Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hateley speaks 22:44 - Jan 11 with 6403 viewsCamberleyR

Putting his two pennyworth in.

Twãt.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Mark Hateley speaks on 22:51 - Jan 11 with 4711 viewsflynnbo

What an absolute tosser.
Mark Hateley speaks on 22:52 - Jan 11 with 4700 viewsNorthernr

Thank God, I was just starting to wonder what he thought of it all.
Mark Hateley speaks on 22:55 - Jan 11 with 4683 viewsParkRoyalR

Mark Hateley speaks on 22:52 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Thank God, I was just starting to wonder what he thought of it all.

For some reason a 0-3 defeat at Highbury always come to mind when I think of the worse individual performance ever by an R's player, namely Mark Hateley.

Memory could be playing tricks but left that game with a life-long loathing for the bloke.
Mark Hateley speaks on 22:55 - Jan 11 with 4680 viewsNorthernr

Mark Hateley speaks on 22:55 - Jan 11 by ParkRoyalR

For some reason a 0-3 defeat at Highbury always come to mind when I think of the worse individual performance ever by an R's player, namely Mark Hateley.

Memory could be playing tricks but left that game with a life-long loathing for the bloke.

I was at that. Christmas game right? Absolutely bleak, and so, so, so cold.
Mark Hateley speaks on 22:57 - Jan 11 with 4663 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, he should know. He brought us down once before.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mark Hateley speaks on 23:00 - Jan 11 with 4626 viewsCamberleyR

Mark Hateley speaks on 22:55 - Jan 11 by Northernr

I was at that. Christmas game right? Absolutely bleak, and so, so, so cold.

Yep, Boxing Day 1995. Didn't lay a glove on Arsenal who didn't need to get out of first gear and probably didn't have an easier game that season.

I was there too and me and my Dad came away from that game thinking we were bang in trouble.
[Post edited 11 Jan 23:01]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Mark Hateley speaks on 23:02 - Jan 11 with 4599 viewsNorthernr

Mark Hateley speaks on 23:00 - Jan 11 by CamberleyR

Yep, Boxing Day 1995. Didn't lay a glove on Arsenal who didn't need to get out of first gear and probably didn't have an easier game that season.

I was there too and me and my Dad came away from that game thinking we were bang in trouble.
[Post edited 11 Jan 23:01]

My only recollection from a young mind with a lot of beer under the bridge since is it was the first time I remember David Bardsley looking really, really poor. Need to go back and check if he actually played...
Mark Hateley speaks on 23:03 - Jan 11 with 4581 viewsNorthernr

Mark Hateley speaks on 23:02 - Jan 11 by Northernr

My only recollection from a young mind with a lot of beer under the bridge since is it was the first time I remember David Bardsley looking really, really poor. Need to go back and check if he actually played...

Hmmmmm.

J Sommer, D Bardsley, A McDonald, S Yates, R Brevett, T Sinclair, A Impey, S Barker, R Wilkins (D Dichio, 74), K Gallen (I Holloway, 66), M Hateley
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Hateley speaks on 23:30 - Jan 11 with 4460 viewsaston_hoop

That game at Highbury was my second ever QPR game, I was in the Arsenal end as a young kid

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Mark Hateley speaks on 23:47 - Jan 11 with 4398 viewsSydneyRs

Cares more about us now than he ever appeared to as a player.
Mark Hateley speaks on 23:56 - Jan 11 with 4368 viewsBluce_Ree

No one has a higher opinion of Mark Hateley than me. And I think he's fking shit.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Mark Hateley speaks on 00:17 - Jan 12 with 4319 viewsnumptydumpty

Mark Hateley speaks on 23:03 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Hmmmmm.

J Sommer, D Bardsley, A McDonald, S Yates, R Brevett, T Sinclair, A Impey, S Barker, R Wilkins (D Dichio, 74), K Gallen (I Holloway, 66), M Hateley

Loss of Ferdinand, Sinton and Wilson the difference from top five to relegation.

Stejskal was my favourite goalkeeper of all time too.

But Hateley for Ferdinand no comparison...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Mark Hateley speaks on 05:58 - Jan 12 with 4087 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Mark Hateley speaks on 00:17 - Jan 12 by numptydumpty

Loss of Ferdinand, Sinton and Wilson the difference from top five to relegation.

Stejskal was my favourite goalkeeper of all time too.

But Hateley for Ferdinand no comparison...

Stejskal for sure my favourite goalkeeper we have had also, Absolutely loved him as a kid! Any goalie was gonna struggle to convince me when filling in his shoes(gloves?) but I really didn't like Sommer, he always tried to punch the ball, every cross, problem was he couldn't do it, always sent it into a worse position that it came from.

