Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong 19:14 - Dec 28 with 28625 viewsHooparoo

Some bloke on Twitter (yeah I know) is claiming that Sincs is leaving us and has removed all QPR pics and now closed his account. I was following him so I checked and yes, his account is completely gone. Anyone know what the hell is going on at our club?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:34 - Dec 29 with 3164 viewsHayesender

Maybe it's just where I am with this club and football in general atm, but I couldn't care less who leaves. There's not one player at this club I'd miss

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:48 - Dec 29 with 3081 viewscolinallcars

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:34 - Dec 29 by Hayesender

Maybe it's just where I am with this club and football in general atm, but I couldn't care less who leaves. There's not one player at this club I'd miss

I had a little list of players I'd like to stay but it grows ever shorter. I'm down to Chair & Field. Just.
Sinclair Armstrong on 11:54 - Dec 29 with 3048 viewsDorse

I haven't felt anything since Dom Ball left.

Hello darkness my old friend...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:58 - Dec 29 with 3021 viewsWatford_Ranger

Well I’d be sad if he went. He could end up anywhere from the Prem to the Isthmian League but feel if managed properly we’d have a real player there for years to come. It’s a sad indictment on the club that in your most important position you’re relying on an untried kid who probably isn’t even a striker to contribute as much as we hoped/need him to. A serious club would have the senior players to enable him to be loaned out and develop.
Sinclair Armstrong on 12:22 - Dec 29 with 2872 viewsG_Ottershaw

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:58 - Dec 29 by Watford_Ranger

Well I’d be sad if he went. He could end up anywhere from the Prem to the Isthmian League but feel if managed properly we’d have a real player there for years to come. It’s a sad indictment on the club that in your most important position you’re relying on an untried kid who probably isn’t even a striker to contribute as much as we hoped/need him to. A serious club would have the senior players to enable him to be loaned out and develop.

there was some suggestion on here a while back of appointing him a mentor, i wonder if the club have actually considered this ?
Sinclair Armstrong on 12:27 - Dec 29 with 2820 viewsWatford_Ranger

Sinclair Armstrong on 12:22 - Dec 29 by G_Ottershaw

there was some suggestion on here a while back of appointing him a mentor, i wonder if the club have actually considered this ?

If it was Dykes then we may have found the problem.
Sinclair Armstrong on 12:49 - Dec 29 with 2694 viewsdannyblue

Sinclair Armstrong on 12:22 - Dec 29 by G_Ottershaw

Who better than Les Ferdinand
Sinclair Armstrong on 12:54 - Dec 29 with 2627 viewsDamo1962

Me neither.
Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong on 13:03 - Dec 29 with 2593 viewsQPROslo

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:29 - Dec 29 by daveB

thing is with Armstrong he has great potential but needs a loan spell playing week in week out or he needs to be playing for us every week, for a club that's supposed to be about developing players we are doing a terrible job with him.

Mind you this is all based on pure guesswork with his Instagram closure, few months ago Willock posted something from the bible and everyone assumed there was a deeper meaning about him leaving the club but was just a quote from the bible that meant something to him in that moment.

Yes, agree a loan to a loan to a lower league Club where he'd play more may help him. With only Dykes and Kelman this season that's not been possible, and I'm far from sure that will change in the January window.
Sinclair Armstrong on 13:08 - Dec 29 with 2562 viewsHedged

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:15 - Dec 29 by NW5Hoop

Can't imagine Armstrong would be leaving for much more than peanuts regardless of his contract situation. It's not like his performances and record suggest he'd move for a big fee. TBH, if we got cashews instead of peanuts, I'd be happy.

And this is a player *I like*. God, this club.

Well let's say we get £500,000. Which is peanuts really.

And let's say he's on £3,000 a week now

Plus we know we also have offered him a 5 year contract recently so that's got to be a pay rise of say £15,000 a week

That gives us budget for £37,000 a week of wages between January and end of season

You could get a decent striker in on loan who actually does score plus you might have enough left over to sign Tim on loan from Villa

As for those talking about loans. Two seasons ago he did go out on loan. Maybe if he had gone league one and played regularly Iast year he would be a slightly better player now. But I doubt it would be meaningfully different

And now it's too late to loan him out as he doesn't have enough time on his contract left to bother

I'm hoping we get rid if won't sign the contract and we reinvest those peanuts
Sinclair Armstrong on 13:12 - Dec 29 with 2530 viewsSK_hoops

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:58 - Dec 29 by Watford_Ranger

So many of our players in recent times have not only not improved, but actually regressed.

