Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunne... 14:22 - Mar 7 with 6709 viewsW7Ranger

Not sure if there's a thread on Dunne's performance last night. But if there isn't, there should be!!

Flucking amazing performance last night. Only topped by Field IMO.

To think he was getting pelters a couple of months back, and "fans" didn't want him anywhere near the first team.

What a turnaround. Well played Jimmy Dunne.
Dunne... on 08:40 - Mar 8 with 1721 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne... on 08:02 - Mar 8 by traininvain

Well I’m not on social media (aside from here) so you’ll have to excuse my ignorance. I’ve criticised Dunne on here but no more than I would any player who was putting in poor performances on the regular and let’s not pretend that wasn’t happening. Look at Clive’s match reports if you want a reminder.

Agree that some criticism can go over the top but the likes of Willock and Begovic have had absolute pelters on here far worse than anything I’ve seen re Dunne and no one bats an eye lid.

WestberksR has called it as I saw it at the time,

Dunne was played out of position as can use his left foot and was too often taking responsibility for taking the ball out when others shied away and lacked the courage to do,

Northern top man he is and sees more of the team than I do is another fan so like us all has players he likes (Chair, Cook etc) and maybe gives a more positive review than a non-fan would and players he doesn't rate so highly (Dunne, Dykes etc)

I posted at the time that Dunne was copping the flak for others failings and for standing up and trying to show some leadership, Millwall away being just one obvious example.

Bcos of his ungainly running style he's under-estimated as a footballer, and all saw with that run + left footed cross to Field which should have been a superb assist bar for that handball,

Look at that clip Northern posted above, note how Jimmy looks up see there's no-one in the box and cuts back, if that's Smyth he doesn't look up but just smashes it blind as hard as he can and Chair too often plays the hokey kokey with himself as defences re-set,

With head-up players like Andersen, Willock and now Dunne going forward, we are a proper team.
Dunne... on 08:50 - Mar 8 with 1673 viewsNorthernr

Dunne... on 08:40 - Mar 8 by ParkRoyalR

WestberksR has called it as I saw it at the time,

Dunne was played out of position as can use his left foot and was too often taking responsibility for taking the ball out when others shied away and lacked the courage to do,

Northern top man he is and sees more of the team than I do is another fan so like us all has players he likes (Chair, Cook etc) and maybe gives a more positive review than a non-fan would and players he doesn't rate so highly (Dunne, Dykes etc)

I posted at the time that Dunne was copping the flak for others failings and for standing up and trying to show some leadership, Millwall away being just one obvious example.

Bcos of his ungainly running style he's under-estimated as a footballer, and all saw with that run + left footed cross to Field which should have been a superb assist bar for that handball,

Look at that clip Northern posted above, note how Jimmy looks up see there's no-one in the box and cuts back, if that's Smyth he doesn't look up but just smashes it blind as hard as he can and Chair too often plays the hokey kokey with himself as defences re-set,

With head-up players like Andersen, Willock and now Dunne going forward, we are a proper team.

You constantly say I don't rate Dunne and it's not true. Go back and read his end of term reviews when he first arrived here. All I've said is he has, like many of them, had a dreadful personal 12 months, and he has. I'm very pleased he's turning it round because he seems like a good lad and very genuine, unlike the Roberts types who I've got no time for at all.

End of Term Report 21/22 — Defence 24th May 2022 08:34
Part two of our annual examination and grading of the QPR squad focuses on a defence that was a microcosm of the whole team with a strong start and dismal end. 6

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dunne... on 09:23 - Mar 8 with 1528 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne... on 08:50 - Mar 8 by Northernr

You constantly say I don't rate Dunne and it's not true. Go back and read his end of term reviews when he first arrived here. All I've said is he has, like many of them, had a dreadful personal 12 months, and he has. I'm very pleased he's turning it round because he seems like a good lad and very genuine, unlike the Roberts types who I've got no time for at all.

