Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colback. 21:58 - Feb 29 with 3631 viewsconnell10

I think we are really gonna miss the Ginger ninja the next couple of games , I think he has looked very good the last few games. He is a silly boy keep getting booked.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Colback. on 14:18 - Mar 1 with 789 viewsWestonsuperR

Colback. on 22:13 - Feb 29 by MrSheen

I am I the only one to be a bit disappointed with Hayden? He’s decisive on the ball but I haven’t seen much energy and anticipation in defensive areas and thought he had a stinker on Saturday. Hopefully just ring rust.

He has been ok but a little worrying that he had a really poor loan spell and Norwich last season and seemingly wasn’t rated at all.
Colback. on 14:26 - Mar 1 with 767 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Colback. on 13:13 - Mar 1 by golborne

recycle recycle recycle + sees and deals with danger by whichever means

I've always felt uncomfortable with the negativity around him. Yeah, he picks up a lot of cards, but people have wrongly accused him of a lot worse than that. Central midfielders, especially deep lying ones, need to show for, be able to control and move on the ball. It's the basics - and he can do that well. As exciting as doubling up and throwing yourself in front of the ball in your own box is for some, I'd much rather we were up the other end of the pitch and not needing that as much. In recent weeks I feel we've been better at moving the ball through the middle and taking the game to teams.

People talk of much needed competition. I was happier with Field last week, than I have been in any game for ages. Forget the heroics, he's an awful all-round DM, simply because of his control of the football and his lack of confidence around that. The DM needs to show for the ball and try to progress us. In that position he just passes it backwards when he eventually gets it under control. Last week he was further up the pitch, showed for the ball more and made some really good runs down the left. It was almost like his first half season with us after joining in Jan. Warburton's failure in THAT following season was moving Steph out of DM and replacing him with Field for the 2nd half of the season (Fields first game was Stoke at home in Dec, due to injury). Not Field's fault at all, I love his desire, but don't put him in a position he can't play comfortably and sees us stuck in our own half waiting for the inevitable.

That's an excellent appraisal of Field, imo.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Colback. on 14:27 - Mar 1 with 760 viewstkqpr

Colback has been immense for me and MOTM v Rotherham. That guy was everywhere.

I do feel a little bit sorry for EDB as i think he was performing well and has lots of promise and potential and he will certainly benefit for this stronger line up we are now showing. I hope he gets a chance to shine at some point.
Colback. on 14:29 - Mar 1 with 750 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Colback. on 12:57 - Mar 1 by QPROslo

From the stream it looked like Colback did a great job back there sweeping up any potential breakouts after our dead balls were cleared, as usual. Agree he can shoot. Have an idea Cannon did this sweeping up bit when he played, maybe he will again if he starts.

Fair point. Cannon's job normally.

Thinking about it, for that late corner v Rotherham, with our right-back Dunne going up for the aerial threat and our left-back Paal on taking duties, then it had to be a central midfielder. So, in fairness, you would push Field up and keep Colback minding the break.

Colback. on 14:43 - Mar 1 with 702 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Colback. on 13:26 - Mar 1 by Hastings_Hoops

…he’s impressed me at defending breaks after our first corner inevitably hits the first man tbf.

That is a good point and yes he has cleaned up that mess multiple times when a fast break is developing after another horsesh*t corner by the usual suspects .
It must still be incredibly frustrating for Marti that we pose zero threat from our set pieces yet are always in mortal danger from the opposition corners and frees .
Leicester are lethal on the break so somebody else maybe 2 QPR players will have to mop up there .
That reason alone should mean Paal never walks over to try another half ass attempt.
Remember Stan scoring direct from one maybe we need to find the rest of that tape and copy it
Colback. on 16:07 - Mar 1 with 608 viewsgazza1

Colback. on 12:25 - Mar 1 by BrianMcCarthy

He got the latest booking for taking a man down to stop a break. Had to do it.

But Gus raised a great point on Colback - why is he the man on the half-way line when we have a corner? He's not quick, he's not a defender, he has a good shot so wouldn't he be better off at the edge of the box where he might get a shot off rather than further back where he's at risk of picking up another yellow?

Brian.....a good move by MC - why??, because Colback knows the game, knows where he needs to position himself, knows what he needs to do and is tactically astute. He is not slow either, not the fastest but not the slowest, plus of course, he is a ginger!!!
Colback. on 16:13 - Mar 1 with 591 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Colback. on 16:07 - Mar 1 by gazza1

Brian.....a good move by MC - why??, because Colback knows the game, knows where he needs to position himself, knows what he needs to do and is tactically astute. He is not slow either, not the fastest but not the slowest, plus of course, he is a ginger!!!

Ha!

Yes, I think it probably was the best option once I thought through who else was on the pitch at the time.

Colback. on 17:30 - Mar 1 with 481 viewsLazyFan

Colback was awesome against Rotherham in the second half. He totally dominated midfield; they could not get near him on his passing. He was poor against Stoke.

Hayden had been very good in the other games but was very poor in the Rotherham game, which he admitted to online. Field was immense with Colback in the 2nd half and in the Brizzle game.

I suspect he stays back from corners, as the idea is he can stop a breakaway or pick up the ball and feed it out wide for another attack.

What's more valuable is that Marti sees this and is changing it quickly with subs when it's not working. If its working he keeps them out there.

I am hoping EDB is back on the bench for this one.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Colback. on 18:45 - Mar 1 with 406 viewsSpaceman_P

Field and Colback were genius in the last game (second half). We're indeed going to miss the Ginger Ninja this weekend.

Looking forward to tomorrow!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024