athletic would be doing deep dives into what exactly the fck is going on, investigations into the Olympiakos tie in and deals, criticism of the absolutely scattergun approach to transfers, questions about why having spent ÂŁ200m on players Cooper's team is still complete sht.

Instead you've got Paul Taylor publishing articles on why signing 27 players in one transfer window was "the right thing to do this time", and Daniel Taylor being paid to do 10,000 words on "100 years of the mystical, magical, mythical City Ground". They revere Cooper as some sort of genius managerial God, rather than somebody who twice failed to get Swansea promoted with the likes of Conor Gallagher, Marc Guehi and Morgan Gibbs White in the team and then left as soon as they told him the money was spent, and has once again spent an absolute fortune on this Forest team.

After that disgraceful, scandalous play-off final, they ran a piece about how errors like Jon Moss' are just part of the beauty of football, and evened out some decision they'd had given against them in the Littlewoods Cup final in the 1980s.

They've published stuff that, frankly, I'd have thought a bit OTT for a club site like this. In the run up to the play-off final they did 15,000 words talking to the mum's, wives, mates, youth managers etc of all the Forest players. (Zero Huddersfield content BTW). Do I really care what the girl who noshed off Joe Worrall at his Year 11 leaver's do thinks about Saturday's match? This is fcking client journalism.

And then, lo and behold, this morning, Danny Taylor's back with "the truth". Wouldn't you just know it, it's a complete shitshow down there, and has been for months. Some people, TBF to them, have called him on it - where was all this before? He's basically now steaming into them each in turn, admitting he's had this information for months but sat on it because Forest and the fans would have been unhappy if he'd published it.

Any news editor worth their salt would choose violence reading this from one of their reporters.

Slippery Forest slope on 09:54 - Dec 20 with 3347 viewsGroveR

I honestly thought the Athletic was a game-changer when it launched; deeply-researched, insightful writing that acknowledged the less-fashionable of the 92 clubs in the English game and beyond - those clubs (like QPR) is where the real football stories and scandals are found.

I cancelled my subs about a year ago as it seemed to have gone to shĂŹt. Reams and reams of articles saying nothing.
Login to get fewer ads

Slippery Forest slope on 09:57 - Dec 20 with 3339 viewsNorthernr

Slippery Forest slope on 09:54 - Dec 20 by GroveR

I honestly thought the Athletic was a game-changer when it launched; deeply-researched, insightful writing that acknowledged the less-fashionable of the 92 clubs in the English game and beyond - those clubs (like QPR) is where the real football stories and scandals are found.

I cancelled my subs about a year ago as it seemed to have gone to shĂŹt. Reams and reams of articles saying nothing.

I cancelled mine after that play-off final and in the exit survey basically sent them that ^^.

They're basically paying three or four boyhood Forest fans to go to work every day and wnk at their desk.
Slippery Forest slope on 10:02 - Dec 20 with 3314 viewsTheChef

All about the "content" innit...

Always had a bit of a soft spot for Forest because of Clough and what he achieved, but that was a long time ago now.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Slippery Forest slope on 10:11 - Dec 20 with 3276 viewsAntti_Heinola

Slippery Forest slope on 09:42 - Dec 20 by Northernr

The media coverage of Forest, specifically but not exclusively from The Athletic, is journalistically abysmal.

They've signed 43 players since they were promoted 18 months ago, and are now one win in 13 and at risk of relegation. They signed JohnJo Shelvey last January on ÂŁ75,000 a week, immediately fell out with him, and he's now on loan in Turkey with Forest picking up 90% of his wage. They signed O'Brien from Huddersfield in their first summer, and by January he wasn't even in the 25 man squad. I was watching them the other day, against Everton, and fcking Divock Origi came on from the bench. It was like an episode of This is Your Life. They sign players they're never ever going to have any use for - Josh Bowler - and just park them or loan them out.

