Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics 16:02 - Jan 4 with 6196 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 19:48 - Jan 4 with 1894 viewsOldPedro

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 19:26 - Jan 4 by bosh67

I just hope that the club aren't stupid enough to eject him if we go down and actually do everything they can to help him eject 90% of this squad and actually build one, albeit in L1 that gives a sh*t and doesn't have the mentality of a meringue in a microwave. Cifuentes is the only decent thing that's walked into this club in ages.

We have lots of players out of contract at the end of this season and assuming we end up in League One next season, several of the players who would still be under contract (Chair, Paal, Clarke-Salter) would probably be sold.

Whatever happens, there will be a big turnover of players next summer, so it's imperative that we have a DOF in place who can work with the scouting team and Cifuentes to rebuild a squad that can compete in League One

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 19:50 - Jan 4 with 1881 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

100% and i wonder if there is a clause in his contract regarding relegation? Can he just walk?

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 20:22 - Jan 4 with 1816 viewsManinBlack

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 16:46 - Jan 4 by Rangersw12

We were conceding around 3 goals a game under Ainsworth

At least now if we do manage to score 1 we should at least get a point

Yes like we the one goal we scored against Sheffield and Cardiff and still got nil points. Three may have been Ainsworth's average but now we are settling for two but you won't win many letting two in on average. Our manager is right that draws are no good to us so if all we can hope for is a point per game like the goalless Plymouth and Ipswich games than league 1 it is.
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 20:34 - Jan 4 with 1801 viewsStainrod

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 20:22 - Jan 4 by ManinBlack

Yes like we the one goal we scored against Sheffield and Cardiff and still got nil points. Three may have been Ainsworth's average but now we are settling for two but you won't win many letting two in on average. Our manager is right that draws are no good to us so if all we can hope for is a point per game like the goalless Plymouth and Ipswich games than league 1 it is.

It’s clearly progress. For me the goals conceded under Ainsworth was just as big a problem as the (more complained about) lack of goals scored.

Improving the defence is a necessary but not sufficient condition to recover.
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 20:53 - Jan 4 with 1773 viewsHunterhoop

Also indicates the holding midfielder possibly isn’t playing as badly as some think, especially when we play a back which includes Dunne!
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 20:57 - Jan 4 with 1769 viewsHunterhoop

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 16:50 - Jan 4 by Paddyhoops

What’s the XG on soft muscle injuries?

I think our XI (Expected Injuries) is about 2 per game at the minute. It’s increased since that 3 win run ended…unsurprisingly for this lot.
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 22:12 - Jan 4 with 1682 viewsPhilmyRs

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 20:53 - Jan 4 by Hunterhoop

Also indicates the holding midfielder possibly isn’t playing as badly as some think, especially when we play a back which includes Dunne!

Think a lot of people’s issue with the defensive midfielder is not his defensive skills, It’s his ability to use the ball more progressively and not just go back or sideways, possibly even chip in with the odd goal. Those stats don’t help with that debate although I freely admit I’m not as into stats as some.
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 23:06 - Jan 4 with 1612 viewsDannyPaddox

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 16:50 - Jan 4 by Paddyhoops

What’s the XG on soft muscle injuries?

It’s about time we heard from our resident expert on expected torn calves .. QPR XTC.
[Post edited 4 Jan 23:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 00:40 - Jan 5 with 1538 viewsnumptydumpty

What's the xg that we are estimated to be scoring though...

At least one does not become three very quickly.

Multiple three nil home defeats no longer !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 00:53 - Jan 5 with 1510 viewsSydneyRs

The first thing you have to do in turning around any team is to sort out the defence. Then you try to build from there but as we know the cupboard is bare in terms of forward options or the ability to add to them. And time is running out.

Cifuentes is doing a decent job in very difficult circumstances. Even if we go down I hope he stays on.
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 01:55 - Jan 5 with 1495 viewslave16

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 00:53 - Jan 5 by SydneyRs

The first thing you have to do in turning around any team is to sort out the defence. Then you try to build from there but as we know the cupboard is bare in terms of forward options or the ability to add to them. And time is running out.

Cifuentes is doing a decent job in very difficult circumstances. Even if we go down I hope he stays on.

Someone mentioned 20 cup finals - with our cup form we are snookered.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 05:52 - Jan 5 with 1430 viewsFDC

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 16:24 - Jan 4 by ted_hendrix

If you say so.

86% of data analysts agree
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 09:15 - Jan 5 with 1357 viewsRangersw12

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 22:12 - Jan 4 by PhilmyRs

Think a lot of people’s issue with the defensive midfielder is not his defensive skills, It’s his ability to use the ball more progressively and not just go back or sideways, possibly even chip in with the odd goal. Those stats don’t help with that debate although I freely admit I’m not as into stats as some.

TBF to Field that isn't his job it's up to the other midfielders to use the ball more progressively
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 09:30 - Jan 5 with 1336 viewsPhilmyRs

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 09:15 - Jan 5 by Rangersw12

TBF to Field that isn't his job it's up to the other midfielders to use the ball more progressively

That's not his job? So all we should expect from Field or any other holding midfielder is to hassle, tackle, and pass the ball backwards? Said it on a previous thread but the role of a defensive midfielder is no longer just for a David Batty type, you need to be able to use the ball too.