Dykes - 12 goals in his first season. I know we are only half way through this one, but it will be a miracle if he scores 9 more this season.

Dieng and Dickie - rubbish last season.

Willock - possibly injury, but prime Willock was game changing.

Dunne and Field - seem to have got worse this season.

There are probably more examples too, sadly.

If we are just talking players who never really improved, then the list is too long to even attempt.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 13:16]
Sinclair Armstrong on 13:14 - Dec 29 with 2523 viewsPaddyhoops

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:54 - Dec 29 by Dorse

I haven't felt anything since Dom Ball left.

Hello darkness my old friend...

Dom , My Hero.
Sinclair Armstrong on 13:55 - Dec 29 with 2288 viewsDeanoMD

Acting like babies. getting paid more than any of us lot a week to present complete dross game after game.

They deserve the stick they get online.

I'm fully behind Marti, hopefully he's kicking them all squarely in the bollox.

As i've said previously the out of contract guys should be worried because no fooker is gonna want to sign any of them as they are all shite.....
Sinclair Armstrong on 14:06 - Dec 29 with 2228 viewslassel

Sinclair Armstrong on 13:08 - Dec 29 by Hedged

Plus we know we also have offered him a 5 year contract recently so that's got to be a pay rise of say £15,000 a week

That gives us budget for £37,000 a week of wages between January and end of season

You could get a decent striker in on loan who actually does score plus you might have enough left over to sign Tim on loan from Villa

As for those talking about loans. Two seasons ago he did go out on loan. Maybe if he had gone league one and played regularly Iast year he would be a slightly better player now. But I doubt it would be meaningfully different

And now it's too late to loan him out as he doesn't have enough time on his contract left to bother

You think we were offering Armstrong £18k a week?!!

The club have an option on him so can extend him to summer 25 and loan him out in January *if* he’s leaving for which we have nothing so much as vague evidence of.

If he does leave though I’d put my mortgage on him going downwards, not upwards.
Sinclair Armstrong on 14:21 - Dec 29 with 2158 viewskensalriser

Comedy gold this thread.

The definition of insanity - being a QPR fan.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:22 - Dec 29 with 2156 viewsted_hendrix

Sinclair Armstrong on 13:12 - Dec 29 by SK_hoops

So many of our players in recent times have not only not improved, but actually regressed.

Dykes - 12 goals in his first season. I know we are only half way through this one, but it will be a miracle if he scores 9 more this season.

Dieng and Dickie - rubbish last season.

Willock - possibly injury, but prime Willock was game changing.

Dunne and Field - seem to have got worse this season.

There are probably more examples too, sadly.

If we are just talking players who never really improved, then the list is too long to even attempt.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 13:16]

Very much agree with this especially this comment:

**Dunne and Field - seem to have got worse this season.**

Both of them have got worse, I've seen Dunne play extremely well for us and the same with Field. In real terms each of the two of them are gonna have 'off days' that me and most blokes can live with but these 'off days' are too regular now, Field was getting himself booked within minutes of Kick Off and Dunne now scares me to death and doesn't look right at all.

I got this horrible feeling creeping Into my bonce that's saying "I dont care anymore" and I can't shake It off.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:26 - Dec 29 with 2117 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:02 - Dec 29 by Dorse

Makes you wonder why they bother. There are so many better things to do. What do they imagine the best case scenario to be?
'Jimmy? Look at this!'
'What is it Sincs? New cat video?'
'Not this time. It's much better. Turns out that we've been doing football all wrong'
'Really? Let me see that... "Play better you fcuking nonce" from someone called Masturb8. Well, that's great advice! Got any more?'
'Sure do, Jimmy. ma55ivec0cknball5 says "If you don't play better I will kill your pets #notjoking". Well, I don't think that sounds very nice. I'd better score 5 goals in the next game'.
'Yes, me too, Sincs.'

Is ma55ivec0cknball5 Kurt Zouma? Didn't know he was a fan
Sinclair Armstrong on 14:29 - Dec 29 with 2098 viewsNed_Kennedys

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:46 - Dec 29 by connell10

Armstrong should have been out on loan never in the first team.i still think the lad has potential but sometimes I think his mental attitude to the game is some what lacking..

