Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New owners...when? 10:41 - Dec 28 with 1816 viewsTheChef

I might be going mad but didn't Hoos say a few weeks ago that the current owners are looking for a buyer?

Don't suppose much will happen over this period (unless some billionaire had too much Xmas brandy and thinks we're worth a punt).

But I'd like to think a new owner announcement might give the club a boost - probably won't change the players into world beaters though

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New owners...when? on 10:44 - Dec 28 with 1798 viewsdaveB

he said they were looking for new investors, they even said at the fans forum they would sell if someone came in and wanted to take it forward but no one has.
New owners...when? on 10:47 - Dec 28 with 1782 viewsLblock

A billionaire would have to write off a third of that billion due to Bungles approach of the past.

Does it matter though?
The leading lights on such things are telling us we cannot spend anyway due to FFP so it just means another bunch of clowns with their hands on the tilller doesn’t it????

I personally don’t believe that and the spendthrift approach is due to Ruben etc running out of interest and 50’s to Chuck on the cash bonfire.

God I really miss Ingrahm - sense spoken

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New owners...when? on 11:08 - Dec 28 with 1678 viewsRangersw12

New owners...when? on 10:47 - Dec 28 by Lblock

A billionaire would have to write off a third of that billion due to Bungles approach of the past.

Does it matter though?
The leading lights on such things are telling us we cannot spend anyway due to FFP so it just means another bunch of clowns with their hands on the tilller doesn’t it????

I personally don’t believe that and the spendthrift approach is due to Ruben etc running out of interest and 50’s to Chuck on the cash bonfire.

God I really miss Ingrahm - sense spoken

Just so I understand what you're saying , you think FFP is just some conspiracy and the real reason were not spending is because Ruben is being tight ??
New owners...when? on 11:14 - Dec 28 with 1657 viewslassel

The club has been ‘available’ for years. No doubt the agents of every NFL player, Hollywood star have been contacted asking if they’re interested in getting involved in English football, but at this point you’re basically looking to do a Brum and find people crazy enough to want to take it on, and even then it’s not exactly going well for them..
New owners...when? on 11:22 - Dec 28 with 1618 viewsted_hendrix

New owners...when?

I'm guessing when Jupiter aligns with Mars.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

New owners...when? on 11:26 - Dec 28 with 1597 viewsSonofpugwash

Not in this present financial climate,2024 is going to be a tempestuous affair - Year Of The Dragon notwithstanding.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

New owners...when? on 11:43 - Dec 28 with 1533 viewsQPRConor2000

They did say they were looking for new investors, not new owners, but he didnt exactly rule it out.

I dont think Hoos will be the CEO and Chairman for long, I think longer term we could have a new CEO coming in and Hoos will move upstairs and just be the Chairman.
New owners...when? on 12:14 - Dec 28 with 1449 viewsLblock

New owners...when? on 11:08 - Dec 28 by Rangersw12

Just so I understand what you're saying , you think FFP is just some conspiracy and the real reason were not spending is because Ruben is being tight ??

Good spinning there - are you a journalist?!

Clearly FFP is a thing —- I can think of 40 odd million reasons why we’d know about it.
There’s always been ways to mitigate it or kick the can down the road but we’ve been blessed with rich buffoons with no idea how to go about it. When they handed the cheque book to others to do it for them they were just another bunch of idiots.

I listed all the sponsorship loopholes, the staff employed for development loopholes and amortisation loopholes years ago.
If they really wanted to they could make this club strong but for another 300million reasons I can’t see why they’re not and/or don’t trust themselves to.

There now seems to be only one route left to us out of this and I really don’t think we’d be able to do a Lootown approach if I’m honest

Terribly sad

Login to get fewer ads

New owners...when? on 15:11 - Dec 28 with 1233 viewslassel

New owners...when? on 12:14 - Dec 28 by Lblock

Good spinning there - are you a journalist?!

Clearly FFP is a thing —- I can think of 40 odd million reasons why we’d know about it.
There’s always been ways to mitigate it or kick the can down the road but we’ve been blessed with rich buffoons with no idea how to go about it. When they handed the cheque book to others to do it for them they were just another bunch of idiots.

I listed all the sponsorship loopholes, the staff employed for development loopholes and amortisation loopholes years ago.
If they really wanted to they could make this club strong but for another 300million reasons I can’t see why they’re not and/or don’t trust themselves to.

There now seems to be only one route left to us out of this and I really don’t think we’d be able to do a Lootown approach if I’m honest

Terribly sad

As a serious question, what would be your master plan to have done this better?

Thinking through the loopholes other clubs have used - Ruben has a share in LA FC, but so does half of Hollywood and even if MLS would allow an Olympiacos style buy and loan scheme to shuffle revenue around for ffp (they wouldn’t) his other co-owners wouldn’t allow it.

Of the owners’ companies over the years who could’ve been sponsoring the ladies’ looks like Bet365, Tune ceased having tens of millions of free cash to funnel into QPR long before Fernandes left, Bhatia’s job is ‘investing’ his FIL’s money at a loss and Mittal never gave two shits about the club so wouldn’t be throwing millions at it, Riley sold all his businesses up and is essentially retired and dabbling in sports clubs to get out of the house and Ruben has Westport, which is a listed company with government figures on the board. When he wanted to put in £1.5m over 3 years to sack Ainsworth and appoint Marti he even had to do it via Matrade as Westports is not his personal slush fund.

As said I’m genuinely all ears as to what the master plan could’ve been?
New owners...when? on 16:02 - Dec 28 with 1132 viewsBenny_the_Ball

To be honest, I don't pay much attention to what the current owners say. Clearly any owner is open to the idea of selling if the price is right, in much the same way that every player has his price. This doesn't necessarily mean that there are people out there ready and willing to buy.