To many first names on the team sheet sold that summer to ever survive what was coming. Yeah Bardsley had seen his best days go by then and was done far to many times that day.

As for Hateley what a clown, couldn't cut it at that point, way past his best....horrible signing he was, kinda summed up the season.

That season is like the memory of your parents divorce...things were never the same again were they. I actually struggle to think about that season.
[Post edited 12 Jan 5:58]
Mark Hateley speaks on 06:59 - Jan 12 with 3984 viewsHastings_Hoops

Hmmmmm.

Criminal that that team got relegated. I know the reasons, but that was still quite a team on paper as the last three home results of that season showed.
Mark Hateley speaks on 07:03 - Jan 12 with 3975 viewsHoopstar

I was at that game aged 9 with my mums cousins in the Arsenal end.

Still dislike them to this day.
Mark Hateley speaks on 07:52 - Jan 12 with 3907 viewsGroveR

Mark Hateley speaks on 06:59 - Jan 12 by Hastings_Hoops

Criminal that that team got relegated. I know the reasons, but that was still quite a team on paper as the last three home results of that season showed.

I absolutely idolised Ray as a player but can't help thinking the player/ manager gig was a big part of why that team went down. I can actually see what he was thinking in getting an experienced pro in to support and develop Kev and Dichio, it's just poor judgement he chose a selfish, talentless carthorse who threw him under the bus.

What still baffles me is how that squad (plus Peacock and Spencer) didn't do better than 9th in the division below.
Mark Hateley speaks on 08:01 - Jan 12 with 3876 viewsJuzzie

Mark Hateley speaks on 23:30 - Jan 11 by aston_hoop

That game at Highbury was my second ever QPR game, I was in the Arsenal end as a young kid

My brother and I were in the north bank upper tier! A guy at work gave me his season ticket books as he couldn’t make it.
‘Kin awful game and surrounded by smug gooners while Wright and Merson tore us a new one.
Mark Hateley speaks on 08:07 - Jan 12 with 3847 viewsstowmarketrange

Mark Hateley speaks on 07:52 - Jan 12 by GroveR

I absolutely idolised Ray as a player but can't help thinking the player/ manager gig was a big part of why that team went down. I can actually see what he was thinking in getting an experienced pro in to support and develop Kev and Dichio, it's just poor judgement he chose a selfish, talentless carthorse who threw him under the bus.

What still baffles me is how that squad (plus Peacock and Spencer) didn't do better than 9th in the division below.

Losing Gallen in the 2nd game of the season cost us badly that season.I think we were top after those first two wins but never replaced his goals.
Mark Hateley speaks on 08:21 - Jan 12 with 3803 viewskernowhoop

Hmmmmm.

Yes, it was a higher division, but all of those players would take places in the current team, including the statuesque striker.
Mark Hateley speaks on 09:03 - Jan 12 with 3700 viewsngbqpr

Back to the OP.

I've actually taken some smug pleasure in that. Here's my train of thought:

He's very negative about the club in general...not normally the way wizened old pros talk about "my old club"...which means he doesn't like us...because he knows we hated him...as we suspected after the infamous ear cupping...but 30 odd years on he knows we STILL hate him, and it bugs him so much he gives a bitter interview to a two bob rag.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Mark Hateley speaks on 09:09 - Jan 12 with 3679 viewsNorthernr

Mark Hateley speaks on 06:59 - Jan 12 by Hastings_Hoops

I know I've said this before but even with the sales, even with the criminal mismanagement of Wilson's contract, and even with Les leaving, it was still salvageable. Kasey Keller, Matt Elliott, Alex Rae, Clive Mendonca, Andy Booth, Steve Guppy all moved around that time collectively for the money we spent on Sommer, Zelic, Hateley, Osborn, Goodridge etc. That would have settled you in the Premier League as the TV deal got big. In fact, Leicester bought three of those and went on to win cups and play in Europe.
Mark Hateley speaks on 09:28 - Jan 12 with 3605 viewsted_hendrix

Introduced to the crowd on crutches and spent his QPR playing career asif he was playing whilst holding onto his crutches.
[Post edited 12 Jan 9:47]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mark Hateley speaks on 09:32 - Jan 12 with 3598 viewswombat

Mark Hateley speaks on 09:28 - Jan 12 by ted_hendrix

Introduced to the crowd on crutches and spent his QPR playing career asif he was playing whilst holding onto his crutches.
[Post edited 12 Jan 9:47]

wasnt it the cup game agaisnt wimbledon he did the cupped ear motion when he scored a goal ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Mark Hateley speaks on 09:50 - Jan 12 with 3529 viewsted_hendrix

I thought that was home to Huddersfield? I can see It right now (cheeky bastard).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mark Hateley speaks on 09:57 - Jan 12 with 3506 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Hmmmmm.

I blame Barker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024