Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke 19:25 - Feb 10 with 5235 viewsBoston

...fck me am I geared up for this one.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stoke on 20:04 - Feb 10 with 3733 viewsDorse

Don't do it Boz.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Stoke on 20:28 - Feb 10 with 3636 viewscolinallcars

Monumental would be my word for the Stoke game..
Given the extraordinary crowds at LR despite the poor form, I reckon the QPR+ subscription for that night will be a record.
But of course the biggest shout-out is for the heroic throng that will be heading up there on Wednesday.
Best of luck to all.
Stoke on 21:02 - Feb 10 with 3544 viewsBoston

Stoke on 20:28 - Feb 10 by colinallcars

Monumental would be my word for the Stoke game..
Given the extraordinary crowds at LR despite the poor form, I reckon the QPR+ subscription for that night will be a record.
But of course the biggest shout-out is for the heroic throng that will be heading up there on Wednesday.
Best of luck to all.

Going to need more than a thong at Stoke on Wednesday Colin, it's raining.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stoke on 21:08 - Feb 10 with 3485 viewsA40Bosh

Folks, those who are travelling to the Potteries on Weds keep a look out for Frederick from Copenhagen.

He has been an R since early 80s and travels over from Copenhagen a good few times a season.

He was at HQ this afternoon after arriving in to Gatwick and was getting the train to Stoke tonight after the game.

He has tickets for WBA v Cardiff on Tuesday and then off to our game Weds night. He then flies home to Denmark from Manchester in Thursday.

He is not hard to miss, 6’4 and an absolute gentleman.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Stoke on 21:55 - Feb 10 with 3326 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Looking a match further ahead…I’m excited to see Sinclair Armstrong playing up against Rob Dickie.
Stoke on 22:38 - Feb 10 with 3130 viewsnumptydumpty

Stoke on 21:55 - Feb 10 by Beckenhamhoop

Looking a match further ahead…I’m excited to see Sinclair Armstrong playing up against Rob Dickie.

Yep will be at Brizzle

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Stoke on 22:41 - Feb 10 with 3105 viewsqueensparker

Stoke on 21:55 - Feb 10 by Beckenhamhoop

Good shout. That will be fun to watch
Stoke on 22:45 - Feb 10 with 3071 viewscolinallcars

Stoke on 22:38 - Feb 10 by numptydumpty

Yep will be at Brizzle

I trust you'll be ship shape and Bristol fashion.
Showing my age there.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke on 22:53 - Feb 10 with 3038 viewskensalriser

Stoke on 21:08 - Feb 10 by A40Bosh

Folks, those who are travelling to the Potteries on Weds keep a look out for Frederick from Copenhagen.

He has been an R since early 80s and travels over from Copenhagen a good few times a season.

He was at HQ this afternoon after arriving in to Gatwick and was getting the train to Stoke tonight after the game.

He has tickets for WBA v Cardiff on Tuesday and then off to our game Weds night. He then flies home to Denmark from Manchester in Thursday.

He is not hard to miss, 6’4 and an absolute gentleman.

He's keen to get to Stoke considering the game isn't until Wednesday. Tour of crapper makers lined up?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Stoke on 22:55 - Feb 10 with 3035 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Stoke on 22:41 - Feb 10 by queensparker

Good shout. That will be fun to watch

I’d get the rest of the team to play well away from Armstrong and leave him and Dickie as isolated as possible. Dickie will do well not to get sent off for repeatedly pulling Armstrong back. I saw it time and time again when he played for us. Turning circle of a large ocean going thing.
Stoke on 01:31 - Feb 11 with 2848 viewsKonk

Probably seen Dickie 20+ times this season and he's been really good for City. Formed a nice partnership with Vyner. A decent shout for POTY so far. Very popular with City fans too. Think he's recovered from his last season at Rangers to be a very decent Championship CB.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Stoke on 01:44 - Feb 11 with 2817 viewsPunteR

Stoke on 01:31 - Feb 11 by Konk

Probably seen Dickie 20+ times this season and he's been really good for City. Formed a nice partnership with Vyner. A decent shout for POTY so far. Very popular with City fans too. Think he's recovered from his last season at Rangers to be a very decent Championship CB.

Yeh good to hear. One of those players that we all saw was a decent player but our off field rubbish couldn't progress him . He was a shell of a man in his last season.

Be interesting how he deals with Armstrong. Hasnt Dickie scored more goals for us than Armstrong .?
[Post edited 11 Feb 1:49]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Stoke on 09:26 - Feb 11 with 2569 viewsLoyalitat

Stoke on 01:44 - Feb 11 by PunteR

Yeh good to hear. One of those players that we all saw was a decent player but our off field rubbish couldn't progress him . He was a shell of a man in his last season.