They hired the CEO from Barnsley, he lasted nine months. They've now got the DOF from Rangers (Beale's mate) in. But the chairman's son is also there making decisions and pulling strings. They've got almost as any execs as they have footballers, and they've got a lot of footballers.

The frequently do deals with Olympiakos with undisclosed fees and loans and what not to shadify their FFP situation.

At any other club in the country, The Athletic would be doing deep dives into what exactly the fck is going on, investigations into the Olympiakos tie in and deals, criticism of the absolutely scattergun approach to transfers, questions about why having spent ÂŁ200m on players Cooper's team is still complete sht.

Instead you've got Paul Taylor publishing articles on why signing 27 players in one transfer window was "the right thing to do this time", and Daniel Taylor being paid to do 10,000 words on "100 years of the mystical, magical, mythical City Ground". They revere Cooper as some sort of genius managerial God, rather than somebody who twice failed to get Swansea promoted with the likes of Conor Gallagher, Marc Guehi and Morgan Gibbs White in the team and then left as soon as they told him the money was spent, and has once again spent an absolute fortune on this Forest team.

After that disgraceful, scandalous play-off final, they ran a piece about how errors like Jon Moss' are just part of the beauty of football, and evened out some decision they'd had given against them in the Littlewoods Cup final in the 1980s.

They've published stuff that, frankly, I'd have thought a bit OTT for a club site like this. In the run up to the play-off final they did 15,000 words talking to the mum's, wives, mates, youth managers etc of all the Forest players. (Zero Huddersfield content BTW). Do I really care what the girl who noshed off Joe Worrall at his Year 11 leaver's do thinks about Saturday's match? This is fcking client journalism.

And then, lo and behold, this morning, Danny Taylor's back with "the truth". Wouldn't you just know it, it's a complete shitshow down there, and has been for months. Some people, TBF to them, have called him on it - where was all this before? He's basically now steaming into them each in turn, admitting he's had this information for months but sat on it because Forest and the fans would have been unhappy if he'd published it.

Any news editor worth their salt would choose violence reading this from one of their reporters.

Excellent post.
Cooper also gets away scot free elsewhere by dint of being British. I heard Redknapp Jr say the other day on Sky 'I'm sure Cooper didn't want all them players' - what? Are you having a laugh mate? If he was a foreign boss, they'd have been stroking their chins and shaking their heads months and months ago about all the money he's spent. Just think about the sh!t they all gave Bielsa in comparison. Bielsa!
But I'm delighted about Nuno. Hopefully they'll go down again. Absolutely abysmal appointment.

Bare bones.

Slippery Forest slope on 10:14 - Dec 20 with 3263 viewsNorthernr

Slippery Forest slope on 10:11 - Dec 20 by Antti_Heinola

Excellent post.
Cooper also gets away scot free elsewhere by dint of being British. I heard Redknapp Jr say the other day on Sky 'I'm sure Cooper didn't want all them players' - what? Are you having a laugh mate? If he was a foreign boss, they'd have been stroking their chins and shaking their heads months and months ago about all the money he's spent. Just think about the sh!t they all gave Bielsa in comparison. Bielsa!
But I'm delighted about Nuno. Hopefully they'll go down again. Absolutely abysmal appointment.

It was Cooper who insisted on Shelvey, and Cooper who then fell out with him immediately.

About three quarters of the way down today's (free read) piece there's a list of all the players the apparently faultless and affable Cooper has fallen out with and bombed out for personal reasons, including Scott McKenna (who we were going to sign until they did just because they could), Worrall and Shelvey.

There's another line in it that says...

"there have been all sorts of issues that have been, for the most part, kept away from the club’s supporters."

If only the journalists writing about the club hadn't been doing 10,000 words on the "mythical City Ground" instead eh?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Slippery Forest slope on 10:16 - Dec 20 with 3236 viewsstevec

Previously chief football writer for the Guardian.

