Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst owners we've had 21:10 - Jan 6 with 1880 viewsGloucs_R

Where would this lot be in that list?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Worst owners we've had on 21:19 - Jan 6 with 1819 viewsRangersw12

Got to be up there but Paladini was worse and started the rot
Worst owners we've had on 21:21 - Jan 6 with 1803 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just don't understand what they think they are doing. Why would you tolerate this? Why would you pay the likes of Ramsey a six-figure salary for a decade? Is it some kind of elaborate tax dodge?
Worst owners we've had on 21:26 - Jan 6 with 1782 viewsQPRConor2000

Got to be up there surely?

Fernandes blowing half a billion quid on the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Julio Cesar, Ji Sung Park, Harry Redknapp just to name a few.
Worst owners we've had on 21:30 - Jan 6 with 1765 viewsrbee

Tony Fernandes is the worst owner we have ever had.

Fernandes roped in his mate Ruben with promises of Premier League riches. Amit was brought in by Mittal.

Mittal and Fernandes have disappeared leaving Ruben and Amit to run the club along with the mysterious Richard Reilly. I doubt Ruben or Amit ever started out with the idea of owning a football club but right now they are keeping us afloat.

Only now am I critical of our current owners, as Clive says in his piece we are looking at them for direction, leadership and the appointment of a new Director of Football. Critically right now nothing is happening.

As far as being critical of Tony Fernades goes, how long have you got?
Worst owners we've had on 21:33 - Jan 6 with 1746 viewsTonto

Is it the owners of FFP?

I didnt hear too many people.complaining when. we signed Austin and Johansen. It's that which has got us in a pickle right now.

Yes they have made msitakes but they are hamstrung by FFP far more than those mistakes or incompetence.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Worst owners we've had on 21:33 - Jan 6 with 1743 viewsqpr_1968

Worst owners we've had on 21:26 - Jan 6 by QPRConor2000

Fernandes blowing half a billion quid on the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Julio Cesar, Ji Sung Park, Harry Redknapp just to name a few.

and just to think they kept us waiting for a couple of weeks to announce a massive signing that was ji sung park before the first game of the season when we got thrashed....groans all round.....

i'd rather of had a couple of weeks in sun park apartments, playa blanca...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Worst owners we've had on 21:36 - Jan 6 with 1723 viewsrbee

Worst owners we've had on 21:26 - Jan 6 by QPRConor2000

Fernandes.

Not our current owners.
Worst owners we've had on 21:40 - Jan 6 with 1692 viewspaulparker

Fernandes and chums top of the list by a country mile
Not once but twice they could have secured this clubs future for years and years to come but fcuked up in spectacular style to such an extent we are free falling into league one and probably league 2
A real sliding doors moment could have been the mittals taking over QPR and phony Tony taking over West Ham and running them into the ground

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Worst owners we've had on 21:50 - Jan 6 with 1632 viewscolinallcars

In all my decades of supporting Rangers, I've never felt so beleagured - almost like we're at war with our owners:
What do we want with eggs and ham,
When we've got plum and apple jam.
Worst owners we've had on 21:52 - Jan 6 with 1624 viewsbaz_qpr

It does not matter who the owners are to be frank, the day everyone signed up to FFP we were done. Bernie and Flavio would not have been able to put I the money they did. With the explosion in premiership money and then costs (yet they are still all losing money) and the huge parachute payments it is incredibly difficult to be competitive. Brexit made it worse as you can't pick up cheaper players in the European market, and then rules which allows cat A academies to pinch other teams kids for next to nothing.
We could have completely clean slate FFP and we are still losing £10m a year before we kick a ball. Unless we can move and generate more income or go down and build from League 1 without the FFP restrictions I dont see what can / will / could / should change to make much of a difference
Worst owners we've had on 21:58 - Jan 6 with 1581 viewsrbee

I have never heard or read anything to suggest that Lakshmi Mittal was ever interested in buying the club. I believe it was a bit of fun with his mate Flavio. Had the club been successful then things with Mittal might have been different.

I don't understand why people are being so critical of Amit and Rubin, the real damage was done by Fernandes when he was the majority shareholder.