I thought Declan Rice wasn't good enough when he first came into the England side. He could tackle and slot in to defence when needed but was limited. He added the ability to carry the ball forward and also started to be an option for receiving the ball and moving it on quickly and effectively. He's now a top, top player. Field won't reach those heights but he should be better than what he is, 'with the ball'. I have no issue with him defensively but in the modern game, playing a style of Football like our Manager wants us to play, that position is crucial for building patterns of play and getting other players into the game.
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 10:02 - Jan 5 with 1273 viewsRangersw12

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 09:30 - Jan 5 by PhilmyRs

That's not his job? So all we should expect from Field or any other holding midfielder is to hassle, tackle, and pass the ball backwards? Said it on a previous thread but the role of a defensive midfielder is no longer just for a David Batty type, you need to be able to use the ball too.

I thought Declan Rice wasn't good enough when he first came into the England side. He could tackle and slot in to defence when needed but was limited. He added the ability to carry the ball forward and also started to be an option for receiving the ball and moving it on quickly and effectively. He's now a top, top player. Field won't reach those heights but he should be better than what he is, 'with the ball'. I have no issue with him defensively but in the modern game, playing a style of Football like our Manager wants us to play, that position is crucial for building patterns of play and getting other players into the game.

For a championship team in the bottom 3 it is enough other midfielders should be braver on the ball and give better options

It's like blaming Dunne for our lack of goal scoring
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 10:38 - Jan 5 with 1223 viewsPhilmyRs

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 10:02 - Jan 5 by Rangersw12

For a championship team in the bottom 3 it is enough other midfielders should be braver on the ball and give better options

It's like blaming Dunne for our lack of goal scoring

It’s nothing like blaming Dunne for our lack of goals although I think it’s fair to say under our new manager, you can see huge differences between Dunne and JCS in how they play, especially with the ball, which does contribute to some of our problems.

We’re in the bottom 3, correct, so the question is how do we get out of it. We have a Manager that wants to ultimately play possession football and build from the back. Clearly a holding midfielder, as well as providing a defensive shield needs to be able to help with our build up play, so be comfortable at receiving the ball and using it well. Of course others also need to do this, but you seem satisfied for your centre midfielder to just be an enforcer/destroyer – guessing you were a fan of Karl Henry? – and I’m saying in the modern football world, they need to do a bit more. If Field and Dozzell show a bit more guts with the ball, we’ll be better for it. Teams are playing such a high line against us, pressing us in numbers and having Dozzell/Field dropping deep to receive the ball but then just playing a give and go with a centre back or full back, just makes the opposition press even more effective. A lot more bravery on the ball from Dozzell, and more bravery from Field, and you’ll see much better performances from us.
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 12:22 - Jan 5 with 1102 viewsOldPedro

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 09:15 - Jan 5 by Rangersw12

I suppose it's a bit like Holloway and Wilkins or Derry and Adel where, on the whole, Holloway/Derry were there to win the ball and give it to the more creative player in Wilkins/Adel.

Field is the ball-winner (Holloway/Derry) - not sure who is the creative player currently, maybe EDB but not unfortunately Dozzell.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 13:28 - Jan 5 with 1022 viewsE15Hoop

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 05:52 - Jan 5 by FDC

86% of data analysts agree

Presumably the other 14% are now looking for jobs outside of data analysis..
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 14:28 - Jan 5 with 915 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 19:50 - Jan 4 by UPPERLOFTNZ

100% and i wonder if there is a clause in his contract regarding relegation? Can he just walk?

Yea I've been thinking about this, having apparently wanted Marti for a good while now and finally landing him but with us looking very likely to be relegated you would imagine there will be some sort of guarantee he will be here next year.

There is a very real possibility it won't matter as if he keeps doing the job he has done and is doing another team(a better one)will take him of our hands and I would imagine he will be relieved to escape.

Those stats show he has worked a small miracle and it also to me points out something we all know and have known for ages......and that is that we desperately need a goal scoring stiker rather than a non goal scoring striker(which apparently among some people is a thing worthy of having, not a low scoring striker a non scoring striker). As suspected, even with improved set up and performance the results remain similar as we have no Dick to go with our balls.
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 14:40 - Jan 5 with 885 viewsJuzzie

Fck it... go back to 4-4-2 and jumpers for goalposts! Two actual goal scoring strikers upfront, 4 in midfield (2 wingers and two CM's), four across the back (two CB's, two full backs).
Tired of all this 3521234, attacking/overlapping full backs, no. 10's, non scoring strikers, etc etc.

Hmpppff.....
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 23:33 - Jan 5 with 731 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 14:40 - Jan 5 by Juzzie

Fck it... go back to 4-4-2 and jumpers for goalposts! Two actual goal scoring strikers upfront, 4 in midfield (2 wingers and two CM's), four across the back (two CB's, two full backs).
Tired of all this 3521234, attacking/overlapping full backs, no. 10's, non scoring strikers, etc etc.

Hmpppff.....

Wouldn't it be fun just to go for that just once? Just fcukkk modern bullshitt and just play football, go for it, get at um, put it in the box, have a striker who scores goals, wouldn't it be at least enjoyable?

Rather than 11 players who put all there effort into not making any individual errors(but make many).....urghhhhhh
[Post edited 6 Jan 5:45]
Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 01:51 - Jan 6 with 678 viewslave16

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 14:40 - Jan 5 by Juzzie

Hmpppff.....

Knowing us we'd go Beverley Hills 90210 before 442. Although 442 with dyke's and Armstrong would be interesting.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 07:57 - Jan 6 with 614 viewsRangersw12

Encouraging stats from QPR Analytics on 01:51 - Jan 6 by lave16

Knowing us we'd go Beverley Hills 90210 before 442. Although 442 with dyke's and Armstrong would be interesting.

Like it was interesting under Ainsworth
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024