The only journalism you’ll get there is going to be slanted to his own insular views of life and interests in general. This is Chemical Ali stuff, what did you expect?
Slippery Forest slope on 10:19 - Dec 20 with 3236 viewsBAWHoops

Forest are just a mental club that got lucky once with Cooper. He's a good manager but it does help when you just copy other teams homework and sign players they've been after for months.
The season they went up they signed Steve Cook in January when we wanted him (and were sitting 4th). Probably not that much of an argument to make that if we had signed him ahead of Forest we would've made the Play Offs ahead of them.

As for The Athletic. I like some of their stuff so have kept subscribing, but the amount of dross they produce for The Big 6 is maddening. Plus the Forest stuff is laughable. Nick Miller, Daniel Taylor, Matt Davis-Adams are all 3 names that regularly contribute articles and punditry across their platforms. That's mental considering similar sized clubs like Leicester, Birmingham, Stoke, Bristol City, don't receive anywhere near that level of coverage

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Slippery Forest slope on 10:22 - Dec 20 with 3221 viewsQPR_Hibs

"About three quarters of the way down today's (free read) piece ...."

Is it a free read? I keep getting a paywall login request.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Slippery Forest slope on 10:29 - Dec 20 with 3196 viewsNorthernr

Slippery Forest slope on 10:22 - Dec 20 by QPR_Hibs

"About three quarters of the way down today's (free read) piece ...."

Is it a free read? I keep getting a paywall login request.

Somebody whatsapped it to me this morning and said "this'll make you laugh" and it just let me read it.
Slippery Forest slope on 13:04 - Dec 20 with 2940 viewsSuperhoop83

At least it's good to have a team to watch out for in the relegation battle.

I never used to mind Forest but let's hope one of the bottom 3 can overtake them.

Suffering since 1978.

Slippery Forest slope on 14:11 - Dec 20 with 2776 viewsPaddyhoops

Poor old Cooper , the darling of BBC 5 live only a few months ago , I think described by Allistir Bruce Ball as genius . Really .
I had a soft spot for Forest back in the day. Punching so far above their weight.
Sadly they seem to think they have devine right to be a heavyweight club not unlike Leeds deluisinists.
They’ll stay up as the bottom three are out of their depth.
Slippery Forest slope on 14:12 - Dec 20 with 2772 viewsBklynRanger

That Twitter reply on why didn't squeak up in 'maybe early August" is tvvat-muppetry of the highest order. Not even going to click on the article.
Slippery Forest slope on 14:45 - Dec 20 with 2704 viewskensalriser

That’s a 9/10 rant there Northern, and like you I don’t give tens.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Slippery Forest slope on 15:14 - Dec 20 with 2615 viewsLazyFan

If you think these journo's will have to eat humble pie later on, then ask them early on if they are sure about their comments and not covering up any other goings on at this time that they will later claim they knew all along.

Sure, that's a long game, but that is the only way to call out these muppets. Do it beforehand. What it might also do at this exact time is calm down their drama "Cooper best" ... "oh yeah? so you won't be saying there are any problems in a few month's time and you knew all along and kept it quiet?" ... "Well I cannot say right now ... blah blah"

At that point they will be called out at the time of their initial statement, thus diminishing the vank fest they started and starting their reverse ferret. Right at the time, rather than lame excuses months on. As we know if Nuno wins some matches, they will be saying "Nuno needs to sign his own players in Jan for Forest to stay up" and off we go again.

zzzzzzzzzz

Slippery Forest slope on 15:43 - Dec 20 with 2549 viewsEastR

Nuno Espirito Santo, a name to bless yourself too if ever there was one

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Slippery Forest slope on 18:01 - Dec 20 with 2348 viewsLanhoop

Quote from the new manager on the BBC Site...

"I never managed a squad of this size. That will be a challenge. But a chance for everybody."

He's managed Porto, Wolves and Spurs. Hmm.
Slippery Forest slope on 20:09 - Dec 20 with 2178 viewsthame_hoops

I took out a subscription over a year ago and I stopped because they didn’t even cover cricket? Is that still the case?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024