Even if someone is interested (and that's a big if), buying now comes with significant risk. With the team 5 points adrift of safety, League 1 is a real possibility. In the absence of guarantees or substantial discount, the smart play for any potential investor is to see how this season pans out before considering a bid.
New owners...when? on 16:50 - Dec 28 with 1045 viewsLblock

New owners...when? on 15:11 - Dec 28 by lassel

As a serious question, what would be your master plan to have done this better?

Thinking through the loopholes other clubs have used - Ruben has a share in LA FC, but so does half of Hollywood and even if MLS would allow an Olympiacos style buy and loan scheme to shuffle revenue around for ffp (they wouldn’t) his other co-owners wouldn’t allow it.

Of the owners’ companies over the years who could’ve been sponsoring the ladies’ looks like Bet365, Tune ceased having tens of millions of free cash to funnel into QPR long before Fernandes left, Bhatia’s job is ‘investing’ his FIL’s money at a loss and Mittal never gave two shits about the club so wouldn’t be throwing millions at it, Riley sold all his businesses up and is essentially retired and dabbling in sports clubs to get out of the house and Ruben has Westport, which is a listed company with government figures on the board. When he wanted to put in £1.5m over 3 years to sack Ainsworth and appoint Marti he even had to do it via Matrade as Westports is not his personal slush fund.

As said I’m genuinely all ears as to what the master plan could’ve been?

How far back do you want to go?

Could be a long, long, long reply!!!

Bungle got it all wrong day one.
My personal chat to him in The Queen Adelaide was to safeguard the future of the club and harness the promotion effect with the fans. I asked him not to play fast n loose but to invest in the infrastructure of the club planning for a period of yo yo’ing

So that’s the start.
I’d have done the above and stuck with Warnock no matter for two more years
Warren Farm on a softly softly basis engaging with local groups
Post Warnock would probably have gone a bit more silky coach and adopted the model of other clubs such as an experienced DoF
Calm waters assured

If you’re talking more recent then…..
To invest around FFP there’s a myriad of ways.
Corporate tickets sold at simply mental prices to my own companies as long term debentures then these sold on at more reasonable prices (relative) to interested people.
Shirt sponsorship; ground sponsorship; training ground sponsorship - if it moves or is static then sponsor it.
Amortisation of spending - just keep kicking the can down the road.
Spend big on allowed costs such as youth coaching etc….should that then “blend” into the first team squad that’s a happy accident
Finally….. lawyer up and lawyer up big. The League have shown they are a bunch of pussys with their recent sanctions. I’m convinced we’d of won if we’d of gone proper large and dragged them through the courts before; even more so now. I’d take a 6 point sanction next season as a trade for five quality players this window; wouldn’t you?

All irrelevant as the rats are deserting the sinking ship that they gnawed holes in and we are, as the colloquial term says, FCUKD

Anyway, there’s my answers

New owners...when? on 16:53 - Dec 28 with 1034 viewsTheChef

Ah OK so new investors (but from an FFP perspective can only go so far with on-pitch matters) - and I suppose any new investor might be mad enough to buy up the whole club.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New owners...when? on 20:16 - Dec 28 with 868 viewslassel

New owners...when? on 16:50 - Dec 28 by Lblock

How far back do you want to go?

Could be a long, long, long reply!!!

Bungle got it all wrong day one.
My personal chat to him in The Queen Adelaide was to safeguard the future of the club and harness the promotion effect with the fans. I asked him not to play fast n loose but to invest in the infrastructure of the club planning for a period of yo yo’ing

So that’s the start.
I’d have done the above and stuck with Warnock no matter for two more years
Warren Farm on a softly softly basis engaging with local groups
Post Warnock would probably have gone a bit more silky coach and adopted the model of other clubs such as an experienced DoF
Calm waters assured

If you’re talking more recent then…..
To invest around FFP there’s a myriad of ways.
Corporate tickets sold at simply mental prices to my own companies as long term debentures then these sold on at more reasonable prices (relative) to interested people.
Shirt sponsorship; ground sponsorship; training ground sponsorship - if it moves or is static then sponsor it.
Amortisation of spending - just keep kicking the can down the road.
Spend big on allowed costs such as youth coaching etc….should that then “blend” into the first team squad that’s a happy accident
Finally….. lawyer up and lawyer up big. The League have shown they are a bunch of pussys with their recent sanctions. I’m convinced we’d of won if we’d of gone proper large and dragged them through the courts before; even more so now. I’d take a 6 point sanction next season as a trade for five quality players this window; wouldn’t you?

All irrelevant as the rats are deserting the sinking ship that they gnawed holes in and we are, as the colloquial term says, FCUKD

Anyway, there’s my answers

On the first part absolutely, it’s clear that we completely fcked not one but two chances to set the club up for the future by not spending the PL windfall into infrastructure rather than knackered big names that Fernandes had heard of. On Warnock, unfortunately after MK the fans as a huge majority had turned on him and the position was irretrievable.

On part two - FFP - as already said, there was never the option to operate in the margins as many other clubs have as the owners were simply never in the position to do so. Tune out as much as they could in for as long as they could.

On the topic of fighting FFP legally, the club settled in legal advice. You can argue with good reason that many clubs since us have been essentially let off but the rules aren’t even the same as the ones we fell foul of.

On taking a 6 point penalty, it’s not just a 6 point penalty but also a strict wage cap and approved business plan with the FL so the few quality players you bring in to keep us up this year would all have to go next year so you’re ultimately just deferring the pain, that’s without the possibility that a club that previously failed FFP and is still paying off a huge fine for it might not even get away with ‘only’ 6 points..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024