End of Term Report 21/22 — Defence 24th May 2022 08:34
Part two of our annual examination and grading of the QPR squad focuses on a defence that was a microcosm of the whole team with a strong start and dismal end. 6

This post has been edited by an administrator

Fair enough, I stand corrected as likely read too much into match ratings and those cumulative 3 scores which a strolling Charlie + Andre never even managed (I know!)

For some reason Millwall away is seared in my memory as Begovic dallied, JCS kinda hid, Kakay was on walkabout, Field was tasked as the out-ball and Dozzell sauntered,

Dunne rolled his sleeves up as he always does and in his 'I'm not having this' (great Irish Micky Ward boxing quote that one) way tried to sort it all when he could have just hid.

I always back a trier, hence thought Frey did well the other night, even tho missed penalty and our best chance.
Dunne... on 09:25 - Mar 8 with 1531 viewsNorthernr

Dunne... on 09:23 - Mar 8 by ParkRoyalR

Fair enough, I stand corrected as likely read too much into match ratings and those cumulative 3 scores which a strolling Charlie + Andre never even managed (I know!)

For some reason Millwall away is seared in my memory as Begovic dallied, JCS kinda hid, Kakay was on walkabout, Field was tasked as the out-ball and Dozzell sauntered,

Dunne rolled his sleeves up as he always does and in his 'I'm not having this' (great Irish Micky Ward boxing quote that one) way tried to sort it all when he could have just hid.

I always back a trier, hence thought Frey did well the other night, even tho missed penalty and our best chance.

I didn't write the Millwall away match report.
Dunne... on 09:30 - Mar 8 with 1503 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne... on 09:25 - Mar 8 by Northernr

I didn't write the Millwall away match report.

Sound, was'nt referring to that Match Report as not sure that was one of his 3 scores but just watched that car-crash performance and thought at least one of you isn't hiding, and for doing the right thing you'll be the one copping it on Twitter.

Dunne is prone to being caught square and doesn't turn the quickest but take away Andre + Ozzie and he's a decent Championship centre half who always gives his all and we as a club are lucky to have him as sets the right tone for others.
Dunne... on 09:31 - Mar 8 with 1505 viewsCiderwithRsie

He arrived as a big young central defender from Dundalk with a cropped head, it's always easy to assume that sort of player its strong but "limited".

If things go badly for them, there isn't the sort of hope that you could have with, say, Willock, that (however pissed off you were with him) the talent might come through again. It's easy to write the big kids off as "League 1 at best" and assume you can replace them.

The revelation is that this boy can really play. Super pleased for him.
Dunne... on 09:41 - Mar 8 with 1434 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Well I’m not on social media (aside from here) so you’ll have to excuse my ignorance. I’ve criticised Dunne on here but no more than I would any player who was putting in poor performances on the regular and let’s not pretend that wasn’t happening. Look at Clive’s match reports if you want a reminder.

Agree that some criticism can go over the top but the likes of Willock and Begovic have had absolute pelters on here far worse than anything I’ve seen re Dunne and no one bats an eye lid.

I'd disagree about Begovic - he has his fan club and they downvote any criticism on here.

If you can't slag players off on a fan forum, I'm not sure where you can. Isn't it literally the reason they exist? Think it's very different criticising them directly on their social media accounts but I struggle to imagine being a famous person and engaging with social media - even if you got 99 nice comments, you'd get the most awful 100th one and it would completely mess with your head.
Dunne... on 09:47 - Mar 8 with 1418 viewsCiderwithRsie

Dunne... on 18:05 - Mar 7 by Burnleyhoop

Only one serving of slop in the last nine games. A clear and hopefully permanent sign of improved consistency.

How many games will it need to shake the doubt?

Good point, that, I'm so used to the inconsistency, maybe I'm not noticing what's in front of me.

Still prone to dodgy patches within games, I think (e.g. the 2-goal WBA burst, or the start of Rotherham at home.)

Maybe everyone else winning helps keep focus?
Login to get fewer ads

Dunne... on 10:13 - Mar 8 with 1358 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'm not really on social media either, but there were multiple posts on here about the abuse he was getting and that he had left all social media as a result; it was also referred to in Clive's reports. It's not exactly been a secret, and you post good stuff on here a lot so I'm surprised you hadn't heard anything about it. Again, no one is saying he wasn't playing poorly - but now you're aware that he was getting some pretty horrific abuse, maybe step back and realise you're not the one being dug out here?

