Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. 15:04 - Feb 2 with 3314 viewsSnipper

1. QPR v Tottenham, the Gurnham Singh match. I’ve never seen so many people so angry with what went on during the game.
That was as close as you’ll get to cheating.

2. Charlton v QPR in the FA Cup 4th round around 2000. It was refereed by our old mate, Rob Styles.
He really hated us. He gave us nothing all game.

3. QPR v Grimsby in our relegation season in 2000/01. Nothing wrong with the referee in this one.
We absolutely battered them for the first 80 minutes. We did everything but score. Their goalkeeper saved bloody everything, and he had the game of his life.
Then they broke away and scored to win 1-0. How we lost that game remains a mystery.

QPR v Man Utd in 1996 (Cantona) would definitely have been on the list, but I was on a weekender in Amsterdam.

There’s others, but I’ll leave them to you lot for your take.
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 19:38 - Feb 2 with 769 viewsTomS

There have been too many.

- Away to Bolton, Clint Hill's disallowed goal
- Home to Wigan. Adel Tarrabt in the wall ducking out of the way of the free kick.
- Away to Fulham when Tarrabt left the ground to get an early bus home. Was it 4-0 or 5-0 at halftime?
- Vauxhall Motors. That was unforgivable.
[Post edited 2 Feb 23:59]
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 20:03 - Feb 2 with 730 viewsQPsyR

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:07 - Feb 2 by daveB

That Grimsby one is up there for me, was heartbreaking and was my wifes birthday so we went out afterwards and I spent the night with the raving hump in the corner at her party with everyone thinking we'd had a row

also Sunderland cup game 2 years ago, chance of the quarter finals and typical Rangers didn't really turn up

I'd add in a home game v Liverpool in 1992, battered them for 90 minutes, live on tv and managed to lose 1-0

Yes totally, that Liverpool 1-0 defeat in 1992, we really should have won about 5-0. We absolutely battered them as you say. Was rammed as well and massive Rangers support.
But yes of fkn course as usual the Scousers score a jammy goal in the 87 minute (Steve Nicol 83rd in 83-84 FFS). Just normal Rangers in that as soon as we have that little chance to go one step beyond we fck it up and stay in our comfort zone. I think that's one of the games to start my heavy descent of losing the plot with Rangers

Thanks Dave I'm really p***** of now

However, this one was the one for me, a twisted portent of every fkn poxy s*** fkn thing that has come afterwards. About a year after the aforementioned Liverpool game as well. Basically to my mind (what's left of it) this game has become the normal benchmark of the whole QPR experience. 1993-94 season we started off well, got a bit indifferent - too many stupid late goals and silly home draws snatched from the jaws of a win (Spurs home FFS). However, we then got back properly firing, got on a decent run and could have gone 4th if we won this next game. Great Rangers support and turn out. New Years day and so much to look forward too. Then of course obviously this happens.........

I just knew it after that whatever happened in the end it would be nothing good, then we sold Peacock and now we are where we are now.
Semper idem
FFS

Have a lovely weekend everybody

FKA AcidPixie

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 20:49 - Feb 2 with 663 viewsFredManRave

Probably a random one for most to read but one that grates for me still, is the Wimbledon F.A.Cup game in Feb 97.

It's worth noting for the history books that we were actually partaking in an F.A.Cup 5th round game!

The crowd was over 22k and I reckon there were more than 12k Rangers there.

Local game for me as I was living in Croydon at the time, so, great meet up pre-match and one of those very rare occasions where away fans easily outnumbered the "home" fans, the potential of reaching the quarter final, and the party that would have ensued both inside and outside of the ground would have been sensational.

So, of course we scored first to get the party started and we all know the rest...

Absolutely gutted. What could have been. Easy next round draw, then beat Chelsea in the semis and then F.A.Cup glory against Brough in the final.