The last thing he did was to remove Ollie and install Steve McClaren. Only when that failed did he take a back seat and Ruben become the majority shareholder.
Worst owners we've had on 22:15 - Jan 6 with 1511 viewsGloucs_R

Worst owners we've had on 21:52 - Jan 6 by baz_qpr

It does not matter who the owners are to be frank, the day everyone signed up to FFP we were done. Bernie and Flavio would not have been able to put I the money they did. With the explosion in premiership money and then costs (yet they are still all losing money) and the huge parachute payments it is incredibly difficult to be competitive. Brexit made it worse as you can't pick up cheaper players in the European market, and then rules which allows cat A academies to pinch other teams kids for next to nothing.
We could have completely clean slate FFP and we are still losing £10m a year before we kick a ball. Unless we can move and generate more income or go down and build from League 1 without the FFP restrictions I dont see what can / will / could / should change to make much of a difference

It's been ten years since they announced plans to move to a new stadium....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Worst owners we've had on 22:18 - Jan 6 with 1491 viewsqpr_1968

Worst owners we've had on 22:15 - Jan 6 by Gloucs_R

It's been ten years since they announced plans to move to a new stadium....

and 10 managers in just under 9 years.....is that some sort of record in the top 2 divisions.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Worst owners we've had on 22:37 - Jan 6 with 1420 viewslassel

It depends which of the owners you’re thinking of really.

Fernandes obviously was a total disaster as he was always going to be. The only saving grace is that the Malaysian banks took such a bath on Caterham that when he wanted cash to buy QPR he had to put up a shitload of Tune stock and so couldn’t just fck the club into liquidation and run away when it all went tits up.

While we will obviously never know the pitch Fernandes gave them, I have no doubt the Gnanalingams had never had any interest in buying a football club, and I’m quite sure the pitch didn’t discuss the possibility that they’d have to be throwing in £m’s per month to keep the club going. Their initial investment was secured against Westports which has exploded in growth since then, so I’m sure they managed to refinance long ago but still I have no doubt they never envisaged being left holding the bag when TF offered them a cheeky punt into a PL football club.

If anybody was mentally unstable enough to take it off his hands, Ruben would have their arm off at the elbow to be shot of it.

The fact then becomes that ultimately he is still financing the club while he tried to get rid, still putting in cash monthly to ensure we have the cashflow to pay our obligations. Even if he finds a buyer, I’d be amazed if he gets more than 5p/£1 of what he’s put in, so it likely wouldn’t be much worse financially for him to just dump the club into administration and get a clean break, but he hasn’t don’t that when many others might’ve so I can’t get on his back too much.
Worst owners we've had on 05:20 - Jan 7 with 1237 viewsThe_Beast1976

Worst owners we've had on 22:37 - Jan 6 by lassel

It depends which of the owners you’re thinking of really.

Fernandes obviously was a total disaster as he was always going to be. The only saving grace is that the Malaysian banks took such a bath on Caterham that when he wanted cash to buy QPR he had to put up a shitload of Tune stock and so couldn’t just fck the club into liquidation and run away when it all went tits up.

While we will obviously never know the pitch Fernandes gave them, I have no doubt the Gnanalingams had never had any interest in buying a football club, and I’m quite sure the pitch didn’t discuss the possibility that they’d have to be throwing in £m’s per month to keep the club going. Their initial investment was secured against Westports which has exploded in growth since then, so I’m sure they managed to refinance long ago but still I have no doubt they never envisaged being left holding the bag when TF offered them a cheeky punt into a PL football club.

If anybody was mentally unstable enough to take it off his hands, Ruben would have their arm off at the elbow to be shot of it.

The fact then becomes that ultimately he is still financing the club while he tried to get rid, still putting in cash monthly to ensure we have the cashflow to pay our obligations. Even if he finds a buyer, I’d be amazed if he gets more than 5p/£1 of what he’s put in, so it likely wouldn’t be much worse financially for him to just dump the club into administration and get a clean break, but he hasn’t don’t that when many others might’ve so I can’t get on his back too much.

Good post. The thing is, it makes it difficult to know where we go from here when we have a disinterested ownership that is leaving the club rudderless and crashing downwards, whilst at the same time is paying the bills to keep us afloat, but there is noone crazy enough out there to 'buy out' the aforesaid disinterested ownership. What a mess. I blame Tony Fernandes.

The only thing we can hope for is that we get new cash rich owners when we go down to L1, who can then invest heavily in completely new management (CEO and DOF), coaches (get rid of Hall, Ramsey and other failures), and players (most of the 1st team squad) without the FFP restrictions and punishments.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024