As for Willock and Begovic - every single thread on here criticising them has people defending them, so eyelids are most certainly batted! And the criticism of them on here doesn't touch what Dunne got on social media.

Bare bones.

Dunne... on 10:28 - Mar 8 with 1310 viewsW7Ranger

Dunne... on 07:04 - Mar 8 by Northernr

Who was that Baggies player?

(I hope it was Johnston)
[Post edited 8 Mar 11:00]
Dunne... on 10:38 - Mar 8 with 1268 viewsW7Ranger

Dunne... on 21:35 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

Hmm.
Depends what you’re talking about. The abuse he got on social media was utterly disgraceful and an embarrassment to the club. It was less on here but it was about. And that sort of thing does make you less of a fan. Valid criticism is fine, but that’s not what the OP meant.

This!

[Post edited 8 Mar 11:00]
Dunne... on 10:51 - Mar 8 with 1219 viewstraininvain

Dunne... on 10:13 - Mar 8 by Antti_Heinola

I'm not really on social media either, but there were multiple posts on here about the abuse he was getting and that he had left all social media as a result; it was also referred to in Clive's reports. It's not exactly been a secret, and you post good stuff on here a lot so I'm surprised you hadn't heard anything about it. Again, no one is saying he wasn't playing poorly - but now you're aware that he was getting some pretty horrific abuse, maybe step back and realise you're not the one being dug out here?

As for Willock and Begovic - every single thread on here criticising them has people defending them, so eyelids are most certainly batted! And the criticism of them on here doesn't touch what Dunne got on social media.

Genuinely didn’t know that he was copping personal abuse on social media and sorry to hear that’s been going on.

Dunne definitely doesn’t deserve that nor do any of this squad imo. Apologies to the OP as misjudged what he was saying.
Dunne... on 10:57 - Mar 8 with 1212 viewsW7Ranger

Dunne... on 10:51 - Mar 8 by traininvain

Genuinely didn’t know that he was copping personal abuse on social media and sorry to hear that’s been going on.

Dunne definitely doesn’t deserve that nor do any of this squad imo. Apologies to the OP as misjudged what he was saying.

No worries.

Maybe I should've been more clearer. As Antti says, it was predominantly (95%) social media. It was bordering (but not quite) along the lines of the horrendous abuse Lumley was getting.
Dunne... on 10:30 - Mar 10 with 940 viewsNorthernr

Dunne... on 18:05 - Mar 7 by Burnleyhoop

Only one serving of slop in the last nine games. A clear and hopefully permanent sign of improved consistency.

How many games will it need to shake the doubt?

Not to be a complete smarmy little know-all twt about it but... do you see where my jadedness/concern comes from now?
Dunne... on 11:03 - Mar 10 with 858 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne... on 10:30 - Mar 10 by Northernr

Not to be a complete smarmy little know-all twt about it but... do you see where my jadedness/concern comes from now?

Yes, but this was no Stoke performance, this was a good start, don't take your chances, concede an unfortunate goal and Boro did what we did to Leicester,

Starting Frey was a poor call, taking off Field and not starting Hodge for Chair were both marginal with hindsight calls after Wednesday's exertions,

Pick the right team (don't under-estimate what Field + Dykes bring to the team), make the right sub calls + this team is good enough to go on another run.
Dunne... on 11:10 - Mar 10 with 838 viewsdaveB

Dunne... on 11:03 - Mar 10 by ParkRoyalR

Yes, but this was no Stoke performance, this was a good start, don't take your chances, concede an unfortunate goal and Boro did what we did to Leicester,

Starting Frey was a poor call, taking off Field and not starting Hodge for Chair were both marginal with hindsight calls after Wednesday's exertions,

Pick the right team (don't under-estimate what Field + Dykes bring to the team), make the right sub calls + this team is good enough to go on another run.

