Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a few weeks ago…………. 19:24 - Mar 2 with 2210 viewsSnipper

…………. It was 2 from 3 to join Rotherham in going down.

Now it’s 2 from 12.

It’s gearing up to be a classic relegation fight.

I’d rather be a hunter than the hunted.
Just a few weeks ago…………. on 19:59 - Mar 2 with 1993 viewsToast_R

And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'
Just a few weeks ago…………. on 20:45 - Mar 2 with 1816 viewsWatfordR

I'm beginning to feel it may need more than 50 points to stay up, with so many teams now in the fight.

What may be to our advantage is that we've been used to being down the bottom for so long. There's a few teams that,a bit like us last season, may not realise they're in trouble until it's too late.
Just a few weeks ago…………. on 20:50 - Mar 2 with 1776 viewsRanger_Things

It’s carnage from Plymouth downwards. It’s also not inconceivable that one from Watford, Bristol and Boro could get sucked in as well, which is madness when you look at their points tally.
Just a few weeks ago…………. on 20:58 - Mar 2 with 1677 viewsShotKneesHoop

Just a few weeks ago…………. on 20:50 - Mar 2 by Ranger_Things

It’s carnage from Plymouth downwards. It’s also not inconceivable that one from Watford, Bristol and Boro could get sucked in as well, which is madness when you look at their points tally.

It's carnage; ........ only as long as every team from Plymouth downwards keeps winning. This isn't possible when two teams at the bottom end of the table play each other. Someone has to lose, and unfortunately it tends to be us!!

R's losing away to cake and arse sides like Wednesday, Millwall and Stoke don't help because it's these six pointers that we have to win, much as nice as wins against the top sides are when they happen.

I do agree that there are sides floating on the edge of the relegation vortex that don't know what is about to threaten them.
[Post edited 2 Mar 21:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Just a few weeks ago…………. on 21:09 - Mar 2 with 1577 viewsMonkey_Roots

Just a few weeks ago…………. on 19:59 - Mar 2 by Toast_R

And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'

Beautiful.

I often think of these very words.
Just a few weeks ago…………. on 21:11 - Mar 2 with 1552 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We're finally outside the three most likely for relegation:

Rotherham - no odds
Wednesday 1.67
Hudds 2.10

Rangers 2.40
Brum 4.33
Stoke 4.50
Marxist Hunters 5.00
Blackburn 6.00
Plymouth 9.50
Swans 31.00
Watford 34.00

Edit: Inevitable spell check!
[Post edited 2 Mar 21:14]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just a few weeks ago…………. on 21:19 - Mar 2 with 1459 viewsLoyalitat

Just a few weeks ago…………. on 20:45 - Mar 2 by WatfordR

I'm beginning to feel it may need more than 50 points to stay up, with so many teams now in the fight.

What may be to our advantage is that we've been used to being down the bottom for so long. There's a few teams that,a bit like us last season, may not realise they're in trouble until it's too late.

I think you could be right. if you take Sheffield Wednesday as an example, who on their current form are capable of winning another 5 games from their remaining 11 games. Credit, however grudging, must go to Wednesday in particular and Huddersfield as well as ourselves, for sticking to task, to the point that teams on 44 points aren't safe yet.

The current form of ourselves and Wednesday, since appointing their respective coaches, belies the positions both sides occupy in the league. Well done magic Marty for this transformation in form and playing style, which culminated in today's deserved victory against the best team in the league..
Just a few weeks ago…………. on 21:23 - Mar 2 with 1390 viewsqueensparker

Amazing table and we would have grabbed that with both hands after the Stoke game.

Still winds me up how crap we were at Millwall away looking at the points totals, especially after watching today’s game. For me they’re the worst team I’ve seen all season, I thought Rotherham looked better.
Login to get fewer ads

Just a few weeks ago…………. on 21:25 - Mar 2 with 1361 viewsWatfordR

Whatever for everyone else, we have a real chance over the next seven days to alleviate a lot of pressure. The idea we could be on 44 points this time next Saturday...incredible.
Just a few weeks ago…………. on 00:24 - Mar 3 with 1014 viewscaliforniahoop

Just a few weeks ago…………. on 20:45 - Mar 2 by WatfordR

Spot on!
Just a few weeks ago…………. on 08:37 - Mar 3 with 700 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just a few weeks ago…………. on 21:23 - Mar 2 by queensparker

Amazing table and we would have grabbed that with both hands after the Stoke game.

Still winds me up how crap we were at Millwall away looking at the points totals, especially after watching today’s game. For me they’re the worst team I’ve seen all season, I thought Rotherham looked better.

I’d argue whether we stay up or go down, Millwall away was something of a watershed moment for Marti and the club. We may end up being pleased it happened.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024