Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 60392 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Begovic on 09:52 - Mar 30 with 1714 viewsNed_Kennedys

He did ok yesterday: no chance with the goal and solid enough throughout the game. Certainly played better than Ruddy.
Only seven more games left for people to moan about him and then onto the next one.
Begovic on 09:55 - Mar 30 with 1685 viewsSydneyRs

Begovic on 09:52 - Mar 30 by Ned_Kennedys

He did ok yesterday: no chance with the goal and solid enough throughout the game. Certainly played better than Ruddy.
Only seven more games left for people to moan about him and then onto the next one.

The free kick just before Dunne scored. One he should take but brum fired it in and had two runners closing in on him. He spills that we lose the game and a very different mood today. Instead his clearance led to the winning goal.
Begovic on 09:59 - Mar 30 with 1634 viewsted_hendrix

We spent a few minutes before KO watching our keepers practicing stopping shots, I don't think our substitute keeper stopped one shot.
Oh dear.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Begovic on 10:00 - Mar 30 with 1625 viewsJevlar

I must confess I had an outburst after Begovic continued to stay on his line when Field was clearly asking for him to come and collect the ball. Infuriating.

Overall, he’s been a little underwhelming, perhaps he’s lost speed and mobility as we all do, be interesting to see what happens with him next season, if we do stay up.
Begovic on 10:02 - Mar 30 with 1584 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Are you his agent?
Begovic on 10:06 - Mar 30 with 1550 viewshubble

Begovic on 09:59 - Mar 30 by ted_hendrix

We spent a few minutes before KO watching our keepers practicing stopping shots, I don't think our substitute keeper stopped one shot.
Oh dear.

I think that was Archer. But it was Joe Walsh who was on the bench.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Begovic on 10:13 - Mar 30 with 1523 viewsfrancisbowles

Begovic on 10:00 - Mar 30 by Jevlar

I must confess I had an outburst after Begovic continued to stay on his line when Field was clearly asking for him to come and collect the ball. Infuriating.

Overall, he’s been a little underwhelming, perhaps he’s lost speed and mobility as we all do, be interesting to see what happens with him next season, if we do stay up.

Well it won't be with us.

His decision making very suspect, very nervy, confidence eroding by the week. Thank goodness we now have a bit of a cushion, ease a little of the nerves for Begovic and all the squad.
Begovic on 10:13 - Mar 30 with 1520 viewsted_hendrix

Begovic on 10:06 - Mar 30 by hubble

I think that was Archer. But it was Joe Walsh who was on the bench.

Fair do's, we were In NL yesterday and I just mentioned to my lad the keeper hasn't stopped a shot yet and he said ''I know''.
Mustn't be negative after yesterday.
We've been blessed with good keepers over the Years. (Internationals too).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 10:20 - Mar 30 with 1464 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I thought he had a solid game, no keeper would have stopped the goal and he did well with the Cook backpass/shot.

I think Cook gestured something like you should have been closer but I'd have assumed (were it me) he'd have cleared it rather than send it at pace towards goal.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Begovic on 10:22 - Mar 30 with 1441 viewsterryb

I thought that there were numerous times yesterday that he should have come off of his line & collected the ball. Staying put didn't seem to impress our defenders!

On the other hand, I also thought that he did very well in the first half when Stansfield was through & should have squared the ball for an open goal. I'm still not sure how we got away with that one!
Begovic on 10:25 - Mar 30 with 1411 viewsSharpediver

He's far too slow releasing the ball. A few times yesterday we could have launched counter attacks. Instead he hung on to the ball allowing Brum players to get back into position. Then, we pass it kamikaze fashion around the back before it invariably comes back to Begovic to hoof it nowhere in particular. Was so frustrating watching us do this over and over again. As well as the generally laborious and turgid passing which rarely went forward. Was such a relief when Sincs came on, he provided us with both pace and urgency.
[Post edited 30 Mar 10:28]
Begovic on 10:33 - Mar 30 with 1352 viewsNortholt_Rs

Begovic on 10:25 - Mar 30 by Sharpediver

He's far too slow releasing the ball. A few times yesterday we could have launched counter attacks. Instead he hung on to the ball allowing Brum players to get back into position. Then, we pass it kamikaze fashion around the back before it invariably comes back to Begovic to hoof it nowhere in particular. Was so frustrating watching us do this over and over again. As well as the generally laborious and turgid passing which rarely went forward. Was such a relief when Sincs came on, he provided us with both pace and urgency.
[Post edited 30 Mar 10:28]

Although the winning goal came directly from a hoof upfield by Asmir…

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Begovic on 10:37 - Mar 30 with 1336 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 10:02 - Mar 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

Are you his agent?

