Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beer advice 21:36 - Feb 25 with 1417 viewsbob566

Tescos in Ireland now selling Timothy Taylors landlord pale ale. Any good? Thanks
Beer advice on 21:41 - Feb 25 with 1397 viewsLogman

Not really. Tescos doesn't really do any interesting beers. The best they have to offer is London Pride. Pretty much all the other supermarkets have a much better range.
Beer advice on 22:15 - Feb 25 with 1327 viewscolinallcars

Tesco in this country sells Adnams Broadside - strong malty taste and weighs in at, I think, 6.4%
My fav supermarket beer is M&S Suffolk bitter, brewed for them by Adnams.
But agreed, most supermarkets play it safe with the usuals suspects on the shelves.
Beer advice on 22:35 - Feb 25 with 1268 viewshubble

Well I quite like Landlord. Decent pint. Or it was when I last tasted it.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Beer advice on 22:53 - Feb 25 with 1229 viewssouthbound_tram

Landlord is my go to ale if it's on tap. We get it in from tescos pretty regularly as well. It's OK from the bottle but not quite as good.
Beer advice on 22:54 - Feb 25 with 1227 viewsnadera78

Yeah, it's a decent pint is Landlord.
Beer advice on 23:00 - Feb 25 with 1197 viewscolinallcars

Landlord fine by me, a pub I go to also has Boltmaker which is a little less hoppy.
Another beer some supermarkets stock is Hogsback TEA and its slightly less tasty sister Gardeners Tipple.
Beer advice on 23:18 - Feb 25 with 1171 viewsjohann28

Obviously depends what you like. For Pale, TT Landlord is a big seller, but .. lots better imo

Broadside more to my taste, but build up to McEwan's Champion Ale (surprisingly cheap still, but don't tell anyone). Now, that's one that grabs you by the throat and tells you 'hey, i'm serious shit here'.
Beer advice on 23:22 - Feb 25 with 1160 viewsBoston

Beer advice on 22:35 - Feb 25 by hubble

Well I quite like Landlord. Decent pint. Or it was when I last tasted it.

Exactly what part of the Landlord did you taste?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Beer advice on 00:12 - Feb 26 with 1100 viewsBoston

Is this available in Grande Britannia?

Jolly good stuff. Sadly, a seasonally brewed beverage, another couple of months and it's on hiatus.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Beer advice on 07:46 - Feb 26 with 881 viewsdsw2509

Our local Tesco has Banks’s Bitter. I think it is a decent session beer. £1 for a 500ml bottle.
Beer advice on 07:59 - Feb 26 with 853 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I had a TT Landord on draught a few saturday's ago for the first time in ages and enjoyed it.
I like really Hoppy brews so sometimes it's nice to kick back with a blander pale ale or bitter.

Had a pale in the Black Heart Hammersmith with my mate on our river pub crawl, I cannot remember the name of the beer now, but I said to her 'this one's just a tad too bland' If you are in there you'll see the one, I think its the only pale on the tapheads.

Black Heart doh meant Black Lion. Black Heart is in Camden.
[Post edited 26 Feb 10:43]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Beer advice on 08:32 - Feb 26 with 803 viewsShotKneesHoop

There’s a reason why Banks Bitter is only £1 a bottle- it’s shyte. Landlord, Citra, Ghost Ship, Bishop’s Finger are quality beers, but, as others have said, all are better on gravity or pump.
[Post edited 26 Feb 8:36]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Beer advice on 10:00 - Feb 26 with 686 viewsterryb

Beer advice on 21:41 - Feb 25 by Logman

Not really. Tescos doesn't really do any interesting beers. The best they have to offer is London Pride. Pretty much all the other supermarkets have a much better range.

Have you never drank Proper Job?

It's all down to personal taste, but IMO this beer from St Austell Brewery is the best ale on draught or in bottles & always available in Tesco. I'm pissed off that The Defectors has stopped selling this since their refurbishment!

Landlord is quite a good standard bitter.
Beer advicehad on 12:13 - Feb 26 with 569 viewscolinallcars

I forgot Proper Job - great stuff.
I was out walking my mate's dog Yvonne the other morning and saw a sign outside the Curtains Up saying dogs welcome. I went in and they wouldn't serve me. I said it says dogs welcome.
“The dog's alright, it's you I don't like the look of” said the guvnor.
He relented and sold me 2 pints of Proper Job but I had to get him to pull some off as it'd been in the pipe all night.
[Post edited 26 Feb 12:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024