Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is your Non-League side? 21:31 - Feb 28 with 12008 viewsSpaceman_P

Okay, we're all Rangers through and through, but if you had to choose a Non-League outfit as your 2nd club who would it be.

Me, I grew up in West London, but moved to West Sussex in my late-teens. lived most of my life their til moving to Spain in 2018.

So my non-league sides are Horsham and Dorking Wanderers. If push came to shove though, would love to see Dorking enter the football league one day.

Who is your Non-League side? on 21:33 - Feb 28 with 4298 viewssuperstan

Wealdstone
Who is your Non-League side? on 21:39 - Feb 28 with 4243 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Kingstonian. Used to go with my Dad when QPR were away in the 80s and 90s. Two FA Trophy wins at Wembley, a couple of FA Cup ties against league opposition, finished 5th in the National League.
And then had its heart ripped out, no ground and falling away. Shameful.

I still remember their old Richmond Road ground. Little League Cup finals played there. Happy days.
Who is your Non-League side? on 21:45 - Feb 28 with 4228 viewsstowmarketrange

Needham Market are mine,closely followed by Stowmarket Town as they have a nicer clubhouse.Needham look almost guaranteed for another promotion this season,but I’m not sure which league they’d go into.
Who is your Non-League side? on 21:54 - Feb 28 with 4192 viewsstevec

Dorking Wanderers.

And they look like going down as well.
Who is your Non-League side? on 21:54 - Feb 28 with 4182 viewsBakes

Dorking Wanderers.

Started watching the YouTube series and loved the story, the manager/chairman is a character, have been to a few games this season.

Fans close to the pitch, real muck and nettles, are you with me?

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Who is your Non-League side? on 22:00 - Feb 28 with 4145 viewsA40Bosh

Who is your Non-League side? on 21:33 - Feb 28 by superstan

Wealdstone

+1
Walking distance

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Who is your Non-League side? on 22:07 - Feb 28 with 4126 viewsWhip_It

Lewes FC
Who is your Non-League side? on 22:41 - Feb 28 with 4066 viewsSydneyRs

Wealdstone. Local back in the day and always a decent atmosphere.

They had a version of our running down the Uxbridge Rd song, "running down the Station Rd to see the Wealdstone aces".

Also remember this one to the tune of Hey Jude when an away player was down injured "La, la, la, swallow your tongue, swallow your tongue, you c**t". Charming!
[Post edited 28 Feb 22:43]
Login to get fewer ads

Who is your Non-League side? on 23:10 - Feb 28 with 3997 viewsCamberleyR

I suppose it would have to be Aldershot although for half my life they were a league side.

Since moving to the West Country my local non league team is Yeovil Town being about eight miles away. Quite sad to see how far they have slipped in the ten years since we were playing and only just beating them in the Championship. They always seemed to be a well run club.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Who is your Non-League side? on 23:11 - Feb 28 with 3995 viewsCamberleyR

Who is your Non-League side? on 21:54 - Feb 28 by Bakes

Dorking Wanderers.

Started watching the YouTube series and loved the story, the manager/chairman is a character, have been to a few games this season.

'eaders, tackles...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Who is your Non-League side? on 23:42 - Feb 28 with 3948 viewsted_hendrix

Well before we left West Berkshire four odd years ago It used to be Hungerford Town (Charlie Austin's old club) QPR played there In a friendly a few years ago.
Brett Angell used to hang around there too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Who is your Non-League side? on 00:27 - Feb 29 with 3895 viewsBoston

Who is your Non-League side? on 23:10 - Feb 28 by CamberleyR

I suppose it would have to be Aldershot although for half my life they were a league side.

Since moving to the West Country my local non league team is Yeovil Town being about eight miles away. Quite sad to see how far they have slipped in the ten years since we were playing and only just beating them in the Championship. They always seemed to be a well run club.

They were certainly well run one Saturday afternoon.

But..Wembley FC, attended many matches in the day, and secondly Wealdstone, the Wealdstone of old, easy few stops up from North Wembley.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who is your Non-League side? on 01:00 - Feb 29 with 3866 viewsE17hoop

Walthamstow FC

One of THE best kits in non-league.
Home:

Away:

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Who is your Non-League side? on 01:44 - Feb 29 with 3831 viewsTGRRRSSS

Dorking Wanderers.