Be interesting how he deals with Armstrong. Hasnt Dickie scored more goals for us than Armstrong .?
[Post edited 11 Feb 1:49]

Great posts PunteR and Konk.

It's good to see that Dickie's confidence is now clearly restored. He's been an ever-present for Bristol City this season and his carrying of the ball out of defence and well-timed pass led to his team's first goal against Middlesbrough yesterday.

Played against Premier League opposition in four FA cup games, including two replays, clearly playing his part in only conceding two goals before losing out on penalties to Forest. If he can acquit himself well against Premier League quality forwards, I suspect he won't be daunted by the prospect of facing Armstrong. He's scored as many goals as Armstrong this season too.

He never hid when he was with us in spite of his on-field struggles last season and was always available for selection. I would say that his many goal-line/saving blocks against Burnley played more of a contributory part to our lucky victory than any tactical acumen from the then manager.
[Post edited 11 Feb 10:06]
Stoke on 10:28 - Feb 11 with 2452 viewsfrancisbowles

Still can't run though🙄😁
Stoke on 10:43 - Feb 11 with 2365 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

If Rangers can isolate Dickie, against Armstrongs pace, he'll be toast.
We know he is slow, and so will Marti.
Stoke on 10:46 - Feb 11 with 2348 viewsloftboy

Dickie went on one of his runs yesterday and grabbed himself an assist.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Stoke on 10:54 - Feb 11 with 2313 viewsstevec

Good to hear that.

What happened to Rob Dickie at our place was one of the most sickening aspects of the last 8 year regime. Plenty of CBs aren’t that quick, Bobby Moore wasn’t that quick, but when Dickie arrived you could see he read the game well, had the physique and could largely compensate for his lack of speed. Saved us countless times.

It’s hard to fully know what was going on at this club behind the scenes but you can’t get past the idea that the wasters and malingerers held sway over those that had their club at heart.
Stoke on 11:02 - Feb 11 with 2290 viewsLordPork

as ever, I commend my learned friends to read The Oatcake...

the locals aren't happy, as I've posted on here a few times.

to be frank, couldn't happen to a nicer club. A bit like us over recent years, all wind and piss from senior management and reality kicking in, they've been on a dour run over last 2-3 years and are getting progressively worse......

whats not to like
Stoke on 11:20 - Feb 11 with 2214 viewsSpaceman_P

As I am a bit bitter about Dickie leaving, I am gonna just say.... I hope he gets sent off and Armstrong scores.

For me, I really hope we beat those country bumpkins.
Stoke on 12:26 - Feb 11 with 2079 viewsdavman

Tha's what galls me about him - he is decent, but he was a disgrace last season; no fight when up against it, ultimate bottle job.

"He never hid when he was with us" from Loyalitat. He hid every single game in the second half of the season and some of his performances were disgraceful - the back pass to Seny that nearly ended up in an OG during one of the later home games in the season and his tendency to hit the Paddocks when "playing out". OK, so he did not like Ainsworth, but my god, like so many of them, he could not be arsed to play for us. A sulky child. A Bottle Job. A "I'm better than this" Merchant. Could not wait to get out the door to get to a safe, midtable operation where he could play without pressure. Weak as Pss, no fight.

No, I do not like him and a couple of own goals plus a sending off would go down a treat.

But we are QPR and we don't get nice things, so no doubt he'll have a stormer a score a 30 yard shitpinger.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Stoke on 12:31 - Feb 11 with 2040 viewsMrSheen

Looked like he'd lost a bit of weight too when he came to us in November. Might just be the hoops that made him look porky.
Stoke on 12:33 - Feb 11 with 2032 viewslassel

Come on lads, don’t do it to yourself. We all know this group of players on a February night in Stoke will phone in a 1-0 defeat.
Stoke on 22:43 - Feb 11 with 1671 viewskensalriser

Stoke on 12:33 - Feb 11 by lassel

Come on lads, don’t do it to yourself. We all know this group of players on a February night in Stoke will phone in a 1-0 defeat.

If they can win at Blackburn they can win at Stoke.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Stoke on 23:04 - Feb 11 with 1615 viewsSydneyRs

Could be a pivotal game. Win and we are out of the bottom 3 and more importantly right in among the group of teams above. Lose and Stoke move six points clear, just after Blackburn and Swansea, as bad as they are, both moved 7 points clear. 6 and 7 point gaps are going to be hard to make up with a reducing number of games left and we still have Leicester, Southampton and Leeds to play in our remaining matches.
[Post edited 11 Feb 23:05]
Stoke on 23:15 - Feb 11 with 1569 viewsdaveB

I thought he was really good against us in the home game, had a poor season for us last year but still a very good championship defender
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024