100% Sinclair should have been out on loan all this season, hopefully developing and scoring a lot of goals.
However the management/recruitment team abjectly failed to sort the forward situation out and there was no way we could do the season with just Dykes and Kelman.

Armstrong definitely has potential and should have benefitted from coaching this season but hasn’t approved which once again is down to management teams both past and present IMO.
Sinclair Armstrong on 15:10 - Dec 29 with 1947 viewsHedged

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:29 - Dec 29 by Ned_Kennedys

100% Sinclair should have been out on loan all this season, hopefully developing and scoring a lot of goals.
However the management/recruitment team abjectly failed to sort the forward situation out and there was no way we could do the season with just Dykes and Kelman.

Armstrong definitely has potential and should have benefitted from coaching this season but hasn’t approved which once again is down to management teams both past and present IMO.

What would the benefit be of him being out on loan for this entire season if he won't sign a new contract? Isn’t that mainly benefiting his next club he joins on a free?

He would come back for one season possibly when we are in League One. Then we would lose him on a free transfer. We would also then have had to pay for a striker wages out of our limited budget. So almost definitely wouldn’t have been able to sign Cannon

Surprising to me how many on here are implying that they are happy to lose him on a free end of next season because I really don't believe that to be true
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 15:12]
Sinclair Armstrong on 15:20 - Dec 29 with 1897 viewsDiscodroids

Same here . I'd miss any of them as much as i'd miss a mucus lodged jolly green giant sweetcorn Kernal fused in one of my stools.

When i think of how i felt when wegerle, Peacock, Sinton and langley left... couldn't give a flying Yaks hairy cvnt who leaves.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 16:03]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Sinclair Armstrong on 15:45 - Dec 29 with 1796 viewsdaveB

Sinclair Armstrong on 15:10 - Dec 29 by Hedged

What would the benefit be of him being out on loan for this entire season if he won't sign a new contract? Isn’t that mainly benefiting his next club he joins on a free?

He would come back for one season possibly when we are in League One. Then we would lose him on a free transfer. We would also then have had to pay for a striker wages out of our limited budget. So almost definitely wouldn’t have been able to sign Cannon

Surprising to me how many on here are implying that they are happy to lose him on a free end of next season because I really don't believe that to be true

where is this he won't sign a contract thing coming from? He has another 18 months left anyway
Sinclair Armstrong on 16:20 - Dec 29 with 1677 viewsNW5Hoop

Sinclair Armstrong on 13:08 - Dec 29 by Hedged

I’ve got more chance of hitting a six to win the T20 World Cup for England than Armstrong has of getting £18k a week out of QPR.
Sinclair Armstrong on 16:41 - Dec 29 with 1598 viewsHedged

Sinclair Armstrong on 15:45 - Dec 29 by daveB

where is this he won't sign a contract thing coming from? He has another 18 months left anyway

He was offered a 5 year deal in October:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/sinclair-armstrong-qpr-new-contract-ma

https://www.teamtalk.com/queens-park-rangers/sources-qpr-advanced-talks-over-att

He still hasn't signed it and a couple of days before window opens we have this deleting Rangers posts on Instagram then the whole account.

So it's not a fact he won't sign. It's just if he won't sign then I think we should try and force him out and get money for him now

If we don't do that, the same fans will be moaning at the club if he eventually leaves on a free. But if he won't sign a new deal this is our only other option as I see it anyway
Sinclair Armstrong on 16:52 - Dec 29 with 1550 viewsnix

Sinclair Armstrong on 15:10 - Dec 29 by Hedged

That's my take on it too. If he'd been prepared to sign a longer contract then we'd have sent him out on loan. But why should we invest in him for some other club to reap the benefits. It doesn't make any sense.
Sinclair Armstrong on 17:02 - Dec 29 with 1471 viewssdm1508

Sinclair Armstrong on 23:08 - Dec 28 by Lblock

This is a fella who Man City were looking at if I recall

I think Sinclair has potential
Like to seem him fufill some of that here

Dunne I was a huge fan of and cut him a lot of slack
I’ve run out of slack now
His reaction at the end of the Southampton game still irks me but not as much as his recent think performances irk me

If they both leave then….. oh well

Just reading through this thread. What was his reaction after the Southampton game? His performances have gone downhill so much. When he first came to the club he seemed to be a cut a above. Commanding and in control. Now rash decisions, constantly out of position and caught out by the ball over the top and looks so uncomfortable on the ball
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024