Is Dan Lincoln still the goalie

Maidenhead United loosely
Who is your Non-League side? on 06:34 - Feb 29 with 3696 viewsWatford_Ranger

Who is your Non-League side? on 21:54 - Feb 28 by stevec

Dorking Wanderers.

And they look like going down as well.

Went to Dorking v Borehamwood to tick off the ground and it’s an incredible job the bloke has done there considering what he’s working with. Appalling game finished 2-1 to Dorking. Balanta played for the mighty Bwood and had as much impact on the game as me.
Who is your Non-League side? on 06:45 - Feb 29 with 3680 viewsBexleyHoop

Welling United as they are closest to me and I pop down there for the odd game every year, but used to go a lot to Dartford FC when they played at Watling Street when I was a lot younger.

Cray Wanderers are fairly local and may pop down to watch a game when their new ground is built on the Old Dock Labour Board ground (Flamingo Park) on the A20.
Who is your Non-League side? on 06:47 - Feb 29 with 3667 viewsjoe90

Dulwich Hamlet!
Who is your Non-League side? on 07:24 - Feb 29 with 3612 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Chertsey Town. Been doing well the last few seasons. Lost the playoff final last year but should go up this season.
Saturday usually get crowds of 500+.
2 bars with decent beers on and not expensive.
Who is your Non-League side? on 07:50 - Feb 29 with 3581 viewsColesIndyRs

Biggleswade Town, AKA the Waders.

If you want some decent funny non league stuff I can highly recommend checking out the YouTube channel for a nice chap called Ogmios. He watches and commentates on Hackney marsh Sunday league matches but in a very chilled fashion.
Who is your Non-League side? on 08:24 - Feb 29 with 3527 viewsEastR

Dorking Wanderers.

+1
Lot of love for the Wanderers on this thread!

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Who is your Non-League side? on 08:41 - Feb 29 with 3501 viewsTheChef

Wingate and Finchley.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Who is your Non-League side? on 08:42 - Feb 29 with 3503 viewsslmrstid

Kettering Town for me, another fine old non-league club ruined by a rich idiot. Spent some part of my late teens/early 20s going to watch the Poppies when I wasn't at QPR, used to love standing behind the goal on the old Cowper Road terrace at Rockingham Road.

Then rich idiot moved them to Nene Park after Rushden & Diamonds demise because the council wouldn't gift him free land in Kettering for a new ground (where have we heard that one before?) then it turned out rich idiot was a gambling addict who lost all his money and nearly took the club down with him.

For the last decade or so they've been camped in Burton Latimer sharing with Burton Park Wanderers, at a much lower level than a club with Kettering's history should. Rockingham Road has now been razed to the ground and is nearly finished as a new build housing estate. Criminal.

Outside of that, I'll retain an interest in the Northamptonshire (birthplace) and Leicestershire (residency) sides. Never any time to watch any of them though!
Who is your Non-League side? on 08:59 - Feb 29 with 3473 viewsLowerloftLad

Chertsey town.

We have a top of the table clash with Marlow on Saturday and if Chertsey win and the title should be in the bag.

Also in the Quarter finals of the surrey senior Cup.

So the season is going very well up the curfews.
[Post edited 29 Feb 9:05]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Who is your Non-League side? on 09:24 - Feb 29 with 3409 viewsloftus77

Who is your Non-League side? on 22:41 - Feb 28 by SydneyRs

Wealdstone. Local back in the day and always a decent atmosphere.

They had a version of our running down the Uxbridge Rd song, "running down the Station Rd to see the Wealdstone aces".

Also remember this one to the tune of Hey Jude when an away player was down injured "La, la, la, swallow your tongue, swallow your tongue, you c**t". Charming!
[Post edited 28 Feb 22:43]

Another 'Stones fan here of long ago. Lower Mead, changing ends (thats the fans) at half-time, the Cordice brothers, Paul Bowgett (?). And they won the 'double' once (Conference and FA Trophy or something?).

Enfield were always the 'enemy' iirc.
[Post edited 29 Feb 9:25]
Who is your Non-League side? on 09:31 - Feb 29 with 3389 viewsChrisNW6

Hendon but haven't watched them since they moved from Cricklewood to Kingsbury.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024