Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy .... 18:18 - Mar 2 with 3345 viewsconnell10

....Dunne good , who would have thunk it ! Great character from one of the good guys. Well done son.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jimmy .... on 19:23 - Mar 2 with 2792 viewsnumptydumpty

Another inspired idea by Marti, as well.

Am pleased Jimmy is a part of this turnaround. He definitely cares and does try 💯.

Well done Dunne !!
[Post edited 2 Mar 19:24]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Jimmy .... on 19:39 - Mar 2 with 2718 viewsslmrstid

He was excellent today against Mavididi, who is an excellent player himself. And you can see with his celebrations at the end how much it means to him. Top guy.
Jimmy .... on 19:58 - Mar 2 with 2653 viewsconnell10

Jimmy .... on 19:39 - Mar 2 by slmrstid

He was excellent today against Mavididi, who is an excellent player himself. And you can see with his celebrations at the end how much it means to him. Top guy.

Get him a new contract .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jimmy .... on 20:09 - Mar 2 with 2559 viewsstainrods_elbow

He deserves it, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's surprised himself under MC.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Jimmy .... on 21:01 - Mar 2 with 2408 viewsmcqpr10

Sometimes at this stage of the season it is about character. And jimmy Dunne has bags of it .
Jimmy .... on 22:06 - Mar 2 with 2180 viewsmart_Goblin

Yes agreed. Been one of his biggest critics but the last 3 games I think he’s been exceptional.
Seems much more comfortable with Cook on his left and defending in that area instead of centrally in front of goal .
Jimmy .... on 22:26 - Mar 2 with 2044 viewsDiscodroids

love it. he's been playing like Manny kaltz at full back. Probably my favourite player.

Leaves his soul out on the pitch at full time. The man has character in extremis. Love him.
[Post edited 2 Mar 22:27]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Jimmy .... on 22:46 - Mar 2 with 1930 viewsBurnleyhoop

When the going has been tough and his form in the sink, he never hides. Gives 100%, just like Chair always has. Put the work in and you will turn the tide.

Delighted for him and for the belief shown by Marti.

Amazing what a good coach and man manager can achieve given a bit of time and support from the board. The transformation has been nothing short of incredible.
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy .... on 22:54 - Mar 2 with 1880 viewsDiscodroids

well played Conell for this thread. Jimmy deserves the praise. he's had some chunky effluvia slung at him over the last 12/18 months.

Marti may well have mutated his career into something much more at right back. i thought he was brilliant today.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Jimmy .... on 22:57 - Mar 2 with 1864 viewsbosh67

He seems extremely comfortable in that position

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jimmy .... on 23:06 - Mar 2 with 1805 viewsHunterhoop

Noticed how when Armstrong banged in the second (what a strike!) Field ran over to celebrate with Dunne for the knock down whilst everyone else followed Sincs. Key role in the 2nd goal too.

He’s been a revelation at right back that hardly any of us would have expected.

Fair play to him.
Jimmy .... on 04:29 - Mar 3 with 1565 viewsdixiedean

If I’m not mistaken Ainsworth played him there at WBA last season in the 2-2 draw and everyone gave him pelters for playing him out of position. I’ve always loved Jimmy’s attitude even when the going was tough- that’s when the real characters put their head above the parapet when others were hiding.
Jimmy .... on 07:43 - Mar 3 with 1402 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He's been great at right back, it's like having a new signing.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Jimmy .... on 07:49 - Mar 3 with 1379 viewsFDC

He's been very solid defensively, and has been winning a lot of flick ons that Willock has benefited from. A real joy seeing someone so likeable be a key component of this purple patch. Well Dunne Jimmy.
Jimmy .... on 08:48 - Mar 3 with 1249 viewsmloclam65

I'm not a regular to posting and I haven't watched the last couple of games due to work commitments, but I watched yesterday's game and my first thought was "Dunne done great" MOM 5* performance. When I last scrolled through the forum I saw him getting a lot of flak so I'm glad that this post has given him some credit. Credit to Marti too of course, but yesterday I saw Dunnie on wingback duty against the champions elect! CHAPEAU!!