Different opinions hurt your sensibilities.
Begovic on 10:40 - Mar 30 with 1323 viewsSharpediver

Begovic on 10:33 - Mar 30 by Northolt_Rs

Although the winning goal came directly from a hoof upfield by Asmir…

Fair point mate
Begovic on 10:42 - Mar 30 with 1311 viewsAntti_Heinola

Are you joking?
Four separate occasions balls were played behind our defence that for any other team in the league the keeper would have been alert and agile enough and had a good enough starting position to just either come out and pick it up, or at least clear it. His handling was ok, distribution ok by his standards, but all those occasions could have cost us goals and twice, once by Cook, once by Field, our players were hurried into rushed clearances for balls he should have claimed very simply. Two balls in the second half almost rolled into his six yard box and STILL he didn't claim them. The game's passed him by.

Bare bones.

Begovic on 10:43 - Mar 30 with 1300 viewsAntti_Heinola

Begovic on 10:20 - Mar 30 by Metallica_Hoop

I thought he had a solid game, no keeper would have stopped the goal and he did well with the Cook backpass/shot.

I think Cook gestured something like you should have been closer but I'd have assumed (were it me) he'd have cleared it rather than send it at pace towards goal.

What? the pass was fine - but Begovic was gesturing to someone else on the pitch! I couldn't believe it - he wasn't even watching!

Bare bones.

Begovic on 10:49 - Mar 30 with 1262 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Begovic on 10:43 - Mar 30 by Antti_Heinola

What? the pass was fine - but Begovic was gesturing to someone else on the pitch! I couldn't believe it - he wasn't even watching!

I didn't see that bit only the pass and Cook afterwards.

I'm an old school keeper (hoof it) and that wasn't your usual backpass.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Begovic on 10:50 - Mar 30 with 1251 viewsDorse

Begovic on 10:42 - Mar 30 by Antti_Heinola

Are you joking?
Four separate occasions balls were played behind our defence that for any other team in the league the keeper would have been alert and agile enough and had a good enough starting position to just either come out and pick it up, or at least clear it. His handling was ok, distribution ok by his standards, but all those occasions could have cost us goals and twice, once by Cook, once by Field, our players were hurried into rushed clearances for balls he should have claimed very simply. Two balls in the second half almost rolled into his six yard box and STILL he didn't claim them. The game's passed him by.

Footage leaked of Begovic's training methods

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Begovic on 10:54 - Mar 30 with 1222 viewsHooping_Mad

Begovic on 10:50 - Mar 30 by Dorse

Footage leaked of Begovic's training methods

Gathers ball, races to edge of box. looks around. Waits for opposition to reset, does the same trick for 70 minutes.

Hence the goal was quite a shock, hopefully he learns what a quick turn over is all about now.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Begovic on 11:13 - Mar 30 with 1125 viewsjohncharles

Are you joking?

Begovic is a hugely experienced at a very high level. He’s well aware of his limitations and he won’t come for balls if feels he might not make it. Have we conceded a goal because he was caught in no man’s land ? We were lucky to get him when we did, where do you think we could have got a better keeper for the money we had and where do you think we would have found a keeper that would have come to us at that time ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Begovic on 11:15 - Mar 30 with 1106 viewsfrancisbowles

Begovic on 10:43 - Mar 30 by Antti_Heinola

It wasn't a great ball by Cooke but I thought that Begovic made a meal if it, should have got to it much quicker. Agree with you on all the rest though.
Begovic on 11:39 - Mar 30 with 1014 viewsNed_Kennedys

Are you joking?

Are YOU joking?
Do you spend the whole game watching for every moment of non-perfection from our keeper so you can back up your entrenched negative opinions?
Our keeper is past his prime and way from perfect: he played ok yesterday however much you try to push the agenda that ‘the game passed him by’.
Begovic on 11:58 - Mar 30 with 968 viewsNorthernr

Thought he was pretty terrifying again. I cannot explain what he's doing with that Cook back pass.
Begovic on 12:09 - Mar 30 with 919 viewsrichpr

Are you joking?

You clearly think all Championship keepers are perfect. Begovich had an OK game and you're scanning the whole game for a mistake or for a bit of indecision. When the ball drops inbetween the defender and the keeper - the defender should hoof it away and that's exactly what happened. His distribution was pretty good - all those long balls to Dunne on the wing were pretty accurate. When he had to kick it long, he did. Can't think of a mistake he made and yet he still gets criticized by the usual posters. I suggest you watch other championship games and re-evaluate your impression of a standard championship keeper. Plenty of mistakes and examples of poor distribution.
Begovic on 12:15 - Mar 30 with 894 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic on 12:09 - Mar 30 by richpr

You clearly think all Championship keepers are perfect. Begovich had an OK game and you're scanning the whole game for a mistake or for a bit of indecision. When the ball drops inbetween the defender and the keeper - the defender should hoof it away and that's exactly what happened. His distribution was pretty good - all those long balls to Dunne on the wing were pretty accurate. When he had to kick it long, he did. Can't think of a mistake he made and yet he still gets criticized by the usual posters. I suggest you watch other championship games and re-evaluate your impression of a standard championship keeper. Plenty of mistakes and examples of poor distribution.

Much more the case that the mistakes he did make luckily didn’t cost us. Stansfield taps a ball he should never be getting to slightly less and he rolls the ball into an empty goal. The backpass took months off my life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024