Bàstards.
[Post edited 2 Feb 20:55]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 21:19 - Feb 2 with 604 viewsHastings_Hoops

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 20:03 - Feb 2 by QPsyR

Yes totally, that Liverpool 1-0 defeat in 1992, we really should have won about 5-0. We absolutely battered them as you say. Was rammed as well and massive Rangers support.
But yes of fkn course as usual the Scousers score a jammy goal in the 87 minute (Steve Nicol 83rd in 83-84 FFS). Just normal Rangers in that as soon as we have that little chance to go one step beyond we fck it up and stay in our comfort zone. I think that's one of the games to start my heavy descent of losing the plot with Rangers

Thanks Dave I'm really p***** of now

However, this one was the one for me, a twisted portent of every fkn poxy s*** fkn thing that has come afterwards. About a year after the aforementioned Liverpool game as well. Basically to my mind (what's left of it) this game has become the normal benchmark of the whole QPR experience. 1993-94 season we started off well, got a bit indifferent - too many stupid late goals and silly home draws snatched from the jaws of a win (Spurs home FFS). However, we then got back properly firing, got on a decent run and could have gone 4th if we won this next game. Great Rangers support and turn out. New Years day and so much to look forward too. Then of course obviously this happens.........

I just knew it after that whatever happened in the end it would be nothing good, then we sold Peacock and now we are where we are now.
Semper idem
FFS

Have a lovely weekend everybody

Michael Meaker was actually really good, wasn’t he?… at the time we were spoilt with brilliant wingers so we probably didn’t appreciate how good he was.
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 21:24 - Feb 2 with 596 viewsCamberleyR

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:24 - Feb 2 by PhilmyRs

1. The Cantona equaliser
2. Play-off - "Tommy, square it"...
3. 2 up, lost 3-2 to Tottenham in the relegation season in 96

"2 up, lost 3-2 to Tottenham in the relegation season in 96"

Thanks to Karl fcking Ready getting them back into the game with an absolutely brain dead challenge on Sheringham in the penalty area.

Up to then, Spurs hadn't been in the game. Completely shifted the momentum round in their favour.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 21:28 - Feb 2 with 583 viewsMrSheen

Home against Liverpool about 1992. Les vatterered them for 88 minutes, then Ronnie Rosenthal scored
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 21:41 - Feb 2 with 545 viewsCamberleyR

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 16:27 - Feb 2 by GaryBannister86

Every single cup defeat in the late 90s when we had a side that could win the cup:

> getting the only draw, Man U away, where we didn't have a real likelihood of winning our quarter final

> losing to Man City in the cup when David Bloody White scored as he always did

> losing to Sheff Wed I think it was at home in some cup midweek

More recently that lino ruling out Austin's winner in the cup against Sunderland

still annoys me now

"Every single cup defeat in the late 90s when we had a side that could win the cup:

> getting the only draw, Man U away, where we didn't have a real likelihood of winning our quarter final "

You could add the 1990 FA Cup to that. Out of the other seven teams left in the sixth round, we had to draw soon to be league champions Liverpool.

Gave them a bloody good run for their money and the draw in that game was the least we deserved.

We could have drawn:
Second division Sheffield United
Second division Oldham Athletic
Fourth division Cambridge United
Man United - Finished below us that season and still a way off from the trophy juggernaut they became
Crystal Palace - Also finished below us
Aston Villa - Probably the best team after Liverpool, league runners up that season (but even so still ended up losing 3-0 to Oldham in the QF)

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 22:00 - Feb 2 with 530 viewsqueensparker

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 21:19 - Feb 2 by Hastings_Hoops

Michael Meaker was actually really good, wasn’t he?… at the time we were spoilt with brilliant wingers so we probably didn’t appreciate how good he was.

Nah. The Grim Meaker as we called him
Login to get fewer ads

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 22:02 - Feb 2 with 525 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 22:00 - Feb 2 by queensparker

End-of-Move Meaker we called him.

Very poor at that level.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 22:12 - Feb 2 with 512 viewsNorthernr

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 22:00 - Feb 2 by queensparker

Genuine LOL at that
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 06:17 - Feb 3 with 398 viewsLoftgirl

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:29 - Feb 2 by BrianMcCarthy

1. 86 Cup Final.
2. Cantona Robbery

No other game comes close to these two.

The only Cup Final in '86 was the FA Cup, as I remember.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024