Never unknowingly wrong

Jimmy .... on 09:33 - Mar 3 with 1133 viewsThe_Beast1976

Jimmy .... on 08:48 - Mar 3 by mloclam65

I'm not a regular to posting and I haven't watched the last couple of games due to work commitments, but I watched yesterday's game and my first thought was "Dunne done great" MOM 5* performance. When I last scrolled through the forum I saw him getting a lot of flak so I'm glad that this post has given him some credit. Credit to Marti too of course, but yesterday I saw Dunnie on wingback duty against the champions elect! CHAPEAU!!

The best right back in the country
Jimmy .... on 09:47 - Mar 3 with 1084 viewstraininvain

Dunne’s been great the last few weeks and I say that as one of his biggest critics. Credit to Cifuentes for not only getting the best out of Dunne at right back but also for taking him out of the firing line for a few weeks which seems to have helped his confidence and decision making.
Jimmy .... on 10:13 - Mar 3 with 987 viewsOakR

This just makes me feel good - when players like Jimmy Dunne who have always had the right attitude come good you can't be anything but pleased for them.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Jimmy .... on 10:31 - Mar 3 with 937 viewsgazza1

Many posters on here wanted the overrated Cannon to replace Dunne.......you do not replace a player that is playing very well and near his top form with someone that has struggled generally since moving here - madness.

Finally, well done to Jimmy Dunne, a proper professional and wants to win more than most.
Jimmy .... on 11:01 - Mar 3 with 889 viewsParkRoyalR

Jimmy .... on 10:31 - Mar 3 by gazza1

Many posters on here wanted the overrated Cannon to replace Dunne.......you do not replace a player that is playing very well and near his top form with someone that has struggled generally since moving here - madness.

Finally, well done to Jimmy Dunne, a proper professional and wants to win more than most.

Group think on this forum kicked in on Dunne, rarely has a poor game, one mistake is amplified whereas others get a pass, some of that bcos he's Irish nonsense was just ridiculous. A player, like Field, we fortunate to have given all the wage-thiefs we've had in recent years.
Jimmy .... on 11:06 - Mar 3 with 875 viewstraininvain

Jimmy .... on 11:01 - Mar 3 by ParkRoyalR

Group think on this forum kicked in on Dunne, rarely has a poor game, one mistake is amplified whereas others get a pass, some of that bcos he's Irish nonsense was just ridiculous. A player, like Field, we fortunate to have given all the wage-thiefs we've had in recent years.

I think the reality is somewhere in the middle. Cifuentes dropped Dunne because he wasn’t playing well for a while not because of ‘group think’ on loftforwords!

It was a good bit of management to take Dunne out of the firing line. All players have runs of poor form and hopefully Dunne has now turned the corner.
Jimmy .... on 11:10 - Mar 3 with 855 viewsRangersw12

Dunne has been terrible for 18 months a bit like the whole club

Him being out of the side seems to really have helped him .

These last 3 games he's been a revelation and long may that continue.
[Post edited 3 Mar 11:13]
Jimmy .... on 11:21 - Mar 3 with 819 viewsParkRoyalR

Jimmy .... on 11:06 - Mar 3 by traininvain

I think the reality is somewhere in the middle. Cifuentes dropped Dunne because he wasn’t playing well for a while not because of ‘group think’ on loftforwords!

It was a good bit of management to take Dunne out of the firing line. All players have runs of poor form and hopefully Dunne has now turned the corner.

Can be a bit Twitter like on this Forum at times with likes of Dykes + Dunne,

Wouldn't fancy defending against a Sunday League team with Dozzell in front of me and Ossie and his positional play weaknesses to my right.

Improved defensive record as much down to taking Dozzell as anything else.
Jimmy .... on 11:31 - Mar 3 with 774 viewsdaveB

Jimmy .... on 11:10 - Mar 3 by Rangersw12

yeah the break from the team has helped him, been very good since coming back in, long may it continue, was superb yesterday
Jimmy .... on 11:59 - Mar 3 with 681 viewsCiderwithRsie

Jimmy .... on 11:10 - Mar 3 by Rangersw12

I don't think it can be purely down to having a rest (though that may be telling in itself - some players sulk or despair when dropped, some take the chance to work on their game and use it as motivation to get back in)

It's the switch to right back that seems crucial, and I have to say I would never have thought of that as being a better position for him than centre half. It's like Paul Parker in reverse.

Loads of credit to all concerned for spotting the potential and following through, long may it continue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024