Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is your Non-League side? 21:31 - Feb 28 with 12011 viewsSpaceman_P

Okay, we're all Rangers through and through, but if you had to choose a Non-League outfit as your 2nd club who would it be.

Me, I grew up in West London, but moved to West Sussex in my late-teens. lived most of my life their til moving to Spain in 2018.

So my non-league sides are Horsham and Dorking Wanderers. If push came to shove though, would love to see Dorking enter the football league one day.

Who is your Non-League side? on 13:05 - Feb 29 with 1696 viewshantssi

Who is your Non-League side? on 11:38 - Feb 29 by qprmarkoct1966

Edgware Town , many afternoons spent at the old White Lion Ground , sadly now gone. They have relocated to Silver Jubilee Park in Kingsbury and ground share with Hendon , not the same though , 3 G Pitch !

I was up there recently and a guy stopped me and asked where Hendon Utd played, I pointed out the ground but said not sure about Hendon because I think it’s Kingsbury Towns ground!
It was when I briefly trained with them back in the early 80’s, I had no idea!!
Who is your Non-League side? on 13:15 - Feb 29 with 1676 viewsHoopstar

Haywards Heath Town FC for me nowadays, relegated last year - not been to a game this year, but do play on their training pitch on Wednesday nights. Have a bloke who plays with us who is in his 40s but played for HHTFC main team in his 20s - can't get near him and he's about 16 stone.

Was always Hendon growing up, as lived a ten minute walk from Claremont Road.
Who is your Non-League side? on 13:15 - Feb 29 with 1671 viewsToast_R

Molesey FC. Were doing alright until about 3 years ago and the arse fell out of it. Sacked Ray Lewington's son Craig who was player manager and plummeted a couple more divisions back to back. Sold a big chunk of the clubs land around the stadium to developers and its all rather up in the air. Sad really.
Who is your Non-League side? on 13:18 - Feb 29 with 1660 viewsBoston

Who is your Non-League side? on 13:05 - Feb 29 by hantssi

I was up there recently and a guy stopped me and asked where Hendon Utd played, I pointed out the ground but said not sure about Hendon because I think it’s Kingsbury Towns ground!
It was when I briefly trained with them back in the early 80’s, I had no idea!!

Drank in their bar a few times. Not sure of the opening hours but pretty much the same as a pub back in the 70/ early 80's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who is your Non-League side? on 13:20 - Feb 29 with 1655 viewsbellomatic

Shepherds Bush FC

Used to play at Loftus Rd before QPR and on Shepherds Bush Green: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepherd%27s_Bush_F.C.

Now challenging for promotion to Step 6: https://twitter.com/shepherdsbushfc
Who is your Non-League side? on 13:33 - Feb 29 with 1598 viewsqprmarkoct1966

Kingsbury Town i think merged with Edgware Town , saw Jimmy Greaves playing for Barnet in an FA Cup Qualifier against Edgware at the White Lion . Dave Besant and Brian Stein played for the Green army , great days
Who is your Non-League side? on 13:43 - Feb 29 with 1582 viewsSharpediver

The Rebels - Slough Town FC

Currently about 20 games unbeaten at home and still with an outside chance of nicking a play off place in National League South.

Playing some exciting and attacking football under player manager Scott Davies.
Who is your Non-League side? on 13:49 - Feb 29 with 1576 viewsTheChef

Who is your Non-League side? on 11:38 - Feb 29 by qprmarkoct1966

Edgware Town , many afternoons spent at the old White Lion Ground , sadly now gone. They have relocated to Silver Jubilee Park in Kingsbury and ground share with Hendon , not the same though , 3 G Pitch !

Yeah White Lion Ground is now a Premier Inn

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Who is your Non-League side? on 14:19 - Feb 29 with 1545 viewsSonofpugwash

When I lived in Orpington it was Cray Wanderers.London's oldest football club and the worlds'(co) second oldest founded 1860.Still follow them remotely.
New ground next season(hopefully) which i helped sourced for them ,- Flamingo Park,the old Dock Labour Board ground by the A20 bypass at Sidcup where you also had the mighty 279 sunday side.
Now near Aberystwyth and the poxy Welsh League sides which you wouldn't want to cross the road to see.
[Post edited 29 Feb 14:19]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Who is your Non-League side? on 14:41 - Feb 29 with 1498 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I spent the last 2 hours trying to find out where Finish In Her Face F.C. play because I want to support them .
Who is your Non-League side? on 15:02 - Feb 29 with 1449 viewsBlackCrowe

Leatherhead FC where i used to ballboy in there glory years of mid-late 70s. Haven't been back there since to my shame.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Who is your Non-League side? on 15:19 - Feb 29 with 1424 viewsEastR

Who is your Non-League side? on 15:02 - Feb 29 by BlackCrowe

Leatherhead FC where i used to ballboy in there glory years of mid-late 70s. Haven't been back there since to my shame.

where it all started for young Jamie Mackie

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Who is your Non-League side? on 15:27 - Feb 29 with 1411 viewsqprmarkoct1966

The White Lion pub has gone , as has the Beehive and the Railway . Saw some great games at Edgware , Bovril and a Wagonwheel from the club house for .50p , quality !
Who is your Non-League side? on 17:28 - Feb 29 with 1285 viewsngbqpr

Who is your Non-League side? on 06:45 - Feb 29 by BexleyHoop

Welling United as they are closest to me and I pop down there for the odd game every year, but used to go a lot to Dartford FC when they played at Watling Street when I was a lot younger.

Cray Wanderers are fairly local and may pop down to watch a game when their new ground is built on the Old Dock Labour Board ground (Flamingo Park) on the A20.