Why was starting Frey a poor call? He did well midweek
When i saw the team at 2 yesterday I thought he'd got it right with Colback coming back in and Willock, I'd have done exactly the same.

Fine margins with these things, take one of our chances first half we win the game and he looks a genius
Dunne... on 11:22 - Mar 10 with 809 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne... on 11:10 - Mar 10 by daveB

When i saw the team at 2 yesterday I thought he'd got it right with Colback coming back in and Willock, I'd have done exactly the same.

Fine margins with these things, take one of our chances first half we win the game and he looks a genius

Frey did well mid-week?

Missed a penalty and mis-cued a very easy header from 6 yards which seemed to come of his shoulder.

Didn't win many headers, didn't hold the ball up well but did run hard and won back possession on occasion, which you'd want after missing that chance + such poor penalty.

Looked like an unfit pub player 3 weeks ago and now deemed fit enough to start another game, 3 games after an exhausting 80 odd minutes v WBA.

Wrong call for me, and was obvious mid-way thru 1st Half yesterday.
Dunne... on 11:23 - Mar 10 with 801 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dunne... on 11:10 - Mar 10 by daveB

I got in the ground around 1:30 as I need a pee and saw someone I know and asked if he knew what the team was. He replied that Dykes and Colback were in for Frey & Hayden, the rest unchanged.
When the players came out for their warm ups and drills there was no sign of Dykes and the waters were muddied further when the teams were read out and Dykes was on the bench. He came out around 2:45 ish to join in with the shooting drills but in tracksuit bottoms.
Common sense would dictate that after the efforts for 90 mins on Weds that Dykes for Frey was a reasonable rotation and then Frey starts anyway.

The grass is always greener.

Dunne... on 12:04 - Mar 10 with 725 viewsNorthernr

Dunne... on 11:03 - Mar 10 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes made zero difference off the bench and we died completely when Chair was taken off.
Dunne... on 12:28 - Mar 10 with 663 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne... on 12:04 - Mar 10 by Northernr

Dykes made zero difference off the bench and we died completely when Chair was taken off.

Boro scored a fortunate goal against the run of play 10 minutes after the changes and Boro then dropped deep with 10 men behind the ball,

Comparing Boro and the game before and after that 1st goal is comparing Apple's + Orange's.

We didn't die at all, we just struggled to breakdown a 10 man defence, altho Smyth had our best chance all game (left foot fella) and they did some heroic Leicester away type blocks in and around the box.

First 20 we should have scored and for all our crossing into the box Frey was unable to get involved in the game.
Dunne... on 18:19 - Mar 10 with 503 viewsmart_Goblin

Dunne... on 11:22 - Mar 10 by ParkRoyalR

Frey did well mid-week?

Missed a penalty and mis-cued a very easy header from 6 yards which seemed to come of his shoulder.

Didn't win many headers, didn't hold the ball up well but did run hard and won back possession on occasion, which you'd want after missing that chance + such poor penalty.

Looked like an unfit pub player 3 weeks ago and now deemed fit enough to start another game, 3 games after an exhausting 80 odd minutes v WBA.

Wrong call for me, and was obvious mid-way thru 1st Half yesterday.

Was in W block Wednesday and that header came off his shoulder because it was behind him and he had to arch his back and did well to even get to it as he was already on the move doing what a striker should and get across his marker .

You are entitled to your criticism of Frey, but you are stating things that ain’t true to seemingly just ‘dig him out’.
Dunne... on 19:19 - Mar 10 with 378 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne... on 18:19 - Mar 10 by mart_Goblin

Was in W block Wednesday and that header came off his shoulder because it was behind him and he had to arch his back and did well to even get to it as he was already on the move doing what a striker should and get across his marker .

You are entitled to your criticism of Frey, but you are stating things that ain’t true to seemingly just ‘dig him out’.

I stated the header came off his shoulder - True

I disagreed that a forward who missed a penalty, and arguably a good chance played well - True (as could have adjusted his run and if it came off his shoulder his heads not that far away)

I did not criticize Frey, thought he worked hard, certainly didn't dig him out, just stated the facts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024