I used to' follow' Cray Wanderers as a kid in the 70s, tho primarily via the back page of the Orpington Times!

Gotta say after they were crap most of my life, it's been good to see Bromley establish themselves as a National League mainstay - would love to see them get at least a couple of years in League 2.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Who is your Non-League side? on 17:39 - Feb 29 with 1268 viewsVancouverHoop

Hitchin Town. Now in the Southern League Central Division. When I was a kid growing up in Stevenage they were the "Top Team" locally. Members of the Athenian, then Isthmian "shamateur" leagues.

My first visit to Shepherds Bush was in 1961 to watch them play Walthamstow Avenue in the FA Amateur Cup semi-final, we lost 1-0 on a hotly disputed penalty. I cried all the way home.
Who is your Non-League side? on 17:54 - Feb 29 with 1243 viewsMick_S

Who is your Non-League side? on 12:24 - Feb 29 by SydneyRs

Won the double in 85 before winning the league meant promotion to the football league. Produced Stuart Pearce and Vinny Jones around that time.

Yes Enfield were the arch enemy.

Remember the Cordice brothers and Dennis Byatt was another. Oh and the very skilful if often selfish Tony Lynch (hence the greedy bastard chant he used to get). Think he was at Brentford for a bit.

The away players used to get severe stick, especially the keepers who had no escape due to the fans changing ends at half time. Once the Hayes keeper (Paul Hyde I think) came in the bar afterwards wanting to take people on after 90 mins of non stop abuse 😀

Good to see them back at a decent level after things went very downhill following the ground sale.
[Post edited 29 Feb 12:30]

My mate TB was in that Wealdstone side and got capped by England at amateur level. Paul Hyde is from Hillingdon and went to Leicester - he did play for Hayes ( and Yeading, well kick your feckin head in).

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Who is your Non-League side? on 18:58 - Feb 29 with 1185 viewsBoston

Who is your Non-League side? on 17:39 - Feb 29 by VancouverHoop

Hitchin Town. Now in the Southern League Central Division. When I was a kid growing up in Stevenage they were the "Top Team" locally. Members of the Athenian, then Isthmian "shamateur" leagues.

My first visit to Shepherds Bush was in 1961 to watch them play Walthamstow Avenue in the FA Amateur Cup semi-final, we lost 1-0 on a hotly disputed penalty. I cried all the way home.

I've still got a programme of a Wembley v Hitchin game.

Who is your Non-League side? on 18:59 - Feb 29 with 1182 viewsBoston

Who is your Non-League side? on 13:49 - Feb 29 by TheChef

Yeah White Lion Ground is now a Premier Inn

Spent many an evening in the White Lion, pwoppa old school boozer.

Who is your Non-League side? on 20:28 - Feb 29 with 1121 viewsVancouverHoop

Who is your Non-League side? on 18:58 - Feb 29 by Boston

I've still got a programme of a Wembley v Hitchin game.

When was that? IIRC Hitchin were never in same division as Wembley. Cup match perhaps?
Who is your Non-League side? on 22:23 - Feb 29 with 1052 viewsRebalhoop

Who is your Non-League side? on 13:43 - Feb 29 by Sharpediver

Currently about 20 games unbeaten at home and still with an outside chance of nicking a play off place in National League South.

Another Rebel here,been going since the 70’s,at the dog track,then Wexham park, couldn’t bring myself to watch them at Windsor or Beaconsfield,but now they’re back in Slough at Arbour Park,got a good setup at the moment,and yes…let’s hope we sneak a play off place.
Who is your Non-League side? on 22:50 - Feb 29 with 1021 viewsngbqpr

Who is your Non-League side? on 13:00 - Feb 29 by plasmahoop

I used to go to welling a bit when I was younger, as I grew up in Erith. Haven't been for years though, and haven't lived there for over 30 years.
Have occasionally gone to Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells, but not often.
I actually think non league football seems ridiculously expensive, was about 12 quid to see Tonbridge last time I went and that wasn't recently. Would rather pay more and see QPR(even this season)

Agree about the pricing, I was in Glasgow last weekend so went to see Pollok FC vs Gartcairn - it was a cup game but both are midtable in the West of Scotland League. It was fun, the standard wasn't bad, but for Scotland's 7th tier, I was surprised it was £9. £30 at the King Power this Sat to see Rangers play a team of, let's face it, Prem standard suddenly looks quite reasonable.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Who is your Non-League side? on 23:40 - Feb 29 with 987 viewsNed_Kennedys

Who is your Non-League side? on 13:43 - Feb 29 by Sharpediver

Went to watch Slough Town when I was a young lad loads at Wexham Park before they moved. Some great FA Cup matches, and some decent away days. It’s good to see them on the up again and in their new ground.
Also went to Stag Meadow to see Windsor & Eton a few times.
Who is your Non-League side? on 23:45 - Feb 29 with 984 viewshook_hoops

I like to watch Leatherhead FC, famous for the Leatherhead Lip, Chris Kelly, back in the 70's, but not much else since. Nice atmosphere about the place with a pleasant club house and bar.
Who is your Non-League side? on 23:58 - Feb 29 with 974 viewsaston_hoop

Who is your Non-League side? on 17:39 - Feb 29 by VancouverHoop

Funnily enough, growing up round there too, Stevenage were my biggest local non-league side while we were in the Premier League. Hard to fathom that its a realistic prospect they'll be in the league above us next season

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Who is your Non-League side? on 00:28 - Mar 1 with 959 viewsOregonQPR

Dulwich Hamlet……Our school (Willam Penn) playing fields (Greendale) backed onto their stadium and a few of us would also climb into their ground and play games some Sundays.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024